Photo

MO3.3 SUPPORT // Game or Client Crashes & Launch Issues Megathread

Best Answer Speeder, 05 April 2024 - 11:38 AM

news_commonissues.png

This is a list of the most common technical issues that users might encounter trying to play Mental Omega, including using it with Steam/EA App.

The Steam/EA App test fix can be downloaded from our Discord's #support_solutions section for now.

Solutions to these problems on:
- Discord: https://mentalomega.com/discord
(support_solutions & support channels)
Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1430 replies to this topic

#1281 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 26 May 2020 - 08:35 AM

As for the black screen, try using DDrawCompat renderer in the client settings

I seriously think this needs to be pinned or something

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1282 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 03:32 PM

Yes, after a bunch of testing I did find out it was the renderer. It had reset to default settings, but ts-ddraw seems to work fine too. As for the base game, the cncnet launcher overrode the video settings so that had to be changed manually as well. 

#1283 melhemx

melhemx
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 06:54 PM

if it press the windows key during gameplay, i taken back to the desktop, but i am unable to return to play the game.

#1284 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 05:09 PM

Hi guys!

I had a PC upgrade, I have a Win10 1909 (18363.836 build) OS, and succesfully installed Mental Omega. The game starts normally, files are set to XP SP3 compatibility mode, run as admin, but after a ~30 minutes I got a blue screen of death referring to various reasons (looks like random, I saw at least 6 types of error). I ran sfc /scannow, memtest, all my drivers are up-to-date, chkdsk, found some corrupted files which were restored, and still BSOD.
I have other games and still be able to play or consume multimedia for multiple hours without any problem, seems only in this game.

Has anybody encountered this problem?

Edited by CrimsonRaider, 09 June 2020 - 05:12 PM.

#1285 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:15 PM

Solved:

I disassembled the whole PC and the only change I made was switching the two memory moduls. I still don't know why the BSODs were triggered while playing this game, but whatever, no more (hopefully).

#1286 AlfredoM33

AlfredoM33
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 05:55 AM

Hello guys

I have a problem when i try to edit any map, when i want to put an unit the editor crashes and i dont know why, if anyone can help me, thank you

#1287 AlfredoM33

AlfredoM33
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 02:48 PM

Solved:

I put the compatibility settings in the editor to Windows 8 and it works perfectly

#1288 socallmemaeb

socallmemaeb
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:44 PM

Hello, I'm encountering an issue on start up on linux, specifically Xubuntu 20.04. I installed 3.3.0 and the 3.3.4, and tried both of the linux fixes outlines in this thread ( https://github.com/C...lient/issues/59 ), however, each time the client complained about not finding a theme directory. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, please let me know

#1289 MagicTrain

MagicTrain
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:35 PM

Everything is configured properly, reinstalled the C&C complete pack on origin, and restarted my PC. Thank you

Edited by MagicTrain, 25 June 2020 - 01:49 AM.

#1290 Patelan

Patelan
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:18 PM

Hi straight to the problem after starting any singleplayer game launcher dissapear for a few second and come back without any error. I tried every compatibility mode and every renderer. Version running 3.3.4

if it helps Windows 10 1909 x64 and syringe log

Spoiler

PS sry if spoiler doesnt work and for bad english

Edit. After fourth or fifth reinstall i get it working

Edited by Patelan, 04 July 2020 - 10:56 AM.

#1291 sethers97

sethers97
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:46 AM

whenever I try to star a campaign mission or skirmish map, it closes the client for a couple seconds, then reopens it, iv had MO installed for almost a year and this is thee first time this has happend and im not sure how to fix it

#1292 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 03:46 AM

It sounds like antivirus acting up, or something happened in the Ares log. Try checking it

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1293 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 11:52 AM

Or a windows update. At random times it can happen to me too, and 5-6 PC restarts help only. Or I just wait ~a week for the Windows to update something again.

#1294 HenryBot

HenryBot
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:21 AM

Hi, I don't know if it's the Mental Omega mod itself but whenever I switched windows from Yuri's Revenge (when I press alt-tab), and when I go back to it, it's gone. It's completely black, nothing else. How do I fix this? The game is frozen black.

#1295 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 06:49 AM

Use different renderer in the client settings. Maybe DDrawCompat would work well for you

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1296 BenlolzcomeSEA

BenlolzcomeSEA
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 11:38 AM

Hi there, I just installed MO mod on 2 devices, one is working fine and one is not. The  problem is that when the game is launched, the game is moved to one side, thus the UI is blocked, but can see the things in game. If this explanation is not really understandable, i try to screenshot the problem here. My settings:

Mental Omega Client:

In game Res: 1920 x 1080 (same as my screen res)

[Edited in] Render: TS-DDRAW, any other render pops up the no video error

Note: Both of the computers run cracked version of the game, one works and one does not.

Edit: The working one is on Windows 7 and the not working one is Windows 10. Windows 10 RA2 and YR both can launch and play, but it crashes mid way.

Edited by BenlolzcomeSEA, 20 July 2020 - 07:57 AM.

#1297 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:37 PM

Hi all!

The CnCNet dll issue that pops up now and then has two froms of manifestation. I tried working around one of those, by creating a specialized Syringe.

I couldn't test this properly, as I'm not affected by this issue. Whoever is experiencing the game launching crash, please try out the linked Syringe.exe (don't forget to backup the original one).

Fixing the second manifestation requires more work, but I'm hoping that this change already has some positive effect.

#1298 magic96

magic96
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:23 PM

Hi, I'm a fan of Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge. I get excited about this mods you got here. Anyway, I downloaded 330 and 334 patch and extracted to my RA2 and folder and launched the game. It goes well at first playing skirmish getting the feel of the game. After that I turned off my computer. Later, I tried to launch the game again and play in skirmish mode before doing the campaigns, there is only black screen but with audio. I tried to check all compatibility issues but still having the same result. Please help.

#1299 Sean Dunne

Sean Dunne
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  •  Fear the power of the Russian Empire

Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

Hi, I'm a fan of Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge. I get excited about this mods you got here. Anyway, I downloaded 330 and 334 patch and extracted to my RA2 and folder and launched the game. It goes well at first playing skirmish getting the feel of the game. After that I turned off my computer. Later, I tried to launch the game again and play in skirmish mode before doing the campaigns, there is only black screen but with audio. I tried to check all compatibility issues but still having the same result. Please help.

It might be a problem with the renderer, i could be wrong but it's worth a try.

#1300 BenlolzcomeSEA

BenlolzcomeSEA
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:35 AM

Hi guys, I've posted this before but no response so i want to post again. I have an issue where in game, the side panels is completely blocked. I've also uploaded 2 images for reference to the bug. Inside I also have included the settings that ran it.

I've tried other renders and resolution, but does not work. I have not tried to change any of the in-game files at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users