contra beta 008 feedback balance bugs

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#81 Treble

Treble
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Cyclone cannot be healed as infantry but can be repaired as vehicles. They can't enter barracks or healed by Medic Droid but repaired by factory or Repair Droid.

As Cyber General, rank one robots are so small that enemies couldn't aim them properly when they move on full speed (for reality of course). However enemy AT shells can hit them even they are on full speed. Are you putting the AT shells a homing ability? Could you make robots have a chance to dodge attacks while they move on full speed?

AT mines from Demolition General cannot trigger when light vehicles pass over (description says). However the Leech droid was caught by the AT mine explosion.

When mine clearers clear demo traps and cluster mines, they explode normally. Also other mines that are cleared or disappeared by player's defeat still deal damage.

Edited by Treble, 29 May 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#82 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

Cyclone cannot be healed as infantry but can be repaired as vehicles. They can't enter barracks or healed by Medic Droid but repaired by factory or Repair Droid.

You mean Cylons, not Cyclones, which are Super Weapon general's defense structures. Anyway, the reason is simple. Cylons are not cyborgs, they are robots.

As Cyber General, rank one robots are so small that enemies couldn't aim them properly when they move on full speed (for reality of course). However enemy AT shells can hit them even they are on full speed. Are you putting the AT shells a homing ability? Could you make robots have a chance to dodge attacks while they move on full speed?

It stays the same since vanilla Generals (with Sentry Drones). You are talking about realism, not balance.

AT mines from Demolition General cannot trigger when light vehicles pass over (description says). However the Leech droid was caught by the AT mine explosion.

Good report.

When mine clearers clear demo traps and cluster mines, they explode normally. Also other mines that are cleared or disappeared by player's defeat still deal damage.

They have always dealt damage (take a look at Demo Traps since vanilla Generals).

#83 amirshaneh

amirshaneh
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

i just keep crashing.. over and over again.

game has encounter a problem.

too many times. 

and sometimes the enemies are quitting 5 seconds after the match started.. sometimes both sometimes just one.

Edited by amirshaneh, 29 May 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#84 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

This has to be a problem with scripts. Since both 007 and 008 version are working fine for so many people and it is used with same files....it has to be install problem.

Posted Image

#85 Treble

Treble
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:08 AM

I checked that Roboraptor has same voice as other cyber air units.

Hornet cannot attack infantry.

Pave Low's small missile needs to chase enemies. It is hard to hit moving targets. Same is true for Sparrowhawk Gunship.

Pave Low can fire large missile without Eye.

Colossus needs reload process icon for repairing Sparrowhawk Gunship.

AMOS sometimes leave the barrels up.

Guan Yu's invulnerability icon when not purchased,  it says [requires higher rank] on the bottom of the description.

From Airforce General's Levitation pad, it is very hard to distinguish which planes are which. Names are also difficult to remember and recognize their role, especially on the description of bomber, helicopter and fighter training in Generals Power. Could you change the models and names for these planes? 

#86 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

I checked that Roboraptor has same voice as other cyber air units.

It is normal. New voices can be added later.

Hornet cannot attack infantry.

Not a bug.

Pave Low's small missile needs to chase enemies. It is hard to hit moving targets. Same is true for Sparrowhawk Gunship.

I don't agree about Sparrowhawk. It was designed to be good versus large groups of enemies.

Pave Low can fire large missile without Eye.

This is not a bug.

Colossus needs reload process icon for repairing Sparrowhawk Gunship.

I'm afraid this is not possible.

AMOS sometimes leave the barrels up.

Already reported.

Guan Yu's invulnerability icon when not purchased,  it says [requires higher rank] on the bottom of the description.

Already reported.

From Airforce General's Levitation pad, it is very hard to distinguish which planes are which. Names are also difficult to remember and recognize their role, especially on the description of bomber, helicopter and fighter training in Generals Power. Could you change the models and names for these planes?

Fighters and bombers are easily recognizable. You will get used to it. About general's powers - Helicopter Training trains all helicopters, Fighter Training trains all fighters and Bomber Training trains all bombers.

Edited by predator_bg, 30 May 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#87 amirshaneh

amirshaneh
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

This has to be a problem with scripts. Since both 007 and 008 version are working fine for so many people and it is used with same files....it has to be install problem.

i installed it on a fresh copy of ZH. so i dont think there is much things that i could have done wrong.

#88 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

i installed it on a fresh copy of ZH. so i dont think there is much things that i could have done wrong.

