• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#101 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:02 PM

with moria heroes like azog, bolg, and golfimbul, let's just say that they are war of the ring orcs that are named after their historical counterparts. same with wulf.

adamin made a nice model for a goblin hero in the edain mod. it has fire-drake based armor, so it looks cool. could be used for golfimbul perhaps, or maybe bolg, and then golfimbul gets the current bolg model.

Edited by khamulrulz, 06 November 2009 - 04:41 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#102 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:29 AM

Or we could simply accept the fact that when doing movies, PJ can bend the "rules" (the lore) just as EA can in their games, and thus we too, when modding :thumbsupsmiley:
You can imagine anything you want off course, but there's always gonna be heroes or units in this mod that are not 100% true to the lore. Like the Noldor for instance. At this time I doubt they'd be enough in numbers to muster any troops for war. But - I wanted them in the game, so they're there. There are many examples... Smaug being the biggest perhaps. But instead of making up names I want to use familiar ones, and therefore we're going to make a few adjustments, which means some of the units and heroes might contradict the lore...

I have a model for Golfimbul already, and the other Moria heroes are done. He's going in next, and I might also add Gorbag as a "freelancer" from Mordor, since Moria are kinda short on heroes =p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#103 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:58 PM

i know you like the fire drake at the treasure trove, but i would really like it if it was a fortress hero instead (relieves your hero problem as well). then they have azog, bolg, great goblin, golfimbul, shelob, drake, zaghur (cave troll), as well as drogoth from the dragon's nest. 7+1 heroes isn't bad, especially as they only got 3+1 in the original game.

Edited by khamulrulz, 06 November 2009 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#104 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:01 PM

That won't happen - ever, sorry. I h-a-t-e the damn Drakes simply cause they fuck everything up on the battle field. They set your own troops on fire, so I never use them, and I hate it when the AI use them =p Also, they leave extremely ugly FX on the ground (those big square symmetrical chunks of burnt ground). They're useless... but, I like the model, so they'll stay as Creep units, and guardians of the Treasure Trove.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#105 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 02:12 AM

strangely, i never have that problem with the inferno scorching... i would like the fire drake to be a hero, because i find them very useful, but you are the boss, and we can just agree to disagree here. instead of adding in gorbag, who was a morgul-rat through and through (he was also an uruk in the books), i think that rogash from rotwk could fit in this faction, and he already has palantir and button art, as well as audio. he may need a reskin though, and edain mod have a great skin for him. here is the moria hero roster then, with possible powers:

Golfimbul - Recruit the leader of the goblins of Mount Gram
-Lvl 2 - Steal resources
-Lvl 4 - Poison Blade (passive)
-Lvl 6 - Battle Frenzy, increases Golfimbul's attack speed and movement speed
-Lvl 8 - White Wolves, summons wolf pack from rotwk

Bolg - Recruit the bloodthirsty son of Azog
-Lvl 1 - Mount warg (after all, it was him who rode a warg in the battle of the five armies, not azog)
-Lvl 3 - Summon cave bats
-Lvl 5 - Untamed Allegiance
-Lvl 7 - Poison Mist
-Lvl 10 - Summon Guard (scaled-down and reskinned half-troll swordsmen and marauders - marauders are already done)

Azog - Recruit the Goblin King of Moria
-Lvl 2 - Skull Totem
-Lvl 4 - Crack the Whip, increases experience of selected troops
-Lvl 6 - Leadership
-Lvl 8 - Execution, basically cripple strike with lots of damage to enemy hero
-Lvl 10 - Call from the Deep

Great Goblin - Recruit the cruel lord of Goblintown in the High Pass
-Lvl 2 - Brigandage, troops near him gain resources per kill
-Lvl 4 - Front Porch, creates tunnel that connects to tunnel network
-Lvl 7 - Great Battle Rage, huge boost to damage and armor
-Lvl 10 - Summon Cave trolls

Shelob - Recruit the spider who guards the pass of Cirith Ungol
-Lvl 2 - Instill Terror
-Lvl 4 - Spider Brood
-Lvl 6 - Cocoon Hero
-Lvl 8 - Poison Stinger
-Lvl 10 - Tunnel

Zaghur - Recruit this mighty cave troll of Moria
-Lvl 1 - Chain/Rock toggle
-Lvl 3 - Spear Attack, good against heroes
-Lvl 5 - Howl
-Lvl 7 - Cause Fear (passive)

Rogash - Recruit this savage troll of the North
-Lvl 2 - Dominate Troll
-Lvl 5 - Leap
-Lvl 8 - Rage of the North

Fire Drake - Recruit a flightless dragon of the Withered Heath (from fortress)
-R.I.P. hope you enjoy the treasure trove (hopefully you can return to the fortress one day)

Balrog - Req Balrog Monument
-still has pwnage powers

There. I tried to give them unique powers that reflected their characters in the lore. If you want, i could come up with other powers for heroes that don't have them yet, like the rhun/harad heroes, and the new rohan and gondor heroes in 4.8. most of those powers already have fx, i think. the goblin heroes now have a unique identity of not having particularly strong attacks (except for shelob, zaghur, rogash, and great goblin), but have strong powers that support troops and summon creatures

Edited by khamulrulz, 14 November 2009 - 02:29 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#106 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

Good ideas for powers... thanks =p

- Rogash, hate him too. Might use voice for Mollock though.
- Fire Drake CAN be controlled on the battle field, if the Trove is destroyed :blink:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#107 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

I think one troll hero is enough for Moria, and personally Rogash can go to hang really, he's far too goofy to be at level with SEE.

