163 replies to this topic

#161 Xingdao Fan

Xingdao Fan

look to the Evening Star!

• Project Team
  • 588 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK (BETA testing)

Posted 13 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

But in turn you can lose your hero to a troll, which is equally unfair considering the majority of them cost 1500 resources or more, while a troll doesn't even cost 1000, if my memory doesn't fail me.

EDIT: You may ask why I don't order some units to go save him. Well, that is a good idea, but against Brutal AIs, units simply swarm over you.

Edited by Xingdao Fan, 13 August 2009 - 05:48 PM.

xingdaofan-1.jpg

#162 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 13 August 2009 - 11:19 PM

Trolls and monsters in general are meant to be hero counters...two heroes can generally take down a troll though.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#163 Wanderer∞

Wanderer∞

title available

• Members
  • 273 posts
  •  Movie Critic

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:05 AM

unless you have two trolls each attacking one of those heroes...
course this could tur into a never ending cycle so back up those heroes with more units!!
Posted Image
How 'bout a magic trick?

"Never give up. Never surrender."
-Captain Jason Nesmith

#164 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

I love the beta. I especially love what you did with the Men of the East faction. I have to say though, in War of the Ring mode, I wish the new territories were filled in with a skirmish map that was either of the same name or with the closest thing to that territory (for example Thranduil's Halls being filled in with Caras Galadhon and not Near Harad).

Of course, I do love the new fortress maps as well. Kinda having trouble playing on the Caras Galadhon map though. Another thing about War of the Ring is that when I play as Men of the East or against Rohan I can never know my enemy at all, and I can never know myself without clicking on a Hero Army Leader. Knowing both yourself and your enemy is a vital strategy.

I love the power tree of Men of the East, and I would love to see them get their own fortress maps in the next beta (1.06.05 maybe?). My favorite part is the Corroded Land. Of all elements, I often viewed rust and decay as the least likely thing to associate with Haradrim & Easterlings. That's what makes Corroded Land so cool.

And that is my feedback.

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users