act 1 act 2

• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#21 WhiteDragon25

WhiteDragon25
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

I think it comes from the fact that the second Soviet mission in MO is about clearing the Alcatraz for the PsiCorps specifically, asked by Yuri himself. Since that is a mission with the fake-Yuri voice actor, it is a most memorable mission.

Well sure, but from the story standpoint, it would seem like the first place the Soviets would go to. I mean, their top commander was there, seeing that PsiCorps is doing a project there, I'd assume that he'd say something about that.

Damn, ninja'd. I was going to say that myself.

Anyways, though, it is a valid point: since Alcatraz Island was specifically requested by Yuri, then it is natural that the Soviets would begin their investigation there first.

Thus, we will either get a Soviet mission where we attack Alcatraz Island, or we get an Epsilon mission where we have to defend it from the incoming Soviets. The Allies are not invited because they are currently nowhere close to San Fransisco. :p

Edited by WhiteDragon25, 23 December 2013 - 02:14 PM.

I have a Moddb page, if anyone cares to check it out: linky.

I can also be found at the Spacebattles Forums: linky.

#22 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:52 AM

Sorry for the revival of this thread but anyways. I do may consider that Yuri may active the Mental Omega device at the last mission and the Soviets and Allies may join together to defeat him.

The mission titles do say it or so.

3qPyjQ8.png

#23 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega APYR Wiki
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:48 AM

Given from the final missions' names (Hamartia, Death's Hand and Babel), it is highly likely that Yuri will activate the Mental Omega Device to finally make the world under "one mind".

Perhaps the Allies will made a fatal mistake which leads to their downfall and the Soviets will lose their only hope of turning the tide - the Death's Hand "Exterminatus" (judging from its model that can be accessed through map editors, which is a massive version of the Topol-M). About whether they are teaming up against Epsilon, we'll have to wait and see.

Edited by nikitazero678, 22 January 2017 - 02:49 AM.

#24 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:50 AM

My prediction is Act 2 will end with Yuri's victory. I'm under the impression it's meant as a lead-in for a protracted war between Epsilon and Foehn, which will emerge at the end of ACT 2 from a coalition of allied and Chinese scientific think tanks and refugees. Foehn discovers some way to shield their forces (or at least this supposed last bastion base) from long range mind control. Yuri builds the MO device and mind controls the whole world except for Foehn, who's fortress he can't crack. Then, post-apocalyptic style war of resistance (possible Act 3?)

#25 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:05 AM

There's yet any mentions about Mental Omega Device during Act 1 or 2. For all we know it could be in Act 3 or doesn't exist at all

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#26 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:22 AM

I believe that Allies and Soviets will both fail to stop Epsilon. Look at the description of Phantasm for a possible hint. It says that Mirage tank tech got lost in the Chaos of battle of Antarctica. It is for certain that this chaos did not turn out to be good for Allies. It is mostly possible it did not turn out to be good for Soviets either. This do not necessarily mean that both Soviets and Allies got completely annihilated. However, it is for sure that they will mostly get stripped of their offensive power that arises the need for the Foehn Revolt to get to the Scene. From that point, act three or the Foehn campaign comes into effect. Though, there might be some retrospective missions explaining the foundations of Foehn, their connection with Kanegawa and the Chinese. Thus, in the description of Iron Dragon it says that yunru takes part in the development in Kashmir. In the loading screen of first Foehn mission Nobody Home you can also see that it takes place in the same location which shows us that Yunru is at least partially connected with the revolt. In the end I believe that this connection will be further explained in the upcoming missions.