Here is a copy of all instructions. So, what exactly is the problem? You mean that when you play with enemies, they surrender?

Zero Hour version 1.04 is required!

Installation instructions: Put all files inside a clean Zero Hour directory (with no mods installed) and rename Scripts folder to Scripts1 (which is located inside Data folder).
Only one of these files must be inside your Zero Hour directory:
"!Contra008BetaRu.big" - for Russian language.
"!Contra008BetaEn.big" - for English language.

#89 Treble

Treble
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:08 AM

For Tank General's Black Lotus.
  • She can't disable vehicles.
  • When she captures an enemy building while in the middle of the chaotic battle, the capture sound [beep] can't be heard.
  • I thought she can throw magnetic field bomb in a long distance. She would die in the middle of battle when she uses that ability.
In Contra 007, vs Demo General Challenge, there is a nuke explosion device near the secondary supply source. No detectors can detect it and they caught in the explosion without noticing.

Units can attack AT mines, AA mines, demo traps and cluster mines when revealed. Could you make it auto attack other mines when they are revealed. Although mines can be attacked by force attacking the units onto them, but in shorter range.

Jarman Kell cannot attack automatically.

Jarman Kell's command aura is using healing icon on affected units. Are they can be conjunction with Underground Commandpost's fire power bonus?

Jarman Kell's kill vehicle still hears the power down sound for Coyote tank, USA dozer and Hydra. It can't kill the driver of Command Truck.

Underground Commandpost has camonet upgrade benefit but no upgrade button on it.

Temple of Jikhad's Missile splits into three parts but the some of the cloud trail from three parts are missing.

When the Tech tree of Contra 008 will update?

How enemy AI can pinpoint my units from very far distance? They don't have any scout units to scout my units or base. They even know where my under construction base defenses and new units without any scouting.

Assault Battle bus and other units that are stealthed with GPS scrambler needs hold fire button.

Where's Laser General's Sniper? I like it shooting down missiles.

Where's Assault General's Marauder Tank's Triple Barrel or Stinger addons?

After finishing 008 final update, could you remake all 008 trailers?

I feel Rig Launcher shoots only for digging and not for attacking is quite under powered despite its size and cost. It needs to have an attack or otherwise reduce its size.

Can't find Rebel bike from Assault General.

There are two points of power available at the start of the game. Why? GLA doesn't need power.

Edited by Treble, 31 May 2013 - 09:48 AM.

#90 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

For Tank General's Black Lotus.

• She can't disable vehicles.
  • When she captures an enemy building while in the middle of the chaotic battle, the capture sound [beep] can't be heard.
  • I thought she can throw magnetic field bomb in a long distance. She would die in the middle of battle when she uses that ability.

I agree with capture sound. About magnetic field, you need to distract your enemy first. If Black Lotus can turn off an entire squad of enemy units alone, it will be overpowered.

In Contra 007, vs Demo General Challenge, there is a nuke explosion device near the secondary supply source. No detectors can detect it and they caught in the explosion without noticing.

You can trigger it by a light infantry soldier and get rid of it.

Units can attack AT mines, AA mines, demo traps and cluster mines when revealed. Could you make it auto attack other mines when they are revealed. Although mines can be attacked by force attacking the units onto them, but in shorter range.

Creator won't agree with that.

Jarman Kell cannot attack automatically.

This is intentional and it was not changed in Contra. Jarmen Kell reveals himself when shooting.

Jarman Kell's command aura is using healing icon on affected units. Are they can be conjunction with Underground Commandpost's fire power bonus?

I'm not sure if I understand what you're asking, but I will try to answer. If units have Underground Command Post bonus and are within Jarmen Kell's bonus area - they get both bonuses.

Jarman Kell's kill vehicle still hears the power down sound for Coyote tank, USA dozer and Hydra. It can't kill the driver of Command Truck.

Well, this sound is probably normal. Sound changes for this were not made in Contra. Command Truck is immune to crew killers and neutron shells.

Underground Commandpost has camonet upgrade benefit but no upgrade button on it.

Already reported.

Temple of Jikhad's Missile splits into three parts but the some of the cloud trail from three parts are missing.

This is not very significant. It will be put in the last place of planned fixes.

When the Tech tree of Contra 008 will update?

In the full version.

How enemy AI can pinpoint my units from very far distance? They don't have any scout units to scout my units or base. They even know where my under construction base defenses and new units without any scouting.

Enemy AI also targets stealth buildings with general's powers. All these things are usual for Generals' AI and are unfixable.

Assault Battle bus and other units that are stealthed with GPS scrambler needs hold fire button.

