• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

#61 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

hmmmmm care to find me a screenshot of it somewhere?

#62 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

Well, I don't think there is any one. Like I said it's a moment of one of the trailers, the one revealing Foehn for the first time, with the dark green Nukes (Death's Hand?). I don't think there are screenshots of it, but you can watch it.

#63 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:32 PM

Random:
Yunru to be sent to the moon on Earthrise to investigate Yunru.  :p

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#64 siegelad

siegelad
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:39 PM

I wonder about the future of USA (S.S.A now).

Will the Allies try to retake it back from Yuri? or the Soviets will attempt to do so instead?

Let there be light!

#65 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:04 PM

Well, Firewalking was actually about the Soviets maintaining control of the SSA, and it became their main headquarters as Russia has fallen.

#66 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:36 AM

Funny how you are to maintain control, and be the only one who has to send in the MCV.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#67 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:05 AM

Funny how you are to maintain control, and be the only one who has to send in the MCV.

The Allies were ahead of us lol. Don't tell me that MCV of theirs came outta nowhere

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#68 siegelad

siegelad
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

idk if i'm being delusional, but I've seen something different in the Side 4 trailer:

LcIEKAc.jpg

these Sentinels have a different color scheme unlike the Chinese ones, they look more bright, it could confirm that the Chinese indeed have a connection to the Foehn, look at the 0:24 part, it brings more more suspicions about the Foehn mystery.

https://youtu.be/S3OyNXFB3tk?t=24s

Let there be light!

#69 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

It's very suspicious indeed.

Maybe it's one of the missions in the origin prequel story?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#70 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

With the exception of Stormbringer, all of the Allied missions imply a sense of doom and that everything is falling apart.

Most of these missions probably deal with ensuring the completion of technologies to be used by the Foehn.

Stormbringer itself probably has you playing as EA, and is focused on spamming thors bringing the Weather Controller online.

Hamartia implies that one or a bunch of the heroes will die. Since by this mission the Allies and Soviets have probably made nice, this means we'll see the death of Soviet heroes too.

Siegfried escapes to found the Foehn if I recall, and Volkov is "Re-purposed" for use of the Foehn. It would be pretty cool if he were the basis for the VOLKNET AI.

So that leaves Tanya, Norio, Morales, and Yunru to die. Maybe they'll take some Epsilon heroes down with them.

I'm not sure about the fate of the Paradox Engine. Speculation suggests that it will become the Coronia. If that swirling energy under the Engine eventually grows to form a hurricane (As seen in the WoC loading screen) then it will be virtually unassailable. 

The Soviet missions may be more of the same. Noise Severe and Thread of Dread respectively point to Sonic technologies and Nanofiber technologies.

Heartwork probably implies a stealth mission set in Russia.

Power Hunger, I'm not sure. Cyborgs?

Meltdown: Something nuclear. 

Earthrise: Moon mission! Yay!

Death's Hand: A giant MIDAS. Mission is likely about getting it in position to hit the Babel.

Epsilon Missions likely all revolve around cementing Yuri's control and obstructing the formation of the Foehn.

Babel will be the ultimate defensive mission in Mental Omega. A storm of Allied and Soviet units  coming down on the tower in Antarctica. Worse than Juggernaut as you also need to take care of the Death's Hand and (Maybe) the Paradox Engine. Irkalla's description also implies heavy usage of it here.

Now that we have most of Act II's missions out of the way, anyone want to take a guess as to how the plot might end now? :p 

#71 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:02 PM

Allies and Soviets mostly destroyed or mind controlled, Epsilon itself is also crippled, likely even Yuri is dead, but still likely "victorious". But it won't really be "Epsilon" anymore, it will be just Libra and her world.

In the meantime, Yunru forms Foehn probably somewhere around the time of Power Hunger or Thread of Dread, she flees and goes into hiding. Her Revolt likely manages to reach Point Hope, Alaska, where she will find some of the remnants of the Allies and Soviets, just barely escaping the Battle of Antarctica using a final charge of the Chronosphere on the Paradox Engine, piloted by Siegfried. Hiding the remains of the Paradox Engine underground, Siegfried, Yunru and the Remnants retreat to a bunker maintained by Volknet, and enter the Conscious Slumber.

A few decades pass as humanity itself regressed into a vegetative state by constant doses of violent and uncontrolled mind control beams. There might be other immune remnants around the world, but it is a world of decay, almost similar to a zombie apocalypse. It is Hell on Earth.

And then, the Foehn arise when the time is right. That "tiny" bunker has since evolved into the Last Bastion. The repaired and upgraded Paradox Engine takes to the skies, now called Coronia, its mission is to find the Queen of Hell. A large nomadic taskforce is sent out to all corners of the world, retaking the surface for those who it belongs to. This taskforce is the spearhead of the shark. Haihead. Cue "The Remnant".

At least, that's how I'm seeing it. :V

Edited by Solais, 19 March 2017 - 11:03 PM.

#72 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:28 PM

Allies and Soviets mostly destroyed or mind controlled, Epsilon itself is also crippled, likely even Yuri is dead, but still likely "victorious". But it won't really be "Epsilon" anymore, it will be just Libra and her world.