#27 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

I believe that Allies and Soviets will both fail to stop Epsilon. Look at the description of Phantasm for a possible hint. It says that Mirage tank tech got lost in the Chaos of battle of Antarctica. It is for certain that this chaos did not turn out to be good for Allies. It is mostly possible it did not turn out to be good for Soviets either. This do not necessarily mean that both Soviets and Allies got completely annihilated. However, it is for sure that they will mostly get stripped of their offensive power that arises the need for the Foehn Revolt to get to the Scene. From that point, act three or the Foehn campaign comes into effect. Though, there might be some retrospective missions explaining the foundations of Foehn, their connection with Kanegawa and the Chinese. Thus, in the description of Iron Dragon it says that yunru takes part in the development in Kashmir. In the loading screen of first Foehn mission Nobody Home you can also see that it takes place in the same location which shows us that Yunru is at least partially connected with the revolt. In the end I believe that this connection will be further explained in the upcoming missions.

Allies prepares to chop the Mental Omega Device into half.

("Clang!")

Allies"何⁈  (NANI?! / also: 'wot')"

Epsilon: "オラ!  (ORA! / also: 'hue')"

Allies (panicking): "時をとまれ!ザワルドー  (Toki wo tomare! Za warudo--)"

("BAM")

Allies (totally not speaking in a Pacific Front language): "なー何だと?まさか!  (N-nandato? Masaka!)"

Foehn: (after taking the Soviet's blood) "My strength is recovering faster than ever before!"

Epsilon: "てめ…  (you...)"

EDIT: Some attempt at clarity, maybe in the opposite direction.

EDIT 2: Added the Soviet's part. Bonus points for remembering the relationship between Soviet and Epsilon.

Edited by lovalmidas, 22 January 2017 - 10:28 AM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#28 Scud

Scud
  • Members
  • 14 posts
  • Location:Last Bastion civilian refugee, Buenos Aires, Argentina
  •  Haihead's low rank commander

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:06 PM

I just want to see Libra in the campaign. It will be great to see her having a big part in the story, like she gets totally crazy for power and try to take over the command of Epsilon forces. Then Yuri commands you to kill her... I think it will be nice 'cause the campaign has lots of Allieds and Soviets mirrors with none playing as Epsilon and betrayal is something unespect for that faction.

Another option would be to use her in a mission to kill Yunru in a attempt to balance the power bewten Russia and China. That will explain why Yunru didn't tried to join the Foehn faction.

Edited by Scud, 25 January 2017 - 08:40 PM.

EVERY REVOLUTION BEGINS WITH A SPARK...

#29 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

Looking at your signature, I can see why you want that happen :smile2ap:

A double suicide with Yunru eh?

Edited by X1Destroy, 22 January 2017 - 03:46 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#30 Stimpak

Stimpak
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

With the exception of Stormbringer, all of the Allied missions imply a sense of doom and that everything is falling apart.

Most of these missions probably deal with ensuring the completion of technologies to be used by the Foehn.

Stormbringer itself probably has you playing as EA, and is focused on spamming thors bringing the Weather Controller online.

Hamartia implies that one or a bunch of the heroes will die. Since by this mission the Allies and Soviets have probably made nice, this means we'll see the death of Soviet heroes too.

Siegfried escapes to found the Foehn if I recall, and Volkov is "Re-purposed" for use of the Foehn. It would be pretty cool if he were the basis for the VOLKNET AI.

So that leaves Tanya, Norio, Morales, and Yunru to die. Maybe they'll take some Epsilon heroes down with them.

I'm not sure about the fate of the Paradox Engine. Speculation suggests that it will become the Coronia. If that swirling energy under the Engine eventually grows to form a hurricane (As seen in the WoC loading screen) then it will be virtually unassailable. 

The Soviet missions may be more of the same. Noise Severe and Thread of Dread respectively point to Sonic technologies and Nanofiber technologies.

Heartwork probably implies a stealth mission set in Russia.

Power Hunger, I'm not sure. Cyborgs?

Meltdown: Something nuclear. 

Earthrise: Moon mission! Yay!

Death's Hand: A giant MIDAS. Mission is likely about getting it in position to hit the Babel.

Epsilon Missions likely all revolve around cementing Yuri's control and obstructing the formation of the Foehn.

