[BFME1/BFME2/ROTWK] Games Download & Installation Guide

• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

#41 Before

Before
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

Also the mini-image was a .rar, which alcohol 52% did not recognize as a CD thing. Not sure if that's an issue.

It is. The mini-image is found within the .rar. Extract it.

Well that might be an issue. But when I fixed that it crashed, the same error as before. I clicked "Show problem details" and it mentions:

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Now when I check my Rise of the Witch King folder and the two mounted images, neither of them contain that DLL. Could that be an issue?

#42 Before

Before
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

For RotWK

When you download the 2.02 patch, navigate to your Electronic Arts folder and find "Unofficial202Launcher.exe". You can create a shortcut from it, and you don't need to have the CDs mounted.

I also strongly recommend you use Alcohol52% rather than Daemon tools, it's much easier to navigate and use.

Edited by Before, 11 June 2016 - 04:40 PM.

#43 Gazdush

Gazdush
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:40 AM

Is it possible to play ROTWK special edition with the original bfme2 non special edition?

#44 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:17 AM

Probably, but why would you do it if you can get both clean?

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#45 Gazdush

Gazdush
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:23 PM

Already have the original bfme2 installed and didn't want to bother downloading the special edition with my shitty net :/

#46 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:34 PM

I'm not sure if that would work. You'd have to try...

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#47 Gazdush

Gazdush
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:37 PM

I'm downloading the expansion now... It says it'll take 18 hours lol... If ya have any tips for how to get it to work even tho we don't know if it'll work I'd appreciate it :D

#48 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:45 AM

When I download RotWK - it says it will take 4.30 hours to complete. It must be your internet.

Google Chrome can pause the download. So, if the time it will take is an issue and an inconvenience, then pause it during the day and download it at night.

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 18 July 2016 - 12:47 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#49 Mako

Mako
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:21 AM

I'm not sure if that would work. You'd have to try...

Ye. In my case, long time ago, worked. But imo or all special edition or all clean.

#50 Gazdush

Gazdush
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

Alright it worked :D Can play rotwk special with non special bfme II

#51 Before

Before
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

Woohoo!! It's a great game :D gl

#52 Gazdush

Gazdush
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:17 PM

Woohoo!! It's a great game :D gl

Thanks man! Attempted brutal dif against rohan in bfme2 lil bit ago and instantly regretted it :'(

#53 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:06 AM

I decided to reinstall BfME 2 because I kept on having issues with its Worldbuilder. This is the second time it has been installed on this computer and the first time was with my original Collector's Edition disk, and to actually play the game I used an iso that I had downloaded from somewhere (might have been the one here) the .iso's worked perfectly fine before with my latest copy of the newest version of Deamon Tools Lite (10.4 and it is the free version), as shown in an image below it has no problem mounting to SCSI - but I don't know if it is a bug or what.

So I reinstalled the game using the downloads and instructions here.

First issue is that the Deamon Tools Lite listed here does not work on my Windows 10.

While installing SCSI Pass Through Direct there is a message that says that it is not compatible with this version of Windows 10. image

I also got a virus warning from the program, obviously a false positive and I don't know how much it screwed with the installation process. image

Nevertheless I persisted and then continually had this issue. I would install it and then restart the computer only to see it again. image

So I installed the latest version of Deamon Tools Lite and as you can see it will mount to SCSI. image

This is my issue. I have tried many various compatability settings. Or course, I actually have no idea what I am doing. =p image

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 24 July 2016 - 02:07 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#54 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:48 AM

Can you try using Alcohol 52 instead of Daemon Tools?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#55 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 25 July 2016 - 03:12 AM

It works! Yayay! =D

So the issue must be with Daemon Tools. Therefore, I recommend replacing the archaic version of Daemon Tools and putting up Alcohol 52% and linking a guide on how to use it in the main post.

Although, as before I still cannot play SEE Beta 4.5? That is a question for another time and another topic. =p

#56 Timu

Timu
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

Hello,

i am a fan of bfme2 and would love to play this game again . Unfortunalety i lost my bfme2 cd ( still got the rotwk and bfme1) this is why i downloaded the bfme special edition and the no cd crack from "thebfme2.com". I was able to install the game but did not manage it to run the game without a cd even considering the instructions of the video guide. I hope here is someone who can help me to run the game on my pc. I even offer a small payment via paypal.

best regards

Timu

#57 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:16 PM

Hey,

you don't need to give money to anyone, just follow the instructions here in this topic (first post) - you might want to consider using alcohol 52% instead of daemon tools to mount the mini images (see the guide) if you have windows10.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#58 Timu

Timu
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:35 PM

I did, but i did not manage to run this game without pc. I have like 0 techincal knowledge. And I use windows 7. THX anyways for the very quick response. Would you mind to help me via teamviewer or simply explain why it still says no cd? 

#59 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

What exactly have you attempted to do to get it to run without a CD? Please be very precise. What files did you try to mount in what program, etc.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#60 Timu

Timu
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

I downloaded the game from thebfme.com , i already did this some years ago and back then it worked. I used DT and the MI-BFME2 images which i also downloaded on thebfme.com . I unzipped those 2 images in a new folder within the bfme2 folder . Then i tried to start the game by opening this MI-BFME2 image . I also tried to open it by clicking on the bmfe2 symbol but then it said no cd. 

thx for your help btw

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users