Already reported.

Where's Laser General's Sniper? I like it shooting down missiles.

It was removed. It might be returned along with some other units, but nothing can be confirmed.

Where's Assault General's Marauder Tank's Triple Barrel or Stinger addons?

They were removed.

After finishing 008 final update, could you remake all 008 trailers?

Why would anybody remake trailers for an upcoming version after it is released? I never heard anyone doing so.

I feel Rig Launcher shoots only for digging and not for attacking is quite under powered despite its size and cost. It needs to have an attack or otherwise reduce its size.

Rig Launcher is used in strategic points of the map where you can't create tunnels with a Worker (because the enemy will kill the Worker before construction is finished). Its cost is not so high since you won't need much Rig Launchers. The size and speed are normal for a long range launcher. For attacks, use Dana Artillery.

Can't find Rebel bike from Assault General.

It doesn't exist. Alshain replaced the Rebel Biker for Assault general. Rebel Biker might be added too, though.

There are two points of power available at the start of the game. Why? GLA doesn't need power.

It's with all factions. Just for testing.

Edited by predator_bg, 31 May 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#91 Treble

Treble
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:33 PM

Some Generals have few things to do in rank five. I would like to add ideas.

New Buildings:

• Airforce: Advanced Control Tower: Increases firepower and armor of all planes that are built from Levitation Pads, Special Levitation Pads and Colossus, that are in the range of Advanced Control Tower. Cannot be in conjunction by itself.
  • Laser: Prism Reflector: All laser weapons targets the Prism and the prism unleashes the laser of the same kind to the enemy with higher effect and range. Multiple lasers can be targeted but targets one enemy at a time.
  • Cybernetic: Advanced Computerized System: Whenever a unit fights, friend or foe, the research meter increases. When its full, it applies to some of your own units and increases fire power and armor temporarily.
  • Tank: Grinding Station: Grinds unwanted vehicles and returns a percentage of the building cost.
  • Nuke: Apocalypse Generator: It consumes a lot of power [effect is undecided]. The effect is depending on the difference of power created and power used by other structures.
  • Infantry: Formation Center: Applies all infantry with active hoard bonus a formation bonus. Like Strategy Center, the formation bonus has many types and can be changed any time.
  • Flame: Shen Long [Dragon God]Temple: Pay money to apply some incerdiary units to have increased fire power bonus in its first attack, or first five seconds if the unit was Dragon Tank or Immolator. Price depends on how many units and the type of unit. When certain amount of money was spend, the Temple Summons an Elemental Dragon for a short time.
  • Demolition: Demo Debris Collection Center: Each time a suicide unit or mines explode, The building collects the remaining parts and add to your funds and also charges up the demo meter. When the meter is full, you can choose one of your units to receive a huge explosion device. The enemy doesn't know which unit has the device. Drive the unit to the enemy and get a KABOOM.
  • Assault: Junk Yard: When your vehicles are destroyed, if not recycled, the wreckage moves to Junk Yard. Use it to create Junk Tank. It Depends on what wreckage was used. Junk Tank can be created from: Scorpion, Quad, Katsusha, Dana,  Tractor, Marauder, Bus, Demolisher and Flak. Others are used for increase Junk Repair ability for a short time. 

New Units:

• Laser: Advanced Target Designator: Like Designator Beam from Generals power but in smaller area. Reveals enemies and increase the damage the enemy takes.
  • Tank: Grinder: Grinds enemies in close range with Spiked Wheels. While grinding the enemy can't get away.
  • Nuke: Devastator Tank: A Huge Tank with multiple barrels. Effective vs all targets. But needs to fire manually and the turret cannot rotate. The tank itself moves and rotates very slowly and once it is ordered to fire, it deals tremendous amount of damage in one direction and in great distance. After firing, the tank is totally defenseless and requires power from reactor to reload its next attack. Also the tank itself always reveal to all players and its countdown is shown too. The tank's armor is very weak when attacked from behind. 
  • Infantry: Parachute Launcher: Load infantry and launch them with parachute to any place.
  • Toxin: Toximancer: Infantry that manipulates toxins and acids. {Raise Slime} Raises Toxin or acid slime from the pools of toxin or acid. They spew toxin or acids to the enemy. They disappear after few attacks.
  • Demolition: Mine Layer: Can lay all sorts of mines. Stealthed.
  • Assault: Junk Tank: Created from Junk Yard. Its attacks and ability is depend on what wreckage is used.

