• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#141 Dant

Dant

title available

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

Well i never 1vs 1 with Brutal AI yet most of time is mediums or hard..i didn't play much for nowadays. :p
Posted Image

#142 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:41 AM

...Anyone want a challenge? 7 AI enemies. Allied. Brutal. With NO HANDICAP.
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#143 Guest_Higher Form_*

Guest_Higher Form_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

I can beat a Brutal 1v1 on this mod with not much difficulty at all, especially if I'm Gondor, Dwarves, Goblins or Mordor. 1v1v1 is slightly more interesting as you have to lead them into fighting each other while you build up an army and wipe 'em out. 2v1 is more of a challenge, and much more interesting. I don't like playing with handicaps because it's far too easy.
I'm still depressed at the constant flow of game.dat errors that have pretty much drained my enthusiasm for the mod, as well as the extra lag caused by the badass explosions and fancy skins and stuff.
Upgrading the AI to work decently on a fortress map (i.e. not ignoring all their walls and just attacking constantly with no pattern out the gate or, if they attack, charging the gate from the beginning no matter how good my defences and ignoring the rest of the walls) would be a nice addition.
They also seem to spam heroes quite decently but don't use any power that can't be set to autofire. They can't set up an ambush or retreat. I realise this is pretty serious codework but I think if possible, it would be worth it as I understand there is quite some difficulty in playing the mod online.
Mumakil are freakin' massive and way out of proportion, especially as they do tiny crush and don't make an impact when falling down. It looks ridiculous, them coming out of a mumakil pen 6 times smaller than they are.
Oliphants are rubbish and ugly, don't bother keeping them.
Witch King is too expensive and not powerful enough for Mordor's grand hero. I'd lower his price and have a much-weaker Sauron as their top hero, who can only use his first few powers until he has the Ring, making him triply strong.

#144 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:19 PM

I don't think you're playing the most recent version of the mod; there are no more oliphants :blink:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#145 MrBlack103

MrBlack103
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:05 AM

Hi. Just joined these forums.

Just wanted to say that, apart from the numerous bugs, this mod is THE way that BFME was meant to be. I especially love the scaled Minas Tirith. It's so... identical to the movie :lol:. The HP of the gate could be juiced up, though. I hate it how one troll can break in before you even have many archers :(. Everything else I LOVE about this mod. Keep it up, guys.

#146 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:43 AM

Yeah, the gate really needs a buff.

Welcome to the forums though! Glad you like it :lol:

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#147 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

I am part of the BETA testers team and it was nice to play this mod (while I could). But my primary concern, on both BFME II itself and RJ-RotWK, and for which I have always struggled to get attention, has always been the lack of uniqueness for each race. Every one of them has infantry, archers, pikemen, cavalry... in resume, what is unique about them? We can't even qualify the «god powers» as such, because they are shared with the other factions of the same alignment and the effects are overall the same. That leaves us the heroes, and little or nothing else.
It gets worse when there are repeated unit types inside the factions. A perfect example are the Goblins with their Goblin Pikemen and Half-Troll Marauders. If one exists, why have the other? Especially when considering it's not hard to get resources on RJ-RotWK. The difference of cost between these Goblin Pikemen and Half-Troll Marauders is 50 resources, like someone already pointed out in the first pages of this thread.
Another good example are the Elves. There is next to no difference between each elven sub-faction: all of them have the same types of units.
Not only the unit types can be looked at to make a faction unique, but the way resources are gained as well.
In conclusion: good-looking models and skins are a plus, no doubt. It seems, however, that while adding them, the gameplay was forgotten.
I honestly don't know how can all of the ten factions differ from each other, but we need to actually try.

That is my comment for the mod at the moment. Regardless of this problem, the work and efforts put on this mod deserve recognition. Compliments to robnkarla and the entire team.

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 27 July 2009 - 05:33 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#148 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:26 PM

Well, we're getting there. Rohan and Mordor and Gondor and Isengard all play very different for example, along with Elves and Arnor.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#149 CTLN7

CTLN7

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,210 posts
  • Projects:Rogue Republic

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:20 AM

but what happens with gob ,mote ,dwarves and angmar ? :)

#150 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

From my post I would think that would be self-evident.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#151 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:40 AM

Angmar is actually quite unique. Thrall Masters, Sorcerers, Dire Wolves, and Snow Trolls all are significantly different than their closest equivalents. However, I think Dark Numenoreans detract from Angmar's unique play style.

Burzolog needs a nerf. No hero, except something on par with the Witch-King, should be able to solo six Cave Trolls with trees and two using rocks.

Edited by Rafv Nin IV, 29 July 2009 - 04:40 AM.

Posted Image

#152 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:22 AM

Knockback :rolleyes: But yeah, I agree, he should either not knock back trolls, or have a chance of getting knocked down himself. He didn't really do that much damage to them, but the knockback killed you.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#153 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:10 PM

A new request:

No archer, no matter how elite, should be able to outrange a fort catapult expansion, with both the height bonus from being on a hill and also from being mounted. No archer's bombard should outrange a catapult's bombard. However, currently archers have more range than catapults and trebs, which makes no sense realistically.

Posted Image

#154 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

I agree with Rafv.

Also Burzolog or whoever the troll hero for Mordor is, should be removed. We already have the Witchking who does tons of damage with his mace (or whatever the hell you call it). The Witchking already acts like a much better Troll hero so I think that there's really no point in having a troll hero for Mordor.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#155 CTLN7

CTLN7

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,210 posts
  • Projects:Rogue Republic

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:50 PM

@rav :ok that might fix it ,how about that shitty sunflare ,i mean even the arrow bombard spell is better ,and whats with gondor and elven summon army ,you know the 25 spell its awful you cant compare that with balrog

#156 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

Well there is an easy solution for that CTLN7 actually, and that would be to give Gondor a Balrog :xd: .

Really though, let's not do the whole cookie-cutting thing with Ring powers...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#157 oblivionator

oblivionator
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

I agree that the Gondor and Elven army summons are a little weak compared to other tier 4, 25pp powers. They stay for 240 seconds, which is pretty long compared to most other summons, but I find most of the dunedain/elven allies are dead by then... At least they are for me :p. Perhaps they could both use a bit of a buff, like the summoned units coming fully upgraded and lvl 5, like King Dain's royal guard. Or, there could simply be more units summoned. And maybe Elladan, Elrohir, and those 2 other dudes (Rumil and Orophin?) could come at lvl 10. Maybe. If the buff is too big, then the lifetime of the summon could be reduced perhaps. Just a suggestion. :xd:
Posted Image

#158 Scryer

Scryer

title available

• Project Team
  • 565 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:55 AM

Gondor does have AOTD... But yes, I do agree that some of the units could come FU.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#159 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:37 PM

Oh, I remember the knockback on heroes being a major letdown for me. I was like «What the hell is this» when I download 1.06 and found my heroes were being killed, unable to deal a single point of damage.

EDIT: By the way, while Angmar was significantly different from the other factions, a few of its gameplay methods have already been copied. Isengard received the riderless Wargs by EA itself, and now Rohan has a Banner Carrier that is a version of the Thrall Master.
I would just like to see things more BFME1-like. Everything was so simple back then.

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 13 August 2009 - 05:43 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#160 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:41 PM

It just means they can't solo 50 trolls anymore :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users