• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

Try downloading the patches manually.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#383 noblanqgg

noblanqgg
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hey guys,

sorry for my bad english

Today I installed BFME 1, 2 and RotWK following these steps. BFME1 worked perfectly on first try but BFME2 and RotWK are stopping working since it opens

Tried almost everything: Options.ini problem, launch as admin, some fixers, etc...

Tried too ran windows 10 on safe mode, there the game opens normally

My windows 10 is x64 with AMD RX 550

#384 Flashedmind

Flashedmind
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:09 AM

It seems like the AMD drivers aren't compatible, as stated by a guy on page 19 

Edit: SOME drivers

Edited by Flashedmind, 31 December 2017 - 09:09 AM.

#385 Capy

Capy
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:42 AM

Everything went perfectly fine except for the very last part involving the Witch King expansion. After I installed the 2.02 patch and tried launching it I get a crash and an error message that looks like this:

5UxekEI.png

Any ideas what went wrong/what I may have done wrong?

Edit: I fixed it the day after. I never got the 2.01 patch before 2.02 so I did that now and also switched the bfm2 patch from 1.9 to 1.6 wich made it work.

Edited by Capy, 03 January 2018 - 12:31 PM.

#386 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

Set bfme2 to patch 1.06, not 1.09.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#387 goldensoul

goldensoul
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

So why do you not tell people to use the Origin version of RotWK?

It's free if you have a valid key and it works without a disc (or image) and also without the Origin Client running. All you need is to download through Origin and then authenticate at first start with your Origin account details.

the Origin version of RotWK is 2.00 version and cannot be updated to new version, if u do, u will lost your nocd.

#388 matt125

matt125
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:14 PM

Hi!

I am trying to download the 2.02 patch of RotWK and have followed your directions closely. However, I get this error screen when I start the program. The error says:

"Program: ...e Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\game.dat

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have windows 10 if it means anything and have reinstalled the game three times now, avoiding the mini images mounting and the 2.01 origin update that I did the previous times. I am also running bfme2 on 1.06 as needed. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Edited by matt125, 17 January 2018 - 11:26 PM.

#389 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

Does the normal game run fine without community patches or our launcher? Bfme2 works too?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#390 matt125

matt125
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

So Bfme2 works totally fine. I used this install guide to do everything: https://www.gamerepl...owtopic=1000430 (in case there is some file issues on bfme2's side). I also use the bfme2 patch switcher to go between the 1.06 and 1.09 updates.

But RotWK doesn't work through any of the community patches. When I run the base game, it simply says to insert the CD to start the game. I did use WinCDEmu to mount everything if it makes any difference.

Edited by matt125, 18 January 2018 - 01:11 PM.

#391 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

Install the latest rotwk community patch and make sure it replaces the game.dat. You might have to do that yourself. Afterwards it should not ask for the CD anymore.

#392 Miraak5

Miraak5

title available

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Patch 2.02, Wars of the North, BFME1 1.08 Complete Edition
  •  BIG coding, Map scripting and AI coding

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

can i play bfme2 T3a only with 1.06 ? because i hate 1.09 features and graphic change

He was the first...

#393 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:31 PM

Yes you can.

#394 matt125

matt125
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

I have the full installer for 2.02 yet it still doesn't work. When I try to change the update to 2.01, the program freezes and stops working. I can't seem to find any manual patch for 2.02

#395 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

The new game.dat should be linked somewhere in the forums, try to replace your current one manually.

#396 Miraak5

Miraak5

title available

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • Projects:ROTWK Patch 2.02, Wars of the North, BFME1 1.08 Complete Edition
  •  BIG coding, Map scripting and AI coding

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

i know how to fix the freeze of the 2.02 launcher you need to run it as administrator

He was the first...

#397 rnddude

rnddude
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 12:17 AM

Hi folks :) first of all thx for the amazing work :)

I've my cds of all 3 games in front of me and I've already installed every game on my pc from the original cds.

Since i don't like leaving those CDs inside the trey (too afraid they could be damaged) and i'm too lazy to search for them everytime i want to play (damn you steam with your on-demand games), I downloaded the mini-images and mounted them with winCDEmu. 

BFME2 and ROTWK (with the latest edain mod installed!) works perfectly fine :) 

Unfortunately the iso file for BFME1 (since there's no mini image for this one) isn't recognized by the game. The game is moded (ElvenstarMod, the first mod I installed back then in 2005 and still rockin it :D ), but so is ROTWK and this works with the mounted mini image. 

Any ideas what could solve the problem? Don't want to copy/paste an onther "game.dat" since it won't work prop with the mod I've installed. 

Thx in advance :)

#398 selimyc

selimyc
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

Dear friends, thank you for the games. I have installed bfme 2 without a problem. However I couldn't start to install the first game. I am mounting the iso file without a problem. However, when I click autorun, the setup menu doesn't show up. Windows warning issues that the iso file could be broken. 

Also, when ı was downloading the iso file for bfme (first game) the server was slow, (download speed was 7-20kb per second). Maybe when it was downloading, the file was corrupt. Could anyone please upload the first game's iso file to another server. 

Many thanks.

#399 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:19 PM

Try the mirror, but usually the main download is quick.

#400 mb808

mb808
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:55 PM

Hey I managed to get every game working using the instructions provided without a disc, however, i cannot play Rotwk 2.01 without a disk (Patch 2.02 does work however), which i need to be able to do to play the Edain Mod. Does anyone know of the solution? I tried mounting one of the Rotwk mini images but that didnt seem to do anything.

Edited by mb808, 13 February 2018 - 07:19 PM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users