Posted Image

'What's so civil about war anyway' - Axl Rose

#142 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:35 PM

In the Evendim map(s), are you including Annúminas as well? It's one of my favourite areas in Lord of the Rings Online :mellow:
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#143 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:14 AM

If you can reveal anything, here's a question:

Will the hero AI be different in Minas Tirith? Like will the WK be picking fights with Gandalf, and other fun details like that?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#144 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:08 AM

AI screwing makes games unfun. Like when you want a certain unit and then AI only targets you and kills you and makes you spam 'pults to beat them back to make the unit/hero (I love my late game units early-game).

Edited by Crazy Intellectual Liberal, 13 July 2008 - 06:09 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#145 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:36 PM

Maybe. We're trying to get the foundations laid-down before we start on the furnishings :crazed:

#146 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Projects:Gediminas Mod
  •  Project Leader For Gediminas Mod and Coder

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:53 PM

I love wotr mode. I hope we will see more new regions, and fixed crashes in wotr mode. :D

#147 Guest_Killboy the Elf_*

Guest_Killboy the Elf_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:24 AM

In the Evendim map(s), are you including Annúminas as well? It's one of my favourite areas in Lord of the Rings Online ^_^

I hope so if they do they should put Tinnundir and have Creeps on Tyl Runein. I was so upset that Tinnundir wasnt on the RA Evendim.

How could that be your favourite area i hated the Lake Swim i cant wait till they add boat travel.

#148 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

In the Evendim map(s), are you including Annúminas as well? It's one of my favourite areas in Lord of the Rings Online :p

I hope so if they do they should put Tinnundir and have Creeps on Tyl Runein. I was so upset that Tinnundir wasnt on the RA Evendim.

How could that be your favourite area i hated the Lake Swim i cant wait till they add boat travel.

There's an exploit for that: continuously jump while swimming. It's LOTS faster ^_^
Now I think about it, Mordrambor, Amarthiel and Mordirith could be heroes for Angmar. A little nod to LotRO :p
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#149 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

Could you provide an explanation for what exactly it is you guys have been talking about? ^_^

EDIT: Well, I know what the game is. Just haven't played it. I mean more like the names and such.

Edited by mike_, 15 July 2008 - 02:17 PM.

#150 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:58 PM

Sure thing :p

Annúminas was a great city of the kings of Arnor, on the shores of Evendim. It was deserted however, during the war against the Witch-King in the early Third Age. One of the Witch-King's Lieutenants was an elf, corrupted by one of the minor Rings of Power, Narchuil. Her name is Amarthiel, the Champion of Angmar. In an attempt to gain his daughter back, the father of Amarthiel destroys Narchuil in two pieces and hides them, after the fall of the Witch-King during the battle of Fornost. He fails however, and Amarthiel disappears.

During the War of the Ring, Sauron sends one of his Lieutenants to rebuild the kingdom of Angmar. The steward of the Witch-King is the wraith Mordirith. Books 1 to 8 of the epic storyline of the game is about the player against the armies of Angmar, and at the last chapter you manage to strike a severe blow against Mordirith. Mordirith pulls back to Carn Dûm. With Mordirith in a weakened position, Amarthiel shows up again, quickly grabbing the palantír of Carn Dûm which previously belonged to Mordirith. With the palantír she seeks Narchuil, her lost Ring.

Being a rival of Mordirith, Amarthiel chooses to reside in Annúminas. During the storyline in Annúminas, with the help of the Dúnedain you eventually capture Mordrambor, one of the Black Númenorian lieutenants of Amarthiel. After a vision in the palantír, Amarthiel sends Mordrambor to the Trollshaws to find Narchuil. You grab and destroy the palantír of Annúminas, however.

