Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 22 September 2008 - 01:29 PM

Finally, there's some version ;)

For me, the most important balance issue is still the initial veteran units.

I've removed initial veterancy of tanks. Isn't that enough?

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#22 Comrade Slavik

Comrade Slavik
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

How I backup file?

#23 HUNK

HUNK
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

the bombs of the Kirov did not damage buildings

#24 Y2K

Y2K
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:02 AM

the bombs of the Kirov did not damage buildings

this happens sometimes and the same thing happens to prism tanks 1 minute they do damage and the next they dont.
tech buildings also sometimes are invulnerable even without iron curtain.

#25 Moon Pine

Moon Pine

title available

• Project Team
  • 351 posts
  •  Zombie Summoner

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:02 AM

Yuri still lack of viable counter against Mirage Tanks before battlelab, this should be reconsidered.
Posted Image
Soon Moon`s Minions will overnumber the enemy!

#26 Comrade Slavik

Comrade Slavik
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:52 PM

How I back up file?

#27 haryuuga

haryuuga
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:04 AM

i found one bug : the allied spy can't infiltrate any enemy building..... why???

#28 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  Just someone uninportant

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:57 PM

known bug
will be fixed later on

#29 RedFoxxie

RedFoxxie
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:33 AM

- Not gonna help much cause I think this is tough to reproduce.. I put 2x Mobile Illusion's inside a Hover Transport. Then I accidentally clicked the Transport and both of them came out logically. I clicked then one of the Mobile Illusions and ordered it back inside the Transport. As I clicked the other one and was going to give it the order, I noticed that the Transport disappeared completely, along with the Mobile Illusion that just went in. Now I am thinking, maybe I accidentally ordered the Illusion to deploy as it was going inside the transport . . ? Anyways, probably quite tough to reproduce, I might try personally later. (EDIT: Yes, was able to reproduce this one when I slowed the game down and deplyed the Mobile Illusion as it was getting inside the Hover Transport. Result, both of them disappeared. Took a good 15 minutes though, on slowdown, so maybe it isn't that severe..)

- Dunno if this is a bug but my IFV's seem to have problems dropping down Kirovs. Mostly I have noticed this with GGI mode IFV's, sometimes it just seems the missiles do no damage to them at all, especially if I am trying to follow one and shoot it down. I noticed they seem to damage the Kirovs nearly always if I am directly under them or ahead of them with the IFV, but the further away I am behind them the more likely it seems to be that they just ignore the missiles completely. Feature or a bug ? I do understand maybe the missiles explode too early and won't make damage so it might be a feature.. I just never thought Kirov could be that good at dodging missiles x.x

- Sometimes the bot refuses to move his starting troops away and cannot build the structures correctly cause of that (No space). Haven't had this happen too many times, but it's quite lol when the bot refuses to do Ore Refinery for example even though there would be space if he moved couple of those tanks somewhere.. Solution of course has been to reduce the amount of starting troops.

- Dunno if it's normal or is it just my imagination but the Epsilon Adepts seem to hate autotargetting tanks.. <<'' Sometimes they do autotarget if the tank literally comes to their face but other times they just stand there looking dumb. Infantry they seem to target better. Same seem to be the case with Brutes, sometimes I've had couple of them in the middle of a bridge while tanks keep shooting them and they do absolutely nothing automatically. Taken Brutes are anti-tanks (EDIT: Typoed that at first) I was expecting them to attack them a bit more aggressively.. xD

- Sometimes Tesla Tanks refuse to shoot over walls. I thought they should be able to ?

- (EDIT: Added) I never noticed before, I think it's a feature but Virus gets cloak when elite. Was it like that before too or was it just missing from the update log ?

- (EDIT: Added) I know it's a feature not a bug, but is it in any way possible to tell the bot not to swarm with Kirovs at the exact second they build War Factory ? XD (Feature: Bot builds crap even without the right technology for it yet) Tough to get proper air defences up by that moment, possible, but tough cause it leaves usually the other defences lacking.

- (EDIT: Added) Also came to my mind today, nothing severe but.. Sometimes the bot seems to like building weird patterns with the walls.. Sometimes there can be next to a Nuclear Plant for example a 4x4 square full of wall pieces but the Nuclear Plant itself is NOT walled.. Maybe a miscalculation of sort ?

- (EDIT: Added) Is it normal that the Deviation Fist's anti-structure missiles aren't hitting the structure very well ? They're shooting like on a 5x5 area-of-effect randomly and doing very pansy damage. Just a novelty fact it can attack structures or is it supposed to be able to really damage them well ?

