MO 2.0 - Psi P2: bug report, feedback, and suggestions thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
376 replies to this topic

#41 RedFoxxie

RedFoxxie
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:06 AM

Most of these things I noticed while playing on a map "Elysian Fields" and "Tropical Groove"

- While moving Apocalypse tanks I noticed they sometimes start to crawl at veeeeeeeeery slow speed. First I noticed it on Elysian Fields while moving them over a bridge so I thought it might actually be a feature or something, after all Iron Dragons and Rhino's seemed to do the same over the bridges, but later I noticed a bot using Apocalypses on Tropical Groove and they moved abysmally slow during some parts with the Apocalypses.. Might be they go slowly on elevated terrain or something but I'm rather sure I saw them crawl slower than Kirov's do on an even terrain (Lower right) and the bot was using Iraq (Faster tanks). Weird.

- More of Elysian Fields, start point 2. I take 4 tanks (Rhinos), move them to the bridge just south of my base and order them to attack the bridge. Twice now one of my tanks has went over the sandbags, and got stuck on the shore for the rest of the game. While I actually just now tried to reproduce it I was unable to... But it has happened to me twice.

- I just now noticed when I got surprised by a Tank Drop.. Is it a feature that you won't see anymore the timer at the bottom left counting the time of Tank Drops, Parachutes etc ? Possible to make it maybe an option you can turn on or off ?

- This is weird and random, again on Elysian Fields.. I was gonna send a Repair Drone in the middle of my 3x3 Rhino Tank squad that had a hole in the middle, and the drone actually came about 6 cells north, on top of my Tesla Coil, damaging the Coil and getting itself destroyed on the impact.... What we learned from the story, send Drones on open fields, rofl.

- Scorpion Cell still lists Lasher Tanks as their elites on the loading screen, funky that they have on the list actually 4 elites now xD And yeah, just loading screen error, no gameplay effect.

- I maybe mentioned earlier.. The bots are total retards on Lost Colony. They often only go and capture one Supply, sometimes they ignore it altogether and just sit tight using their Credit Card for the whole battle. They also seemingly don't even try to recapture the Supplies, never seen them try destroy one either. Simple fixes would be to make them use engineers moar aggressively on Lost Colony, or have a better Visa to use for troops. Normal and Expert tested.

- Just a note.. Noticed you can garrison GGI's, Tesla Troops and Harpoons nowadays ? Nice one. Didn't read about it anywhere.

Edited by RedFoxxie, 07 October 2008 - 09:19 AM.

#42 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts
  •  Just someone uninportant

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:23 PM

hmmm
lost colony works fine for me

they are Agressive then at me xD

#43 Railgunner2160

Railgunner2160
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

Hi I joined the forum here to say i LOVE MO. However the Allied SPY Bug Is Ruining the Experience for me!! How soon untill the patch is out????

#44 Delverizer

Delverizer
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:08 AM

Hello!
Great work on the mod, downloaded it and played my first MO 2.0PSI skirmishes yesterday...
This is the first RA2/Yuri mod I've tried, and I really like the new and old units' improved look/feel (small infantry, yeah!)
as well as the extensive map pack.

The AI is brutal and single-minded in its micro-economy efficiency, but uses more unit combos than in the original (where it was very predictable).

Only drawback: I couldn't enjoy the campaign. It's absurdly fast on my Pentium M 1.6Ghz (first mission: Tanya swims like a hyperactive penguin and gets cut down by Gatling tanks in 0.5s).

I couldn't get the -SPEEDCONTROL function (that I used for RA2 and YR campaigns) to work as the MO launcher starts the game internally. I tried making .PIF files, shortcuts or starting it from the command line, but it seems that the MO 2.0Psi mod doesn't transfer command-line parameters to the gamemd.exe

Is there a way to set the default MO mod campaign speed a bit lower, like 3 or even 2. Maybe like the .INI control for the Skirmish?

And I also have the excruciatingly long load times (like another poster here whose name I can't find at the monment) - so I just kill the launcher and continue into the modded game...

I had no problems running the vanilla RA2/YR games in 1920x1200 on my ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 64Mb, WinXP SP2.

#45 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 01:30 PM

well, there is an option when going to options ingame or at start at skirmish which you can do to decrease from 6(my usual) to like 1

#46 Delverizer

Delverizer
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply, but the Skirmish speed control bar is just that - it doesn't even exist in the campaign mode, and the .INI settings also apply only to Single-player Skirmish games.

The only way to control the campaign speed in Yuri's Revenge 1.006 (and RA2) was to start the .EXE with a -SPEEDCONTROL parameter added (in the shortcut, for example) which created the Game speed slider for campaign missions.

The campaigns in MO 2.0psi being extra tough as they are, I really miss that control - being just a casual player who likes a more leisurely pace for the C&C microing mess vs the AI...

#47 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

the AI is supposed to be challenging so yeah

and I thought
if you were ingame in a mission
and you go to the options from there you could change speed and scroll rate aswell
or am I now being dumb? @.@

#48 ThaMoron

ThaMoron
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 11:28 PM

Just a small thing. In Soviet Mission "Red", there is a 'building", "Barrel Rack" that doesn't actually have a shp file for it. or whatever it is. It just doesn't show up. Being picky, I know, but just saying that this is a thing.

EDIT: And another small thing, in Allied Mission 2 "Curse", there are mercenary units without names.

Edited by ThaMoron, 13 October 2008 - 03:14 PM.

OGM!

