• Please log in to reply
294 replies to this topic

#61 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:07 AM

I'm gonna be honest...I really didn't find hard Minas Tirith to be that difficult. Hard Helms Deep is way harder.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#62 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:16 AM

Really? I found it other way around. I can sleep through hard Helm's, but Minas, dear god. Maybe because I try to have realistic armies, made up mostly of basic soldiers and archers rather than mass rangers and fountain guards.
Oh, and I don't buy fire arrows :D

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#63 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:07 AM

You don't... buy fire arrows...? ;)

Well, that would be whyyy... Legolas can curbstomp everyone for you in ranged combat at Helm's Deep, but in Minas all you have is Faramir, who's slow, and Pippin, who CAN'T HIT A DAMN THING WITH HIS BLOODY ROCKS* AND DOESN'T DO ANY DAMAGE WHEN HE DOES**.

*I don't like hobbit aiming skills to be worse than siege weapons. Especially when throwing directly down from a wall. This should be changed. :p
**Hobbit rocks being weak is right and proper. But 3-4 hits for a normal Mordor orc? :D
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#64 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:14 AM

It wouldn't be so bad if all the orcs weren't on level 7, thereby being almost as strong as a FU level 3-4 gondor soldier :D

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#65 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:07 AM

To be honest, i didn't think hard Minas Tirith was that impossible. It took me a try or two, but eventually i managed to survive with most of my upgraded army.

Though i haven't played the campaign since the trebuchet accuracy has been nerfed :D

Posted Image Posted Image

#66 SoulFox

SoulFox
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

Apologive for I nag you about new units and hero.
Apologive!!! :D
Now I understand you mener no new units and hero.
But shall all change skins units and hero and building exemple orc or troll or color white and silver in Gondor faction?
But The 3rd Ages hear not called "Skins for building"
I found from http://3.bp.blogspot..._Structures.jpg from unkown mods.
If you interest can do will.

#67 jedi7000nathan

jedi7000nathan
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

can Legolas in the Campaign be able to have his elven armor because having a non upgraded Legolas through the campaign is annoying also how would one do this

#68 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

If we're talking about campaign changes now, then I agree that there should be more goblins in Moria, or, really, the Moria mission should be made harder. Even on hard mode, its still insanely easy. The Balrog fight. especially since it's the only 'proper' boss fight in the game, should be much harder to win. I'm not sure if this is possible, though I've suggested it before, but it shouldn't be required to keep Gandalf alive in Moria. If it could be done, I'd say make the Balrog fight a lot harder and make saving Gandalf a bonus mission like saving Boromir at Amon Hen. If you can kill the Balrog, Gandalf continues through the campaign as normal, possibly becoming Gandalf the White when he joins Eomer's army instead of right after Moria. However, if Gandalf dies in the Balrog fight, the game goes to a cutscene of Gandalf doing his thing on the bridge, falling, and then not reappearing until he joins Eomer's army. If this is possible, I'd say do likewise for Boromir at Amon Hen. Make it much harder to kill Lurtz, and if Boromir dies, he's gone for good.

Edit: If we're following the movies for the bulk of the campaign, Frodo and Sam should stay in Faramir's army until Osgiliath. Not really that important though.

I'll have to see how easy this would be to implement. If it's not too much of a pain, I'll try. :D

and possibly increase the size of Ents in 1/3% ?

I think there current size is rather reasonable.

first i suggest that Ugluk should be added to Lurtz's company in the evil campaign, secondly Grishnakh should be made and added as well also he should replace the EA's random Mordor Orc in the Good eves of Fangorn mission, third give Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin the abillity to ride ponies, fourth Aragorn should be able to switch from sword to bow, fifth the Royal guard in Rohan are too hard to get with the population limit, sixth the elves from the Mirkwood level should join the players army because since we aren't talking logical with Dol Guldor being fought before the Black Gate, seventh Damrod, Mablung and Madril should be added to Faramir's army, eighth Faramir and Boromir should get an armor upgrade like Merry and Pippin, ninth Shagrat and Gorbag should be added to Mordor's army from Cirith Ungul, Tenth Beregond and Prince Imrahil with knights of Dol Amroth should be in Minas Tirith, eleventh the Mouth of Sauron should be a Mordor army hero from Harad onward, twelvth Erkenbrand and Grimbold should be riding with Eomer's company from Westfold onward, lastly Elfhelm should be with Theoden in Helm's Deep, another suggestion Rohan should get the Ents from Isengard, and Sauron should be in the last mission of the Evil Campaign

Much of this strays from what we plan to do with this mod (can be found here).

