• Please log in to reply
579 replies to this topic

#41 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

If you use Eds advice I remember in Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga that in the Droid Factory near the end of the level the Genosians came out through holes(caves) in the dune walls. You should use that as creeps in the level to add even more flavor (if you use this idea). Also where is the application (sign up) area(if there is one) to be a beta tester :p. I can test both BFME2 and ROTWK later next month.
Wait... what?

#42 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

That map looks strange... is rest of the ground totally flat, save for the spires?

#43 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars: TOTR/RJ-ROTWK/S.E.E.
  •  Modeller. Animator. Light Coding/Skinning

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:39 AM

Well I said I'd pop by and give you guys a progress report, Yoda's just about finishing his Geonosis map, I added alittle touches, just tweak the global light positions to make the game look alittle more desert like, I also added a fog and some map objects, it's beginning to look and feel more and more like Geonosis, all it needs now are Geonosians, which I will model sometime soon. Alot of work is going on in the background which isn't being shown for obvious reasons, been running through the LOTR.STR's and adding some display names and tool tips to the characters. I also added lightsaber sounds, now when Jedi attack the lightsabers hum & crackle as well as this I added in laser sounds, it really is starting to give off the Star Wars vibe now. On the visual side, I've done an animation for Yoda and Obi Wan concerning a Jedi leap/attack, i'm only going to show Yoda's one, they are both pretty similar except for some slight adjustments on Yodas part due to his gigantic head (had an arm run through it earlier during animation). So to show you all where we're at here's a little visual delight.

Yoda Model & Animation by Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I think that's it, if I get time I'll post the in game button images, wish I had a proper video capture device, would make this alot sweeter if I could demo the sounds and anims in more of an enjoyable medium

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 24 February 2009 - 02:20 PM.

Posted Image

#44 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

Woooowwww... this is just amazing.

Hosted, like, now. /valleygirl

:twisted:
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#45 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

are those anims for Yoda from scrach, and from a scratch skeleton?
If so, I'd suggest making the swing-saber effect right away :twisted:

To do it, add an extra bone right next to swordbone, and link it to the swordbone.. thus it will always follow the sword, but for the sword, link some of it to that new bone, half of it actually, so you can make the swing anims with an easy rotate thing in the anim ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#46 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

ya made it last night based on elronds skeleton, he's got a great anim which i knew was just perfect for Yoda, check it out it out, it's elronds anim called _CINB, he swings around and uses the sword... the Yoda anim took me about two hours of refining cos I did it using rotates instead of IK solvers, you cant do rotates very well with them. Will check out adding the saber fx too

Posted Image

#47 Dre@mer

Dre@mer

Maker of the Rise of Sauron mod

• Hosted
  • 475 posts
  • Projects:Rise of Sauron mod, RJ ROTWK
  •  Mapper, scripter, video maker.

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:59 PM

Fantastic

#48 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:35 PM

Thanks dude

Posted Image

#49 Lurtzy

Lurtzy

Forerunner

• Project Team
  • 1,169 posts
  • Projects:Returning to modding

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

Un.........believable

Trying to hold on...

#50 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

Starting to shape up quite nicely.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#51 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:46 PM

Good stuff, another visual treat for you guys today, here's my version of R2, modelled him about 2months ago long before embarking on this project. R2 was actually one of the first models ever, a half spere and a cylinder with a couple boxes for legs, long time ago now, I can safely say this version is much better. Tried to pack as much detail as i could while keeping the polys down so most of the detail is done with Dx9 shaders and normal maps.

Hopefull we can really get R2 utilised in the game, i feel he was very much under utilised in EAW, first I want to give R2 his little weapon, the stick that he electrocutes people with, he'll mainly be a repair robot, sent out to repair vehicles... I was also thinking of having him as sabotage unit, or if we could using some of wormtongues special powers have artoo take control of units(well gates) and hack into them to open them, in reality the gate would become temporarily yours.... it's an idea.

Posted Image

Oh and guys if any of you know how to code FX or would be willing to push me in the right direction it'd be really helpful.

And for chuckle :), here's what I based my skins on R2D2

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 24 February 2009 - 07:49 PM.

Posted Image

#52 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:59 PM

Oh my gosh that is amazing! Also that Yoda jumping animation is amazing!

drogoth232
Wait... what?

