MO3.0 Feedback // MISSIONS/CO-OP

• Please log in to reply
463 replies to this topic

#61 Eternity 6

Eternity 6
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

The Epsilon co-op mission cornered is awesome but is rather easy and short I think missions on easy should be like this so even if your brain dead you can win.I'm not bad a these types of games but most of my freinds are , particularly my dad who has played all the C&C games on the hardest difficulty howvere he is not that good he only wins by being stubborn and playing the missions over and over again for weeks. He play's the game like chess moves a unit and sits for five minutes wondering what is the best thing to do next.Please understand that there are people who don't have uber micro , some don't have any micro and it is sad to see the so interested in a mod to only leave it after constant failure because they don't have the actions per minute to handel the missions or the game pleas make the missions easier or at least increase the difference between the difficulties.

The allied mission Blunt Royal Is way too hard we were playing on easy and got our ass's wipped we only managed to get past the mission by putting the game speed on 0 so we could micro all our units perfectly .We tried like 9 or more times we did everything tried to capture the tech structures toachive the same old lose we even tried to capture the old allied base . this mission needs to be nerfed and I don't see the need of such a large map if you only sped most of your game in one section.

#62 MentalA04

MentalA04
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

i completed 4 missions on mental so far, all alied

1st mission very good overall, although i had question, when you deffend pentagon for some time, usualy after massive kirov atack, there like 3 borillo get behind it and try to focus pentagon only, where they come from? are they just spawn in the oposite of invasion border of map? they coudnt pass in the canal from the place where main invasion forces were coming, since i had there ocupied buidling, several transports tryed to pass, all sunk, but this borillo came from nowhere, if they just spawn from the oposite part of the map, cant you change it, so they are droped by planes? that would make sense, since if i let no one come through, how would they spawn there, and if there some way around, why soviet woudnt atack from that side as well, there also come transport from the right, to kill refinary, it seemed for me as more open area, so i gues there is place where this transport could flank, or it come from front under the bridges? And another one, again, when they say reinforcement is on the way, and then very few of them coming, it kinda a let down, 2 AA is good, but you could add up more abrams, again up to 8, it is capital after all, for me, ground forces even on mental was no threat anyway, the biggest problem was to stop kirovs, so in this case it wouldnt change much, also, there could be some infantry, mb like 8 guys with bazzokas and 24 usual ones (they will be pretty much useless anyway), just so you would feel that your country trying to help you, it your capital, it vital to hold it.

2nd mission im not sure with the forces i get i can kill only 1 side with tesla towers in time limit while tesla towers is out? if so then it ok, then i should cap airfield and get bunch of rocketeer guys, the ones that fly, so they clear things up, if it the way it intended then it good. The real problem i had though, that after i capped my base, and made deffenses so enemy coudnt break through, the soviet base kept build infantry and only few of them actualy moved, the rest stayed at base turning in the huge blob of infantry packed in there doing nothing, mostly tanks and few infantry atacked me, the rest were chilling at base taking almost all the space.

3rd mission could let you have 2 more minutes (1 real time minute) to prepare for latin confederation until they atack, i did everything very fast, but still was in insane rush to cap oil dereck and occupy the few buildings, another thing, when i lost all my buildings i was still in game, i almost destroyed enemy forces but there were to many and so my base got demolished, there was like 6 tanks left and 10 infantry, i had very many rocketeers man who could fly so they would safe, i would kill kirovs, and then clear the rest of map, i think it should be changed so there is some critical structure, when it get blow up, it game over, since when enemy killed my ground forces they were just there doing nothing, they could keep invading, or if 1 tank get to US it okay, but if 1 kirov hit border it insta game over? something need to be done there.

4th mission i told you alredy, but i would highly reccomend to double hp regen to flying rocketeer man, it break flow of mission, in the 4-5 hours i played, probably around 20-30 minutes i were waiting for my rocekteer man to regen hp, oh and another thing, make the barrels near the port buildings not hostile to you, i pretty much saw what you did there, but i checked just to be in case, and it destroyed building as i thought, so it better to change it to non hostile, or it can be realy frustraiting for some who decide to try it out, and even more so, some time the half truck or infantry was behind it, and i coudnt click there, because they would focus the barrels.

#63 MentalA04

MentalA04
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

The Epsilon co-op mission cornered is awesome but is rather easy and short I think missions on easy should be like this so even if your brain dead you can win.I'm not bad a these types of games but most of my freinds are , particularly my dad who has played all the C&C games on the hardest difficulty howvere he is not that good he only wins by being stubborn and playing the missions over and over again for weeks. He play's the game like chess moves a unit and sits for five minutes wondering what is the best thing to do next.Please understand that there are people who don't have uber micro , some don't have any micro and it is sad to see the so interested in a mod to only leave it after constant failure because they don't have the actions per minute to handel the missions or the game pleas make the missions easier or at least increase the difference between the difficulties.