In the meantime, Yunru forms Foehn probably somewhere around the time of Power Hunger or Thread of Dread, she flees and goes into hiding. Her Revolt likely manages to reach Point Hope, Alaska, where she will find some of the remnants of the Allies and Soviets, just barely escaping the Battle of Antarctica using a final charge of the Chronosphere on the Paradox Engine, piloted by Siegfried. Hiding the remains of the Paradox Engine underground, Siegfried, Yunru and the Remnants retreat to a bunker maintained by Volknet, and enter the Conscious Slumber.

A few decades pass as humanity itself regressed into a vegetative state by constant doses of violent and uncontrolled mind control beams. There might be other immune remnants around the world, but it is a world of decay, almost similar to a zombie apocalypse. It is Hell on Earth.

And then, the Foehn arise when the time is right. That "tiny" bunker has since evolved into the Last Bastion. The repaired and upgraded Paradox Engine takes to the skies, now called Coronia, its mission is to find the Queen of Hell. A large nomadic taskforce is sent out to all corners of the world, retaking the surface for those who it belongs to. This taskforce is the spearhead of the shark. Haihead. Cue "The Remnant".

At least, that's how I'm seeing it. :V

You very well could be right about the Foehn Revolt....although that still leave a lot of questions as to what is happening with Epsilon in between what we have now and the final few missions that take place afterwards. I presume Yuri is still in charge of Epsilon at this point. (Unless there is some in-fighting that takes place within Epsilon, that would be very interesting to say the least) 

The final mission of Allied Act II will probably involve a lot of dead heros.  :thumbsupxd:  Soviet's last mission involves some sort of Death's Head superweapon (Boidmachine anyone?) and Epsilon's mission will involve defending the Mental Omega device prior to activation. This defense mission will probably involve a LOT of triggers at some point. It will be pretty darn interesting to say the least. :) hehe 

Those are all my guesses as to what happens at this point. 

#73 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:51 PM

I still have to mention to the speculation that "Babel" doesn't refer to the Tower of Babel, but often refers to the biblical event itself. The event when an united humanity, speaking the same language, thinking the same ideas, have been thrown into eternal and perpetual chaos by not being able to understand each other anymore. All starting with the Biblical God striking down the tower that stood as a symbol of humanity's unity in language and thought.

Edited by Solais, 19 March 2017 - 11:53 PM.

#74 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:17 AM

Yeah, that sounds like the Proselyte betraying Yuri in the last moment, or someone toppling down his last weapon just when it was active.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#75 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

lol so are we now referring back to Mental Omega 2.0 when the Epsilon commander betrays Yuri? 

#76 Hardric62

Hardric62
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:59 PM

Concerning the Foehn Origins missions... Does anybody think the Nobody ome mission could happen before Heartwork, and involve Yunru and some units produced by the facility? The direction of the offensive showed on the loading screen fits the location of the facility, and having the bulk of their cyborg battalions away could expain why the Chinese aren't 'upset'. Besides, if their base is destroyed, survivors of the mission could fade away without the Russians know about their existence...

#77 Nevermore2790

Nevermore2790
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • Projects:Crossover Series

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:15 AM

I'm predicting this on the last missions. In "Death's Hand," Soviet forces will retake Russia from Yuri. The mission was a success until "it" launches a missile to your location. All or MOST of Russia has been DESTROYED by it. In "Hamartia," the setting will take place in Antarctica. Your mission is to capture a very mysterious device, and prevent it from activating. The capture was a success. However, this was Yuri's plan all along. The device itself has activated a countdown. Followed by "Babel," where Epsilon forces will defend the device from the Allies, and somewhat remnants of Soviet forces who escaped from the wrath of the Death's Hand, and wanting revenge. There are massive casualties on ALL sides. Then, after a long battle, the device has been activated. Many commanders, proselytes were lost in battle alongside with some of their equipment including the Allies' Mirage Tank.

I'm still predicting that Scorpion Cell will betray Yuri once they have known Yuri's ultimate plan.

Edited by Nevermore2790, 22 March 2017 - 04:19 AM.

#78 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:22 AM

I'm predicting this on the last missions. In "Death's Hand," Soviet forces will retake Russia from Yuri. The mission was a success until "it" launches a missile to your location. All or MOST of Russia has been DESTROYED by it. In "Hamartia," the setting will take place in Antarctica. Your mission is to capture a very mysterious device, and prevent it from activating. The capture was a success. However, this was Yuri's plan all along. The device itself has activated a countdown. Followed by "Babel," where Epsilon forces will defend the device from the Allies, and somewhat remnants of Soviet forces who escaped from the wrath of the Death's Hand, and wanting revenge. There are massive casualties on ALL sides. Then, after a long battle, the device has been activated. Many commanders, proselytes were lost in battle alongside with some of their equipment including the Allies' Mirage Tank.

I'm still predicting that Scorpion Cell will betray Yuri once they have known Yuri's ultimate plan.

Wait....so does Irkalla rise from the dead after Godsend? 

#79 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:25 AM

Nothing to say Yuri can't just build another one.  Heck, maybe there'll be several defending Antarctica in the last Allies mission.

#80 umbracatervae

umbracatervae

Might Makes Right

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

My guess is the Allies and Soviets gaining upper hand for the unknown act 2 missions, but that's all just a bait for Mental Omega Device.

8gxY9XM.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users