Photo

MO3.0 Feedback // SUGGESTIONS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2870 replies to this topic

#2561 Com.Davanov

Com.Davanov
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  •  That guy who gets angry when you consider killing his fav char.

Posted 03 June 2016 - 12:34 PM

I only hope Foehn has a cute female commando for me to boss around.

Also did anyone else feel let down by the fact the C&C 3 GDI commando just didn't really compare to ghoststalker?

#2562 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts
  •  Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!

Posted 03 June 2016 - 02:48 PM

I hope the Foehn 'heroes' are horrible and ugly just to break the trope.

Surly adolescent & androgynous dyed-hair femmes are contemptible and forced.

2nm4ut.jpg

#2563 Malekron

Malekron
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:03 PM

How ugly do you want them to be @Protozoan?

#2564 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:53 AM

Not even recognizably human.

2nm4ut.jpg

#2565 Com.Davanov

Com.Davanov
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  •  That guy who gets angry when you consider killing his fav char.

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:41 AM

*sigh*

Can't we just compromise and go for scarred/battle worn characters? This isn't W40k, where we have Nurgle level hideousness.

#2566 Protozoan

Protozoan

Big Stinky Gun

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:33 AM

*sigh*
Can't we just compromise and go for scarred/battle worn characters? This isn't W40k, where we have Nurgle level hideousness.

Yunru & Libra are Slaaneshi icons

2nm4ut.jpg

#2567 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

Foehn's Heroes: Speeder, Alstar, Lovalmidas x)

#2568 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

Another would it be possible to make "indestructible" tech buildings setting? like they can be destroyed (building "husk" would still be there) and and no longer give benefits nor can they be repaired with the wrench icon. but an engineer can repair them by capturing them again. either your or your enemies. becomes less of "scorched earth" and more like a "tug of war"

I've played with this a lot 2-3 years ago up til a year ago when I left YR modding for good.

The main issue with this is that while technically this is possible via the Ares trench logic, rebuilding and capturing will look odd, because they cannot be merged into a single action within YR. If you keep the building husk owned, then it would prevent the allies rebuilding it and also would look really odd on the radar. If you switch the ownership to neutral, then every engineer would be needed to sending twice into it manually - first they would enter, rebuild the husk to a structure then pop up and then you can command them to capture the newly rebuilt one. You can't queue this due to the rebuilding action either.

Petrowar worked around this limitation via scripting all maps to spawn a neutral derrick immediately a derrick dies but that's not an option to all maps.

And neither solution can be rigged to checkboxes either.

Well having it captured twice with two engineers to repair then capture sound fine to me. or is there another limitation to that that i am not getting?

Also with the Ideas of support only units, how about returning the Tank Destroyer as one?  A Euro Alliance paradrop of 2 or 3 veteran Tank Destroyers and call it the "Jägers Reinforcements" or something. great for supporting your frontlines, but the specialized Tank Destroyers are not good for throwing in the enemy base like the Russian Tank Drop.

Also: is it possible to code a hotkey function that can make all selected infantry enter whatever nearby transport vehicles?

Edited by Schottkey 7th Path, 05 June 2016 - 08:18 AM.

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#2569 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

Okay, I'll be more straightforward. https://youtu.be/PKVALt8yZGw?t=3m39s cannot be queued using waypoints. Which is quite a cost in terms of micro from the pr0 side.

No, it's impossible to code a hotkey for automatically entering into vehicles.
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#2570 Colonel Angus

Colonel Angus
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:53 AM

I've gotta say the Fohen unit designs are impressive on the whole. I feel that the Harbinger's design looks a little dated. It looks like a C-130 cargo plane (which has been around since the 1950s), compared to the futuristic style of the other Fohen units.

In the demo video it also seems to fly just as fast as the fighter jet units despite looking like a "flying tank".

The artwork definitely impressive in its own right, it just doesn't seem to fit the faction's overall theme. (The current design would probably fit better with the Allies who still use some dated or modern technology like Humvees, Abrams tanks, etc).

foeharb.png

Edited by Colonel Angus, 14 June 2016 - 12:59 AM.

