• Please log in to reply
1425 replies to this topic

#1261 TDM

TDM
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:27 PM

Hi there,

I've been playing mental omega without problems for months but right after a windows update today it doesn't seem to launch anymore. Menu works fine but when starting a game i end up in the menu again without a message or anything. After looking at Syringe.log i googled the error codes and it seemed connected to using screen capture software. I'm not using anything like that (that i know of). What could be wrong here? Contents of the log were added below.

Running this on windows 10 Home.

Spoiler

Edit: for reasons unclear it seems to have worked itself out, game works again!

Oof... the problem is back and the game wont launch. Any ideas why this might be?

#1262 Techstorm

Techstorm
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 08:04 PM

Hey, I need a little help. When I start up a game of Mental Omega, the client closes, then I'm staring at the desktop for an awkward and uncomfortable amount of time, then the screen goes black for an awkward and uncomfortable amount of time, that the game loads for an awkward and and uncomfortable amount of time before I can finally play. Red Resurrection does this too. However, regular YR doesn't really do this, desktop and load times are relatively short. Does anyone know a how to fix this?

I'm running this on Widows 10 and using the Ddrawcompat renderer.

Edited by Techstorm, 05 April 2020 - 08:06 PM.

#1263 threeeye

threeeye
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:22 PM

Hi guys, I just found out about Mental Omega, it looks awesome and can't wait to try it!

But...

No matter what I do, I tried a few versions of RA2 + YR (including reinstalling from disks (on windows XP, and copying to Win 10), with patch 1.0.0.1 and without...)

When I try to start a match (Campaign or Skirmish), the client goes away and after a sec it comes back (All .exe files are in Windows XP compatibility mode, and set to run as admin)

Here is my full Syringe log:

Spoiler

EDIT:

I had to restart my computer (totally unrelated), but now everything works...

Edited by threeeye, 06 April 2020 - 04:14 PM.

#1264 cold_highway

cold_highway
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:38 AM

Hello all, so I downloaded the mod and patched it up to the latest verison. Some administration and compatability options had to be configured first but the game ran however while in game if I push ESC or the options button so I can save during campaign, the game just freezes. If I tab out it's just a black screen. I'm running Windows 10 with latest updates. Seems that my only problem with the game so far. Ive included my Syringe log

Spoiler

Any help would be appreciated.

#1265 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:08 AM

In the client options, change your renderer. DDrawCompat should work, but if not, try TS-DDraw

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1266 Techstorm

Techstorm
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:28 PM

In the client options, change your renderer. DDrawCompat should work, but if not, try TS-DDraw

Are you talking to me or the the other guys below my post?

If not, do you happen to have a solution to my "Executable portion of the game take a weirdly long time to start up" problem?

#1267 cold_highway

cold_highway
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2020 - 09:12 PM

That worked, thank you very much

#1268 Yeagle019

Yeagle019
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:06 AM

Hello, I'm frustrated trying launch a game on my win7 PC, when I tried to launch any skirmish or campaign game, a fatal error would always occur. It used to be alright and seldom occur crashes like this. I hope that the issues can be solved here, it will be really helpful.

Below is the debug log:

Spoiler

and here is the except.txt

Spoiler

I hope I am doing this right and I can get some help ASAP. Appreciate anyone for helping me out. :thumbsuphappy: 

*Edited multiple times to post this well...

Edited by Yeagle019, 14 April 2020 - 07:25 AM.

#1269 Pinwizkid

Pinwizkid
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 02:39 AM

Just another newb that can't get this to run during quarantine

Launcher menu loads, I select the first allied mission and click launch. I see "Act One Red Dawn" and then see a map with a loading bar underneath. The loading bar gets just shy 25% complete before it gives up and the am kicked back to the launcher screen. No crash or error, just sent back. All exes set to compatibility mode for XP SP3, run as admin. 

Here is my syringe log:

[22:28:51] Syringe 0.7.2.0
[22:28:51] ===============

[22:28:51] WinMain: arguments = ""gamemd.exe" -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN"
[22:28:51] WinMain: Trying to load executable file "gamemd.exe"...

[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Retrieving info from the executable file...
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Executable information successfully retrieved.
[22:28:51] exe = gamemd.exe
[22:28:51] pImLoadLibrary = 0x007E1220
[22:28:51] pImGetProcAddress = 0x007E1250
[22:28:51] pcEntryPoint = 0x007CD80F
[22:28:51] dwExeSize = 0x0049A110
[22:28:51] dwExeCRC = 0x1610F33F
[22:28:51] dwTimestamp = 0x3BDF544E

[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Opening gamemd.exe to determine imports.
[22:28:51] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs();

[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Recognized DLL: "Ares.dll"
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Calling "Ares.dll" ...
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Answers "Found an unknown game patch. Ares 2.0 is not compatible with other patches." (1)
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: DLL load was prevented: "Ares.dll"
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Recognized DLL: "cncnet5.dll"
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Done (1 hooks added).

