Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#3041 legionnaire501

legionnaire501
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 10:51 PM

i am so glad that someone else is talking about infantry only cause it is one of my favorite gamemodes too

Add an Engineer paradrop support power for all factions

Foehn has no amphibious infantry before T3, which means free derricks for 10 minutes for the price of a dog/spook.

personally i like the idea of adding a support power that lets you spawn in a stallion transport for all sides. this would not only allow you to access isolated tech structures but it would let you move more infantry to defend it while give other infantry and maps more flexibility

Edited by legionnaire501, 05 March 2018 - 11:09 PM.

#3042 legionnaire501

legionnaire501
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:13 PM

actually come to think of it it would be good if you could add the ability to spawn in more miners and mcv's with are currently either difficult or impossible to replace.

you could make it an ability of the t3 ecoboosters the prevent spamming in the early games while making those structure viable later on

#3043 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:50 PM

actually come to think of it it would be good if you could add the ability to spawn in more miners and mcv's with are currently either difficult or impossible to replace.

you could make it an ability of the t3 ecoboosters the prevent spamming in the early games while making those structure viable later on

I don't like the idea of replacable MCV's, it'd drag out battles way too much. As for replacable miners, well, Allies have the Warp Miners support power, for the rest, it's problematic.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3044 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:29 AM

Divine's idea of slaves as a replacement for miners in infantry only mode makes a lot of sense to me and is pretty cool, imo.

But only the Epsilon side should have "slaves" because only Epsilon would be that cruel to their brainwashed followers.

The Soviets and Allies should have "workers" (which are essentially slaves but with a better attitude and posture)

Foehn, on the other hand, since they're high tech and don't like getting their hands dirty, should have "collectors".

These "collectors" will hover around (but not in an amphibious manner) at twice the speed as workers/slaves and use some sort of weird tractor beam to collect ore... because Foehn be lazy.

Refineries could spawn 8 slaves/workers or 4 collectors if Foehn, upon being built.

Slaves/workers could cost $100 and collectors would cost $200 from the barracks (They would also require a refinery, to be trained)

Slaves/workers could hit people with their shovel, just for the lulz, and collectors could glide away and utilise the spin blade.

Edit: Maybe this doesn't just have to be for the infantry only mode. Maybe this infantry method of harvesting could be for T1 and the normal vehicle method of harvesting could be moved up to T2.

War miners would require the field bureau.

Chrono miners would require the mercury up-link / shield command / robot control centre.

Ghost miners would require the pandora hub (like the shadow tank)

Minermites would require the nanofiber loom (no more minermite+jackal rushing?)

Edited by BlackAbsence, 07 March 2018 - 02:08 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#3045 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:15 AM

Edit: Maybe this doesn't just have to be for the infantry only mode. Maybe this infantry method of harvesting could be for T1 and the normal vehicle method of harvesting could be moved up to T2.

Chrono miners would require the mercury up-link / shield command / robot control centre.

How about no

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3046 doctormedic

doctormedic

Giver of Demolition trucks

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:17 AM

Engineers could be amphibious in infantry only

Red Ressurection does have amphibious engineers although it didnt have amphibious dogs in it so you wouldnt be able to sneak them to a shore which has the other player's mcv near by if it has dogs near it in MO.

Edited by doctormedic, 07 March 2018 - 07:19 AM.

#3047 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:12 PM

The problem here is not only dogs, but that Foehn has absolutely no means to assault isolated buildings in Infantry Only. Soviets have Crazy Ivans, Flame Turrets, and Gyrocopters, Allies have Navy SEAL's and Rocketeers, Tanya, as well as the Airborne support power, Epsilon has Dune Riders, Libra + her clones, Risen Inferno, and the Bloatick Ambush. Foehn doesn't have any amphibious or flying units, or support powers that could harm buildings. So in the case a Soviet player captures a tech building on an island and defends it with Flame Turrets, Foehn will be helpless against it. The easiest way to counter this issue with Foehn's inability to wage amphibious war just with infantry and support powers, would be either the abolition of the range limit on the deployment of Knightfall, or the re-addition of Uragan to this gamemode.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#3048 legionnaire501

legionnaire501
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:25 PM

The problem here is not only dogs, but that Foehn has absolutely no means to assault isolated buildings in Infantry Only. Soviets have Crazy Ivans, Flame Turrets, and Gyrocopters, Allies have Navy SEAL's and Rocketeers, Tanya, as well as the Airborne support power, Epsilon has Dune Riders, Libra + her clones, Risen Inferno, and the Bloatick Ambush. Foehn doesn't have any amphibious or flying units, or support powers that could harm buildings. So in the case a Soviet player captures a tech building on an island and defends it with Flame Turrets, Foehn will be helpless against it. The easiest way to counter this issue with Foehn's inability to wage amphibious war just with infantry and support powers, would be either the abolition of the range limit on the deployment of Knightfall, or the re-addition of Uragan to this gamemode.

hence my suggestion of adding stallions as it would help level the playing field

#3049 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:50 PM

hence my suggestion of adding stallions as it would help level the playing field

But the Stallion is an Allied aircraft, adding it to all sides would be derpy AF, and it's Infantry Only mode, the explicit purpose of this mode is to eliminate vehicles from the gameplay. Adding Stallions, or indeed, any sort of transport vehicle would screw up the mode's gameplay completely.

