[BFME1/BFME2/ROTWK] Games Download & Installation Guide

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#341 nikolapetrovic

nikolapetrovic
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

I have a question. I installed BFME1 and installed patches but when i start the game it runs but wont go in game it just lowers the window down and i cant get in game pls help

#342 waltholmes

waltholmes
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:40 PM

My BFME 1 is giving me EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION stating that the thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have appropriate acccess. The bigger problem is that my BFME 2 and the RotWK will accept the disk, start to load but then I get that it has just stopped working, the patches are up to date AFAIK

#343 TheHodge514

TheHodge514
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:48 PM

I have been looking everywhere in this forum for the instructions for fixing the options.ini file. Would you mind re-posting the steps for that? or possibly provide the link to the discussion board that covers that fix?

I grew up with these games and am SO thrilled at what you guys have done with this. I fixed all other issues, but am still getting the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION when attempting to run the program (even as admin).

Thank you in advance for your time!

*This is for BFME1 btw*

Edited by TheHodge514, 04 December 2017 - 09:48 PM.

#344 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:39 PM

The instructions are in the pinned topic in this very subforum that deals with the game crash.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#345 TheHodge514

TheHodge514
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:18 AM

Special thanks to all of the instructions.

If you follow the direction to the letter then it really does work.

FYI for Windows 10 users, I found the easiest way to access the folder was by copying :"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming"  (p.s. make sure you replace your username instead of "USERNAME") into the Search bar at the bottom.

Once I did that it popped right up. For some reason when I tried going through Run or File Explorer i couldn't locate the file.

Another note is my file name was "My Battle for Middle-Earth Files" not BFME.

Something else that wasn't quite clear, is that you need to save the options.ini file in the parent folder NOT in the Maps folder that you create.

Hope this helps someone and I look forward to playing online with everyone soon!

#346 libertyyyyy

libertyyyyy
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

Tried to install bfme2 but windows 10 gives the message "this app can't be installed on your pc, ask the manufacturer for a version for your pc" (or something like that, i translated it from Dutch). Is there someone with a solution for this problem?

#347 libertyyyyy

libertyyyyy
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

ok got it to work. But i followed all instructions, and now when i start bfmeII multiplayer, the game wants to search for updates. I'm afraid when i update the game, it doesn't work anymore.

#348 king3bbas

king3bbas
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:41 AM

please guys help 

i downloaded BFME 2 for 10 times now and every time it gives a diffrent Error
the last time 
i have an strang error i can't find the BFME entir folder in the Romaing folder
and when i press the .exe of the game i find the desktop shortcut isn't connected and when i go to the game folder in program files i have the error massage i attach with this replay
(windows can't find C/program files (x86)/electronic arts/lord.exe . make sure you tybed the name correctly and then try again)
plz help guys

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

#349 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

Tried to install bfme2 but windows 10 gives the message "this app can't be installed on your pc, ask the manufacturer for a version for your pc" (or something like that, i translated it from Dutch). Is there someone with a solution for this problem?

Did you follow our installation instructions in the first post? At which step exactly do your get this problem?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#350 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

please guys help 

the last time 
and when i press the .exe of the game i find the desktop shortcut isn't connected and when i go to the game folder in program files i have the error massage i attach with this replay
(windows can't find C/program files (x86)/electronic arts/lord.exe . make sure you tybed the name correctly and then try again)
plz help guys

Did you install the game itself? Did you follow the instructions step by step? Which step is causing the problem?

#351 Olorin_The_Wise

Olorin_The_Wise
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

Hello guys, first of all i want to say how happy i am to see all those people helping each other for the game we all love.

Now my turn to ask for your help.

I just downloaded the BFME2 following the instruction i saw in the pinned topic. However the game is not running. Actually i noticed that the installation was completed super fast. Does anyone have anything in mind considering my problem?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I tried both download links and i opened the .iso with both DeamonTools and Alcohol but i got the same result!

Edited by Olorin_The_Wise, 18 December 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#352 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

Which step exactly is not working? What is the problem exactly?

#353 Olorin_The_Wise

Olorin_The_Wise
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:44 PM

After the installation is finished and i copied my .dat file to programm files i ran the .exe, i get the screen that loads the game and then it just shuts down. Sometimes i get a message that the programm has stopped working

#354 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:34 PM

Did you try to fix your options.ini ? It's pinned next to this topic.

#355 Olorin_The_Wise

Olorin_The_Wise
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

I tried but again nothing happens. Now the start screen just stays there and the game does not start. Should i have done this before i applied the patch?

#356 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

Maybe you saved it as an options.ini.txt instead of an options.ini

Also run as admin and in win xp sp3 compatibility mode.

#357 Olorin_The_Wise

Olorin_The_Wise
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

Ok i made another clean install and now it is ok! Thanks for your time!! Appreciate it!

#358 ViuluVaulu

ViuluVaulu
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

I have autodefeat issue with rotwk. BFME 2 works just fine, I've tried downloading and installing rotwk from forshire and here by the instructions with no luck. I previously fixed this issue with cdkeyfixer, but had to reinstall the game and this time can't get it to work. I have not bought any of the games. Any suggestions to fix this. And I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling many many times but still get rekt in 3:30.

#359 ViuluVaulu

ViuluVaulu
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

I have autodefeat issue with rotwk. BFME 2 works just fine, I've tried downloading and installing rotwk from forshire and here by the instructions with no luck. I previously fixed this issue with cdkeyfixer, but had to reinstall the game and this time can't get it to work. I have not bought any of the games. Any suggestions to fix this? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling many many times but still get rekt in 3:30.

#360 king3bbas

king3bbas
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:23 AM

please guys help 

the last time 
plz help guys

Did you install the game itself? Did you follow the instructions step by step? Which step is causing the problem?

i followed the instructions exactly in this post and this problem happens in both virsions i have the one i have on dvd and the one i got from hereand this problem of disappearing roaming folder happen after i fully download the game before that the problem was the commen missing dll filles

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)