Babel will be the ultimate defensive mission in Mental Omega. A storm of Allied and Soviet units  coming down on the tower in Antarctica. Worse than Juggernaut as you also need to take care of the Death's Hand and (Maybe) the Paradox Engine. Irkalla's description also implies heavy usage of it here.

#31 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:59 PM

I personally think that Juggernaut might actually be start of a sort of "mini-arc" within China, since the original mission 17 was supposed to be set there. And I think Power Hunger was one of the missions that were showcased to be also against China. Which is strange, considering that Russia and China just made peace. There's still the matter of ROC that was kinda introduced from nowhere, and disappearing nowhere from the story in Act 1, it would be weird if that wasn't addressed later, and I'm sure there will be some sort of "revolt" within China that Russia will have to deal with. As I theorized in the Foehn thread, I think these chain of events might lead to Yunru and her actually forming Foehn. Maybe she made VOLKNET too, considering that she was the one who had some extended time analyzing Volkov.

Heroes-wise, I think most of them will die. Tanya and Norio most likely, with Siegfried surviving, considering he got a backup teleport always, and he is likely one of the founders of Foehn. Volkov and Chitzkoi might be compromised in some way. Morales is most likely going to die, considering he is being hunted already. Yunru will survive and is the other founder of Foehn. From Epsilon, Rahn might perish during Babel, while Libra is most likely to survive to make her "world". I think eventually there will be a Scorpion Cell betrayal, and Malver will be killed by the player in a mission. As for the commanders? I wonder. Maybe one of them, or all three will survive to join the Foehn. Or maybe none of them.

#32 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:40 AM

As far as russia fighting china again goes, the answer is simple. Never trust China. Ever........ Ever. 

And I know from old image teasers that heartwork involves a foehn-looking portal thing in a chinese base. 

#33 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

I guess the Allies whom using German-related tech may be the reason why the lose?

3qPyjQ8.png

#34 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

I remember there was once Speeder told us that each and every faction will have their own endings. This might mean that there might be no official canonical endings IMO...

#35 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

That's before the existence of a fourth side was revealed.

#36 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

I remember there was once Speeder told us that each and every faction will have their own endings. This might mean that there might be no official canonical endings IMO...

Well it doesn't happening anyway. Just look at Act I, each connects. Allied's last mission involves the last line of defense in the English Channel to stop the soviets from destroying the defense system. The Soviet's were something afterwards of that. And Yuri's are something in between.

I do say it is a good thing, since they're kinda following the same deal in C@C: Tiberium Wars

3qPyjQ8.png

#37 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

An ACT 1 timeline was made before (https://forums.revor...ssion-timeline/), so yeah, the missions are all connected. It's the same for Act 2, but I think there will be an Act 3 which will be Foehn only, so the story will officially end with them, I think.

Edited by Solais, 27 January 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#38 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

An ACT 1 timeline was made before (https://forums.revor...ssion-timeline/), so yeah, the missions are all connected. It's the same for Act 2, but I think there will be an Act 3 which will be Foehn only, so the story will officially end with them, I think.

Yeah. Still, will be there "mind-controlled" Allied and Soviet forces that are under Epsilon?

3qPyjQ8.png

#39 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

Yeah. Still, will be there "mind-controlled" Allied and Soviet forces that are under Epsilon?

I guess it's possible. Heck, remember the way the Future Tank is now presented? From the look of it, you'd see it as a weapon scavenged by Foehn rather than one used by the Allies.

But speaking of the PF, what about Oceanian nations? We know (somewhat) about Asian countries but not them.

I also think we'll have missions involving cyborgs. If I remember the Giantsbane's description well, they compare it to the Soviet cyborgs prototypes (Although maybe we could see some Allied ones? Lancers make me think of the Hoplites for some reason).

Oh, and a random thought. Will Foehn have a mission in space? And if yes, what about all their sonic technology?

Edited by Hardric62, 31 January 2017 - 06:42 PM.

#40 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

Would be interesting to have a mission on Mars or a space platform. :V

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users