#53 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

This was actually my Geonosis inspiration, but they're close enough so it hardly matters :wink_new:

Nice stuff ed :)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#54 Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick
  • Project Team
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:56 AM

Looking good, guys. What are you going to do about buildings?
Posted Image

#55 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:19 AM

Idk yet....ed made the sample cloning facility, and we can do like bacta stations or repair shops, and then there's the core ship of course, but idk yet really :) Units first, then buildings.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#56 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:00 PM

I'll put in the clone facility, I'm not sure of keeping it as a clone facility due to the fact that it has the bacta tank so I may find another use for it... another thought I was going to employ would be to make surgical droids, moveable units that heal those around them and get rid of the healing properties that the banner carrier would add instead, this is Yodas idea replace the banner carrier with a weaker jedi which adds huge leadership bonuses to the clones, which to me makes perfect sense considering there were much fewer jedi than clones. Obviously the elite clones would probably be the 501st (cant remember if they are the same elite group from the clone wars cartoon) and Commander Cody who I'll put in without Helmets to make them more recognisable, I'll need research on this in order to list out the characters and how they look. Today I'll do the damage states of the cloning facility and update them tonight.

Here's a snapshot of the prelimenary work, I should have R2D2 ingame later tonight as well. Do we want R2 to be able to fly, I know I've outline what I want him to do but don't be afraid to list any ideas you have for any characters. Oh and I'm going to need someone to volunteer to go through the Star Wars videos and pick out key jedi fighting moves and styles, I'm more than likely going to incorporate the jedi all around one/two SKL
's so it'll make animation easier and I can chop and change the anims then depending on the character, for example currently I'm using elronds anims for Obi Wan, Yoda & Sidious but have tweaked them alittle between each in order to make them look different, for example Yoda has got about 2ice as many random fight sequences as Sidious and Obi Wan, and Obi Wans anims are limited even more so than Sidious. And for the everyday Jedi I thought it would be fun if after I'd made them that we put a random texture on and use the faces of the T3A/Revoras community members to put a bit of us back into the mo.

And good news, we have the expert attention of Shikari, who will be doing the 2d Art, I had done some prelimenary 2d art, here's a downloadable example. We've also managed to get the attention of Jeth Calark who will be doing coding for us also, with a team like this we should be power house soon enough. This along with Dreamers help creating atmosphere on our maps then we will manage to keep the quality I have in mind for this mod.

To explain the below, first of all Yodas buttons are in the following order, the hand is force push, the second is jedi leap (will be like gimlis leap but with a much larger radius of effect) & the last is an abandoned concept, one which I called "Darkside Rebuked" where Yoda would cleanse Darkside energy by using it on his foes, I understand in the movies he deflects and absorbs the energy but I want to add this in some capacity because it was just damn cool but Yoda_ wasn't buying it so I'm thinking we'll leave it out.

And the other buttons are the Sith variety of Recruit & Revive buttons, the main difference is that when they die they get the red revive button

Attached Thumbnails

• heroui_068.png

Attached Images

• HISidious.png
  • HISidious_RES.png

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 25 February 2009 - 01:23 PM.

Posted Image

#57 Dragonforce

Dragonforce
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

This is looking fantastic! Absolutely good work
Posted Image Dragonforce
Posted Image

#58 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts
  • Projects:MME, this and that
  •  Skinner, modeler, and coder

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

the last is an abandoned concept, one which I called "Darkside Rebuked" where Yoda would cleanse Darkside energy by using it on his foes, I understand in the movies he deflects and absorbs the energy but I want to add this in some capacity because it was just damn cool but Yoda_ wasn't buying it so I'm thinking we'll leave it out.

Why not just make this a passive power that makes Yoda immune to the effects of Dark Side Force powers? That would probably fit better with his actions in the movies. It would also make him the ultimate anti-Sith weapon. You'd have to make it a really high level power, of course.

Oh yes, and as a long-time Star Wars fan, I feel obligated to offer my help with skins, if you will accept it :good: . I'm also learning to model and to code FX, but I'm not very far along in either of those areas. Contact me via PM if you're interested.
Posted Image

#59 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

Excellent stuff, you've been officially pm'd my friend.

Posted Image

#60 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

Really good! I think its my computer, but the right side of Anakin's face is kind of messed up.

Edited by drogoth232, 25 February 2009 - 07:19 PM.

Wait... what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users