The allied mission Blunt Royal Is way too hard we were playing on easy and got our ass's wipped we only managed to get past the mission by putting the game speed on 0 so we could micro all our units perfectly .We tried like 9 or more times we did everything tried to capture the tech structures toachive the same old lose we even tried to capture the old allied base . this mission needs to be nerfed and I don't see the need of such a large map if you only sped most of your game in one section.

At mental, exept the correction for 4 allied missions i played so far i think difficulty should stay the same, im literally sweating while were doing them, and it a good sign, may be on easier they should be even more easier, but at mental they should only few things that would add on flavor.

#64 MentalA04

MentalA04
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

Also on 4th allied mission, i think the seal should start with one exp upgrade even on mental (not star one, the first one, dont know the word), i mean they should be special not some random guy, they sended at very important mission, mb they should have even max level of exp, best of the best commandos were sended there, if needed, the number of seals at mental should be reduced to one, the rocketeer man should stay as they are, they will need to earn their exp. I had max exp for all my units when got base, hadnt lost single one, destroyed everything exept red base, i wonder is it intended to kill patroling AA ships and AA trucks at bridge?

#65 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

1st mission very good overall, although i had question, when you deffend pentagon for some time, usualy after massive kirov atack, there like 3 borillo get behind it and try to focus pentagon only, where they come from? are they just spawn in the oposite of invasion border of map? they coudnt pass in the canal from the place where main invasion forces were coming, since i had there ocupied buidling, several transports tryed to pass, all sunk, but this borillo came from nowhere, if they just spawn from the oposite part of the map, cant you change it, so they are droped by planes? that would make sense, since if i let no one come through, how would they spawn there, and if there some way around, why soviet woudnt atack from that side as well

IIRC they come in via a Zubr which sneaks on that river flow between the outpost and the Pentagon.

kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#66 MentalA04

MentalA04
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

1st mission very good overall, although i had question, when you deffend pentagon for some time, usualy after massive kirov atack, there like 3 borillo get behind it and try to focus pentagon only, where they come from? are they just spawn in the oposite of invasion border of map? they coudnt pass in the canal from the place where main invasion forces were coming, since i had there ocupied buidling, several transports tryed to pass, all sunk, but this borillo came from nowhere, if they just spawn from the oposite part of the map, cant you change it, so they are droped by planes? that would make sense, since if i let no one come through, how would they spawn there, and if there some way around, why soviet woudnt atack from that side as well

IIRC they come in via a Zubr which sneaks on that river flow between the outpost and the Pentagon.

Arent borilo can move on water? Borilo is the flamethrower tank, right?

Edited by MentalA04, 04 December 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#67 RP.

RP.

Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 447 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega 3.0
  •  Mental Omega Mission Coder

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:33 PM

Yes, the Borillo aren't can move on water.

Or in other words, yes, it can, and yes, it's the flame 'tank'.

Posted Image

FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor ™

Mental Omega mission coder

#68 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

I would like to note that from what we've seen so far, the only changes that happen when you change difficulty in coop is AI difficulty, like in skirmish (Easy AI, Normal AI, Mental AI) and the same set of triggers is always activated.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#69 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Beat Soviet Mission 4, and personally I seem to like the Soviet campaign the best so far. Maybe because out of these 4, only one had no base building. I think the game is most fun when there's base building.

I only really have smaller complaints about Soviet Mission 1 and 2.

For S01, I think the part where you have to clear the bridges (second objective) is pretty much pointless when considering the whole mission. It would go much smoother if we'd just get the base and sweep through the map.

For S02, maybe there should be a little more money on the map.

S03 and S04 are really fun and perfect, especially S03.

Edited by Solais, 04 December 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#70 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

Speaking about the difficulty of Allied missions (and all missions) they are mostly hard because of no Save/Load and some very cheap tricks to make players angry (yes RP, I'm speaking about your Desos in Hammer To Fall). There are some missions which can be beaten mostly by a real hardcore players with a lot of luck (HtF and Human Shield for example), other missions are real "learn and try again" for example the Sunlight, if you know how to start the mission becomes very easy. Here is my list of the Allied missions and their statistics, as always the Panic Cycle is marked as the hardest one.

gopa.png

7fqd2Qz.png

#71 MentalA04

MentalA04
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

I would like to note that from what we've seen so far, the only changes that happen when you change difficulty in coop is AI difficulty, like in skirmish (Easy AI, Normal AI, Mental AI) and the same set of triggers is always activated.

And how about single missions? How difficulty affect it there? i tryed medium difficulty for few of levels, didnt play through them, just to see the diffrence, spend like 10-15 mins, they was much easier, atleast it felt that way. And btw, when the mission 4 on allied side will get it's fix update so i can finaly finish it on mental difficutly the legit way? Not just quiting when map was cleared out.

