#81 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

Nice rob, look sweet in game :p sorry, forgot to send you the file for the brown cape :shiftee:, il get that emailed over

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#82 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

yes very good, elves are starting to shape up nicely

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#83 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:07 PM

they're starting to look nice too :alien: (I admit, can't remember any eventual old skins, but I sure as hell remember EA's...)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#84 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:28 AM

The new basic Mirkwood Archer (I need to mention that Rob38 also helped finish up the binding on the model):

Ah yes, I did help with the binding... seems like ages ago. :alien: So much has gone on in the past couple of weeks, hopefully I'll be able to talk to you on msn soon. :shiftee:

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#85 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:23 PM

By Eru....those are killer. Nice FX and Great skins.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#86 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:53 AM

Well, I have a couple of things to show.

With the new elven subfactions, some changes are going to be made to the galadhrim (the helms deep guys).

So, first the rohan galadhrim. Previously they had a light blue LA skin, and a golden HA skin. I have edited the model, and reskinned so that the LA version has a travelling cloak (like the elves when they arrive at helms deep with haldir.) The HA version of these elves will now use the previous light blue LA skin for HA.

The golden HA skin will be used for lorien's elite unit (toggle, equivalent to noldor warriors, with prepurchased silverthorn arrows)

Posted Image

Rohan LA - Model & Skin by Shikari
Rohan HA - Remapping of Model, & Skin by Rob38
Galadhrim Maethyr - Remapping of Model, & Skin by Rob38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second thing is mirkwood's basic archers (maethyr o cy).

Posted Image

Model by Robnkarla, Skin by Shikari

Really quick... Umm... weren't the Galadhrim traveling cloaks grey? Kind of like the tunics they wore in Lorien? And wasn't half of their armour visible as the cloaks were not completely over them? Also, the way the Elves fire arrows, ALL Elves with archer capabilities (save Thranduil, Mirkwood archers and Legolas) don't fire arrows like in the seen in the movies. The Elves fire bows standing vertically, not horizontally like the Rohirrim did. It's not that I don't love the skins, they are ASTRONOMICALLY FAR BEYOND what I could ever achieve but I am the type of person that gives **constructive**criticism to people who actually MAKE the stuff. Wouldn't mind it being released as is, though... So long as the elves get their share as has been mentioned.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 06 March 2008 - 06:58 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#87 Black Dragon

Black Dragon

title available

• Project Team
  • 304 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:30 AM

wow

blackdragon.jpg

#88 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:56 AM

The elves are getting nicely colored out. Looking at them, makes me to remember TES: Morrowid GJ keep it up ( i hope you reskin some other races as well ) :ph34r:
"Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
"From this seal shall arise the doom of men,"
"who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
"Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
"Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

"Tremble, mortals, and despair! Doom has come to this world!"

#89 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:13 PM

actually most of the other races include multiple reskinnings! check out the gondor soldiers, they are reskinned, as are KoDA. i believe the dwarves are reskinned (may be wrong), and the mordor trolls now have an alternate skin. jsut a few of them though.
check em out, theyre great! :ph34r:

Edited by Dalf32, 06 March 2008 - 09:17 PM.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#90 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:28 PM

One thing that really bugs me about the mod is that even though Elrond was made more powerful (attc. speed), he is still not as strong as Glorfindel until level 10, and even then, it's only temporarily. Elrond was said (by Tolkein) to be stronger than Glorfindel. I believe (since many other issues I have brought up in the past are being fixed) that this is an issue that will be fixed (meta for Elrond, bit more attack and perhaps defensive capabilities, (etc.).

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 09 March 2008 - 08:53 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#91 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

Imo, meta should be removed for all heroes except trolls, flying things, and mordor WK. Or, each hero should get minor meta. As it is, it's pretty unfair comparing some heroes who have it and others who don't.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#92 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:02 AM

meta makes lvl easier, its usefull by the expensiver heroes who needs tons of exp, i think you could add small meta for all ( kilin 2 units at once ).
"Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."

#93 Dalmp

Dalmp
  • Project Team
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

Well, seriously, nothing but respect for cahik, RJ, Shikari, Rob and anyone else involved. This stuff is unbelievable. The best Elven work in any mod to date, by the looks of it. You should all be bursting with pride lol.

