Photo

Rohan

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

Poll: SEE's Rohan faction!

Rohan as single faction in SEE?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:37 PM

Hmm, yeah. Basically i like this idea. It will need more stuff than what you just wrote (rohan will need siege equipment, for example).
On the other hand, there is enough stuff on our collective plates already, so i can't muster the enthusiasm to involve myself with yet another faction for now :thumbsupsmiley:

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#42 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

True, and no worries. This is not especially iminent :unsure:
I just wanted to give a heads up... :thumbsupsmiley:

*completeing previous post*

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#43 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

I've always wanted Rohan as a separate faction. Definitely increases the movie feel for me. :thumbsupsmiley:

#44 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

I know I have been very reluctant for ages to do this, but we've come so far now that the Men faction is getting too crowded, and many things make others not that useful. Meaning, we now have 3 cavalry units (Gondor Knights, Rohan Rohirrim and Rohan Royal Guard). 3 archer units (Gondor Archers, Ithilien Rangers and Rohan Yeoman Archers) with two sets of Stables and Archery ranges as well as two armories, two statues, two wells and two towers...

Splitting them up is no longer that unlogical and unwanted, and I would actually think it would be good for the overall balance and feeling of SEE =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#45 Aragorn King Elessar

Aragorn King Elessar
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:47 PM

I know I have been very reluctant for ages to do this, but we've come so far now that the Men faction is getting too crowded, and many things make others not that useful. Meaning, we now have 3 cavalry units (Gondor Knights, Rohan Rohirrim and Rohan Royal Guard). 3 archer units (Gondor Archers, Ithilien Rangers and Rohan Yeoman Archers) with two sets of Stables and Archery ranges as well as two armories, two statues, two wells and two towers...

Splitting them up is no longer that unlogical and unwanted, and I would actually think it would be good for the overall balance and feeling of SEE =)

Excited :thumbsupsmiley: this will allow more units and hero's too :unsure:
Posted Image

#46 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

Okay, no one else here is outraged (outraged? I don't know if I'd go that far, maybe I'm "annoyed", but it's just not as dramatic, so...), so it's gonna have to be me. If you split up MotW, then you have to split MotE. End of Story. What makes Men so much different from the other good factions is their balance of archers and soldiers. Where as Elves are the best archers and Dwarves are the best melee soldiers, MotW (and MotE, maybe, I don't know, haven't played them yet) are just average, but it's their diversity of units that make up for their "average"-ness. Because Rohan's infantry sucks, you use gondors infantry to give you a better edge in battle. And because Gondor's knights aren't all that up to par, you use Rohan's Rhohirrim to make up for it. If there is a split, it will totally ruin what S.E.E. has created. I simply love the ability to use all of Men in one faction. I do not want a split. I'm sorry I have to say this, but as much as I like RobN'Karla and what he has done, I do NOT want Nazgul presents: RJ-Special Extended Edition :wink_new:

While I may be a tiny bit biased, I agree 100% with Zach. Probably the main reason I play SEE at all now it to get Gondor and Rohan together and have them all march upon my enemy. Keep them the way they are, unique, and don't go down the path that pretty much every single bfme2 or rotwk take and add rohan seperately. Keep it unique!

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#47 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:13 PM

You forget one thing though. I couldn't care less about other mods :wink_new: Forgive me if that sounds blunt. I don't mean I don't respect them or don't like them - I just never play them, read about them or in any way get involved in or with them. Quite francly, I basically know nothing about other mods and I like to keep it that way to avoid discussions like "you stole my idea" or vice versa. There is only one other mod that interests me, and that is the RJ mod. Mostly cause Robnkarla is my close frind and we've helped eachother a lot during the years here, but there's enough of things to make our mods completely different anyways.

What other mods do or don't do will never affect SEE. I will always do what I tghink is best for this mod, regardless if 1 or 10 other mods have done the same thing or a similar thing. In this case, I guess this is a popular move because in the end it's kinda unavoidable ;)

Rohan grew on me, and I think we eventually have to make them into a faction of their own, to lessen the crowded and over populated feeling of the current Men faction...

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#48 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:18 PM

Maybe we can make them an entirely separate faction while keeping them as some kind of minifaction. Like you get to build one Rohan building when playing Gondor where you can build 2-3 Rohan units. Or we can add them to the tavern (not that I ever liked those).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

I will be OKAY with having them split up if it is possible to have minifactions for each one. Otherwise I will DESTROY YOU. Okay, that was harsh, let's take a step back Zach, breathe, breathe.....

Edited by zachdaddy_3000, 29 January 2009 - 10:39 PM.

Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:45 PM

lol :wink_new:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#51 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:38 AM

G'day to all

Sorry I just saw this thread today and thought I bettter vote :wink_new:

I voted for the split as the men of the west faction is crowded in my oppinion and getting the workers to jump back and forth from gondor to rohan all the time is a little annoying. I do like the idea of keeping one rohan building in the gondor faction ( stables maybe, but only able to build one kind of unit ) as it is nice to see them fight together ;)
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:27 AM

It be cool just to see Rohan with their own fortress. They would have to have the strongest calvary in the game. But heroes just think it be too few. It be cool though. I honestly don't use much of Rohan in my matches now anyhow.
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#53 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:05 AM

i think we need to add Theodred as a hero, if Boromir died at the beginning of the war of the ring and made it in, so should Theodred.

About the mini faction idea, why not use the beacon model, with a research that lights it, and from this beacon it allows units to be built from either faction.

#54 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:16 AM

Good thinking NJM :wink_new: Theodred is fine with me and the lighting of the beacon models would be a nice touch to allow a few gondor or rohan units to be made.

Wasn't their another hero for Rohan? Theodons right hand man. . . can't quite remember his name. I think he was a captain of the guard or something like that. :D ;)
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 zachdaddy_3000

zachdaddy_3000

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

• Project Team
  • 580 posts
  • Projects:Nazgul's BFMEII: Special Extended Edition

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:39 AM

Hama and Gamling, two heroes that every mod out there uses when THEY split MEN OF THE WEST :wink_new:
But no, no one's done Theodred yet I don't think.
Do not come between a Zach and his........Zach?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:45 AM

Hama, and Gamling. Hama gets chomped by a warg rider scout but Gamling is at the battle of the pelennor fields. Another facelss hero could be Grimbold, He is given instruction just before the rohirrim charge mordors army at minas tirith. I believe the line is:
"Grimbold take your company right after you pass the wall! Forth and fear no darkness!"

Could be wrong about the line but it sounds like that, The guy is wearing a helmet and you cant see his face
Posted Image
Heres a shot of the same actor and heres his face:
Posted Image

#57 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:46 AM

yeah that's them :wink_new: thanks zachdaddy ;)

add those three to the three we already have and that should do nicely :D

Edited by ttandchotmail, 30 January 2009 - 04:47 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:55 AM

Other hero ideas:

Elfhelm
Posted Image

Erkenbrand
Posted Image

#59 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:58 AM

Are they in the movies? I just don't recall seeing them. Background guys maybe :wink_new:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:15 AM

I think they might just be unamed people, Erkenbrand is on a decipher card same with Grimbold. Im not sure about Elfhelm. These heroes were ways to differ from most other mods as Zach puts it. But keep in mind that these names do come from lore and that would make us copiers of lore mods :wink_new:

Edited by njm1983, 30 January 2009 - 05:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users