Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#3061 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:02 AM

Windbelt was removed because of balncing reasons. Very annying balance reasons. Imagine that you have a wall that doesnt actualy protects you from enemy shots. Or cannot be infiltrated. Or even better, chinese denying your entire power grid with single wallbuster. I personally prefer the Windtrap.

#3062 legionnaire501

legionnaire501
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:08 AM

Eh, I doubt the Blasticade will be changed at this point. Almost everyone is saying how it's useless and should be changed or replaced, but the team doesn't budge, so I guess it's a lost cause. Don't even know why, because it's unique? And yet they instead removed the Windbelt, which imo was an even more unique feature.

blasticade is actually useful, it's just foehn having sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many better things that it doesn't get used.

For one the trenches are actually tanky as fuck, so you can easily halt an attack and buy yourself a 20 second or more time, the other thing is that it deletes projectiles including things like prisim tanks and Mastodon, if you use that with Last Bastion's plazmerizer for example there is NO WAY you're getting rid of it any time soon.

Another example is for using it to stop jets, since it does kill flying units which is perfect for a slow target like a barracuda or a Kirov.

but again when you have signal inhibitors to spam all over your base so you're untouchable and nanocoats which make tech sniping very difficult to achieve there is no place for blast trench that doesn't achieve immediate benefits.

while i am pretty sure people of posted this idea in the past i still think that the trenches should be able to be built over bastion walls as this would remove a layer from their defense blobs and make it usable inside bases which can already get pretty cluttered by grids

#3063 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

Eh, I doubt the Blasticade will be changed at this point. Almost everyone is saying how it's useless and should be changed or replaced, but the team doesn't budge, so I guess it's a lost cause. Don't even know why, because it's unique? And yet they instead removed the Windbelt, which imo was an even more unique feature.

blasticade is actually useful, it's just foehn having sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many better things that it doesn't get used.

For one the trenches are actually tanky as fuck, so you can easily halt an attack and buy yourself a 20 second or more time, the other thing is that it deletes projectiles including things like prisim tanks and Mastodon, if you use that with Last Bastion's plazmerizer for example there is NO WAY you're getting rid of it any time soon.

Another example is for using it to stop jets, since it does kill flying units which is perfect for a slow target like a barracuda or a Kirov.

but again when you have signal inhibitors to spam all over your base so you're untouchable and nanocoats which make tech sniping very difficult to achieve there is no place for blast trench that doesn't achieve immediate benefits.

In fact there is some way for the Allied. Firestorm is considered invulnerable in TS. But here we have Chronosphere Chronoswap and Chrono Legionnaires

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#3064 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

On a different topic, I must ask, epic unit factories when? Epic units tend to be way too large for regular War Factories. Especially notable in the case of the Irkalla. Consequently they look really silly and glitchy when they exit said factories.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3065 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:55 PM

On a different topic, I must ask, epic unit factories when? Epic units tend to be way too large for regular War Factories. Especially notable in the case of the Irkalla. Consequently they look really silly and glitchy when they exit said factories.

I vote for Irkalla's to be the first.

AFAIK this is hardly possible due to engine limitations. Ask Alex if this can ever be done with Ares

Edited by PACER, 08 March 2018 - 01:58 PM.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#3066 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 08 March 2018 - 02:45 PM

Someone must model them first. Afaik it is possible for certain buildings to become factories but you cannot set rally points for those. I might be wrong.

#3067 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:04 PM

I know that Tiberium Crisis mod (running on Ares 0.8 right now) uses special factories for epic units, and I think rally points worked with them.

Edited by Solais, 08 March 2018 - 06:05 PM.

#3068 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:08 PM

I know that Tiberium Crisis mod (running on Ares 0.8 right now) uses special factories for epic units, and I think rally points worked with them.

that mod uses a modified version of Ares, that's why it uses the old Ares version and that's why it doesn't have Save/load.

#3069 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:38 PM

Might explain why it crashes every damn time.

#3070 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:28 PM

As a temporary measure, maybe make the Irkalla, MADMAN, and Centurion buildable structures instead of vehicles. then they could undeploy into their vehicle form. 