#2571 Schottkey 7th Path

Schottkey 7th Path
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:14 AM

Isn't the Harbinger intended to be used by the Allies before the Epsilon's domination of the world and only rediscovered by Foehn for project completion? Think of it as a Relic from a more civilized time.  :p

Speaking of which, it would be neat to see at least 1 unit in the Foehn arsenal made from rediscovered Soviet lostech, but fitted with Foehn signature technology like the Harbinger. (not the stolen tech unit from tech center infiltration)

Edited by Schottkey 7th Path, 14 June 2016 - 02:15 AM.

>>>>>>>> Unoffical compliation of upcoming features for the next MO Release https://forums.revor...-see/?p=1033314 <<<<<<<<

#2572 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:45 AM

Harbinger looks fine as it is. Think of it as a gunship packed up with most epic pieces of technology avaible to Foehn.

#2573 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:56 AM

What made the Allied Spy unique from the others is that he was the cheapest, but now that's the Clairvoyants thing.

Arguably, the Allied Spy is still the cheapest disguisable Spy, but I feel like that's not good enough: I'd like to put him up to par with the others.

Then I got to thinking about every spy other than the Clairvoyant. Here are my ideas:

Allied Spy:

- Name: Intel Agent.

- Ability 1: Intel Beacon deploy.

(Intel Beacon: Invisible \ Detects stealth \ 20 second cool down \ Target paints proximity when deployed)

- Ability 2: Bride demolition.

(10 second delay)

- Cost: $1000.

Note: Intel Beacons will only target paint stuff when deployed to stay hidden and will self destruct when its placer dies, infiltrates, or places another elsewhere, but this will not cause damage to its surroundings. Intel beacons will be linked (as shown via "mind control" arcs) to their placers (Spies). The Intel Agent gets his name from his ability to acquire even more information via beacons, which help your forces by target painting and scanning their enemies. Also, their ability to demolish bridges is justifiable due to every other disguiseable spy being able to demolish bridges. 

Soviet Spy:

- Name: Saboteur.

- Ability 1: Timed Bomb deploy.

(Timed bomb: Invisible \ Self destructs in 15 seconds \ 20 second cool down \ Causes little damage \ May destroy walls if there is enough (5-ish) but will most likely alert "Base under attack".

- Ability 2: Bridge demolition.

(10 second delay)

- Ability 3: Bomb vest

(Makes the wearer explode upon death)

- Cost: $1000.

Note: If the Timed Bombs prove to be too over powered, they could also provide ticking noises to make them more preventable. Also, there ability to demolish bridges is justifiable due to their excessive use of explosives.)

Epsilon Spy:

- Name: Ghost.

- Ability 1: Invisibility deploy.

(As well as being able to disguise, Ghosts can also turn invisible, but this sacrifices her movement, because she cannot move when invisible. This proves useful against Dogs, however, the Dogs usually end up being drawn to where she's cloaked, trapping the spy in one spot, making it become a rescue mission, which in all fairness is better than her being mauled to death)

- Ability 2: Bridge demolition.

- Cost: $1000

Note: As you can see, this spy is no longer unique for their bridge demolition skills, whereas that's now universal to all disguiseable spies. They are now unique for their hiding skills. Also, I personally think it would be cool to have a female spy for Epsilon. 

Edited by BlackAbsence, 15 June 2016 - 02:27 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#2574 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:42 AM

You're forgetting about one thing. Clairvoyant cant disguise himself, while allied spy can, so CV have to rely on wave infiltration attacks.

#2575 Abc12341

Abc12341
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:18 AM

I've gotta say the Fohen unit designs are impressive on the whole. I feel that the Harbinger's design looks a little dated. It looks like a C-130 cargo plane (which has been around since the 1950s), compared to the futuristic style of the other Fohen units.

In the demo video it also seems to fly just as fast as the fighter jet units despite looking like a "flying tank".

