Narnia in BFME

• Please log in to reply
476 replies to this topic

#381 Erucenindë

Erucenindë
  • Members
  • 82 posts
  • Projects:Mapper for the Battles of Narnia mod for BFME1
  •  Gollum Impersonater *gollum* Yes, Precious.

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:13 PM

Nice, Sarge.

Posted Image

*gollum*

#382 Erucenindë

Erucenindë
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:45 PM

here are some Player/Fan banners i made.

http://bfmeii.inform...anners-t18.html

Posted Image

*gollum*

#383 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 13 December 2008 - 07:06 PM

Well, the under me words were carved out of stone, so maybe you should put a little more stone textures around the outsides of them, to look more like stone that was overgrown with grass, and not letters dug out of dirt and then lined with stone :) .
Greetings, community.

#384 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts
  • Projects:The Battle of Five Armies beta4.7, RJ-RotWK and the Narnia mod for BFME 1
  •  The mapper behind the Battle of Five Armies beta4.7 =D

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:01 PM

Jeth, believe me when I say that the snow looks rubbish on this map ;)
More City Ruinous coming up... oh, and I replaced all the starting camps, I'll post a piccie up soon once I've gone over those grass textures again (for the third time, I swear I'm never going to get it right... oh well :p )

Nice banners btw, Erucenindë, they look awesome! And thanks for my mapper sig it's awesome! ^_^

To Gfire: Uh, explain what you mean by stony? Do you mean like the walls being more stone-like or putting loads of tiny little bricks back into it again? :evgr:

I'm thinking of maybe moving all future stuff about the UNDER ME map to Jeth's new site, but I dunno I might leave it here for sake of simplicity...
My Battle of Five Armies thread is looking empty now... I posted loads of new piccies and nobody's replied :p I need to do some more work on that map... :)

Sgt. Angel
Your signature has been removed because it was far too big and you failed to act upon the request to resize it - DLotS

#385 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

twenty pages! the most ever for a drawing board topic! ^_^

I'll take your word for it on the snow, Sarge. :p as this is in the far north, make sure the grass looks pale, not extremely green. And I forgot to say this, but all mappers should consult the books when designing your locales.... ;)

for now, keep Narnia discussion here. I'm still in the process of setting the forums up just right. :evgr:

#386 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts
  • Projects:The Battle of Five Armies beta4.7, RJ-RotWK and the Narnia mod for BFME 1

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:38 PM

Yeah, the forums are looking good! You did a great job on designing them and laying it all out... I've sent you a PM answering all of your queries on how to do stuff on there, btw ^_^

I must admit, twenty pages is an awesome achievement! Go BoN! :evgr:
I'll make the grass paler, I've fitted out five textures for it all atm... It's gonna look good :p

I hope you don't mind if I've been consulting the BBC series for the UNDER ME map? It's just I've been watching the Silver Chair and looking at the layout of the land and the size of things and been trying to put it into the map, but I haven't actually got the book of the Silver Chair at home... I might have the Audio CD though... ;) I'll have a look around...

Sgt. Angel
Your signature has been removed because it was far too big and you failed to act upon the request to resize it - DLotS

#387 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:46 PM

If you don't have the books, the best thing would be to go buy them as soon as possible! ;)

However, I realize certain things may make that unfeasible for the time being. The audio CD is probably best, especially if it's unabridged. The BBC series I have never seen, but I trust is accurate. Might as well use it for a reference.

My mental imagery comes from the PBS version of it they did a while back. Google for pics from it is another good option. :evgr:

#388 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:52 PM

I have every single book except for the Silver Chair and the Last Battle... when I was little I stopped reading after Prince Caspian left in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader ^_^

Yeah, the audio CD is unabridged. And the BBC version is accurate to the letter when it comes to descriptions and imigary of things which is why I used it... though I must admit the Dragon from VotDT was a bit, uh... weird :p

Never heard the PBS version before... ;) and as to searching on Google... boy, that was an experience, it has like NO images of UNDER ME, Ruined City, City Ruinous and everything else AT ALL after like... what was it... 21 pages or something similar? :evgr:

Sgt. Angel

#389 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 11:19 PM

the Audio CD would be one you should definitely consult. :evgr:

that's Google for you. strange thing. ;)

#390 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 14 December 2008 - 02:28 AM

Focus on the Family Radio Theater: BEST NARNIA AUDIOBOOK I HAVE EVER SEEN! er... heard. :evgr: Get it, it rocks, and it has a full cast, too.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#391 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 03:43 AM

Does it cover all the books or just TL,TW+TW?

Sgt. Angel

Edit: By the way, this post is open so I can put up some new screenies of UNDER ME in a sec... :evgr:

Edited by Sgt. Angel, 14 December 2008 - 03:44 AM.

#392 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 14 December 2008 - 04:04 AM

It covers all of them. And it is a very good rendition, with a full cast to boot.

#393 Erucenindë

Erucenindë
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:19 PM

hmm. PBS. first mental image of Narnia. Special Effects=sorry.

Can't wait for the Silver Chair from Disney.

Posted Image

*gollum*

#394 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:37 PM

I have the full set of Focus on the Family Radio Theater ones, and I remember they are very accurate.

What I mean by stony is that the are around the letters, and not just the inside of the letters, should be stone, since it was carved out of stone. It would probably be stone with some grass coming up here and there. I remember from the book it was very stony, but it was also snowing.
Greetings, community.

#395 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:47 PM

Ah, I see... that makes more sense. In the BBC version of the Silver Chair the ground is all grassy, but a bit of extra stone here and there wouldn't hurt. Oh, and I made the letters more stone-like as well, but only using textures that are already on the map. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Sgt. Angel

#396 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:53 AM

Okay, everyone, let's try and move all this discussion to the new forums! :thumbsdownsmiley: I think its high time now!

Mappers, the best thing would be to start a new thread for the each of you, and post updates on the maps you are working on in your personal thread.

For those just reading on us, just go to the Wardrobe for the latest and greatest! :p

#397 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:09 AM

Good call. Let's move out! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Goodbye, Revora BoN topic... hello awesome new site! :p

Edit: Spam removed, as although it was good it was too long for the post and was taking too long to get right! :p
Remeber everyone, the site's adress is http://bfmeii.informe.com/forum/ !

Edited by Sgt. Angel, 15 December 2008 - 05:40 AM.

#398 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:14 AM

Take the spam off! It's against the rules. (that, or put it in a scrolling codebox so we don't have to scroll through it)

#399 Sgt. Angel

Sgt. Angel
  • Project Team
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:18 AM

Already done! Though I'd tried to do that about three times... I'm sure my internet is slowing down today :thumbsdownsmiley:

Although coming to think of it, it's better just to leave it off anyway. By the way, should I move all the stuff about UNDER ME to the new topic?

Sgt. Angel

Edit: Forget that last question, I've opened some new topics in the maps section in THE WARDROBE, one for mike_, one for me and one for Erucenindë. I think it's a good idea to make new topics for maps as they're started by the site's members, it kinda makes it easier to find info on specific maps rather then just visiting one topic and having to search through each time. :p

Edited by Sgt. Angel, 15 December 2008 - 05:32 AM.

#400 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:34 AM

yeah, i guess so. good thinking!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users