Photo

MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

Best Answer Speeder, 05 April 2024 - 11:38 AM

news_commonissues.png

This is a list of the most common technical issues that users might encounter trying to play Mental Omega, including using it with Steam/EA App.

The Steam/EA App test fix can be downloaded from our Discord's #support_solutions section for now.

Solutions to these problems on:
- Discord: https://mentalomega.com/discord
(support_solutions & support channels)
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1430 replies to this topic

#621 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:20 AM

just follow the guide in the site. The procedure should be quite easy

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#622 jimburger

jimburger
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:37 AM

Hey.

Problem with running this game on Windows 8.1. Installed everything correctly, from Ultimate Collection. When on the loading screen my friend who has Windows 8.1 the game will just refuse to load. And then after about a minute, I'll enter the game, auto win and then exit to desktop.

So the mod is unplayable on Windows 8.1 I assume?

Edited by jimburger, 17 September 2017 - 07:01 AM.

#623 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:52 AM

I wonder if there will be a complete internal error deciphering for Ares and RA2. Relying on Modenc list is not so helpful since some errors are not listed

Exception handler fired! Exception C0000005 at 004C2C19

Anybody can inquire me what this means?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#624 Chublis

Chublis
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

This mod is incredibly janky. It was quite fiddly to get working at all (which is fair enough) but i've thus far not successfully got through a single skirmish game without a crash.

Firstly, the only way I can get it to run at all is at 2560x1440 resolution and in borderless windowed mode (fullscreen just yields a black screen).

Secondly, after a few minutes, the screen will freeze but the game will keep 'working'.

If the screen doesn't freeze it just crashes with an error message. This happens almost immediately or within 10 or so minutes. 

Edited by Chublis, 20 September 2017 - 11:02 PM.

#625 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:49 AM

@Handepsilon: Without anything else, like the except.txt file or a full crash dump, I can't tell you much. The crash happened when a unit was destroyed (C++ way, not by shooting at it). The game wanted to mark an electric bolt that unit was (apparently) emitting as now ownerless. Either that bolt data was corrupted, or the unit being destroyed had some corrupted memory. Can't tell without more info. Could also be something else.

"Some"? ModEnc lists only a handful of errors, which came up very often. It's supposed to be a quick reference for the most frequently encountered problems. It's not supposed to give reasons for every possible crash, and such a list would have at least millions of items (most of which wouldn't tell you what exactly went wrong). Also, the addresses for the game exe are fixed, but loaded dlls' adresses (Ares, operating system, drivers) change all the time, at least with every new version. So, usually work needs to be done to investigate each crash manually and find out what happened.

@Chublis: What does the error message say?

Edited by AlexB, 21 September 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#626 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:25 AM

ah, this might have something to so with me modifying Typhoon to fire Railguneer projectile then

EDIT : I've attached the except.txt that occured when the crash happens (this one only crashed me while not crashing my partner, StolenTech). Here's the map that caused the crash for better references https://cdn.discorda...48/parallel.map

Attached Files

Edited by Handepsilon, 21 September 2017 - 07:46 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#627 Chublis

Chublis
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

@Alex B Something along the lines of 'the main executable for Yuri's revenge has stopped working'.

*Edit* https://puu.sh/xFU4n/d48c14a303.jpg

Edited by Chublis, 22 September 2017 - 06:56 AM.

#628 MrBlack!

MrBlack!
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

Hey guys,

Ive been getting a fatal error when playing Ghost Hunt Campaign mission. Its happened several times and i can never complete it. The latest crash involved me retaking my 'stolen' deployed MCV and upon capture i hit 'Q' my hotkey for build, and it instantly crashed. Below is the debug attachment for the time playing the game and the debug after it if needed.

https://ufile.io/slnkv (Debug file created after playing the game)

https://ufile.io/roeq2 (Debug file created during the game) 

I dont know which one is required. 

Thanks!

Edited by MrBlack!, 22 September 2017 - 02:05 PM.

#629 ahmed.osama

ahmed.osama
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  Visit Egypt as a tourist and don't live in it. you will die slowly...................

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:50 PM

what's up with Relentless mission every time I start it it crashes .

I dont know how to post a photo here but in the error  something like (trigger type '01001743' refer to 'pacifc_front2',which doesn't exist)

#630 Neko323

Neko323
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

The client launches fine, but when i try to play a game it fails, gives me this error saying "failed to find specified file" and returns me to the setup screen.  What's wrong?

