[BFME1/BFME2/ROTWK] Games Download & Installation Guide

• Please log in to reply
900 replies to this topic

#161 Randall

Randall
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:09 PM

Hey plz helpme , i downloaded the game but this happens.

when can i find the No Cd image

Attached Thumbnails

• Sin t

#162 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Online Admin

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

Didn't you use 

1. Install the latest patches with our all in one patch 1.06 installer (installs 1.03, 1.05, 1.06 and can also install our launcher which is all you need)

?

If you did, make sure to run as admin and in winxp sp3 compability mode.

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#163 Randall

Randall
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:03 AM

yes i did all the steps

installed the game-witouth run installed the patch, i made as admin and compatibility mode win xp sp3.

, but couldnt run it on windows 10,

how can i make it run propertly.

#164 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:24 AM

And it still gives you the no-cd error? That's impossible if the patches are installed.

If your game doesn't load instead read https://forums.revor...-8#entry1049521

(and make sure you have the options.ini file in your bfme1 directory)

"To know what question we may reasonably propose is in itself a strong evidence of sagacity or intelligence. For if a question be in itself incongruous and begs for uncalled-for answers, it holds, sometimes, besides embarrassing the proposer, the disadvantage to seduce the unguarded listener into giving absurd answers, and we are presented with the ridiculous spectacle of one (as the ancients said) milking the he-goat, and the other holding a sieve beneath."

#165 Randall

Randall
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:09 PM

ICT bro , i did all the steps,

installed the game

patchs and installed the T3A , put the options.ini,

i launch on GR , and the game doesnt start .

what should i do.

Attached Thumbnails

• sss.png

#166 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:55 PM

Randall, obviously we don't give support for other software..

Can you run the game normally?

What's in the %TMP% directory T3A launcher logfile?

#167 Randall

Randall
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:43 PM

ICT bro i did played THX, i can play the game on english version , but in spanish i have a issue when i do the options ini copy.

#168 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

ICT bro i did played THX, i can play the game on english version , but in spanish i have a issue when i do the options ini copy.

That's weird, but the directory (my battle for middle earth files..) is probably the spanish version then.

#169 Svusen

Svusen
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:02 PM

Hi I've tried to fix it on win 8 but when I start the game it load for a few sec then crash. Is it windows 8 that make it that way or have I missed anything? I checked mostly all things even fixed the Options.ini aswell and downloaded patched everything but not the latest 2.0.2 bat file. Is It possible to get help through teamviewer or if you know what else I might check 

Thanks 

#170 Jokuc

Jokuc

Hardcore Procrastinator

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  Mapper

Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:10 AM

I haven't installed any of this yet because as soon as I use the patch switcher, bfme2 WorldBuilder stops working. The patch itself works but I want to make maps. I install bfme2 normally --> wb works just fine. I then use the patch switcher to 1.08 --> "WorldBuilder.exe EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" I tried this regedit fix but nothing. I also tried to re-install the game and patches but still no luck.

Any ideas?

Edited by Jokuc, 10 March 2017 - 03:16 AM.

#171 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:51 AM

Worldbuilder doesn't work on BfME II 1.08.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#172 Gino7774

Gino7774
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

Hello I just downloaded BFME 1 and I keep getting this "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM" message. Did I install the game wrong? How do I fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also when I try to install the update it gives me download faield message saying " A connection to the server could not be established" how can I fix this?

Edited by Gino7774, 18 March 2017 - 03:44 AM.

#173 Master_S

Master_S
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

Hey guys,

I just found out about this server. This was my favorite game back in the day.

I followed all the steps for the BFME II install, but I can't seem to get it working with patch 1.06 and 1.08. Keeps asking to put in the right DVD. I tried different virtual drives (Alcohol52 and Daemon Lite) and using the mini image. It only seems to work with version 1.00.

I am using Windows 10 64bit version. Only version 1.00 seems to work.

Any suggestions ?

#174 Alachas

Alachas
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:15 PM

Hi all,

I got all nostalgic and decided to re-install the BFME series on my PC, then discovered that it wasn't going to be that easy to play online anymore. Before I go any further, I just want to say a big thanks to all those that have worked to keep they games alive!

The problem I'm having is that when I use the BFME1 "all-in-one" installer, I get the following error "Download failed: A connection with the server could not be established". I've tried everything (including completely disabling my firewall) and nothing seems to work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before or know of a solution?

Cheers,

Alachas

Attached Thumbnails

• download_failed.jpg

#175 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

Hmm, I can't test it at the moment, does anyone else have this problem?

You can try to install the patches one by one 

Download and install patch 1.03 --> http://www.the3rdage...tem-364?addview

Download and install patch 1.05 --> http://www.the3rdage...tem-779?addview

Download and install patch 1.06 --> http://www.the3rdage.net/download-1767

Download and install the T3a Client --> http://online.the3rd...BFME1_1.5.3.msi

If you want to have big zoom out, install this as well --> http://www.the3rdage...tem-788?addview

#176 Alachas

Alachas
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:28 AM

Thanks ICT. I downloaded and installed them individually and that worked.

#177 jonny_pasta

jonny_pasta
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

Hi all,

I can confirm that the guide for BFME 2 is not working right now. Group of 3 people tried it, it doesn't work for either of them, same issue.

What have we done:

• downloaded and installed the game mirror
  • installed patches up to 1.08
  • installed t3a client
  • mounted the mini mirror
  • fixed options.ini
  • ran the game as admin

It says "insert a valid dvd into your rom" error for all of us. We are all using win 10 64-bit.

Thanks for any advices

#178 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

Did you mount to SCSI? Which tool do you use to mount the mini images? There's an issue with win10 regarding virtual drives.

#179 Master_S

Master_S
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

Did you mount to SCSI? Which tool do you use to mount the mini images? There's an issue with win10 regarding virtual drives.

I tried Daemon Lite (newest version though as the one in the install guide isn't compatible with Win10) and Alcohol52%. Both give the insert DVD error.

#180 ICT

ICT

-

• Veterans
  • 3,075 posts
  •  -- MOC --

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

And did you mount to SCSI?

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users