#61 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

Easier said than done, that's exactly what I did, that single Tesla Coil had a lot of personnels and terror drones on it (not to mention some random pair of rhinos that keeps respawning in the middle of the edge). I think I saw either sentry guns or bunkers as well, or both. And that tesla coil keeps rebuilding itself every few seconds.

The front side is also full of people

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#62 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:04 PM

I wait till rihno spawn, kill them with cavaliers healed by Engi AMC. When siegfried/Cadre AMC destroy bunker/coil i rush in and block that spot so Ai cant rebuild the coil.

#63 FiremariomkiZX 123-451-149

FiremariomkiZX 123-451-149
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:14 PM

In Bleed Red, it appears that when you try to secure the Left bridge, it never does get secured. Are you to secure it before securing the right bridge or what?

FiremariomkiZX, reporting in, Commander!

#64 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:33 PM

I wait till rihno spawn, kill them with cavaliers healed by Engi AMC. When siegfried/Cadre AMC destroy bunker/coil i rush in and block that spot so Ai cant rebuild the coil.

iirc I accidentally tried doing that once in Eagle Fly Free. What comes after is a random Sentry Gun popping out.... in the middle of the ore field.

MY ore field

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#65 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

Alstar's tactic worked on a second try, so cheers. After that I done The Gardener. Yes, I definitely did it. It might look like a dog caught a KI scientist at the very end, BUT I DID IT, shut up! :V

The Gardener was one of the missions that I could do even in 3.0 (and that counts!). It's surprising to see that it was actually made harder. By accident. Discovered two bugs with it: The two Repair Cranes never repair the Tsurugi, whatever you do. Also, multiple Qilin Tanks got drunk on sake after capturing Kyoto, as instead of driving on the road where they should be, they drive EVERYWHERE BUT THE ROAD between the two positions where they turn around. So the mission was quite harder, but again, I did this before and that thing at the end definitely doesn't count! :V

Edited by Solais, 19 December 2016 - 06:53 PM.

#66 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

Regarding the Panic Cycle: in 3.0 on Easy you could secure the abandoned Allied outpost by placing a bunch of Snipers and GGIs on that hill near the outpost. Enemys can't reach them anyway (they techincally can, but never bother) because the only way to get on that hill is with air transports, and GGI can kill a bunch of SCUDs before they launch their rockets. Obviously Mirages are requred to get rid of those who weren't intercepted by GGIs. I wonder if this trick still works in 3.3.

BTW, managed to beat 2 more missions, the last 2 of available Epsilon missions. Again, from my first try. I'm glad the voice of people (the ZOMFG HARD!!!) has been heard, this is definitely more enjoyable than in 3.0 :D 

#67 ROMaster2

ROMaster2
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

I've really been enjoying the campaign so far. It's a lot more accessible than it was in 3.0.

Small bug: Infiltrators can cause a mission to not end for quite some time. https://www.twitch.t...0269?t=3h11m01s

#68 Fatalis

Fatalis
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:51 AM

Is there an oversight that some of the old soviet missions don't have radar because you can't build Airbase?  Happy Birthday and Idle Gossip on mental can't be played without Radar.

Also I've noticed something weird with mission Hammer to fall.(always on mental,I don't play other difficulty).In this mission you don't have radar but if you step in a specific area before the first gate with the tesla coil you get the radar online.Problem is that you can easily avoid walking through that script area(?) so you don't have radar.

#69 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

Panic Cycle done. Despite the name, it was such an old-school slow mission with base building and everything, just as I love it. On Easy at least. Really liked this one. And now, Sunlight is upcoming. Never imagined to ever get here in 3.0.

I'm progressing faster than I thought. I might even be done with Act 1 before the mission briefings of the Act 2 missions are patched in.

Edited by Solais, 20 December 2016 - 03:09 PM.

#70 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

Act 1 Allied campaign done! \o/

#71 RedFox34

RedFox34
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:47 PM

Man I really hate the Landlocked mission.   The Plague Splatters have to be my vote for worst artillery.   Maybe in numbers they're useful, but when you only have two of them they don't do enough damage to offset the AI repairing every building it owns.

And if the AI is going to throw everything at me it owns when I attack the objective structure, then I can't really destroy it, can I, without leveling the whole Allied base?  The objective should probably just be "Capture" and the Engineer made to critical, because the other approach is obviously discouraged

#72 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:50 PM

I don't think Allied AI sends objects at you if you destroy the ConYard. And if you do, you win anyway so what does it matter if it does?

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#73 RedFox34

RedFox34
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:55 PM

It definitely did in the last playthrough.  Maybe it's a bug.  It's also not on destroying the ConYard, it's on attacking the ConYard -- every Allied unit went to hunt at the same time.

#74 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:03 PM

Every destroyed building but Gate and Conyard will proc allied production. At least thats what i noticed. Avoid turrets aswell.

#75 Plasma_Wolf

Plasma_Wolf
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:11 PM

Its actually easier to breach Soviet base from upper edge. All what stands between you and soviet conyard there is single tesla coil and barracks. Also from soviet base direction it's easier to destroy War Factory - critical building for Soviets in this mission. Also that stops them from rebuilding.

Yeah I found out that you can get an easy time with by going over the upper bridge. Until you get to fight on it, they destroy it and you lose 6 tanks in one go :(

I did go for the outpost first, put rocketeers up, a group of Archons on the other side of that small mountain to deal with potential SCUDs. GIs and Guardian GIs  in the small passage just to the left to stop anything from coming through. 2 or 3 of the 6 total snipers there as well and you can pretty much hold indefinitely.

Too bad you don't have that much time. I did find that an airdrop of ~10 Guardian GIs, 3 SEALS, 5 engineers, 3 snipers and some other stuff to make 24, near their south nuclear reactor does work well. Capture reactor 1, use some micromanagement to fight to no.2. Capture that as well and then take the con yard. Barely any base defences to kill and that gives the edge in attacking them. With that many units around, if they decide to commit to a fight, you're always standing still at best. Not a good place if you also have to attack some tesla coils.

Soviet SCUDs coming in is random. At one occasion they were mentioned before I could go to the allied outpost (even if I raced there with a rocketeer) and the second time they came around only when I started capturing nuclear reactors.

#76 lovalmidas

lovalmidas

Yunru Kanegawa. Go figure. Go mental.

• Project Team
  • 1,192 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yunru's Revenge Version 3.0
  •  Why am I not in the Centurion?

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

Landlocked:

Allies start production and calling reinforcements when one of their structures is destroyed.

I believe Gate triggers their production as well (to be confirmed).

All available Allies hunt for you when the ConYard receives damage. They know what you are up to.

Edited by lovalmidas, 21 December 2016 - 03:12 AM.

30m70ag.png

Mental Omega on the web:
fbbutton.png ytbutton.png mdbutton.png dsbutton.png
IRC: #menthosogma (Rizon)

#77 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:51 AM

Act 1 Allied campaign done! \o/

High five!

In 3.0, destroying the gate will cause the Allied to paradrop on you

Edited by Handepsilon, 21 December 2016 - 03:53 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#78 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:43 AM

Dragonstorm is much easier with the two continents connected

#79 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:01 AM

In 3.0, destroying the gate will cause the Allied to paradrop on you

yes, but only one and it can be dealt with easily. However, you dont even need to deal with it at all, since you can charge for the win.

#80 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:31 PM

Started the Soviet campaign, with Archetype, since it is Mission 0. And then got through two more missions easily. No problems so far. Though heard that Happy Birthday is somewhat harder due to the lack of a radar.

Edited by Solais, 21 December 2016 - 03:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users