The artwork definitely impressive in its own right, it just doesn't seem to fit the faction's overall theme. (The current design would probably fit better with the Allies who still use some dated or modern technology like Humvees, Abrams tanks, etc).

I think the Harbinger looks fine. Also, it's not turboprop like a C-130 and compared to the actual ingame C-130 model (U.S. cargo plane afaik) it's pretty different looking. But, I agree that it does seem to be a little fast; gunships use slower speeds usually in order to aim better, but it's a video game so go figure; unsure if its speed really makes a difference balance-wise.

Some suggestions of my own:

I think the navy side of the game needs some additions to it. Each subfaction could have one/a few unique units, plus maybe some more subfactions could have 'unit replacements' (e.g. like the Akula missile sub replacing dreadnoughts for Russia). I haven't any specific ideas for what these units could be, but they could go with each subfaction's theme, like a nuclear-equipped unit for China, stealth ship for Headquarters, etc.

Flame units ought to use blue flames when elite, like Initiate's attack creating blue flames.

Maybe a tech building or structure that can be found on some battlefields could be added that works like a stationary IFV turret, so you could put a Pyro in it and you have a Flamethrower turret, sniper -> sniper turret, chrono legionnaire -> chrono turret, etc. Probably not possible, but would be cool

More unique base defenses for some subfactions maybe, such as an Advanced tesla coil for Russia which doesn't require tesla troopers to charge for its effects, a bring-back of the Psychic tower for Psicorps, some sort of laser turret for America, etc.

Edited by Abc12341, 15 June 2016 - 07:19 AM.

#2576 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:48 AM

You're forgetting about one thing. Clairvoyant cant disguise himself, while allied spy can, so CV have to rely on wave infiltration attacks.

At first he did compare Allied spy wih CV, but then he wants Allied spy to be on par with other spy except Foehn's, thus the suggestions he made. He clearly remembers about CV can't disguise since he use the word "disguisable".

Although I think at this point no more suggestion will be taken..? (At least for the upcoming public release)

#2577 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

Clairvoyant cant disguise himself, while allied spy can, so CV have to rely on wave infiltration attacks.

I know.

Flame units ought to use blue flames when elite, like Initiate's attack creating blue flames.

I like the current, slightly red-ish, flame for Soviet elite flamethrowers, but for Epsilon, I wouldn't mind blue flamed elite weapons (Infrno Tower, Muarder, extra?).

More unique base defenses for some subfactions. Advanced tesla coil for Russia, Psychic tower for Psicorps, laser turret for America.

I like these ideas, and it's already been confirmed that the Psi Corps will get Psychic Towers.

EA already gets the defence buffer structure.

PF already gets the Sky Ray.

LC already gets the Smoke Cannons.

China could get the... "great wall of china"? x)

HQ already gets the Mobile Stealth Generator.

SC could get... idk, something to do with chemicals. Maybe an armour debuffer.

Not sure what would be befitting to Foehn sub-factions because I don't know their themes.

Although I think at this point no more suggestion will be taken..? (At least for the upcoming public release)

Speeder said "We'll see", regarding the Allied Spy target painter ability, so things are still a wip afaik.

Edited by BlackAbsence, 15 June 2016 - 12:07 PM.

Infinitive absence.

#2578 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:55 AM

What i meant is that despite allied spy having "no gimmicks" on his own, he's still cost effective. Disguise helps a lot.

Soviet flame units use more-orange-like flame when elite.

About advanced towers, while PC gets psychic tower (remember that beacon is for all epsi factions now), Latins get smoke turret and PF's Skyray is now tier 3. I think thats enough.

#2579 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

Wait, no stationary AA defence for Pacific Front until T3? Or they get Patriots now and Skyray is "AA+"?

Edited by Damfoos, 15 June 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#2580 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 02:43 PM

no stationary AA defence for Pacific Front until T3?

No.

they get Patriots now and Skyray is "AA+"?

Yes.

Infinitive absence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users