#72 MentalA04

MentalA04
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

Just finished 3rd allied mission on mental difficulty, holded both my bases, i sold 4th landing pad that apears near baracks it shoudnt be there in first place, to play succefully you cant afford another 4800 credits on airforces, so i would remove it enterily, i was perfectly fine with 12, anyway it possible to win thouse mission without loosing bases, so some critical structure should be there, not sure what exactly so critical could be at mexico border, may be some refuge center, or some powerfull station that can give information about enemy movements around the borders, but something important, btw, i won on 2nd time, the first time i tryed something diffrent but lost, anyway for some reason there was around 4 kirovs to the right who i coudnt atack from air at all, but my abrams tanks it looks like could shoot them, i have no idea why that happened, kirovs looked like they was much lover, little above earth.

#73 GAMMA47

GAMMA47
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:42 AM

no not the seal thing...that makes sense....plus sentry guns need to finally be useful....im talking about real base missions...like command and conquer has done for years....not endless wave of mediocre recon mission to put my brain to a boor or to a painfu headache...most of the missions arent even balanced to begin wih

#74 MentalA04

MentalA04
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

no not the seal thing...that makes sense....plus sentry guns need to finally be useful....im talking about real base missions...like command and conquer has done for years....not endless wave of mediocre recon mission to put my brain to a boor or to a painfu headache...most of the missions arent even balanced to begin with

What you mean "not the seal thing", could you specify? I think givin one promotion to both seals even on mental, or 2 promotions, but limited to one seal at all difficulty, starting with just one unit always had special place in my heart, even starting with 2 not the same.

#75 Martinoz

Martinoz

Just MK

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,621 posts
  • Projects:YR Argentina Webmaster
  •  Since April 2011
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:YR Argentina

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

no not the seal thing...that makes sense....plus sentry guns need to finally be useful....im talking about real base missions...like command and conquer has done for years....not endless wave of mediocre recon mission to put my brain to a boor or to a painfu headache...most of the missions arent even balanced to begin with

They are balanced, you just don't know how to approach.

7fqd2Qz.png

#76 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:58 PM

I personally think the Allied 7th mission, Hammer to Fall is relatively easy once you know the desolators are retarded and deploy your G.Is at the cliff on the bottom side of the map where there're a Soviet gate and a Tesla trooper powering a Tesla coil, so that you can hunt the Soviet troops(mainly desolators) coming from the upper side.

The Soviet continually sends 2 desolators towards you but they're not a problem once Tanya has been promoted to the highest level. Just be careful so that desolators shouldn't be a problem to you.

As for spies, on medium difficulty there are three at your disposal(I'm not sure if you still get 3 spies on other difficulties). After successfully having a spy infiltrate the mining facility, you can make use of the remaining two to reveal the shrouded terrain and draw attack dogs' attention for Tanya to deal with them.

The hardest period in this stage IMO is to pass through a slope and on the end of it there're 3 buildings, one of which is garrisoned by A few conscripts.  If you don't pay attention to that you may make your units wasted.

Actually you can pass the slope without being hit by the conscripts from the building by walking along the edge of the slope and then have your G.Is to garrison the building near the captured one to draw their fire and then have Tanya clean them.

#77 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm pretty sure that S05 is impossible for a human being right now. I'm playing on Easy like always, but after I build the Beacon, I soon lose power and there are just so many attackers both at the base and at the beacon (I know I should capture the nearby powerplant, but I'd have to use all of my defense force for that), that it's just impossible to oversee everything without a radar and the ability to build defensive structures. The level might be probably doable with a ConYard and power.

By the way, maybe it's just me and I'm not a military strategist by any stretch of the imagination, but what sense does it make to build an important structure in a completely defenseless area where it is vulnerable on all sides, instead of it being built in the middle of the base a few meters away?

Edited by Solais, 05 December 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#78 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Because that would be too easy. Also you can defend that location well enough.

#79 RP.

RP.

Mentalmeister

• Project Team
  • 447 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega 3.0
  •  Mental Omega Mission Coder

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:19 PM

There are plenty of garrison-able structures in the area, use them to your advantage.

Also, you've got plenty of money to build a defense force around the Beacon. Next to that,you also have access to Instant Shelter, which you can place next to the Beacon.

Hold locations where enemies are paradropped, and yeah... power is the key to victory here ;)

As for your comment regarding the location, according to the calculations this location is best to mind-control the most people in St. Louis. Besides that, it's based off Operation: Free Gateway from Red Alert 2.

Those two things play part in the location where you build the Beacon.

Edited by RP., 05 December 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Posted Image

FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor ™

Mental Omega mission coder

#80 UprisingJC

UprisingJC
  • Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:46 PM

I'm pretty sure that S05 is impossible for a human being right now. I'm playing on Easy like always, but after I build the Beacon, I soon lose power and there are just so many attackers both at the base and at the beacon (I know I should capture the nearby powerplant, but I'd have to use all of my defense force for that), that it's just impossible to oversee everything without a radar and the ability to build defensive structures. The level might be probably doable with a ConYard and power.

By the way, maybe it's just me and I'm not a military strategist by any stretch of the imagination, but what sense does it make to build an important structure in a completely defenseless area where it is vulnerable on all sides, instead of it being built in the middle of the base a few meters away?

It's possible. Here's my gameplay video of this stage. FYI.

Edited by UprisingJC, 05 December 2013 - 07:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users