Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#2481 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:41 PM

ever tried bloaticks ? those dudes do wonders when massed (and I mean MASSED) you could also use shadow ring with them.

bloaticks and diverbees are some of my favourite units recently, no one expects them to be so dangerous that they just keep walking into them and they suddenly realize it's an underrated unit. :p

#2482 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:44 AM

bloaticks still die from knightframes and buzzards especialy with their splash damage,im not sure if mass bloatics can stop the roadrunners though.

But i think that the main problem with foehn in their balancing is with their price.While foehn units are the most expensive units in the game that stops being a factor when you reach tier 2 and you can make spinblades and boost the speed of your miners (and some units such as the roadrunner) and with tier 3 the reprocessor should keep the foehn player on green if he is aggresive enough.

And then there is the issue of all foehn infantry being usefull at any point of the game but that is another story.

#2483 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

fyi bloatick gas clouds heal each other and that makes makes sacrificing them most useful, all you need is 2 bloaticks to really put a dent on an enemy infantry blob and the gas clouds will still be floating around which could kill the damages infantry and keep making more clouds and buying you time to prepare even more bloaticks in the process.

this is why most people can't seem to use bloaticks properly and instead almost always go for pandora hub thinking dune riders are the only T2 solution to infantry.

#2484 Bernadiroe

Bernadiroe

Pepperoni

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:12 PM

I feel like we're closing in on 3.3.3 with the teasetweets Speeder used, but there's no list for what would be changed/added/removed yet. Hmm.

#2485 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:13 PM

I was wondering if the driller apc could use its drill to slowly damage/destroy structures and walls
Or is this unbalanced?

#2486 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:32 PM

it is.

#2487 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

ever tried bloaticks ? those dudes do wonders when massed (and I mean MASSED) you could also use shadow ring with them.

bloaticks and diverbees are some of my favourite units recently, no one expects them to be so dangerous that they just keep walking into them and they suddenly realize it's an underrated unit. :p

This. Bloaticks wreak HAVOC and are scary as all get out when the enemy has no idea they're coming. Cloning Vats anyone? XD

#2488 doctormedic

doctormedic

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

bloatics with drillers on a base is a very scary tech snipe tactic that not alot of people use.

#2489 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

Blotick has this problem of being a melee unit that isn’t very fast and each one is as expensive as a Knightframes. They are, in practice, a baneling without speed upgrades. Good when massed, useless against a knight frame blob mid game afaik. Much more useful against Soviets and Allies though since Conscripts and flaks instant pop and Allies need to deploy.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#2490 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

that's in theory... don't always talk about numbers and figures try them in practice aswell.

#2491 ahmed.osama

ahmed.osama
  • Members
  • 79 posts
  •  Visit Egypt as a tourist and don't live in it. you will die slowly...................

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:28 PM

oh man this bloaticks killed all my Brutes today.

#2492 0Weber0

0Weber0
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:47 PM

Blotick has this problem of being a melee unit that isn’t very fast and each one is as expensive as a Knightframes. They are, in practice, a baneling without speed upgrades. Good when massed, useless against a knight frame blob mid game afaik. Much more useful against Soviets and Allies though since Conscripts and flaks instant pop and Allies need to deploy.

I already used bloaticks to kill a mass of desolators and flak troopers once with shadow ring. It was a game changer and forced the soviet to retreat the same moment, bloaticks are hellish strong once they attack, all you need to do is make sure it reaches the target, which is easy with a shadow ring. Don't know how well it would work on knightframes, but shouldn't be too hard to kill a few with the SR.

#2493 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:32 AM

I should make a video about how to debate later down the road in a sarcastic tone. Might be fun to make.

I stand by my point with Bloaticks being Banelings without the Centrifugal Hooks (speed) upgrade in practice, but I checked their stats again and saw they have 10 speed. So, Banelings WITH speed. They are strong swarmers, but comparatively expensive and melee. (Also they die when they use their weapons) One Bloatick = One Knightframe they are both 400. But you bet your ass that there's going to be a ton of Knightframes compared to Bloaticks because A: Kinghtframes are a core T1 unit and B: It's Foehn so 15 Knightframes around midgame isn't uncommon. Shadow Ring is a good to surprise your opponent but keep in mind you need the Pandora Hub and a 6:00 cooldown to use that ability, while the Bloatick is unlocked with the Radar Spire. 

Now I'm not saying Bloaticks are useless, far from it. If you ever faced down a pack of speed banelings on creep without Siege Tanks or Widow mines, you'll get the feeling of facing a swarm of healing Bloaticks that are cheap as hell to spam because of Cloning vats. However, the main problem was Epsilon's INCAPACITY to deal with a Foehn infantry blob (with like 2 or 3 roadrunners cause Coronia wants to see the world burn) in the mid-game and spending more than 1600 on Bloaticks JUST to get a single one to explode on the enemy (If you're lucky anyway) seems a little steep. 

Btw it's only 30 health tankier than a spook with the same animal armor, so there's that to think about. 

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#2494 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:47 PM

IMHO Bloatick spam is only a good idea with Cloning Vats. 

#2495 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:57 PM

Totally doable with shadow ring. But only because of players not using detectors.
If you want a fast sync against epsilon would be a good idea to build piercer before radar and use a sodar to support the attack. Not like detection is absolutely necessary against epsilon. Even I know this and I only play foehn via random.
The building also unlocks roadrunners for WC

In the bloatick v kingframe scenario the problem for kingframes can be their low ROF but some knightframes could fix that. Also roadrunners again.

#2496 doctormedic

doctormedic

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:37 AM

For a unit that is basicaly a demolition truck for units,the roadrunner finds a lot of uses

#2497 Wayward Winds

Wayward Winds
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:48 AM

Except the Demolition Truck only blows up once.

The Roadrunner is pretty much the only unit I instantly panic over when I see it close to my lines; too many things it can murder quickly.

Edited by Wayward Winds, 22 October 2017 - 07:49 AM.

#2498 0Weber0

0Weber0
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:11 PM

Totally doable with shadow ring. But only because of players not using detectors.
If you want a fast sync against epsilon would be a good idea to build piercer before radar and use a sodar to support the attack. Not like detection is absolutely necessary against epsilon. Even I know this and I only play foehn via random.
The building also unlocks roadrunners for WC

In the bloatick v kingframe scenario the problem for kingframes can be their low ROF but some knightframes could fix that. Also roadrunners again.

Foehn detectors are so weird to use that most of the time you begin using them out of your base after the enemy uses his stealth units against you. I mean, when do you even think "i'm just gonna bring this claravoiant along just in case"?

#2499 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

i wish foehn had more detectors

especially when foehn purpose I to destroy epsilon (who excel at stealth)

#2500 0Weber0

0Weber0
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

i wish foehn had more detectors

especially when foehn purpose I to destroy epsilon (who excel at stealth)

Racoon seems to be a unit that would be fit to be a detector. Reminds me of ROTR Bloodhound and would be able to keep up with the remaining of your armored forces, while the clairvoyant and SODAR would be at their base-protection duty, where they're good at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users