I just can't wait to see it all in a game! :wink_new:
Amateurs study Tactics. Professionals study Logistics.
-Napoleon

Posted Image

#94 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

Well, at least give Elrond a very very large buff in def, attk. and hp if he doesn't get any meta... but meta is preferered by far (although some stat boosts would be nice). They are not high enough considering his cost. It is insane to think someone that is only useful at level 10 is worth 4k if it is nearly impossible to get him there. I say keep meta damage but give it a bit of a nerf for those like Arvedui (mega meta) save the WK/WK of Angmar. Keep meta damage like Haldir for most heroes though (about 2 kills at a time). As of right now, Elrond is weak and needs some buffs to make him worth 4k.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 14 March 2008 - 03:14 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#95 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

i agree with you, elrond should get some kind of buff, he costs a lot of resourcess, at least give him meta like berserks got ( two next to each other standing units die, if not clumped ).

but still consider this : elrond has the fastest attack from all other melee heroes, soo giving him too powerfull meta, would make him op, as he could slice half of your army before even scratching him.

#96 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:26 PM

i agree with you, elrond should get some kind of buff, he costs a lot of resourcess, at least give him meta like berserks got ( two next to each other standing units die, if not clumped ).

but still consider this : elrond has the fastest attack from all other melee heroes, soo giving him too powerfull meta, would make him op, as he could slice half of your army before even scratching him.

I think he should get meta slightly better than Haldir's. He NEEDS to be stronger than Glorfindel but as it stands, he is not very strong until he reaches level 10, and even then, he's only strong if tornado is charged and that lasts for how long... 30 seconds of use for like 10 min of charging (lest starlight or whatever the thing be, is used)?

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 14 March 2008 - 03:15 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#97 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

though the siege sorcereres look FUC*** awasome, Thats REALLY SOMETHING, damn wow, if you say " unique " than this is what it means to have unique units cool ( clap hadns) i got just 3 things to ask

1st. why are there 3 types of sorcerrers ? whats diferent having water fire air ( i saw the fire, its like fire ball scorching land, but what water and air ? ari looks like metaimpact )

2nd, they look pretty overpowered right now, and now im pointing to the red ones, who throw fireballs, the burning area is too big, well but i think if they are op, you guys nerf em, this is just beta vidoes propably

3rd, how they gonna work ? becouse there are 3 types ? will you make it soo that i can have only one type at time, or combine em.

one more thing : mithlond unit should be having toogle sword and pike, i think its kinda unfair, they get " two units " in the cost of one ( when another race needs to buy swordsman, and pikes, they just get this, and toogle them when needed )

but still this looks cool, and itll get balanced in time, soo its stupid to point on rigged units and other stuff, all will be hopefully fixed

( soo we can hope that you guys, get to overhaul another race . . . cough cough mote cough cough gondor cough ) :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by Myrdin, 15 March 2008 - 09:12 PM.

#98 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 15 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

1st. why are there 3 types of sorcerrers ? whats diferent having water fire air ( i saw the fire, its like fire ball scorching land, but what water and air ? ari looks like metaimpact )

There are three types to represent the three elven rings, which represent these three elements.
Each type will have a basic attack, like you can see in the videos, as well as one special ability each.
They can be combined with other elements, and their special power changes depending on this. So for example combining air and water might give you a whirlpool ability, fire and air firewind. (Those are random examples, we will think of better stuff :D)

2nd, they look pretty overpowered right now, and now im pointing to the red ones, who throw fireballs, the burning area is too big, well but i think if they are op, you guys nerf em, this is just beta vidoes propably

They shouldn't be overpowered, they are the same price to purchase as seige weapons, and do damage in the same way. There are a lot of them in those vids, so they look powerful, but imagine that many trebs together...

3rd, how they gonna work ? becouse there are 3 types ? will you make it soo that i can have only one type at time, or combine em.

Think I answered that, but yeh, you can combine 2 elements, or all 3 elements at once.

one more thing : mithlond unit should be having toogle sword and pike, i think its kinda unfair, they get " two units " in the cost of one ( when another race needs to buy swordsman, and pikes, they just get this, and toogle them when needed )

We'll make sure they get balanced right. They will cost more because of the toggle most likely. It's probably best to try them in game before commenting on the balance, as you said, so be patient on this one :thumbsupsmiley:

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#99 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:05 PM

I came up with an idea that may help the Elves having too many heroes, despite them being hero based. Move Arwen to Gondor, seeing as she was its queen. I use Elves and see her as just another bit of hero fodder. Galadriel as also a bit underpowered... weak stats, no meta (just knockback)... powers are nice but she is so hard to level... she's not worth it, like Elrond.

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 16 March 2008 - 06:02 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#100 Myrdin

Myrdin

title available

• Members
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:48 PM

thats true, galadriel should be uped a bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users