Mordrambor finds one of the two pieces of Narchuil and returns it to one of the fortresses in Angmar, for study. After a succesful raid you capture the piece. Laerdan, the father of Amarthiel, tells you where he hid the other piece - he gave it to the Last King of Arnor. That means the piece is in the ship that sunk in the barren ice-lands of Forochel. I don't know how it continues (my game card was up ^_^), but eventually you gain the other piece, and as the rivalry between Mordirith and Amarthiel grows into civil war, attempt to reforge it in the Eregion Forges.

Don't know if this is entirely correct, but I believe the gross pieces are right. :p

Edited by Allathar, 15 July 2008 - 04:37 PM.

#151 The Black Goldfish

The Black Goldfish
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Projects:A Chernobyl trip/retrip
  •  Weird-and-Wicked Lobbyist

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:12 PM

Not entirely; the palantir of Fornost/Amon sul and Annuminas went with The last king of Arnor.
The Black Goldfish Pisses in (read= on) the mainstream... again.

94% of teenagers today are a bunch of uninformed morons. If you are one of the 6% who actually reads the paper, or anything besides cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, copy and paste this into your signature.
98% of teens have done pot. Copy and paste this to your signature if you are one of the 2% that are pot free.
92% of teens listen to nothing but rap. If you are one of the 8% that listens to real music(like metal...), copy and paste this to your signature.

I am a RJ fan, but i am too god-damn stupid to copy the sign in here...just ought to let you know!

#152 Guest_Killboy the Elf_*

Guest_Killboy the Elf_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:34 AM

While the 2 plantirs were in the bottom of Forechel, LOTRO changed it so only one was.

But the summary was spot on, just to add though;

When Anumminus was in control of Amarthriel the Wardens of Anumminus (Dunadain) under Calanglad with the help of Laeradan fight the Agmarians and eventually take back Anumminus but not before Laeradan trys to kill Amarthriel himself. The Wardens were encamped at the island fortress of Tinnundir on Lake Evendim north east of Anummius. Also on the south western edge of the lake lived the Blue lady of Evendim who was a river daughter like Goldberry or the red-maid.

Calanglad was a ranger who remaind after travelling their to seek a gem of Gil-Galad that was in the tomb of Elendil to reforge Narsil so he could be a inn here somewhere or even with Halbared in the summon Dunadian power.

Amarthriel and Morodrith could never be on the same team (civil war anyone) but Morodrith could be a great hero for Angmar.

#153 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:45 AM

True... But let's continue this on the Angmar thread ^_^

By the way, this is a map of LotRO Evendim:

Posted Image

Edited by Allathar, 16 July 2008 - 01:59 PM.

#154 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK

Posted 20 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

For WoTR, or any other scenario in the World Map, does anybody find Angmar to be incredibly IMBA early game? I was playing Arnor, and relived it pretty well, since the Witch King practically solos everything I have when the game starts. I had all four heroes chase him down JUST so I can kill him and lose with the notion the Witch-King can die. I think the Witch-King needs a nerf atleast with his mini-Sauron weapon. :/

Posted Image

I'm not smoking anything, I'm just Japanese.

You guys better hope I don't get hired by EA one day, sorry, I meant interned for very low wages

#155 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 20 July 2008 - 06:46 PM

Yeah, the angmar wk is pretty op for his cost, and you get him free in wotr.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#156 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:30 PM

Agreed, one of the many problems that make Angmar op and up at the same time. I dont use Angmar anymore because of this. ;)

#157 *Ranger*

*Ranger*
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

Are there any plans to replace the Amon Sul map with the fortress version, if not can you please? i never understood why they made that map and never put it in war of the ring mode when i think it should have.

#158 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

Mmmm...it's being replaced with weathertop actually :facepalm:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#159 *Ranger*

*Ranger*
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:09 PM

Oh yeah i remember reading that somewhere thanks

#160 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:40 PM

*on topic*

Can we have Edoras back? I'd like to see it, if not in the Living World Map, as a skirmish map at least.
Also, I had an idea for Moria - perhaps you could adapt it to have a player at either end, with creep lairs inbetween - kinda like the EA Paths of the Dead map. It would be brilliant - you could up that as a pass through the Misty Mountains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users