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#3071 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:47 PM

As a temporary measure, maybe make the Irkalla, MADMAN, and Centurion buildable structures instead of vehicles. then they could undeploy into their vehicle form.

Wouldn’t that break their deploy abilities?:0

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#3072 SPCell

SPCell
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

I'm against this idea because MO will just become a game where who builds an epic unit first wins. There is no need in creating over 9000 tech levels and just one building for just one unit.

#3073 UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

UNSC THE CHILL OF WAR

title available

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

Who do you think we are? The Emipire Of The Rising Sun?

#3074 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:13 PM

Wouldn’t that break their deploy abilities?:0

No, if done properly. But on 2nd thought my idea is more stupid than epic units glitching through the WF, so never mind.

#3075 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:33 PM

I'm against this idea because MO will just become a game where who builds an epic unit first wins. There is no need in creating over 9000 tech levels and just one building for just one unit.

Maybe it's just me, but how does that make any sense? The epic units wouldn't be changed, so their usability would be still the same. In fact, this would be a nerf for them, because they will require one more tech building, basically.

Edited by Solais, 08 March 2018 - 11:35 PM.

#3076 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:38 PM

I didn't like the dedicated epic unit factories in Kane's Wrath, so that's not going to happen.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#3077 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:04 AM

I wonder if there's a way to somehow make them play some sort of animation when they are created. Like they would start as a sort of "compressed" unit as they leave the factory, then they deploy into their proper forms. Or if not an animation, they are built as a "different unit", but the moment they leave the factory, or reach the rally point, then they automatically deploy into the epic unit.

Though this could come with the problem that the moment the old unit is "destroyed", the build limit would be reset. Hmm. (Unless that's not a problem with a deploy system.)

Edited by Solais, 09 March 2018 - 12:06 AM.

#3078 BlackAbsence

BlackAbsence

BlargleGargle

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 01:04 AM

If I remember correctly, in the original red alert 2, players would be alerted every time someone built a Kirov with a "Kirov reporting" sound effect.

I think it would be cool if there were sound effects to alert players of epic units being built. (Maybe for heroes too?)

That loud mechanical roar the centurion does could be played when the centurion is built.

"Irkalla rises" could be played when the irkalla is built.

Either "annihilation of the wicked" or some kind of siren could be played when the M.A.D.M.A.N. is built.

Edited by BlackAbsence, 09 March 2018 - 01:05 AM.

Infinitive absence.

#3079 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:25 AM

I think that was also a thing in RA1 when Tanya was trained. Or the commandos in C&C1.

#3080 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:59 AM

I didn't like the dedicated epic unit factories in Kane's Wrath, so that's not going to happen.

That I can totally understand. One more expensive building to be built, which is just an overglorified War Factory? Meh. On the other hand, we have the concept of eco boosters, which are already endgame buildings with a build limit. So how about repurposing the eco boosters to serve as factories as well as their current function? They would of course need new building models, which is an obvious downside. The case of the Soviet Industrial Plant is trivial, as it is already a factory-like building. Put a gate on it which is large enough for the Centurion and the Stalin's Fist to fit through, and it's done.

Unfortunately, it'd get more and more tricky after that. Coronia already has a quasi epic unit facotry, the Harbinger Tower. The Boid Machine and the M.A.D.M.A.N. are ground vehicles tho. It would be quite lore-friendly to use the Reprocessor (with a new image, as the current one is too small to be a factory) with the explaination that the very advanced tech of epic unit requires materials that only the Reprocessor's nanites can produce. This would imply that the Harbinger Tower should be scrapped, and the support power should be provided by the Reprocessor.

Unfortunately, the Allies' Ore Purifier is nothing close to a factory, and Epsilon's Cloning Vats are even less so. For the Purifier I have no idea, but for the Epsilon... I think Irkalla should be a support power rather than a buildable unit. Much like the Scrin Mothership, it should be called down from the sky instead of taking off from the ground. Lore problems aside (why the hell would calling down the Irkalla require the Cloning Vats?), As far as I know, support powers have no respect to build limits whatsoever, so this would require a new Ares feature first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users