Photo

Fixing Connection Issues (Port Forwarding Guide)

bfme1 & bfme2

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#121 bluehero213

bluehero213
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

I was going to make my port open with http://portforward.com/ but then it ask's me to buy "portforward network utilites 

is it a way to change the port to open for free?

#122 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:07 PM

I was going to make my port open with http://portforward.com/ but then it ask's me to buy "portforward network utilites 

is it a way to change the port to open for free?

Just follow the guides on that website. Navigate to your router model and then don't buy anything.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#123 bluehero213

bluehero213
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 03:22 PM

If you are experiencing connection issues (being unable to connect to players after the host starts the game), please follow this guide.

STEP 1:

Make sure that port 16000 (UDP) is opened in your router settings.

If you don't know how to do this, this website offers comprehensive guides for just about every router out there: http://portforward.com/

Use following tool to find out if the port is actually opened:

http://portforward.c...p/portcheck.htm

STEP 2:

Go to %appdata%\My Battle for Middle-earth Files\ (for BFME2, %appdata%\My Battle for Middle-earth Files™ II Files)

or 

C:\Users\ [Your Computer Name] \AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth Files (for BFME2, C:\Users\ [Your Computer Name] \AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files)

Open a file called options.ini and add the following to it:

FirewallBehavior = 1
FirewallNeedToRefresh = FALSE
FirewallPortAllocationDelta = 0
FirewallPortOverride = 16000

If present, remove the line

GameSpyIPAddress = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Afterwards, make sure Options.ini is set to Read Only (right click > properties)

If you CANNOT perform port forwarding, the only other option is:

- Go to OPTIONS

- Press REFRESH NAT

When leaving a finished game, REFRESH NAT AGAIN.

IF YOU HAVE HAMACHI INSTALLED, PLEASE SHUT IT DOWN BEFORE PLAYING ONLINE

For more info on port forwarding and connection issues, see the following:

• Guide on how to fix CONNECTION PROBLEMS can be found HERE (thanks to user barrrrt)
  • Comprehensive FAQ that includes CONNECTION PROBLEMS can be found HERE (thanks to gamereplays)

Just wanted to say that the site that was linked to this tutorial:  http://portforward.com/ didn't work 4 me.

Its because I got an roter that is not wireless so I have an apple airport express connected 2 it so it will become wireless.

And because of that I had to do hell alot of google-ing to find out how to slove my problem.

after a while I found out a solution:

maby consider to add it in your tutorial 

incase more than me has this setup on the roter 

#124 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

Hello again,

a battle (error 2755) has been won, but not the war yet...

Last night a friend of mine and me have tried to get a game started but we always failed. Via Teamspeak we could check that our settings are in accordance with the hints in this forum.

So here r the 'facts' so far (all subjects ref. to both players / PCs if not mentioned otherwise)

- Port 16000 (UDP) is open (although port checker @ my PC says it's closed.. but afaik port checker isn't 100 % reliabale.. I've checked the router settings more than once... the router settings definitely say: 16000 (UDP) is open... @ both routers even the ports 8088-28088 have been opened)

- Both routers don't offer any DMZ-settings anymore

- The options.ini has been edited as mentioned in the first post

- There isn't any hamachi, vpn or simliar stuff on our PCs

- Win-Firewalls definitely allow BfME free access, but to obviate any possibility of issues, they have been disabled, also any other AV- / security-programm, if existing

Did we miss something? Show your magic! ;)

Edit: We both can enter the lobby without any issues. Pings are green. We get a connection error message (open your ports... refresh NAT... if you use DLink, then blabla) when tryin' to start a game, no matter who's hosting.

Edited by Paul_Brause, 11 January 2016 - 01:44 PM.

There's no wrong or right but I'm sure there's good and bad.

Life is what you make it.

#125 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 11 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

Do you have more than one network device? Eg WiFi, Ethernet lan and more than one IP address? In the game options you have to pick the correct IP then. Make sure your router forwards to the correct IP/mac address.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#126 Paul_Brause

Paul_Brause
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:29 PM

As far as I'm concerned: No, just on network device / no WiFi, Ethernet etc. / just one IP adress / router forwards to the correct IP (the computer's and not the external one, right?).