- (EDIT: Added) I forgot the map, 2 ppl town map that was short.. Alamo maybe ? Anyways. Noticed a weird behaviour by Normal AI Soviet Chinese yesterday night. The bot ordered his Conscripts to attack couple of empty buildings close to his base and destroyed them. I was actually surprised that it might even be a feature not mentioned anywhere that they would clear out buildings that are risk to them or where they need space but then I started to doubt when they kept doing that nearly to the middle of the map.. Weird. And only the starting Conscripts he got, no tanks or new units he build did it.

And sorry for no better details. I try to give out details if I can reproduce these and if I would know if some of these things like the autotargetting and crapass IFV's are features rather than bugs.

Edited by RedFoxxie, 25 September 2008 - 07:22 PM.

#30 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 03:22 AM

Assault doesn't work.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#31 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:40 AM

myself, how about downloading the damn assualt mappacks

#32 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:33 AM

I DID download the damn mappacks!

#33 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:57 PM

update your DAMN gamez P:

#34 Comrade Slavik

Comrade Slavik
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:40 PM

HOW I BACK UP FILE!?

#35 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 03:14 AM

update your DAMN gamez P:

I've got TFD, with everything pre-updated.

#36 LoofahBoy

LoofahBoy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:15 AM

Hi; first post here. Forgive me if it's in the wrong spot. Great mod BTW.

So the new mod fixed the Prism Tower issue. Good. But, I do have a question regarding the Black Eagles: That piddly little gun on it is useless when attacking air targets like Kirovs, Discs, and other Jets. Is this intentional?

If the Black Eagles should be the "elite fighter jets" then shouldn't they be able to take down a MiG one-on-one at least?

ALSO: For the skirmish map Meteoropolis, I found a glitch with the four frankensteined bridges on the map. (It seems you shoved two bridges together.) When you get around to damaging a bridge tile, the entire ROAD on the land tile becomes literally replaced with some other impassible glitchy tile. It's probably more of a problem with the map itself.

And THANK YOU for bringing back the allied dolphins!! That being said, I still wouldn't mind seeing the sonar pulse return; I found it really handy in skirmish.

And what the hell is the Espilon "Injection"? It doesn't do anything as far as I can tell...

And now that I've downloaded the new mod, I've had it crash on me twice in the last three hours so far...

So from what I understand, the old Kaamos platform has pretty much been taken up by the scavenger. But that new Kaamos... I could easily see that thing making the game unbalanced by zerging over water like the Robot Tank. But now the robot tank is gone, so there isn't a very effective counter to it...

#37 Abrams Tank

Abrams Tank

The Swordsman

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Projects:Life (even though it sucks now)
  •  nothing fancy

Posted 29 September 2008 - 05:51 PM

So the new mod fixed the Prism Tower issue. Good. But, I do have a question regarding the Black Eagles: That piddly little gun on it is useless when attacking air targets like Kirovs, Discs, and other Jets. Is this intentional?

It is part of the black eagle i thought it was used for infantry, but it seems i was wrong.

If the Black Eagles should be the "elite fighter jets" then shouldn't they be able to take down a MiG one-on-one at least?

probably, but i dont know, cause i haven't used them in a long time. :crazed:

ALSO: For the skirmish map Meteoropolis, I found a glitch with the four frankensteined bridges on the map. (It seems you shoved two bridges together.) When you get around to damaging a bridge tile, the entire ROAD on the land tile becomes literally replaced with some other impassible glitchy tile. It's probably more of a problem with the map itself.

don't know what to say

And THANK YOU for bringing back the allied dolphins!! That being said, I still wouldn't mind seeing the sonar pulse return; I found it really handy in skirmish.

well i suprised about that, killer whales have the echo pulse also, dont forget :p

And what the hell is the Espilon "Injection"? It doesn't do anything as far as I can tell...

it makes it so that your people, tanks, and defence structures attack a bit faster. :shiftee:

And now that I've downloaded the new mod, I've had it crash on me twice in the last three hours so far...

i dont know what is going on, try yuri's revenge clean up it helps.

So from what I understand, the old Kaamos platform has pretty much been taken up by the scavenger. But that new Kaamos... I could easily see that thing making the game unbalanced by zerging over water like the Robot Tank. But now the robot tank is gone, so there isn't a very effective counter to it...

airstrikes and infector tanks what did you suspect? :good:

Edited by Abrams Tank, 03 October 2008 - 10:21 PM.

REBEL_SOLDIER_LAUGHING.gif"you want to leave when!?"

#38 Comrade Slavik

Comrade Slavik
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:16 PM

What am I invisible here!?

#39 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

yes

since I have no idea how to do it eiter

but why backuping it?

#40 Comrade Slavik

Comrade Slavik
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:45 PM

Because In Soviet 2 when I destroy one of the demo trucks I get a serious error and thats what they told me to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users