Feedback

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Purple_*

Guest_Purple_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Hi,

First thank you, this mod is really fun!
Like others, I had a crash while trying to update with Launchbase, so i'm still on the previous version.
I have an annoying sound bug, that I had once with another mod, I think with Purple Alert. Everywhere where there's gold or minerals to collect, there is a repeating sound, like a water sound looping, this is really irritating... :( Has anyone encountered the same strange noise?
I've uploaded the sound for you:
Any clue?

Purple

#22 Guest_Purple_*

Guest_Purple_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

Also, I'd like to add my opinion on some improvements that would be great:
- the spider drone: its sound is really too loud, and too long: it stops a few seconds after the drone has really stopped.
- the em pulse: it doesn't last long enough to be used as a strategy and is pretty useless as it is... In TS, it was way longer ^^
- the iron curtain: as a superweapon, delay is quite OK, but from the helicopter, it is completely useless: just a few seconds, and the helicopter doesn't automatically give another "iron curtain shot" on the vehicle, so you have to click repeatedly... no good :(
- why have Boris removed, and replace him with a girl with the same capabilities? :s
- Soviet Artillery tanks are cool, but I really miss TS deployable tanks :)

Thank you!

#23 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

That sound is the ore driller, Purple.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#24 Guest_Purple_*

Guest_Purple_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

Ok! But I mean, why is this sound lower in the original Yuri's revenge? At this volume this sound is also drilling my ears :)

#25 Arios

Arios
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:32 AM

I`m also suggesting to improve AI brutalness a bit. At least on Medium and Hard difficulty computer should be more deadly. And improve a bit Soviet AI - it feels a bit disappointing to fight with him as he is too weak at tactics and harassment.

#26 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

Thanks for feedback.

Btw are you playing the latest version?

i.e. http://agbunker.cncg...res/redares.zip which has recon ability.

Edited by Allied General, 03 March 2011 - 01:18 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

That was the version you've shown me, if I guess it right. I thought it wasn't public because of that Floating Disc.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#28 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 17 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

Also, I'd like to add my opinion on some improvements that would be great:
- the spider drone: its sound is really too loud, and too long: it stops a few seconds after the drone has really stopped.
- the em pulse: it doesn't last long enough to be used as a strategy and is pretty useless as it is... In TS, it was way longer ^^
- the iron curtain: as a superweapon, delay is quite OK, but from the helicopter, it is completely useless: just a few seconds, and the helicopter doesn't automatically give another "iron curtain shot" on the vehicle, so you have to click repeatedly... no good :(
- why have Boris removed, and replace him with a girl with the same capabilities? :s
- Soviet Artillery tanks are cool, but I really miss TS deployable tanks :lol:

Thank you!

Apologies for late reply, have been busy with work.
- lowered volume of sounds

- EMP pulse lasts for 30 seconds by default on Speed=3. I do not recommend playing latest version of modification on a speed higher then 4. This was to fix lag issues. In WIP version the duration has increased to 40 seconds.

- Iron curtain effect lasted for 15 seconds by default on Speed=3. The one time fire effect is for balance reasons as I believe current version has no build limit and makes all vehicles and naval units immune. In WIP version the duration has increased to 25 seconds.

- The girl is Natasha from RA3. Red Ares modification is loosely based upon some RA3 events. Was to originally gain pilot snipe feature in Ares but development on this feature stopped.

Current version has issues with AI, this will be ongoing fix in future versions.

Also currently LB has a issue with the mod update feature and file size.

Edited by Allied General, 17 March 2011 - 01:56 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users