[22:28:51] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run("-SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN");

[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::Run: Running process to debug. cmd = "gamemd.exe -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN"
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::Run: Allocating 0x584 bytes...
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::Run: pAlloc = 0x001C0000
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::Run: Writing DLL loader & caller code...
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::Run: pcLoadLibrary = 0x001C0000
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::Run: Entering debug loop...
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Could not retrieve ProcAddress for: cncnet5.dll - MZ
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Finished retrieving proc addresses.
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Creating code hooks.
[22:29:00] SyringeDebugger::Run: Done with exit code FFFFFFFF (4294967295).

[22:29:00] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run finished.
[22:29:00] WinMain: Exiting on success.

Edited by Pinwizkid, 16 April 2020 - 02:40 AM.

#1270 AlexB

AlexB
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  • Projects:Ares, Arda, ...
  •  Your ad here!

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:42 PM

Hello, I'm frustrated trying launch a game on my win7 PC, when I tried to launch any skirmish or campaign game, a fatal error would always occur. It used to be alright and seldom occur crashes like this. I hope that the issues can be solved here, it will be really helpful.
Below is the debug log:
[...]
[...]

I hope I am doing this right and I can get some help ASAP. Appreciate anyone for helping me out. :thumbsuphappy: 

This won't help you, really: It seems to be a memory corruption.
It crashed because the 8th UnitType was invalid.I haven't seen this before. This really shouldn't happen; not even when game files can't be found.

Launcher menu loads, I select the first allied mission and click launch. I see "Act One Red Dawn" and then see a map with a loading bar underneath. The loading bar gets just shy 25% complete before it gives up and the am kicked back to the launcher screen. No crash or error, just sent back. All exes set to compatibility mode for XP SP3, run as admin. 

Here is my syringe log:

[...]
[22:28:51] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Answers "Found an unknown game patch. Ares 2.0 is not compatible with other patches." (1)
[...]

Your gamemd.exe is modified. Ares refuses to run.
You will need an unmodified version 1.001 gamemd.exe to make it work.

Edited by AlexB, 18 April 2020 - 04:42 PM.

#1271 Yeagle019

Yeagle019
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2020 - 07:47 AM

Below is the debug log:
[...]
[...]

This won't help you, really: It seems to be a memory corruption.
It crashed because the 8th UnitType was invalid.I haven't seen this before. This really shouldn't happen; not even when game files can't be found.

Here is my syringe log:

[...]
[...]

Your gamemd.exe is modified. Ares refuses to run.
You will need an unmodified version 1.001 gamemd.exe to make it work.

Is there anything I can do to make the game launch normally? I had tried to reinstall and extract all the MO and YR files before and it didn't work. Do I really need to change a device and install all of that to play the game again?

#1272 Shadoefeenicks

Shadoefeenicks
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:20 PM

Hey Speeder,

Thanks so much for your work it's incredible from what I can see.   

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried to get MO to work in Wine on Ubuntu? I know it's a bit of a stretch, but it's my only option at the moment.

So far I get this message when trying to run MentalOmegaClient.exe in Wine:

- KABOOOOOM -

Tiberiun Sun has crashed. Error message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

If the issue is repeatable, contact the DTA staff at www.moddb.com/members/rampastring

Thanks

#1273 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  • Projects:might just go back to voxeling
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 27 April 2020 - 01:42 PM

so hey its been a very long while if anyone remembers me but I needed help launching the mod I get to the load screen it loads about a quarter full and crashes and takes me back to client running on windows 10 as well also noticed theres missing text messages on load screen

tried reinstalling it gamemd is unmoddifed outside of changing out resolution and the XP compatibility thing

[01:36:24] Syringe 0.7.2.0

[01:36:24] ===============

[01:36:24] WinMain: arguments = ""gamemd.exe" -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN"
[01:36:24] WinMain: Trying to load executable file "gamemd.exe"...

[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Retrieving info from the executable file...
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Executable information successfully retrieved.
[01:36:24] exe = gamemd.exe
[01:36:24] pImLoadLibrary = 0x007E1220
[01:36:24] pImGetProcAddress = 0x007E1250
[01:36:24] pcEntryPoint = 0x007CD80F
[01:36:24] dwExeSize = 0x0049A110
[01:36:24] dwExeCRC = 0x1610F33F
[01:36:24] dwTimestamp = 0x3BDF544E

[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::RetrieveInfo: Opening gamemd.exe to determine imports.
[01:36:24] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs();

[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Recognized DLL: "Ares.dll"
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Calling "Ares.dll" ...
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::Handshake: Answers "Found an unknown game patch. Ares 2.0 is not compatible with other patches." (1)
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: DLL load was prevented: "Ares.dll"
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Recognized DLL: "cncnet5.dll"
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::FindDLLs: Done (1 hooks added).

