Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

The Elven base defense still doesn't seem to want to fire over their walls. This is kind of a bother.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#82 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:11 PM

Well, you wouldn't want them to just walk through the side of the structure. ;)

All the other outpost citadels are like that? They just walk into it :)

safsignature.png

#83 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

As Ganon said, i meant cosmetically. And i'm fairly certain they do all have doors in the 1.03 patch. Each outpost was given a garrison (and a door for appearances), and the Mordor tusks outpost was replaced with the black tower model (for obvious reasons).

TEA currently uses the pre-1.03 ouposts, and i'm not sure why they were never included. Either way, i don't think it should require any extra coding to add them back in, as they're part of the game by default. You'll just have to remove whatever's in the mod that's excluding them from the game.

Posted Image Posted Image

#84 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:48 AM

The mod is an original 1.02 conversion isn't it? That could be a reason.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#85 Guest_Thatguyatthatplace_*

Guest_Thatguyatthatplace_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:19 AM

For the campaign could you make it more difficult at the fortress maps? Through adding more enemy troops I mean, I played normal and the number of enemy troops is rather small compared to the amount of troops you can get now. I was able to hold out on the deeping wall until I triggered an unseen mine being as I focused on the ladders and berserkers. And Minas Tirith is rather easy as the enemy is never close enough to the siege towers to even get on the walls. Other than that, I LOVE this mod. The increased cap allows one to be able to, in campaign, actually defend one's base and fight at the same time.

#86 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:22 AM

Stop playing normal.

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#87 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:50 AM

Or go for more realism and try it without fire arrows.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#88 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

Or even better no Forge Blades, Fire Arrows, and heavy armor even though heavy armor is pretty realistic but not really in LotR :p

safsignature.png

#89 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Well, you need those, cause otherwise the orcs are far stronger than your soldiers, which is not realistic :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#90 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

So, this is about the AI, I come to say it should be toned down in early game alot, cause right now I will maybe have a combo horde or 2 while they already have a fully upgraded army and heroes surrounding my base. There is no way to stop them from killing you. Also its almost impossible to play with Isengard,Elves, or Mordor with more than 2 players because they will over run you will upgrade units way to fast. The Rohan AI cheats way to much, in the first five minutes of the game they can make a ent moot and have an upgraded army ready to burst in once they throw down your walls. Mordor just kills its it almost instantly gets nazguls and a huge armies of orcs and haradrim all within the 5 minutes of gameplay. Yes I have beat the Hard AIs before but there well all with only walled in factions and not letting them get ents moots by hiding my hobbit or letting them make farms instead of ent moots. I have beat most of the Hard AIs with Isengard and Mordor but it proves to be a challenge especially when Rohan can make ent moots and rush you with upgraded calvary. Now I know what most of you are gonna say, switch down to medium if you can't handle hard. Well its not that I can't handle it, its the fact that they get way to much money in the beginning that it doesn't even give me time to make a small army that could defend the attack. I will later upload a video if possible or pictures to demonstrate.

safsignature.png

#91 Guest_Guest_vladimir_*_*

Guest_Guest_vladimir_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:51 AM

Another idee.Why don't you make the Royal Guard of Rohan Mounted avaible at stable.I mean you can put a limited number of Royal Guard.Or you can add from the start at HELM'S DEEP Map 2 batallions of Royal Guard Mounted, because in movie when Theoden came outside of the Deep He came with 3 or 4 or 5 Royal Guard mounted

#92 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:19 PM

The Elven base defense still doesn't seem to want to fire over their walls. This is kind of a bother.

Hmmm... I'll look into it further. Just to clarify, you are referring to the Elven Flets that are built around the castle, correct?

As Ganon said, i meant cosmetically. And i'm fairly certain they do all have doors in the 1.03 patch. Each outpost was given a garrison (and a door for appearances), and the Mordor tusks outpost was replaced with the black tower model (for obvious reasons).

