Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4501 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 17 April 2019 - 11:42 AM

It's not something you need ARES for, instead it is a tileset problem... though technically it is possible to use current tilesets and lighting smart ways to create missions that feel like taking place inside a base, or underground in caves and tunnels, and such. But in the past, when asked, Speeder and co. didn't feel any interest in making such missions.

That's a shame. Some missions can use more unique environments, like the one fan mission where it is entirely underwater.

#4502 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

Yo, where can i get that mission?

#4503 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:22 PM

Speeder just posted a tweet that the Hydra Cannon and Tank Killer (named as Focus Tank in 2.0) will be back.

So guys, guess which way will they appear in the next version?  :whathuh:

#4504 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 17 April 2019 - 02:38 PM

I bet they're not going to be buildable units so..... support power summoning?

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#4505 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:16 PM

To Zharakov 

https://www.youtube....h?v=MR4U1CnREwc

You should find a link in the description. 

As for the new units Speeder posted, well. I love the 1.2 and 2.0 units reappearing in some form or another, but at the same time, unsure how they would be balanced. Hydra Cannon is probably going to be a Confederation unit, but it is kind of pointless considering that confeds already have strong anti-infantry options (Morales, Buratinos, and Deso/Catastrophe Tank combo). 

Probably a thought, but I am hoping that the Decimator Tank and the Kaamos Cannon will make an appearance, probably in the final Act 2 missions. 

Edited by Ebonight_5i8er, 17 April 2019 - 05:19 PM.

#4506 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 April 2019 - 05:30 PM

Marauder is the Kaamos Cannon.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#4507 Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 April 2019 - 11:22 PM

Hey can the United states get the Prism Tank? It works well in tandem with the Abrams, not to mention its speedy and squishy, just like the bulldog and Abrams tank. The USA is supposed to speedy, laser obsessive and precision based; the Prism tank is fast and precise, not to mention the Prism technology IS a laser...so it should be American, not European.

Europe should be more chrono focused (hence the Charon tank and Siegfried being chrono based units), while the US is laser based with its speed; it makes sense because that means the USA developed the Siege Cadre, Prism Tower, and Prism tank (its the vanilla AMERICAN VOICE too!).

Europe is slow, supportive, selfish and slow, they don't need a speedy unit...just doesn't suit their motif. That's like giving China the Jaguar Tank...they are the slow creeping wall, not a fast army.

#4508 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:40 AM

I bet they're not going to be buildable units so..... support power summoning?

or Secret Lab

Or campaign only

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4509 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:21 AM

Thanks Ebonight!

Suggestion

Increase the range or the Marauder tank by one, or increase its armor.

The problem is that during head on battles the Marauder can easily be targeted by tier 1 tanks and instantly go from green to yellow health.

I'd suggest aswell either to speed up the timer for the Libra clones support power.

Also. May be OP, too crazy, or too wide of a suggestion but probably make Elite Adepts possible to mind control air units.

#4510 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:25 AM

Never played MO 2.0, do Hydra Cannons have some kind of special gimmick? They kind of look like generic anti-infantry and anti-armour vehicles from the screenshots, so it's not clear what tier they occupy and what kind of impact they'll have on balance.

Edited by Tathmesh, 18 April 2019 - 01:26 AM.

#4511 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 02:44 AM

Hey can the United states get the Prism Tank? It works well in tandem with the Abrams, not to mention its speedy and squishy, just like the bulldog and Abrams tank. The USA is supposed to speedy, laser obsessive and precision based; the Prism tank is fast and precise, not to mention the Prism technology IS a laser...so it should be American, not European.

Europe should be more chrono focused (hence the Charon tank and Siegfried being chrono based units), while the US is laser based with its speed; it makes sense because that means the USA developed the Siege Cadre, Prism Tower, and Prism tank (its the vanilla AMERICAN VOICE too!).

Europe is slow, supportive, selfish and slow, they don't need a speedy unit...just doesn't suit their motif. That's like giving China the Jaguar Tank...they are the slow creeping wall, not a fast army.

The USA already has the Athena Cannon, and it's more than sufficient enough to destroy enemy bases (especially in conjunction with Target Painter, Warhawks, and Mercury Strikes).Giving them the Prism Tank would just be an unnecessary addition.

Also, Prism technology was developed by Einstein before his death, then finished by Siegfried and the rest of Steinstech, so it is technically European origin (the Siege Cadre and Dolphins are applicants of the original users, Prism Tank and Prism Tower).

And the Prism Tank is a somewhat speedy siege engine, but it allows the Alliance to destroy bases quickly and at a safe distance. It's broken, but not as devastating like Scuds or Magnetrons. Perhaps a slight nerf on it's speed can make it more manageable and micro focused.

From my experience, the factions should keep at least one land siege/artillery unit, for the sake of balances (Euro Alliance with no Prism Tank won't be as effective without it).

