[BFME1/BFME2/ROTWK] Games Download & Installation Guide

• Please log in to reply
901 replies to this topic

#81 Geminiq

Geminiq
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:56 AM

Hi, first I want to thank you guys for the guide, it was a bit frustrating to get it going but I had a hooray moment when it finally loaded doing the mini-image on daemon tools (that I had to find a later version that works with windows 10)

The game runs, but only if i set the patch switcher to version 1.00, i keep getting the CD-Rom is needed message if I try to open BFME2 on the 1.06 or the 1.08 patch. I am not sure if there has already been a quick fix for this or what I should do at this point. The game runs great at 1.00, but I read all the great features of the 1.08 patch and thought I must have this fixed at some point! Plus to play online with others.

#82 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:41 AM

Did you install all patches manually before installing the patchswitcher?

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#83 Geminiq

Geminiq
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

Hi, no I havent tried doing them manually, I just used the patchswitcher. What steps do i take to patch them manually? I believe I went to this post: http://www.gamerepla...howtopic=937340 to get the patchswitcher.

I dont know if this has anything to do with it, but windows sends a message that SCSI virtual drive is not compatiable with windows 10. It will open though with patch 1.00

Edited by Geminiq, 01 October 2016 - 05:01 PM.

#84 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

You said you followed the guide in the first post? The necessary patches are linked there one by one, please install them. 

You can try to use Alcohol52% to mount the mini images.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#85 Geminiq

Geminiq
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 11:08 PM

Ok, I went back through the guide and I downloaded 1.06 and did it manually, then the link for the 1.08 is the patchswitcher itself, I downloaded it again and I used the patchswitcher to go to 1.08. Again, on Dameon tools, using the mini-image, it only works with patch 1.00.

I downloaded Alcohol 120% and mounted the BFME2 iso and for some reason it wont upload the mini-image, the MDS file thats 9kb, it only mounts the the ISO. (Dameon tools mounts both)

Again, using Alcohol 120%, the game loads on 1.00, but not on 1.06 or 1.08. I also downloaded the T3A:online and it pops up with the button to launch BFME.

Is there anything else I could try?

#86 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

See https://forums.revor...-3#entry1034942 and following posts.

You definitely have to find a way to mount this file http://online.the3rd...sc/MI-BFME2.rar to SCSI.

#87 Geminiq

Geminiq
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:19 PM

I got it working on 1.08! After switching programs twice and then going back to daemon tools, it finally got past the No CD message with the original ISO and not using the mini-image.. I am not sure what happened that was different, perhaps a different version of Daemon tools.

Also I think I got malware from Alcohol 52%, but hope its quarantined.

All worth it at least its up and running, havent played the game in like 10 years...  Also, whats the easiest way to play online, T3A:online or gameranger?

#88 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 02 October 2016 - 08:55 PM

There shouldn't be any malware if you downloaded it from official sources.

Congrats and have fun playing! https://t3aonline.net/ is our server, enjoy.

#89 Plokite_Wolf

Plokite_Wolf

File hoarder

• Members
  • 2,294 posts
  •  Parce mihi, Domine, quia Dalmata sum.

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:19 PM

Also I think I got malware from Alcohol 52%, but hope its quarantined.

The program is safe, it's your antivirus that's paranoid.

Administrator of CNCNZ.com and EVA Database, the C&C Wiki

You are also welcome to make use of my archives of official files:

C&C File Archive | BFME File Archive | Dune File Archive

#90 Fruiteater

Fruiteater
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:58 AM

Hi! I followed the instructional video http://www.thebfme.c.../downloads.html, but can't find where to set my online password in settings; this doesn't appear on my general settings page. Has something changed since the linked video?

#91 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:35 AM

The website you linked is not our website and the guide there seems to be outdated.

You can have a look at https://forums.revor...with-t3aonline/ or in short follow http://t3aonline.net/setup

#92 Fruiteater

Fruiteater
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:27 PM

thanks!

#93 Man42

Man42
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:19 PM

Hi guys,

At first thanks for the tutorial I never had achievement this so far.

But I have a problem with the "option.ini" I think it's that, that make my game crash.

I'm running with windows 8.1

I can go to http://prnt.sc/d0515i and when I launch the game it freeze to this http://prnt.sc/d052cd and say that a program made this fail.

i followed what they said for the option.ini but I think I made something fasle

http://prnt.sc/d04zcl

and thanks again for your work  :thumbsuphappy:

#94 Man42

Man42
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:20 PM

i'm trying to play with BFME2

#95 MRS80

MRS80
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:57 PM

Make sure to mount the mini image to "SCSI". Eventually consult the manual. You made sure to mount the mini image and not the actual game disc?

I know its too late to say thank you but ......

Thank you!

I'm sorry for it. :facepalm: 

#96 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

I'm glad you figured it out in the end ;). Enjoy the game!

#97 XDrake

XDrake
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 07:02 PM

Is the T3A:Online support for ROTWK still a thing or is it pointless to wait for it?

#98 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:31 PM

The honest answer is that it's basically working, but has not been deployed yet.

#99 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

We hope to get it deployed this December.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#100 Flashedmind

Flashedmind
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

Hello,

Using windows 10 64-bit, I think I'm not only talking for myself here: can we set up some general installation process for the game (including programs that work or don't, patch fixers that can be used or not and a step by step guide?)

Anyway, this ^ is optional. My real question is: does this work on windows 10 and if so, to which things should I pay attention to avoid errors? I'd like to use daemon tools but if i want to install 4.46.1 it says: windows 10 doesn't support this app any longer. 

Thanks in advance

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users