I'll check this with my m8 and keep you informed.

There's no wrong or right but I'm sure there's good and bad.

Life is what you make it.

#127 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:33 PM

Yes Router has to forward to the local IP of the machine you are running Bfme on. Sometimes you get a new IP on ever reboot of the computer. That's something you have to look after (if dhcp is configured and the forward is not mac address based).

Are you two connecting from the same network? Behind the same router?

Also, did you try to connect to other people?

#128 FrancescoNL

FrancescoNL
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:13 AM

I had an interesting fix today in our fb inbox where someone was experiencing connection issues even after port forwarding, but fixed it by setting his PC as the DMZ in his modem. I think this means your computer is somewhat more vulnerable but I'm not sure how big the security risk is. I'll DM you the conversation on fb @ICT, you may wanna add it to the original post.

#129 CAPTAIN_test001

CAPTAIN_test001
  • Project Team
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:16 AM

lol francis .. the DMZ can kill the router instantly if there is enough interest in it .. we don't use it unless in closed networks because the pairs on it have full access on all ports .. its one step above the ultimate open router. its so risky I don't recommend it unless u know what u doing and we use it mostly for maintenance purposes.

the key about port forwarding is that some time the frameware fails to do the changes. so u got the port opened but its not really open yet. best choice in such situation is to update ur router firmware.

just remember 2 things:

there is a lot of things can block the ports

and more important don't get ppl play games by any cost. security comes first all times

#130 bobeislami

bobeislami
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:58 PM

hi there...i have this problem....i dont know how to opne the port forward..

i have delet the numbers on opsions.in

and make it false

but hte port how to opn it..

please help

i really need to play this online

#131 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

You will have to ask google on 'how to port forward [your router model name]'.

#132 bobeislami

bobeislami
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:39 PM

can you give me a link...those links on this forum I don't understand them...can you teach me how to do it step by step

#133 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

You need to find out what type of router you have (brand, model name, etc) and then just type what ICT said into Google and see.

Nobody can do that for you, you need to do it yourself.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#134 bobeislami

bobeislami
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:12 PM

i see...but what did you do for this problem...tell me step by step

#135 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:21 PM

I already did... 

You want to open your port, right? So:

1. Find out what kind of router you have (brand, type, etc)
  2. Go to Google.com
  3. Type in 'how to port forward [your router here]'
  4. Read the tutorial presented in the search results
  5. Forward port 16000.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#136 bobeislami

bobeislami
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:15 PM

look that the problem....sometimes it work with some people...sometimes it shows me the error message

I want to play with a friend of mine...we have 7 days try it...but error always shows...whats the meaning of this

fuck error message

I want to play

fix it

#137 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

Bob you have to follow our instructions or you can NOT play.

Your router (or your friends router, or both) are not allowing the games to connect to eachother. All participating players have to use port forwarding if they fail to connect. To do that all players must read the aforementioned steps a post above yours.

We can not fix this for you since it is related to the players networks.

#138 bobeislami

bobeislami
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

ok....thanks..for info....me and my friend always try yo play online..but all the time...it give us the error message....

let hope it will work

#139 Desarus

Desarus
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:37 AM

Hello All,

I'm having the issue when I try to login online and I get the "Login timed out." message. I did the port forwarding and have it set to 16000 (UDP). I am using my Revora account for my login credentials and am registered on the website, but the Register button blinks on the login page even though I can click the Login button after entering my credentials. Do I still need to register my game the way we used to before EA took down their servers? Or is there another answer or thread someone might be able to direct me to in order to fix my issue? Any advice would be of great help!

I'm playing BFME 1, if that makes any difference.

Thank You!

#140 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:59 AM

Did you remove the gamespyip addressline in your options.ini file? See connection problems sticky. Also make sure you don't have stuff like hamachi virtual devices active.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users