TEA currently uses the pre-1.03 ouposts, and i'm not sure why they were never included. Either way, i don't think it should require any extra coding to add them back in, as they're part of the game by default. You'll just have to remove whatever's in the mod that's excluding them from the game.

I will look into it. :p

So, this is about the AI, I come to say it should be toned down in early game alot, cause right now I will maybe have a combo horde or 2 while they already have a fully upgraded army and heroes surrounding my base. There is no way to stop them from killing you. Also its almost impossible to play with Isengard,Elves, or Mordor with more than 2 players because they will over run you will upgrade units way to fast. The Rohan AI cheats way to much, in the first five minutes of the game they can make a ent moot and have an upgraded army ready to burst in once they throw down your walls. Mordor just kills its it almost instantly gets nazguls and a huge armies of orcs and haradrim all within the 5 minutes of gameplay. Yes I have beat the Hard AIs before but there well all with only walled in factions and not letting them get ents moots by hiding my hobbit or letting them make farms instead of ent moots. I have beat most of the Hard AIs with Isengard and Mordor but it proves to be a challenge especially when Rohan can make ent moots and rush you with upgraded calvary. Now I know what most of you are gonna say, switch down to medium if you can't handle hard. Well its not that I can't handle it, its the fact that they get way to much money in the beginning that it doesn't even give me time to make a small army that could defend the attack. I will later upload a video if possible or pictures to demonstrate.

Thank you for the feedback. I do think I will follow the above recommendations and make the Hard AI more balanced at the beginning. :p

Another idee.Why don't you make the Royal Guard of Rohan Mounted avaible at stable.I mean you can put a limited number of Royal Guard.Or you can add from the start at HELM'S DEEP Map 2 batallions of Royal Guard Mounted, because in movie when Theoden came outside of the Deep He came with 3 or 4 or 5 Royal Guard mounted

This sounds reasonable. It shall be done.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#93 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

I don't agree with making them buildable, but putting them in helm's deep instead if the random rohirrim is fine.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#94 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Yeah, they can be another unit like Haldir's elves: you can't recruit them, but you're given some automatically. Maybe Eomer's army should start out with some too instead of generic Rohirrim? This way, you get 2 battalions during your first skirmish (maybe cut the other two generic Rohirrim?), and 2 more for Helm's Deep, so a careful player could maintain four battalions.

Or just screw all that and give Eomer four to start and Theoden four more :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#95 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:20 PM

I agree with replacing them at Helms Deep but not with Eomer that would just make the campaign easier than it already is. Besides in the movie Eomer only had Rohirrim or atleast I couldn't see any Royal Guards with him.

safsignature.png

#96 Yarrum

Yarrum

Kahuna

• Project Team
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:57 AM

Eomer probably wouldn't have had any Royal Guards with him since his initial company was made up of exiles and a few soldiers (in the movies), where as all the Royal Guards would have stayed with the king in Edoras. I'd say just replace the starting Rohirrim battalion at Helms Deep with Royal Guards and be done with the issue.

KotW%20Left%20Morgul%20Banner.jpg
KotW Beta Tester
frodo_sam.jpg

#97 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:17 AM

Nooooo, you need two of them. Otherwise how will my army be symmetrical? *sad face*
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#98 Spartan184

Spartan184

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:20 AM

I would say 2 and leave it at that for Helms Deep. Rob is there anyway you can make the normal campaign levels harder? If you can could you please even though we are already asking for to much :)

safsignature.png

#99 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:54 AM

+1 for not having buildable Royal Mounted Guards. Both Hama and Theoden have Royal Guard summons, there's not really any need to make them an additional buildable cavalry unit.

2 battalions at the start of Helm's Deep sounds good though.

Posted Image Posted Image

#100 Guest_Guest_vladimir_*_*

Guest_Guest_vladimir_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

I hope you like my idee of Helm's Deep.All i want is to respect more the movie.And you don't want to modofic the Helm's deep map, i mean the fortress?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users