• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#41 DaEm0NuL

DaEm0NuL

Gameing my life to the end of it

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:26 PM

With that ideea MIG why did you ask for any ideeas ?? I think MIG's ideea should be approached

#42 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 22 March 2004 - 07:45 PM

I ask because:

1) My knowledge of battles in the pacific is very limited so I need ideas for the Japs
2) Gives the staff something to do
3) Gives the fans something to do :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 s2k

s2k
  • New Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:48 AM

im working on a timeline in the pacific for hte japanese, im really busy right now, but ill try posting it tom or wednesday

#44 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:10 PM

k thx :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 s2k

s2k
  • New Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:08 PM

ok my first thought with both campaigns is that each mission carries over. what i mean is say u dont complete an objective, u have to face it again in the next mission.

ok heres my idea for the japanese in the pacific.

the americans find out about pearl and mobilize the fleet. the japanese attack while the ships leave. Then they invade the phillipeans and have to capture MacAuther. Then the japs invade the south pacific, and capture guadalcanal, and fight the us fleet. They then attack midway, but defeat the pacific fleet, and capture midway. The americans strike back at guadalcanal and you have to defend the island. Then the americans attack at the marshall islands, and same as last mission. Japanese then launch largest possible invasion of Hawaii.
if successful, they then begin carrier ops off of US coast.
US tries to take back Hawaii with Ausi and British help.
Japan then invades Australia and captures it. then focuses on capturing either China or US (let you decide)

im out of ideas after that hopes this helps some. i tried ot take every major operation in teh beginning of the war up until japan lost hope of winning.

#46 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:47 AM

To think of alternate timelines for Japan it may be prudent to know the actual timeline in the pacific: http://www.historypl...ar/timeline.htm

Posted Image

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#47 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:37 AM

Ok then some random thoughts for Japan:

My alternate timeline starts on 18th December 1944. In a typhoon a large part of the support fleet for the landings in the Philippines is damaged. As a result the US landings of the Philippines is delayed.
http://www.odyssey.d...co.uk/cobra.htm

Given the opportunity Japan studies it's weeknesses and ensures its supply lines of oil by starting a convoy system (something they never did in WW2, making their merchand fleet an easy pick)

They also study captured US M4 Sherman Tanks and realize that a more powerfull tank is needed. Production is focussed on the Type 3 Chi-Nu and the Heavy Type 4 Chi-To

Japan realizes that even though these new designs may help against allied armor it needs more time to rebuild it's army. In order to get the time it needs, Japan decides to use the Bio-weapons tested in China.

Using aircraft launched from submarines Biological weapons are used against the US supply bases in Pearl Harbor and on the US west coast. Forest fires on the US west coast are also started by bombs from Submarine aircraft.

The US is forced to suspend it's offensive operations untill the quarantine is lifted and deployes a large part of the US pacific fleet in an area to protect the US coastline.

Using it's new armor the Japanese manage to bring down the last resistance in China. Japan installs a puppet government in China.

At this time (about may 1945) a german U-boat arrives in Japan with advanced German designs. Japan, as always intrigued by infantry uses designs to arm their infantry with Panzerschrek/Panzerfaust AT weapons.

Using these, combined with some of the new fighter designs Japan manages to repell the Soviet invasion of Manchuria Aug 8, 1945

The US faced with a situation of not being able to reach Japan with it's bombers signs a peace treaty with Japan. Allied POW are returned and Japan starts preparing for a campaigns against the USSR.

So any ideas? :lol:

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#48 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 24 March 2004 - 01:37 PM

Sounds all right to me, but I would like to see a time line were the Japs invade San Francisco, while the Germans invade New York :!: :idea: :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 02:35 PM

Sounds good Andre (Panzerfaust aside).

Jap AT:
http://mailer.fsu.ed...tankgrenade.jpg

Also, are the Axis timelines all going to be combined into one campaign? If so, Mig is right; Germany attacks East coast US, and Japan attacks West coast.

