Guest_Grey Fox_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Is there a zip version

#22 Guest_Hannes_*

Guest_Hannes_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:19 PM

I have extract the fils into de C:\ drive and then dubble click on the shortcut then the texet "***FATAL*** String Manager ... .. .. :(

#23 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

Is there a zip version

Not at the moment. Are you having problems with winrar?

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#24 helmhammerhand

helmhammerhand
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:34 PM

I don't believe I have winrar.

If you were wondering helmhammerhand and guest greyfox are the same person

#25 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  •  2D Art

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

Gotcha. Well to play the mod (and many other mods :rolleyes:), you will need to download winrar from http://www.rarlab.com/. Its completely free and very easy to use.

Nice to see you registered also. Welcome to the forums.

Edited by Shikari, 02 January 2008 - 07:39 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 helmhammerhand

helmhammerhand
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

Thanks

#27 Guest_Tom_*

Guest_Tom_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

Hi,

I have a non legit version of the game, is there a way to make it work?

I get the error:

Game crash

Token 'FROST' is not a valid member of the index list

Error parsing field 'DamageType' in block 'Weapon' in file 'Data\INI\Weapon.ini', line 6551.

Error parsing field ' DamageType' in block 'Weapon' in file 'Data\INI\Weapon.ini', line 6551.
5 addresses:
(unknown)(0): game.dat+241550 Debug::PostStaticInit+3390
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2294796 FXParticleSystem::DefaultModuleKey<0>::operator=+15179
(unknown)(0): game.dat+2325810 GameClientRandomVariable::setRange+15179
(unknown)(0): game.dat+6460555 Xfer::operator==+119787
(unknown)(0): kernel32.dll+94167 RegisterWaitForInputIdle+73

Because of the severity of this error the game will now exit.

Thanks

#28 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

That's because you haven't got the right patch, and you can't get the right patch because you've got a cracked game.
Posted Image

#29 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:19 AM

It looks like it is trying to access BFME2 stuff instead of RotWK for some reason. Also, I only will support legit copies of the game. While I think RotWK is not a stellar expansion pack by any means, there is some functionality to the expansion pack that is absolutely vital to aspects of RJ-RotWK. To be honest, I don't think I've played that much non-modded RotWK since I bought it, though I play a LOT of BFME2 1.06 MP matches.

(One of the reasons I am modding RotWK instead of BFME2, is the fact that units created in RTS mode of WotR hang around for after the battle. The non-linear campaign cannot be done without this.)

Robert J.

#30 Guest_Guest_BoekeKerel_*

Guest_Guest_BoekeKerel_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:11 PM

I am dutch, so the installation explanation doesnt make much sense to me :p. Maybe someone here is dutch and can it explain it to me properly?

#31 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:23 PM

Ok, pak het rar bestand uit naar je C schijf (het kan ook ergens anders naar toe, maar dan moet je ook de snelkoppeling aanpassen). Als je geen winrar hebt download het dan van www.winrar.com . Als het goed is heb je nu op je C schijf de map RJ_RotWK staan. Als je Rise of the Witch-King ook op de C schijf hebt staan, start de snelkoppeling die ook in het rar bestand zit op, zoniet pas het doel van de snelkoppeling dan aan. RotWK moet gepatched zijn.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#32 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

Habe auch Game.dat. Hat das vielleicht mit Deutscher Version zu tun?

AppName: game.dat AppVer: 2.1.2614.37001 ModName: game.dat
ModVer: 2.1.2614.37001 Offset: 00035f58

Possibility German version?

Thanks

#33 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:08 PM

No, it shouldn't have anything to do with the game being in german. I'd say check the installation path.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#34 Guest_GrAf3r_*

Guest_GrAf3r_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:41 PM

I have a little problem... I`m instal your mod but your file asset.dat is wrong... When I use your asset.dat I can`t see "My heroes" and some your units... When I`m use my asset.dat file new units haven`t textores... Help me!
P.S.: SoRrY fOr My EnGlIsH:)

#35 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:32 AM

Could either be an incomplete download or you haven't installed it correctly.
Posted Image

#36 Guest_GrAf3r_*

Guest_GrAf3r_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

I extract all files from the folder Rj_rotwk to E:\GAMES\LOTR The rise of the wich king\EP1, and to C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\The Rise of the Witch-king Files. I have patch 2.01... But the asset.dat file is to small... It`s only 347kb... My asset.dat file is 847kb...
P.S.: SoRrY fOr My EnGlIsH:)

#37 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  •  2D Art

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

This mod works using something called -mod command. This means the installation is slightly different (but hopefully easier)

Follow these simple steps, and it should work :p

1) Extract the RAR file you downloaded. To open an RAR file, you must have winrar installed (avaliable free from HERE!)
2) Inside the rar, you will find the mod files (named RJ_Rotwk) a shortcut (to run the mod) and some text documents, which are credits and instructions.
3) Drag the mod files (RJ_Rotwk) to your C: directory
4) Drag the shortcut onto the desktop

The mod should now run. However you may need to adapt the above if your drives are named with different letters. Yours seems to be E: so place the mod there. Then you need to right click the shortcut, and change anywhere it says c: to e: in the 'target' and 'start in' fields

If it doesn't don't panic, there are several things you may need to check.

1) You have the latest EA patch installed (2.01)
2) You don't have any other mods installed in the program files directory.

Let us know if you have any difficulty with this ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Guest_MDdm_*

Guest_MDdm_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2008 - 10:50 AM

i just downloaded the file from file front and it contains only these files:

_RJ_RotWK1_03.big
CampaignReadme
English.big
Insructions-Audio-Video
Old Description
RJ-RotWK_Readme

HELP! I did the instructions step by step, only my RotWK file's in D:!
My RJ_RotWK file's in drive D:
HELP!

#39 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:04 AM

Looks like you downloaded v1.03, which is a little out-dated :wink_new: (read: 1.05.06 has lotsa more stuff).

Download 1.05.06 here: http://lordofthering.../RJ_Rotwk;85148

#40 Guest_MDdm_*

Guest_MDdm_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2008 - 03:58 PM

Looks like you downloaded v1.03, which is a little out-dated :wink_new: (read: 1.05.06 has lotsa more stuff).

Download 1.05.06 here: http://lordofthering.../RJ_Rotwk;85148

OK, I downloaded that & transferred my files to the default. Now it says: "The folder 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king' specified in the start in box is not valid. Make sure that the folder exists and that the path is correct"

My Target(in the RJ-RotWK shortcut) is "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\RJ_RotWK"

and my Start in is: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king"

help...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users