#4512 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:26 AM

What if Gehenna Platforms could target ground units as well? Would that be OP?

It would play well with PsiCorps, Gehenna Platforms + Magnetrons <3 that would make a damn lethal combo. To some certain extent i believe it will be OP, so probably decreased damage of the Gehenna's Dybuk to ground targets would be neccesary.

It would make it more useful, and add a amazing duo in the PsiCorp's army.

#4513 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

What if Gehenna Platforms could target ground units as well? Would that be OP?

Yes, I believe it would

Atm I think Marauder and Magnetron already works well. if not, just add Libra as equalizer.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4514 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 18 April 2019 - 03:09 PM

Let's just give PsiCorps that one special Gehenna from Earthrise, here's your proper T3 monster tank and AA that can intercept things properly.

#4515 Nox667

Nox667
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  noone interesting

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:18 PM

Prism is defo a euro unit. As ebonight pointed out, prismtech belongs more to euro lorewise than to usa. Prism weapons are *not* lasers either btw. A laser uses quantum tech to amplify light emitted by artificial sources, prism tech uses optical means to generate a high energy ray to deal damage.
Also, usa definitely needs the athena imo, as they are really lacking in the aoe department otherwise. Athenas are prolly the best (nearly only?) thing you can use to turn a battle vs psicorps in your favour imho.

Last but not least, europe kinda holds the "vanilla allies" feel with prisms, mirages and harriers. mark it down to personal taste, but i'd miss this reminiscence

On a different subject:

Pacific fronts Hailstorms. While they have great range (on par with scuds), and are one of the better anti unit arties with their aoe, the damage is abysmally low in comparison.
Especially vs structures which are usually the prime targets for tier 3 siege units they hit pretty weakly.

Often zephyrs seem to do a better job at wrecking buildings, which kinda makes the hailstorm feel to weak for its price and tech requirement.
Just altering hailstorm stats alone while leaving the rest of pf untouched might be a major mistake though, given the general strength of blizzard+zephyr blobs atm.

Other opinions would be appreciated.

Edited by Nox667, 18 April 2019 - 08:27 PM.

Infinite are: the universe and human stupidity. Im not quite sure about the universe. - *supposedly* Albert Einstein

#4516 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:23 PM

Prism is defo a euro unit. as ebonight pointed out, prismtech belongs more to euro lorewise than to usa. prism weapons are *not* lasers either btw. a laser uses quantum tech to amplify light emitted by artificial sources, prism focuses light from the surroundings ;p
also, usa definitely needs the athena imo, as they are really lacking in the aoe department otherwise. Athenas are prolly the best (nearly only?) thing you can use to turn a battle vs psicorps in your favour imho.

last but not least, europe kinda holds the "vanilla allies" feel with prisms, mirages and harriers. mark it down to personal taste, but i'd miss this reminiscence

If that would be true then Prism weaponry would be virtually useless, when it's dark. Both use an artificial light source, but laser is amplified with electromagnetic radiation, while prism optically enhances the light. Also it's just called prism for unknown reasons. A prism dissociates white light to its components, whereas the ingame prism technology has little to do with that.

#4517 Nox667

Nox667
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  noone interesting

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:28 PM

Alright, edited my post to correct that bad statement.

Infinite are: the universe and human stupidity. Im not quite sure about the universe. - *supposedly* Albert Einstein

#4518 Spinosaurus

Spinosaurus
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:14 PM

Alright I read the statements about the Prism Technology and Tank.

How about, the Prism Tank (stays with the EA) has its speed reduced so its a bit slower, and in return it has the armor (health) increased a bit, so it can take a hit?

The EA are the Allies' defender nation, they shouldn't exactly be speedy all the time.

China isn't fast, nor can they really suppoet comrades TOO well.

I believe the wiki said the Europeans aren't quite able to lend support to allied units outside the base too well either.

#4519 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:22 PM

I believe more units better.

footer.jpg

#4520 Nox667

Nox667
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  noone interesting

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:33 PM

Euro may be the defensive faction out of the allied ones, but they are also the balanced faction in gameplay. They do have plenty of defensive means (snipers, thor deploy), but that doesnt mean *everything* has to be.
In chinas case their stuff i really slow allround except for dragonflies, but they offset this glaring weakpoint by exceptional armor and emp usage. Euro has neither of those, they have more specialized units that cover each others weakness quite well. Ergo a faster unit with good range actually fits into their theme imo. The prism can move out to strike with range advantage and afterwards quickly withdraw behind the defensive lines of charons, mirages, snipers and thors. Also keep in mind that they already have a slow, tough siege unit: he's called Siegfried. Sure, he's more of a mobile army deleter than base razer, but he is the tough, defensive arty unit you seemingly want in euros arsenal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users