#41 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

Well if, as you said, you have it installed to your D: Drive not C:, then change the C: in Start and Target to D: - very simple! :wink_new:

Edited by mh_gollum, 26 January 2008 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

#42 Guest_MDdm_*

Guest_MDdm_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:23 AM

Well if, as you said, you have it installed to your D: Drive not C:, then change the C: in Start and Target to D: - very simple! :p

like i said, i transferred it to the default folder: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch King

it has something to do with the start in:?

#43 Guest_need help_*

Guest_need help_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

When I downloaded the mod All I got is one .RAR file and it isnt able to do anything with it. So is there something wrong?

#44 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:38 AM

When I downloaded the mod All I got is one .RAR file and it isnt able to do anything with it. So is there something wrong?

You're going to need to unrar it, similar to unzip. To download winrar you can use:
http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm

I use rar as the compression is usually superior to zip and thus smaller download size. With the next release I'm planning on more options (rar, zip, & .exe)

To install
1) open the rar file in winrar.
2) You will see a RJ_RotWK folder. Drag that to your c:\ (Or Extract it to c:\, a good way to make sure you know it's correct, go to c:\RJ_RotWK and there you should see 5 folders and a bunch of files.)
3) Extract the shortcut wherever you want and run.

If you have problems let us know. Also, I'm available on MSN at rob.n.karla@hotmail.com. I've walked a number of people through the installation and different errors that have arisen.

Robert J.

#45 Guest_Listercat_*

Guest_Listercat_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:02 PM

The Game works fine for a scenario or two and the it starts to lag, i had this problem with the last version of the RJ mod but not the one before that or the ROTWK game. Any ideas?

#46 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

- Make sure you don't have any other programs running at the same time as the game
- If it's becoming a problem after a couple of missions, this seems a little odd, but my best suggestion is to save, restart the game and pick up where you left off.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#47 Guest_Listercat_*

Guest_Listercat_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:38 PM

That's fine for single skirmishes but i can't load a saved game from the campaign and also to keep stopping and starting really gets annoying after a while until i really can't be bothered to carry on which is a shame as this is a great mod

#48 Hobbit-Feet

Hobbit-Feet
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:20 AM

Hi, Yeah well i tried a lot of times to get this going and i have them all [games and mod] installed in the C:\ as they shud but it refuses to run the moded version. Neways its probably sumthing really obvious and when some1 points it out ill kick myself bt I am really lost!!! :) So i included some screens to help the troubleshootin process and im pretty sure i have gone thru all the steps already provided so please help.!!!
Thanks in advance . Great mod by the way id have had it downloaded earlier but i "broked" my computer so i had to like completely reinstall the OS and stuff ! :)

Attached Files

#49 Hobbit-Feet

Hobbit-Feet
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:22 AM

Heres hte secound Pic hope the y help!! :)

Attached Files

#50 Hobbit-Feet

Hobbit-Feet
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

EHHH? does anyone have any ideas??? Rob? anyone??? im really wnat play this and no one is helping me !! damn u all ;P !!! oni messin! so yeah any help is obviusly much appreciated! Cheers

#51 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

looks proper to my eyes...

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#52 Hobbit-Feet

Hobbit-Feet
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

I know n all ! i couldnt figure it out , y it wasnt running i mean it made no sense!!!neways i guess ill just have to keep trying!!!

#53 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:21 PM

I apologize for the late response.

A couple of questions for you and a couple of things for you to try:

- Do you get a game.dat error or does it just load the non-mod version
- Have you cleared out your files in the app data directory?

If you are getting a game.dat error one of the leading causes of these are the files in the "Application Data\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files". Back up the files in this folder elsewhere and then clear it out. Start up the game and this tends to clear out a lot of problems.

Robert J.

#54 Hobbit-Feet

Hobbit-Feet
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:42 PM

I apologize for the late response
Robert J

No worries man! im sure u've got better things to be doing!! Neways your here now so;
No theres no game data error it just loads the un-moded game. I've done wat u suggested {deleting the application data/ROTWK Files... anyways} folder but it did nuthin i still just get plain and boring :p ROTWK :blush: . I dont no whats goin wrong!! neways thats it for now appreciate the help! Cheers :p

#55 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:06 PM

if its just loading the normal game then its probably a dumb mistake that you'll kick yourself for.
1. make sure you are using the correct shortcut (sounds dumb i know, but it happens).
2. check the shortcut target line; it should end with '-mod "C:\RJ_ROTWK"' or '-mod "C:\Program Files\RJ_ROTWK"' (or changed to match wherever you put it).
3. make sure the folder is named correctly in whatever directory you put it in.

thats all i got for now. even if you've checked these things before, check again.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 Hobbit-Feet

Hobbit-Feet
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:50 PM

Well i have tried all that agian to make sure but i got nothing more than a miscoloured screen. All the menu options and skirmish options were in yellow writing and there was faint hint of purple on the Withking Welcome screen (Witchking on his horse) Thats the most of it! I know dalf its definitley goin to be sumthing ill kinck myself for but i just cnat figure it out. Its one of those things thats so obvious i ...i just cant see it! neways thanks as ever.. :thumbsupsmiley:

#57 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:52 PM

If you are just loading the regular game on the shortcut, then Dalf32 is right where the the path in the shortcut is not 100% the same.

Right click on the RJ shortcut and go to properties. In the target make sure that the path is the same case-sensitive directory where the mod has been placed.

Robert J.

#58 Hobbit-Feet

Hobbit-Feet
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:22 PM

YESSS!!! it finally works!! I dont really no why now though... I started from the very, very begining of the beginning 'cause I just didn't now what was wrong with shortcut having gone through it painstakingly. So I downloaded it and did exactly as I did before but also paid attention to purging my pc of ROTWK files in Application Data just for the sake of it, extracting RJ_RotWK into the C:\ drive . Clicking on that shortcut, pleading with god to let it work! Personally I'd like to think it was god and not my own stupidity :) that was stopping me from playing the game but im sure you all have your thoughts :) !!! Either way it works!!! Yaaayy!!! Sorry for all the hassle!!! :spam: And thanks again for all the help...
I give You all My love in the form of a heart in the Top right hand corner of this message!!!! :wink_new:

Edited by Hobbit-Feet, 22 February 2008 - 09:23 PM.

#59 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:51 PM

I think you mean top left :p Great to hear it works!

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#60 Funbomb

Funbomb
  • Project Team
  • 246 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:18 AM

Lol at Yoda. For some reason, sometimes taking out the application data works if you don't have the RJ_Rotwk folder in it.
Posted Image <---2nd Sig I Made
Posted Image <---4th
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users