Edited by Divine, 07 March 2018 - 12:51 PM.

#3050 mrvecz

mrvecz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:06 PM

Inflatable boats support power...

Well to get to the point, each faction should get atleast one amphibious unit that can attack buildings to make it more fair... so that means Foehn needs something.

So i have few ideas

1) Suicide Bomber Clairvoyant - That goes out with a bang, either entirely new unit or add a new functionality to the already existing, to detonate on buildings that cannot be infiltrated

2) Huntresses swim ability and her weapon can damage buildings and clear out garrisons - Aside from the odd swimming in such armour (Well she could ride a hoverbike) nanobots dissolving structures makes sense.

3) Add the Draco tank drone as standalone new airborne infantry that can be build in barracks

#3051 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:11 PM

Huntress could maybe walk on a cloud of nanobots, kinda like the cryo legionarie in uprising

#3052 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:56 PM

Honestly, just re-add Uragan, or make it possible to use the Knightfall anywhere on the map. Maybe nerf Uragan for this mode, tho. The problem only appears at tier 3 anyway, because the Flame Tower requires the Confed's Battle Lab. There's no need to add completely new stuff only for this mode, not that it has the slightest chance of happening anyway. Add the Engineer Paradrop as a tier 3 power as well, so Foehn's lack of dogs won't be a problem either, and we're golden.

Edited by Divine, 07 March 2018 - 04:01 PM.

#3053 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:33 PM

1) Suicide Bomber Clairvoyant

Duplicant cries in a corner.

#3054 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

1) Suicide Bomber Clairvoyant

Duplicant cries in a corner.

Speaking of Duplicants (and Infantry Only), the AI should really pay more attention to those beasts. Once when I played against 7 AI on Mental I pushed them all back to their bases, and all with a single Duplicant set against their endless stream of careless infantry. It started with one, and ended up with a map full of them, with Duplicants spawnkilling enemy infantry in their own bases, despite static defenses constantly thinning their numbers.

Actually, I don't think this can be solved in any way. But I recommend you all try it for keks and giggles.

Edited by Divine, 07 March 2018 - 05:25 PM.

#3055 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:01 PM

How about no

I like it, but a war factory would be enough to be a prerequisite in my opinion.

#3056 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:42 AM

I was playing around with the blascade today and a few things crossed my mind.

1 - I wished that the blast trenches were harder to kill when inactive, so that I didn't have to keep rebuilding them (Due to constant AI assaults) before they're usable.

Because surrounding every entrance to a large base is tedious enough.

Three ways of doing this are; making them self heal, making them have much more health, and/or making them invisible like the grids.

2 - If they would be invisible then when they're "activated" the blast trenches should reveal itself and flicker for 3 seconds before fully activating.

That way you can't just switch it on right away to kill some unit over it without them knowing.

3 - I saw a bunch of brutes punching my activated blast trenches and thought that it would be nice if they would just die when that close to a super hot / high speed jet-stream of air.

Light vehicles right next to them could slowly get flipped over too.

4 - It doesn't feel like a support supper weapon: All the other support super weapons aid strike forces whereas this just lets you be a happy camper for a measly two minutes... once you've spent the time placing it all down first. So how about making the bastcade any normal T3 structure available despite having super weapons turned on or off. A new support supper weapon would be assigned to each sub-faction:

- For Coronia, the harbinger tower would be newly assigned as the support supper weapon.

- For Haihead, a new structure would serve the role of spawning in the M.A.D.M.A.N.

- For Last Bastion, the boid machine would become a buildable structure that can undeploy and redeploy like a slave miner. (it would also be nice if the biod machines aiming issue with cliffs was fixed)

Edited by BlackAbsence, 08 March 2018 - 03:51 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#3057 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 08 March 2018 - 04:19 AM

(it would also be nice if the boid machines aiming issue with cliffs was fixed)

It can't

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3058 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:42 AM

(it would also be nice if the boid machines aiming issue with cliffs was fixed)

It can't

Then AlexB swoops in with a fix out of nowhere :p

#3059 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:55 AM

Eh, I doubt the Blasticade will be changed at this point. Almost everyone is saying how it's useless and should be changed or replaced, but the team doesn't budge, so I guess it's a lost cause. Don't even know why, because it's unique? And yet they instead removed the Windbelt, which imo was an even more unique feature.

Edited by Solais, 08 March 2018 - 07:59 AM.

#3060 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:30 AM

Eh, I doubt the Blasticade will be changed at this point. Almost everyone is saying how it's useless and should be changed or replaced, but the team doesn't budge, so I guess it's a lost cause. Don't even know why, because it's unique? And yet they instead removed the Windbelt, which imo was an even more unique feature.

blasticade is actually useful, it's just foehn having sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many better things that it doesn't get used.

For one the trenches are actually tanky as fuck, so you can easily halt an attack and buy yourself a 20 second or more time, the other thing is that it deletes projectiles including things like prisim tanks and Mastodon, if you use that with Last Bastion's plazmerizer for example there is NO WAY you're getting rid of it any time soon.

Another example is for using it to stop jets, since it does kill flying units which is perfect for a slow target like a barracuda or a Kirov.

but again when you have signal inhibitors to spam all over your base so you're untouchable and nanocoats which make tech sniping very difficult to achieve there is no place for blast trench that doesn't achieve immediate benefits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users