Photo

MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

Best Answer Speeder, 05 April 2024 - 11:38 AM

news_commonissues.png

This is a list of the most common technical issues that users might encounter trying to play Mental Omega, including using it with Steam/EA App.

The Steam/EA App test fix can be downloaded from our Discord's #support_solutions section for now.

Solutions to these problems on:
- Discord: https://mentalomega.com/discord
(support_solutions & support channels)
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1430 replies to this topic

#981 mathwizi2005

mathwizi2005
  • Members
  • 30 posts
  • Projects:fixing PR7

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:02 AM

After the Windows 10 1803 feature update, the game seems to 'hang' on launch for a solid 2 minutes (timed) with Syringe pegging the thread its attached to.
Once ingame, menus get so laggy it can hang the game outright with zero response from gamemd.exe, with DDrawCompat renderer making the problem even worse.
Before this damn feature update, the game would launch after not even 15 seconds.

I'm posting because these 2 minutes are enough to disconnect me from any MP game with friends half the time.
What are my options?

Spoiler

Syringe Log which seems to show the 2 minute time out in the timestamps at the end of the log
Spoiler

#982 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:44 AM

Except.txt is in the snapshot folder. You should look for the one with the name that represents the timestamp of the crash

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#983 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:25 AM

I'm referring to the previous ask on the last page. Since I'm not running on Windows 10, I can't really help. Sorry

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#984 Renalr

Renalr
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

Except.txt is in the snapshot folder. You should look for the one with the name that represents the timestamp of the crash

Snapshot should be in the Mental Omega directory, and not in some other place, right? My Mental Omega directory doesn't seem to have a snapshot folder. Looking in the debug directory, it's just debug.log files.

#985 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

Well the snapshot folder(s) should be inside the debug folder.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#986 Anthony Frasher

Anthony Frasher
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:32 AM

it freezes on me when i hit the pause button or the objectives button

#987 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 04:08 AM

You must be using Win8 or 10. Use DDrawCompat.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#988 Jho

Jho
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:04 AM

MO seemed fine but then when I tried to play a skirmish game I selected Russia then when the game was loading it showed the loading screen for vanilla Germany then after loading was at 1/4 it returned me back to the Client

Edit: I reinstalled MO then "Yuri's Revenge has encountered an internal error" then after 3 attempts the same problem arose. 

And I noticed that Germany is placed where Russia is at Vanilla YR so it must think I'm playing at Vanilla YR?

I use Windows 10 btw

Spoiler

Edited by Jho, 25 May 2018 - 01:05 AM.

#989 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:06 AM

Try to
1. Run as admin with Windows XP SP3 compatibility
2. Check antivirus (including Windows Defender) and make sure the folder and files are in the exception list

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#990 Jho

Jho
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:02 PM

Didn't work, nothing changed

#991 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:45 AM

Jho: Found an unknown game patch. Ares 1.0 is not compatible with other patches.

Use an official gamemd.exe.

#992 Jho

Jho
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:51 AM

Well s--- every 1.001 file is a patch that doesn't work cause it's already 1.001

And every 1.000 file has a game trainer guess gonna have to download it again...

Thanks!

#993 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 27 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Mind, you need an original 1.001 exe, not an 1.000 one.

#994 Valherran

Valherran
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

I would need the except.txt to say more. It's a blitter error, which means that the game most likely wrote out of array bounds. Hard to diagnose.

Here you are:

https://www.dropbox....except.txt?dl=0

I found the source of this problem, turns out the monitor I was using is now too old and was not displaying things at a proper resolution. Instead of it being like 1600x1024, it would be displaying 1608x1032 and causing the Blitter errors when moving the cursor to the edge of the screen.

#995 Warhawk8492

Warhawk8492
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 03:11 AM

Hello I am trying to patch my game so it will work with Mental Omega I get this error

jauwpw.jpg

I created a Mental Omega file in the games file in Windows 7. Is that a problem also? What am I doing wrong for the patch? Thanks in advance.

2vsks5v.gif

72vvwi.gif

#996 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 28 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

I found the source of this problem, turns out the monitor I was using is now too old and was not displaying things at a proper resolution. Instead of it being like 1600x1024, it would be displaying 1608x1032 and causing the Blitter errors when moving the cursor to the edge of the screen.

Thank you for the update! Not sure what causes this issue yet, though.

Hello I am trying to patch my game so it will work with Mental Omega I get this error
[...]
I created a Mental Omega file in the games file in Windows 7. Is that a problem also? What am I doing wrong for the patch? Thanks in advance.

It looks like the file you're trying to patch is not an original 1.000 gamemd.exe.

#997 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 07:45 PM

After the Windows 10 1803 feature update, the game seems to 'hang' on launch for a solid 2 minutes (timed) with Syringe pegging the thread its attached to.
Once ingame, menus get so laggy it can hang the game outright with zero response from gamemd.exe, with DDrawCompat renderer making the problem even worse.
Before this damn feature update, the game would launch after not even 15 seconds.

I'm posting because these 2 minutes are enough to disconnect me from any MP game with friends half the time.
What are my options?

Spoiler

Syringe Log which seems to show the 2 minute time out in the timestamps at the end of the log
Spoiler

Maybe the update did something, because I also have this problem, but not that 2-minute-long stuff. Only the loading takes ~20 seconds longer, and if I'm exiting to the menu, or ctrl-+esc to the windows (and back), it will 'wait' for about 5 seconds (when I'm back to the game, the menu shows for 5 seconds, while the game runs). I tried every renderer, this is the best I got with the TS-DDRAW one.

#998 kommo1

kommo1
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:48 PM

[...]

It looks like the file you're trying to patch is not an original 1.000 gamemd.exe.

This also happens, if you dowloaded the patch for a different language. Happened to me, when I tried patching the german game with an english patch file.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have a problem off my own.

I follwed the steps in the start post, but I still get the "Unable to set video mode" error.

Syringe log:

Spoiler

€: Oh yeah, i should mention, that im using Win 7.

€²: Since an answer here is waiting too happen, i have tried a few things myself. None off them worked.

• Disabling high dpi scaling in all .exe files off Mental Omega as well as the installed base game.
  • Setting the computer to 16-bit color.
  • Trying different resolutions on PC, Client and Game.
  • Compat-mode XP Service Pack 2 on all .exe files, instead off SP3
  • Also tried 98 mode, just for good meassure.
  • Forcing Admin-mode for all users, not just yourself on all .exe files.
  • Enabling backbuffer

• Deleting the .ini file and trying to launch without any config changes.

• Deleting the 7 original files from the base game, forcing the game to use the copys I put in the Mod folder, in case it didnt do that without telling me.

• Reinstalling the entire thing

Im getting kind off desperate.

Edited by kommo1, 11 June 2018 - 12:55 AM.

#999 ldzackal

ldzackal
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:16 AM

Ok, so whenever I try to open a game, Campaign/Skirmish/etc., in "Windowed" mode, I always get the error:

"Screen mode not found: x=1536 y=864 c=16".

P.S. Every other config is at default.

#1000 MonstraG

MonstraG
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:55 AM

When starting Allies: Low Rider map on Co-Op Easy (and Co-op Meduim, I havent tried anything else at this point), it crashes with

KABOOM

Mental omega client has crashed. Error Message

Length cannot be less than zero
parameter name: length

If the issue is repeatable, contact the mo staff at mentalomega.com.forum

Syringe.log is in the spoiler, but it was not modified when trying to launch those maps. Game worked fine with mp skirmish maps.

Spoiler

Edited by MonstraG, 11 June 2018 - 10:58 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users