Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#2461 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

While we're on the topic of removed features...

Does anyone know if the conscript voice lines when he gets attacked, the one where he shouts "MOMMY" was removed?

That line always fucked me up whenever I heard it. But I haven't heard that line since.

Edited by Tathmesh, 13 October 2017 - 08:33 PM.

#2462 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:47 AM

I don't think it's removed. At least it was hearable in Heaven and Hell mission afaik

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#2463 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

Now I know nothing about the game engine but I think a zoom-in/out option would be really cool (so you can see stuff better in micro/macro situations).

It's not possible though, right?

Infinitive absence.

#2464 Sizyfos31

Sizyfos31
  • Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:22 AM

Maybe not possible due to the engine but I remember zoom in-out was present in next WW game, Emperor.

This is what I see when anyone misspell Fury Drone as Furry Drone

I made a youtube playlist of songs that may have inspired mission names (at least 50% is correct and seen by Speeder himself)

#2465 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

The fact that Emperor was a 3D game instead of isometric 2.5D doesn't concern you at all?

There was a (semi)working hack for TibSun allowing to zoom in, however whether it will work in YR or not is a big question.

#2466 FixenFrøjte

FixenFrøjte
  • Members
  • 86 posts
  •  surprisingly underwhelming

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

Long gone.

When and why?

• global warming, mate.
  • OK. is it possible to have red alert 2+yuris revenge soundtrack ALONGSIDE mental omega music? and if so, how?
  • a buff for rocketeers. they are just not strong enough in offensive terms, to be all the worth.

#2467 Kirov_Fury

Kirov_Fury
  • Members
  • 203 posts
  •  We need more funding !!!

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

I think it is even better without snow covered buildings, it was really weird to have them immediately covered in snow right upon the deployment.

(Says weird in an universe full of mobile construction, mind control, weather manipulation, magnetic howercrafts, indestructible mecha units etc.)

:D

One nitpick: I just realised that when Rahn shoots clairvoyants, they are also converted into brutes. They are supposed to be drones right ?

Edited by Kirov_Fury, 15 October 2017 - 09:36 PM.

#2468 0Weber0

0Weber0
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

One nitpick: I just realised that when Rahn shoots clairvoyants, they are also converted into brutes. They are supposed to be drones right ?

They follow infantry logic so nanofiber sinc can work properly on them.

#2469 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:09 PM

is it not possible to code nanofiber to work on vehicles?

#2470 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,983 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

Vehicles can't be mutated. Clairvoyant is not a vehicle.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#2471 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:33 PM

Just before anyone brings this up, Draco Tanks contain a Draco drone in its' invisible cargo. It doesn't change form on death

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2472 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:24 PM

Rocketeer buffs por favor.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#2473 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:02 AM

A driller-like logic that makes air units go up into space then back down into the atmosphere when command to travel long distances? xD

Anyway, can we make snipers and viruses shoot farther?

Infinitive absence.

#2474 BotRot

BotRot
  • Members
  • 228 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega English Wiki on Fandom (formerly Wikia)
  •  Mental Omega Wiki Administrator & Contributor

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:27 AM

A driller-like logic that makes air units go up into space then back down into the atmosphere when command to travel long distances? xD

S.P.A.C.E.   So basically CNC 3's Firehawk with Stratofighter boosters in Mental Omega? I don't think anyone would agree to make jets even more frustrating to fight against (e.g. bombing run then use stratofighter booster to nope back to airbase :twisted:).

Snipers can shoot farther if you deploy them (though it is miniscule at best). Best if it stays that way, since deployed Snipers should outrange Viruses despite their tech and cost differences.

As for any buff for their ranges, I think they already have enough range so that infantry cannot close in as easily.

hT8PHUN.gif

#2475 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

Virus has a range of 12. Snipers have a range of 11/12.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#2476 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:29 PM

S.P.A.C.E.   So basically CNC 3's Firehawk with Stratofighter boosters in Mental Omega? I don't think anyone would agree to make jets even more frustrating to fight against (e.g. bombing run then use stratofighter booster to nope back to airbase :twisted:).

Snipers can shoot farther if you deploy them (though it is miniscule at best). Best if it stays that way, since deployed Snipers should outrange Viruses despite their tech and cost differences.

As for any buff for their ranges, I think they already have enough range so that infantry cannot close in as easily.

Devs won't like this idea. Polan cannot into space :D

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#2477 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

Ok so I'm again whining about sync infantry
In a previous post, I wrote about this topic and my suggestion was a time increase for sync.
Now I think I was wrong. A noticeable time increase can make foehn awkward to play and weak. A tiny time increase will not make any difference.

So, the thing is you can obtain around 50-55 sync guys 3:00 - 4:00 minutes into the game. You want to train mostly kingframes, 5-6 Railguneers and a few Deviatress. This + a few MBTs + minermites can seal many games. It's especially hard for epsilon to counter this because of the huge anti-infantry damage/splash kingframes have.
In a side note, the sync blob works the most for Coronia because they have access to roadrunners. And Roadrunners have the speed and damage to annihilate any long range/fast moving enemy thing.

My suggestion this time is to reduce the Nanofiber Sync area of effect. This way you can train the sync guys when you need them while making the infantry blob less massive. In my eyes, the number should be around 30 units per sync.

Edited by TeslaCruiser, 17 October 2017 - 09:04 PM.

#2478 Guest_Chaplain5_*

Guest_Chaplain5_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

Just before anyone brings this up, Draco Tanks contain a Draco drone in its' invisible cargo. It doesn't change form on death

So the drone is stored, but not actually present; i.e., can't be destroyed or affected in any way until the Tanks' death?

#2479 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

Yes. It's same as if you put a tank in an amphibious transport

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#2480 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

• Members
  • 330 posts
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

Been playing some 1v1s with Foehn (Coronia) vs HQ and I have to say that getting synced infantry at tier three with one or two road runners is absolutely unfair to all hell. There’s almost nothing Epsilon can do against the blob until they get Viruses (but the game will be over before that happens anyways) and Roadrunners obliterate any form of vehicles and adepts (and can be used to counter heroes because they are just so damn fast) With just a couple of Barracks and the strength of Foehn infantry, steamroll is the only word I could say to discribe it. I wasn’t playing against bad players either, this shit is nuts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users