But otherwise very very excelent hero ability suggestions!! :blink: Still, it would be nice knowing who was who, in terms of early, mid and late-game heroes. Also there seem to be a lot of starting abilities at level 2.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#108 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 11:16 AM

i put them in their early-mid-late game order, and i think only toggles and mounts should really be level 1 powers... that's why abilities start at level 2 for most of them.

naz, i'm also curious as to what the poison mist for bolg actually does...i'll take your word that it's cool though

Edited by khamulrulz, 07 November 2009 - 11:19 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#109 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 07 November 2009 - 03:37 PM

It's exacty what it sounds like :blink: a poff and a mist that poisons people, like a gas cloud. Green-ish =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#110 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:10 AM

I do not want Azog to have a warg to mount. He was a goblin king, and should get some abilities like that. He had a lot of goblins to serve him. he should be one of the strongest heroes of the goblins, as he killed 2 dwarves, very important dwarves to be exact. He should summon a huge amount of goblins to himself, and should do good damage to heroes. I have seen a mod that had made a goblin hero(Bolg) mount a troll. The mod is the battle for Numenor mod.

I think a cool thing for a goblin hero (whichever one you choose) should have a troll slave. Probably Azog or Bolg (more towards Bolg). I hope the whip for the troll hero isn't going to be hard :).

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#111 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 06:45 AM

that's why i gave azog the execution power, as he did exactly that during the war of dwarves and orcs. and bolg did mount a warg in the hobbit, which is why he has that power. i tried to make my powers as realistic as possible to the lore and movies, and unfortunately, mounting a troll isn't realistic.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#112 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:22 AM

Azog was described as a very large orc (possibly an Uruk and/or Hobgoblin, even) maybe even with heavy armor. I picture him more like EA's half trolls, but smaller.
Greetings, community.

#113 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:02 AM

Woah, that would be cool! If Bolg could mount the Cave Troll hero like Pippin and Merry mount Treebeard...
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#114 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

well, this mod tries to keep it realistic to the movies and lore. that's why azog has his execute power (he executed thror and nain), and bolg rides a warg (he did so in the hobbit). goblins riding cave trolls just doesnt fit.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#115 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

Good idea adding Alatar the Blue as Rhun's Ring Hero! :xd:

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#116 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:30 PM

well, this mod tries to keep it realistic to the movies and lore. that's why azog has his execute power (he executed thror and nain), and bolg rides a warg (he did so in the hobbit). goblins riding cave trolls just doesnt fit.

Those are your suggestions, and not something we've said we have put in or are about to put in :xd:
Hero powers are not being worked on a all at the moment...

Edited by Nazgûl, 11 November 2009 - 04:30 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#117 isledebananas

isledebananas
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

Since Elves have a lot of heroes maybe some of them like Elrond and Galadriel should be turned into summonable heroes. Galadriel especially who really wasn't a person to be out there on the front lines. She is described as helping to have taken down the walls of Dol Guldur so maybe by making her summonable instead she will be used more strategically and can be geared more towards siege situations. They would have a timer much like the Balrog and have really strong auras as they are the leaders of Rivendell and Lorien respectively to make them effective for the amount of time they are on the battlefield. Their main siege weapons are the ents who while strong are slow, expensive, and take long to train and are also very susceptible to fire which by the time they are available the enemy should have enough archers with fire arrows. But with Galadriel there they would have other options but isn't some uber powerful hero they can throw around at any time. This would force elves to play with her more strategically.

Personally I would like to see Elladan and Elrohir even though they don't really make much of an appearance in the movies besides sitting on either side of Elrond. Though in the books they were quite active.

#118 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:37 PM

Elladan and Elrohir don't appear in the movies at all. I would rather keep Elrond as a normal hero... If you wanna get rid of another hero slot, then I'd suggest making Celeborn a slave of Galadreil. That way, you wouldn't have to go to the hassle of designing unique powers for him.
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#119 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

I more or less to disagree with making both Elrond and Galadriel summon heroes, but I do see where yo're coming from, and your logic does make sense. But I do agree that Elladan and Elrohir could be included as heroes for the Elves for the fact that they were very active during the war. But Nazgul's current plan for the Elven heroes is that they won't be adding any more heroes, for the Elves do have a lot
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#120 Prince of the Dark Forest

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

Then maybe as a hero-horde summon. Arwen/Elrond could summon them. If Elrond gets the summon, then one of his powers could be moved to Celeborn. There are a variety of options for this. You could even make them part of the Dunadain summon for Men (as they arrived with the Dunedain to the Battle of Pellenor Fields in the book).

I know Nazgul doesn't like too many summons (especailly hero summons), but it is one way of including characters from the lore without making them as important/used as regular heroes.

Edited by Prince of the Dark Forest, 11 November 2009 - 06:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users