Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#3861 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:31 AM

would it be bad if i asked how to do it step by step? I just want to replace 2-3 songs in the allied ost with other frank klepacki songs.

edit: well, i opened the thememo.mix file, and already found the songs i want to replace. I converted the songs i want into wav with that winamp plugin. Now i just need to replace them...there is no thememo.ini only thememd.ini, which is for the yr

Edited by JustJoking, 16 September 2018 - 09:37 AM.

#3862 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:02 PM

May I suggest of renaming the "Covert Operations" missions into "Special Operations" instead?

3qPyjQ8.png

#3863 JustJoking

JustJoking
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 02:49 PM

May I suggest of renaming the "Covert Operations" missions into "Special Operations" instead?

Agree. Many mistake Co-Op with Covert Ops or vice versa. Calling them Spec Ops would erase the confusion

#3864 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 16 September 2018 - 06:24 PM

Thememo.ini is inside yet another mix file. You'd have to search for it inside.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#3865 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:44 AM

I think honestly at this point Allies are getting buffed too much and will be pretty problematic next patch since we don't have proper playtesting. Soviets are going to be a relatively weaker cause of over nerfing so nothing has really changed except a shift in power. 

I have supported Rocket buffs all the way from 3.3.1 but at this point, it's going to be too much. Way, too, much. 

Despite all that auto-healing for rocketeers would be a godsend tbh. They are already fragile and the fact that they can't disengage from a fight and heal up is killing em. I realize that the Gyrocopter doesn't heal either but maybe that should be changed to. 

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#3866 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:09 AM

Well, the things that Allies are getting changes for were generally underperforming or overpowered. And honestly USA are still going to be meh against any faction with a "Better Abrams" (So basically Soviets, also PsiCorps). Warhawks getting buffed is nice, but they're still almost never going to be used.

At this point the only units of theirs I have a problem with are Siegfried and Blizzards.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#3867 ArtanisGriffin

ArtanisGriffin
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:14 PM

I think honestly at this point Allies are getting buffed too much and will be pretty problematic next patch since we don't have proper playtesting. Soviets are going to be a relatively weaker cause of over nerfing so nothing has really changed except a shift in power. 

I have supported Rocket buffs all the way from 3.3.1 but at this point, it's going to be too much. Way, too, much. 

Despite all that auto-healing for rocketeers would be a godsend tbh. They are already fragile and the fact that they can't disengage from a fight and heal up is killing em. I realize that the Gyrocopter doesn't heal either but maybe that should be changed to. 

Well imo , they are not too problematic except Siegfried . US is gonna be weaker in early game since SEAL IFVs are nerfed , PF is almost like the same as currently , the only question is EA since they receive most of buffs this patch. 
LB could become a problem in early game but i think it's gonna depend on skills to pull it off  . I can see LB can  kill everyone  with some MCVs crawl and in the current patch , they are good for that already . Anyway its mostly about one tactic and they can struggle in late game vs the likes of Psicorps , ... Furthermore , its not too problematic like 5 miners China tech rush currently.
So far , i see this might become the most balanced patch in the MO history , everyone has a chance and can pull it out ( Maybe SC may struggle still but i see a better early game for SC ) . The question is now about map and i hope to see more improvements to 2 vs 2 , 3 vs 3 , ... maps

Edited by ArtanisGriffin, 18 September 2018 - 04:49 PM.

#3868 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:40 PM

Minermites need a Repair Nerf, they're impossible to break down even in medium-sized numbers.

Stingers and Robot Tanks need a HP buff

And for fucks sake make Mortar Quads actually worth using, they're so damn expensive.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#3869 Drezalnor

Drezalnor

Hellish.Calculative.Eccentric.Dedicated.

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Projects:Command and Conquer 5:Tiberian Destiny(In incubation stage at present)
  •  PsiCorps Proselyte.A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I like Epsilon Headquarters also.

Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:54 PM

Minermites need a Repair Nerf, they're impossible to break down even in medium-sized numbers.
Stingers and Robot Tanks need a HP buff

And for fucks sake make Mortar Quads actually worth using, they're so damn expensive.

I agree with the Restoration debuff for Minermites-it has been abused way too many times by Foehn players.
The damn Mortar Quads feel like the Soviet Mortar Cycles in RA3:Uprising or rather.....a much weakened version.

Well imo , they are not too problematic except Siegfried . US is gonna be weaker in early game since SEAL IFVs are nerfed , PF is almost like the same as currently , the only question is EA since they receive most of buffs this patch. 
LB could become a problem in early game but i think it's gonna depend on skills to pull it off  . I can see LB can  kill everyone  with some MCVs crawl and in the current patch , they are good for that already . Anyway its mostly about one tactic and they can struggle in late game vs the likes of Psicorps , ... Furthermore , its not too problematic like 5 miners China tech rush currently.
So far , i see this might become the most balanced patch in the MO history , everyone has a chance and can pull it out ( Maybe SC may struggle still but i see a better early game for SC ) . The question is now about map and i hope to see more improvements to 2 vs 2 , 3 vs 3 , ... maps
I rarely play as the US of A and PF so I can't comment on that,but the few times I played as EA,I got the painful impression these guys would become nuts after seeing the 3.3.4 patch changelog.Though I am a Foehn mainer,I prefer Haihead,which can make short work of Last Bastion late-game.A bunch of Megalodons ganging up on a Mastodon is terrifying.
"Just die already!"-Libra