Edit: Bug: The dismounted royal guards have no fire-arrow FX.

Royal Guards dismount?

AI in the maps do not develop, such as Helm's Deep, Isengard, Edoras, possibly fix this? ;)

Fortress skirmish maps require unique AI to be made just for that map in order to have functioning computer players. It's not nearly worth the effort.

Aye, it would require a lot of work. It could be done, but I don't know if I want to do this much work. :p

the majority of the problem is that the mordor units upgrade for no good reason, the siege towers are fricking impossible to destroy and also the defenders command points are not enough, also there is an error that some units ie those you make contact with in the levels vanish the next mission you use the army in, i have personally obtained three units of Gondorian knights from Eyrn Arnan and they disiapper the next mission, also Merry needs a pony to keep up with the Rohirrim because having him on foot slows him down and doesn't get him to the battle before it ends, also the hobbits are too easy for mordor and isengard forces to kill, Merry and Pippin's armor upgrades need to boost defense otherwise it doesnt make sense to have them except for cosmetic purposes and for indicating which faction they are heros for also the evil campaign needs some more work. Ps I am ill so if anyone has problams with my haste i am sorry and i am not demanding i am stating facts

1. MT was designed to be difficult. I probably won't make it easier unless there is an overwhelming consensus.
2. I'll see what I can do about units transferring over to the next mission but there are no guarantees.
3. Merry will not get a pony.
4. Merry's and Pippin's armor upgrades do boost defense. They are not designed to be killing machines. :)
5. The evil campaign will be modified a bit in some missions. Right now, it's rather similar to the vanilla campaign.

Apologive for I nag you about new units and hero.
Apologive!!! ;)
Now I understand you mener no new units and hero.
But shall all change skins units and hero and building exemple orc or troll or color white and silver in Gondor faction?
But The 3rd Ages hear not called "Skins for building"
I found from http://3.bp.blogspot..._Structures.jpg from unkown mods.
If you interest can do will.

No, I never heard of the "Skins for Building" mod before. The skins in the image do appear to be of a much higher resolution than the ones in-game.

can Legolas in the Campaign be able to have his elven armor because having a non upgraded Legolas through the campaign is annoying also how would one do this

We could give Legolas the armor upgrade for the campaign if people want it.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#69 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

I don't think the armor upgrade is needed, as he never had that armor during the course of the war.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#70 jedi7000nathan

jedi7000nathan
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:09 PM

i think he needs it, in Helm's Deep if the deeping wall is blown up by orcs, legolas goes flying and gets butchered by the uruks, also it makes sense to have in minas tirith and the black gate where one can get butchered by the onslaught

#71 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

The dismounted Royal Guards that you buy from the barracks? And now that you mention it, what happened to Legolas's summon ability? I don't see it in his campaign command set. Also, I see no reason why not to give him his armor upgrade. Celeglin put it in the campaign for a reason. Why should we take it out?

KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#72 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 08 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Cel didn't put it in the campaign. Either one.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#73 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

The dismounted Royal Guards that you buy from the barracks?

Oh... you mean the Royal Guard infantry. When you said dismounted, I thought you were referring to a cavalry unit.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#74 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:06 AM

Cel didn't put it in the campaign. Either one.

Ah, you're right. My memory of Legolas's armor upgrade at Helms Deep was from playing on the skirmish map.

Edited by Yarrum, 09 January 2011 - 05:07 AM.

KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#75 SoulFox

SoulFox
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

Thank Rob38! For you tell me now i know! :p
I sure Nertea can LOT do skins builde. He tell me. :sleep:
Lucky to release Versinon 1.3 to Versinon 100.0 LOL! :lol:

Edited by SoulFox, 10 January 2011 - 05:59 PM.

#76 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:16 PM

Doesn't matter if we can get skins :sleep: Robs only suppose to be balancing and fixing bugs and improving simple things like adding more goblins to moria.

safsignature.png

#77 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

Hey could I make a small request? ;) If you could please add back garrisoning in outpost citadels?

safsignature.png

#78 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 January 2011 - 05:46 AM

I wouldn't mind this too, though it would mean editing the Elven outpost model to include a door.

Posted Image Posted Image

#79 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

You do?? Don't you just have to add a piece of code to the Object then to the commandset?

safsignature.png

#80 Ganon

Ganon

What's this?

• Project Team
  • 967 posts
  • Projects:My Link Mod
  •  Code Scientist

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:57 PM

Well, you wouldn't want them to just walk through the side of the structure. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users