[01:36:24] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run("-SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN");

[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::Run: Running process to debug. cmd = "gamemd.exe -SPAWN -CD -LOG -SPAWN"
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::Run: Allocating 0x584 bytes...
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::Run: pAlloc = 0x001C0000
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::Run: Writing DLL loader & caller code...
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::Run: pcLoadLibrary = 0x001C0000
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::Run: Entering debug loop...
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Could not retrieve ProcAddress for: cncnet5.dll - MZ
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Finished retrieving proc addresses.
[01:36:24] SyringeDebugger::HandleException: Creating code hooks.
[01:36:32] SyringeDebugger::Run: Done with exit code FFFFFFFF (4294967295).

[01:36:32] WinMain: SyringeDebugger::Run finished.
[01:36:32] WinMain: Exiting on success.

I am using my first decade cd and yuris revenge is working at the final patch (unless I'm missing something)

Edited by SSTG, 28 April 2020 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1274 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  • Projects:might just go back to voxeling
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 28 April 2020 - 01:26 AM

reinstalled YR and works fine now 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1275 Darkhunn

Darkhunn
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:36 PM

Hi, attempted new player here! I managed to get the game to start up after killing the syringe.exe process before each startup (before that I was just endlessly faced with "failed to load scenario" whenever I attempted to start a skirmish. I can start a game as china now, even build some MO exclusive units and buildings, but the icons do not display for any units or structures, and the game crashes after a few minutes.

Starting the game as a faction from the newer team (epsilon/scorpion cell/etc) ((I'm aware china is "new" too)) leads to an instant crash with the familiar "failed to load scenario" message.

Both logs are in spoiler, having two caused issues for some reason.

Spoiler

I've done what I can and double checked to ensure my issues haven't already been covered and fixed, sincere apologies if i've missed it.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: FIXED, was one of two issues-
A) had to reinstall, corrupted download.
B) right-clicked the some of the .exes, clicked properties, in the first tab that opens (general) it mentioned that the files were blocked for safety, undid that.

See ya on the battlefield.

Edited by Darkhunn, 29 April 2020 - 01:19 AM.

#1276 Mr_DevilSmile

Mr_DevilSmile
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:03 AM

Hi, I have a problem with the map editor, does not open any map. Automatically closes and launches a window with the text: "FINALALERT™ has stopped working"

#1277 CJ7

CJ7
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 02:46 PM

Hi there,

I just installed this mod recently but I am unable to update to the version 3.3.4 as the client always either freezes or showing error message "Unable to proceed installation as there are too many download retries".

I tried to run as administrator and changed the compatibility to Windows XP SP2 and 3 but the results are the same.

Is there anyway to update the client version manually? What information do I need to provide?

Thanks in advance.

#1278 Sean Dunne

Sean Dunne
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  •  Fear the power of the Russian Empire

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:35 PM

So i tried to a mod program while a mod was still in the Red Alert 2 folder but after when it wouldn't let me run Mental Omega, so i uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked fine, but now the Map Editor works and then it doesn't, and what i mean is it would have Normal things and then the map would black out when i load a map, but next time i would load it the map works fine but then units, ore and structures get blacked out instead and sometimes it would crash, and then the last thing that would happen is when it tries to load the map editor it would show me that error that doesn't have any words on it and then crashes when i either load a new map or load an existing one.

How do i go to fix this, because i will never be able to use the editor if this keeps happening.

#1279 Codename_Ramiel

Codename_Ramiel
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:47 PM

Hi, I don't know if I am in the right place or if this was previously solved as I searched for it and got nothing, but I recently got myself a new monitor (4K) and when I launch the game from the client, parts of the screen are cut (or for a better word cropped). I tried changing the resolution to match and even the renderer (I didn't think it would help but tried anyway) but get the same effect. Is it best just to go back to a standard HD monitor instead considering its an old game?

#1280 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 05:48 PM

I'm having a "black screen of death" problem with tabbing out that didn't previously exist. So here's the situation:

I installed the cncnet client for vanilla YR, but upon realizing it overrode the MO launcher I uninstalled it. But uninstalling made the launcher not work. So I reinstalled MO and fixed that problem, but now whenever I tab out and tab back in it returns to a black screen. The game is still running. I can hear the music and unit sounds, but I can't see anything. This wasn't a problem before the reinstall. A workaround is to run in windowed mode, but I can't have full screen at the resolution I want. Not sure if this is related, but vanilla YR launched through the original application doesn't work at all since installing the cncnet client. I'm just trying to figure out what happened, because I know I didn't have the black screen problem before. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users