#631 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:31 AM

You probably didn't add the necessary files from your Yuri's Revenge 1.001 as listed in mentalomega.com/install

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#632 Pegasus99

Pegasus99
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:55 AM

Help! I played MO a lot on my previous laptop smoothly (Win8.1). I just got a new laptop few days ago (Win10) and the game just lagging (I did check the VideoBackBuffer=False), and when I press "esc" to pause the game (not alt+tab out the game), it just freeze and can't run anymore.

The original RA2 Yuri is fine (at least I didn't tell any lagging), and the pause function is fine, while I also notice if I enter the "control" in the main screen it will immediately crash. Does these issues has some relation? If not , how can I fix the lagging and pause game issue? I can post any system information if someone need.

#633 Neko323

Neko323
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:33 AM

You probably didn't add the necessary files from your Yuri's Revenge 1.001 as listed in mentalomega.com/install

Wow. i am retarded. I didn't fully read that step. I only made sure i had those files. Thanks for telling me!

#634 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

@Pegasus : What renderer did you use?

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#635 Pegasus99

Pegasus99
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:54 AM

Sorry I'm those kind of "struggle with 3C product" person so I have very little knowledge about these phrases, so first what is/where can I found my renderer in my PC? I'm using i5-5200U CPU and Intel® HD Graphics 5500

#636 jimburger

jimburger
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:53 PM

This mod has to be the most buggiest and awful thing ever. Got it running on a new computer because it flat out refuses to work on Windows 8.1. So got the mod running on Windows 10 but THEN the game is unplayable due to the awful AWFUL lag, that only happens with this mod. It doesn't happen with any other CnC Mod or RA2/YR on it's own

This mode is terrible, the worst mod for RA2. All these cool amazing units hinders because it's unplayable. What a complete utter waste.

High rated mod on ModDB, complete lies.

Edited by jimburger, 24 September 2017 - 05:29 PM.

#637 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:06 AM

I'd love to help, but your tone there seems to indicate that you don't want to be helped :v

@pegasus : I mean the MO's renderer, it's in the same menu as Video Backbuffer. If it's on default, try using TS-DDRAW.

Edited by Handepsilon, 25 September 2017 - 12:08 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#638 isaac103

isaac103

title available

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

This mod has to be the most buggiest and awful thing ever. Got it running on a new computer because it flat out refuses to work on Windows 8.1. So got the mod running on Windows 10 but THEN the game is unplayable due to the awful AWFUL lag, that only happens with this mod. It doesn't happen with any other CnC Mod or RA2/YR on it's own

This mode is terrible, the worst mod for RA2. All these cool amazing units hinders because it's unplayable. What a complete utter waste.

High rated mod on ModDB, complete lies.

lol what is wrong with this guy? :p 

#639 Death_Kitty

Death_Kitty

Balance Crusader.

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  I don't know what balance looks like in this mod; I just know I want it.

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:38 AM

ok so I'm trying to get the mod working on my laptop, and here is my issue:

i have origin red alert 2, and it would boot up, and I would get the audio and a mouse, but my screen would be black.  I had to download ddwrapper, and that fixed the issue

mental omega i have the same issue. I can here the audio and interact with the game, but i can't see it. I had ddwrapper in the MO directory so i dunno. It runs in windowless mode, until i move my mouse beyond the window, upon which point the game crashes. I've tried running the game full screen on all resolutions and it does not work. help.

#640 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 03:44 AM

lol what is wrong with this guy? :p

Well, I blame his Windows 8 and 10. Support for RA2 is best on Windows 7.

But hey, after setting the renderer to TS-DDRAW, the lag's gone for Windows 8. It's just that I can't alt tab without crashing.

ok so I'm trying to get the mod working on my laptop, and here is my issue:
i have origin red alert 2, and it would boot up, and I would get the audio and a mouse, but my screen would be black. I had to download ddwrapper, and that fixed the issue
mental omega i have the same issue. I can here the audio and interact with the game, but i can't see it. I had ddwrapper in the MO directory so i dunno. It runs in windowless mode, until i move my mouse beyond the window, upon which point the game crashes. I've tried running the game full screen on all resolutions and it does not work. help.

Try different renderer on the settings

Edited by Handepsilon, 25 September 2017 - 03:45 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users