New Research:

• Super Weapon: Counter Force: When Base defense loses health, it increases fire rate. The more health is lost, the more fire rate is increased.
  • Infantry: Combat Shield: Infantry gets more resistant to toxin, flame, radiation, sniper attacks and anti garrison attacks.
  • Infantry: Terrain Cover Tactics: Reduce damage taken to infantry while they on the move. Only works near cliffs, trees, urban and allied vehicles and structures. Not effective in open areas.
  • Blessing of Fire: Researched from Shen Long Temple. It increases the fire storm durability.
  • Stealth: Fear of the Unseen: Enemies that had been attacked by your unit has chance to decrease morale (decreases fire power). Only works when your units attack to break their stealth and no detectors around.
  • Stealth: After Strike Recovery: Decreases the recloaking time if they destroy an enemy. More enemies destroyed, the quicker the recovery.
  • Demolition: Explosion Proof Armor: All units and structures receive less damage from explosion attacks. More explosion damage is reduced if its their own explosions.
  • Assault: Improved Salvage Mechanism: Increases the power up of salvage upgrade further. It also unlocks the third salvage of your units.
  • Assault: Wreckage Strike: The more health the enemy loses, the more damage it takes from your units. Unlocks Demolisher's Spike Swing Ability.

I found Spies upgrade for GLA, which reveals supply center that are already exist but not reveal future supply centers.

In Stealth General, Sniper Nests and Missile Silo are camouflaged in default. But Sniper nests has camonet upgrade icon. Also Radar Van from Stealth General has no AA radar deployment.

Edited by Treble, 01 June 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#92 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

Those ideas are interesting. I will tell Creator to think about them when he comes back.

I found Spies upgrade for GLA, which reveals supply center that are already exist but not reveal future supply centers.

Thanks.

#93 Treble

Treble
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

No offence but I found some old units in Contra are similar in Shockwave. Some units in Shockwave have similar role in Contra too. I like the models and ideas in Shockwave too. I wish the two mods join together.

#94 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

No offence but I found some old units in Contra are similar in Shockwave. Some units in Shockwave have similar role in Contra too. I like the models and ideas in Shockwave too. I wish the two mods join together.

Do you mean the same models? There are some, indeed. Some models from Contra can be seen in Shockwave since they are public. But we are planning to get rid of public models and cameos over time.

Edited by predator_bg, 01 June 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#95 Spacerat

Spacerat
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

Really good mod. Makes a lot of fun. We played yesterday with 6 people without crash or sync problems.

Trouble with crashes or sync problems can appear, if you use custom maps. Can even make problems, if you simply have them in your maps folder whithout using them.

I removed all my custom maps, moved one in the folder back again, tested it and then the next one... 

#96 ASD_auz

ASD_auz
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Hi,

dont know if already reported.. if yes sorry for doublepost

in the chalages vs the laser... my brother told me he was not able to win the map but can not find any left buiding or unit

today i tried also and had the same troubles... destroyed everything... searched the whole map with radar for hidden stuff but nothing found

ASD

#97 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hi,

dont know if already reported.. if yes sorry for doublepost

in the chalages vs the laser... my brother told me he was not able to win the map but can not find any left buiding or unit

today i tried also and had the same troubles... destroyed everything... searched the whole map with radar for hidden stuff but nothing found

ASD

Yes. It is already reported.

#98 tivi12

tivi12
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Some bugs i saw

-gla not building in skirmist or in multyplayer only builds a barakk when i send money

-very big lagg in multiplayer

-sometimes china napalmbombs firestorm have some graphick gliches

and finaly its not a bug but the ai is reali simple insane enemy is very easy

#99 predator_bg

predator_bg

The predator

• Hosted
  • 2,435 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

-gla not building in skirmist or in multyplayer only builds a barakk when i send money

Already reported. It happens with Toxin and Demolition generals. There is a bug which prevents the AI from building Arms Dealer.

-very big lagg in multiplayer

Did you play with human players or with AI? How many players and on which map?

-sometimes china napalmbombs firestorm have some graphick gliches

Already reported. Some people have this glitch too, but others never had it. It is unknown what causes this. What graphic glitches did you see?

and finaly its not a bug but the ai is reali simple insane enemy is very easy

Already reported.

#100 tivi12

tivi12
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

big lag happened when 2 human and the rest is ai and the conection is good tried whit other games without lag

sometimes redis lines sometimes when the camera is on a position the whole screen where i see the units and buildings go black when this happens when napalmbombs from migs create a firestorm .

Edited by tivi12, 06 June 2013 - 05:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users