#3870 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:21 PM

Minermites absolutely need a repair rate nerf, this is a major balance issue that somehow hasn't been addressed yet

Minermites could receive something like 30% more health and a proportional reduction on how fast they can heal each other (and other units)

This way, they can retain the behavior while being easier to kill by focus firing (which means already an advantage for minermites by forcing suboptimal firepower usage)

I also think minermites should be destroyed by jets besides harriers... it would be fun and encourage more air play which is kinda niche ATM specially when it comes to epsilon planes, also kinghtframes are a powerful AA unit so it would be ok to have this dynamic.

#3871 ArtanisGriffin

ArtanisGriffin
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:53 AM

Minermites are hard ones to balance out imo . On one hand , they are the backbone of Foehn since their repairing help much in attacking or combinations with Jackals and they also need repairing to avoid harass since they are easily to be taken out but in the other hand , their repairing rate is a quite problematic one yeah . You can hardly take down minermites when they are in blob and their repairing is sometimes too fast . TeslaCruiser suggestion is a good solution to fix the issue but I think we can test more out to see if they should be really nerfed .

#3872 Flandre

Flandre

Saury Hunter

• Members
  • 311 posts
  •  Defense Order

Posted 21 September 2018 - 03:45 PM

I agreed. Mortar Quads are kinda underpowered for their job.

3qPyjQ8.png

#3873 Verthunder

Verthunder
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:21 PM

Hi,

I propose add small change for "easy ai" in skirmish mode .  Make them unable to spamm support powers like "smoke bombs" , "black widow" , "toxic strike" , "magnetic beam" , "blackout missile",  "EM pulse" , "wallbuster"

Setting them longer coldown on these support powers. (specialy for "black widow" and "wallbuster" )

I thinking about beginner players or people who playing MO for fun (make some epic bases , armies, testing something with AI or people who playing for fun with AI like the old days in vanilla RA2 & YR) ...Whatever , for example: when you see black widow every few minutes (and that flashing minimap)... or when your defence buildings getting destroyed every time when you trying to rebuild them ... it make nervous.

What do you think about it ?

#3874 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:53 PM

Hi,

I propose add small change for "easy ai" in skirmish mode .  Make them unable to spamm support powers like "smoke bombs" , "black widow" , "toxic strike" , "magnetic beam" , "blackout missile",  "EM pulse" , "wallbuster"
Setting them longer coldown on these support powers. (specialy for "black widow" and "wallbuster" )

I thinking about beginner players or people who playing MO for fun (make some epic bases , armies, testing something with AI or people who playing for fun with AI like the old days in vanilla RA2 & YR) ...Whatever , for example: when you see black widow every few minutes (and that flashing minimap)... or when your defence buildings getting destroyed every time when you trying to rebuild them ... it make nervous.

What do you think about it ?

IIRC technically impossible

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#3875 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

I think the income money displaying thing would be more appealing if make it exclusive to the Reprocessor's bounty only.
I kinda annoyed when it popping up on the eco booster/oil derrick every second. and it ruined some good screenshots.

#3876 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 04:24 PM

I think the income money displaying thing would be more appealing if make it exclusive to the Reprocessor's bounty only.
I kinda annoyed when it popping up on the eco booster/oil derrick every second. and it ruined some good screenshots.

While we're at it, perhaps the massive green arrow above derricts and supply warehouses in gamemodes in which they are indestructible should go as well.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#3877 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:07 PM

While we're at it, perhaps the massive green arrow above derricts and supply warehouses in gamemodes in which they are indestructible should go as well.

yeah, that one too. and those same arrows that appear in some missions should be replaced by these
lEbZ0GD.png

#3878 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:25 PM

Nah, since today it's my birthday, it's time to download the update. Let's have some fun :D :D

#3879 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:28 PM

I like those icons, +1 to that idea.

#3880 arandompersons

arandompersons
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:21 AM

heres a topic no one is taking a prod at. i might as well. hey. don't get too feisty at me, no one else is talking about this so i'll bring it up

it might sound dumb but i reckon we need less early game swarms from Russia, China, Psi Corps and Epsilon HQ. its making Latin Confederation and Scorpion Cell look bad since who needs to play an actual swarm faction when near every one of them can do it just as good if not a hell of a lot better PLUS be effective in the long run. there's not enough diversity i reckon since those 4 sub factions can so easily spam out infantry with no difference in costs or major build time differences to separate the factions from being able to rush super early or not.

i don't know too much but its what i see/experience. so before you get upset at me, try putting yourself in my shoes and get early rushed by infantry out of factions who are already powerful enough in the long run who ( in my opinion ) shouldn't be rushing early game AT LEAST not until T2 or minimum of T1.5

maybe then Scorpion Cell and Latin Confederation don't need a major buff but at least some tweaks then since they'd be the ACTUAL factions that can early swarm without having to worry about those 4 others doing their jobs for them AND doing a better job than them in the long run.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users