#49 Comrade Slavik

Comrade Slavik
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:09 AM

I am still having all previously mentioned bugs (On my part) Plus in Epsilon 2 the oil derricks do not give you money and in fact i do believe I am losing some.

#50 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

you need to pay every 2 minutes automaticly some cash, thats all

#51 Delverizer

Delverizer
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:32 PM

the AI is supposed to be challenging so yeah

That it certainly is.
China Expert AI rushing me in Skirmish with 2-4 Kirovs before it even builds a Battle Lab is a bit too much in my opinion. If it gets all those resource/production bonuses etc, at least it could respect the Tech-tree progression. I could clearly see it popping Kirovs out of the War factory because I found a Map-Reveal crate. So it was sending MIGs to kill my Gatling tanks and Kirovs on my base before I even got the Cloning Vats, in spite of me having 2 refineries and 4-6 Ghost miners working round the clock.

It did have an airpad, though.

if you were ingame in a mission
and you go to the options from there you could change speed and scroll rate aswell
or am I now being dumb? @.@

No, it's just that that particular control slider exists only in skirmish games. In campaign games there is no speed slider unless you start the game with a -SPEEDCONTROL switch like "e:\Redalert2\Yuri.exe -SPEEDCONTROL" (not sure if it's Yuri.exe, gamemd.exe or what though, I keep it in a shortcut).
In short, if you do a clean install of RA2/YR and then add the Mental Omega mod - all campaign missions are locked at speed "FAST", no change possible.

Anyway, the problem solved itself. After I've had it with super-long loading times I tried to just start the game the old way - and it worked. I didn't know the mod overwrites and replaces game files, so instead of launching Yuri's revenge I got the Mental Omega mod, speed control and all.
It appears the mod launcher is just a mod unpacker/cleanup, but since I won't be playing vanilla RA2/YR I don't need to start it every time - just the main game exe.

I have so far made it through Allied m01 and got to the mop-up part of Allied 02 on speed 3.
I have also been overrun in Soviet m01, and a bit lost with all the new units on Epsilon 01 so I decided to Skirmish a bit more...
Are there any side-effects of not using the launcher?

As for my impressions of the mod, the uniqueness of the three sides is now a bit blurred - for example: everybody's got Air units, vs.air vs.ground and heavy defenses (gatling towers being anti-air only I found out the hard way)... no more psychic towers :-)
I don't think it's bad - it evens out the play field a bit in various situations, for example Epsilon turtle-bases are no longer such a nightmare. And the Tank Drop was just what the Soviets needed.
I like the veteran units for each Faction - makes the differences in their tactical aspects more pronounced than just having special units.
Chinese conscripts in a city map full of buildings - oh my...

#52 Railgunner2160

Railgunner2160
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

I've Noticed a glitch with the south korean Carrier... The carrier itself is vetran however the PLANES it lauches are NOT... Those are the ones that do the atcual damage... just thought i'd metion it!!!

#53 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:43 PM

still, each country got themselves their special uniqueness

epsilon is based on stealth

Soviet is pure armored power

Allied, mainly Air superiority and later High Tech power

#54 wcvechten

wcvechten

Procrastinator

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 05:08 PM

double post, YEAH

anyways

strange bug at me atleast

Crate war + tech level changes is Npatch error

dunno if this is so at you aswell

#55 ThaMoron

ThaMoron
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:13 PM

Sometimes vehicles are moving, then suddenly stop. Then move another square/tile. Then stop. Rinse and repeat. It makes things too slow. I'm not sure what causes it, but it seems to happen to all vehicles.

OGM!

#56 Comrade Slavik

Comrade Slavik
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:40 AM

K. But the oil derricks don't give you cash. And of course I hope you people are looking my previous contributions as well.

#57 Abrams Tank

Abrams Tank

The Swordsman

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Projects:Life (even though it sucks now)
  •  nothing fancy

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:18 AM

i found a few more bugs

1. can't build mobile war factory in soviet 6.

2. in allied mission 3 yuri has an airpad with starflares on them and will attack your barracks as soon as you leave your base. :mellow:

3. also in allied 3 when you get your seals to swim southeast and an alarm along with some wording that went "be careful while you are swimming you dont know what you will encounter" or something like that it said missing alarm ;)

4. chizkoi freezes up sometimes in skrmish.

Edited by Abrams Tank, 18 October 2008 - 04:19 AM.

REBEL_SOLDIER_LAUGHING.gif"you want to leave when!?"

#58 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

Well, you can't build Mobile War Factory in Soviet 6, becase you're not supposed to. Everything else fixed.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#59 RedFoxxie

RedFoxxie
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

Very big thanks for the bug fixes and listening to some of my listings *bows* I'll be testing the new version (I don't play story mode so can't help there) and will be telling in the future too if there is anything worth mentioning. Spies work now finally (Tested actually), big big thanks for that.

Edited by RedFoxxie, 18 October 2008 - 05:08 PM.

#60 LoofahBoy

LoofahBoy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:34 PM

Great update.

But there is still a problem with the Apocalypse tanks, in both skirmish and campaign.

After a while, they just become incredibly slow as to become useless. They just slow to a crawl. I think it happens after they've been in combat or went over ore. I think I might have seen the same thing for Masterminds, but I'm not sure.

I dont know how many times I've had to simply abandon an Apocalypse because it suddenly became so useless...

And on top of that, I noticed that the Apocalypse tanks wouldnt stop when they reach their destination in soviet mission 2. They bounce from tile to tile even when they reach their destination. It's wierd.

Edited by LoofahBoy, 18 October 2008 - 10:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users