#50 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 24 March 2004 - 03:03 PM

I think it would be better & easier if the Axis timelines were combined

Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 05:12 PM

Kind of Hard to do since the Japanese and German campaigns were realy 2 seperate campaigns.

Also a Japanese invasion of the US would be faced with the US production superiority. Highly unlikely.

IMHO a Japanese victory would end with the invasion of Pearl Harbor and following peace talks. :oops:

Posted Image

#52 DaEm0NuL

DaEm0NuL

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 07:35 PM

Don't think so remember that germans deciede to send some bombers but finally they didn't maybe this should have an impact on the US production. A squadron of 300 bombers should resolve it

#53 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 08:27 PM

300 Bombers? lol i'm not even sure if the Germans could bring that many bombers in the sky during the Battle for Britain and that was a lot closer to home :oops:

Besides the mainstay of US production is further in-land so there's a large doubt if even the "America-bombers" could reach those factories.

If anything a go-between landing on Greenland and/or Iceland could be set up as an Invasion of the US.

Posted Image

#54 s2k

s2k
  • New Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:14 PM

i agree with you, the likely hood of bombers hitting the us industies, which were in the central part of the country, would be very small. first they would have to have bomber capable of reach that far from a base, and then make it that far without gettin shot down my overwhelming US fighters

#55 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:46 PM

The German plan was to invade the weaker South America (Brazil, Argentina) both were thinking of joining the Axis BTW) then work their way up. Also there were plans to invade Greenland like André said & use it to launch bomber attacks as well as A-9 rockets (long range V-2's)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 25 March 2004 - 11:55 PM

Well, I don't know if any of you know anything about the battle of britain, but we had hundreds of fake airfields and targets. Its now estimated that over 40% of axis bombs dropped were on decoys.

IMHO, A successful invasion of the US is far more plausible than Britain ever being conquered. It's a natural fortress. America's size means their forces would need to be spread thinly, a joint attack by Japan and Germany would quickly finish off the Americans I think.
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#57 s2k

s2k
  • New Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 02:45 AM

o thanks, so much confidence in the US

#58 8doczzz1

8doczzz1

Pessimist

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Projects:...are for noobs

Posted 26 March 2004 - 04:14 AM

;)
he's gotta be a brit, what do you expect. Not sure about the whole 'fortress' thing, seeing as how britain got the crap bombed out of it, and was indeed almost invaded. (wouldn't have worked, I know, etc etc)

seriously though, neither japan nor germany really had the capability to even approach the US with a sizeable land force, much less a conquering one. Invasion plans for Brazil etc. look nice on paper, but I'll bet the one to invade england did too. Then again, seeing as how we are in the Alternate Timeline section...

First you have to destroy the US fleet. (Perhaps Pearl Harbor was way worse, and Midway was a Japanese victory.) This is only a temporary setback however... The real problem is industry, which would have to be silenced before any attempt at an actual attack is made. (Without factories, the US is down to just superior numbers)

Germany has its forces wasted across most of Europe, so Japan would probably be the driving force in any attack...

#59 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 11:33 AM

I have to point out that Britain has been successfully invaded many times...

The Norse
The Saxons
The Romans
The Normans
etc

If the reasoning for the UK being a 'natural fortress' is that it is an island, remember that as far as invasions from Europe go, America is a much bigger island, with more ppl, and a lot further away. Thus by that reasoning alone, America would much harder to invade successfully.

Also, Britain came quite close to an invasion on several occasions by Nazi forces.

Conquring of Brazil is a lot more feasble though, in much the same way that the Japanese had so much success in China. Even if the invading forces were relatively modest, their army/equipment/training/command was so superior to their enemies' that nothing could have stood in their way.

#60 DaEm0NuL

DaEm0NuL

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 06:28 PM

Major is right over there if we think Russia shouldn't have any problem invadeing hime
BTW : You are the BEST Major_Gilbear, i wish you a LOT, and i mean LOT of luck, health and all you want. The best for me is for you too. ;)
Keep UP the GOOD work .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users