Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4601 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 27 May 2019 - 07:57 AM

Slightly off here, but I want to have a short rant about the Harbinger. I hate how it is considered a support power, when it feels like a superweapon (particularly when it's tanky and endlessly unleashes it's payload). The timer makes it feel it more so. Why not remove the useless and situation based Blast Furnace with the Harbinger Tower? It can be relegated as a campaign-only structure of course.

I guess the fact that it directly causes offensive damage is the reason why it's not a 'support superweapon' yet.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4602 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:56 AM

That's the reason why the 'infantry-killing part' of the chronosphere and iron curtain got removed?

#4603 SuperSnivy

SuperSnivy
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:37 AM

That's the reason why the 'infantry-killing part' of the chronosphere and iron curtain got removed?

If I'd have to guess, it's because one-shotting the toughest infantry units felt cheap.

The same reason as of why you cannot chronoshift enemy tanks to water, or ships to the ground.

#4604 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:11 AM

Pretty much that I think. I mean, who the hell wants their entire army getting deleted by a cheeky chronoshift? Not me, at least

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4605 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:44 AM

Boidmachine not just anti-armor. It is anti everything, even air.

footer.jpg

#4606 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

It's either all or none, since the other two support superweapons don't really do damage to enemy infantry/units it was decided that the very powerful unit-killing capabilities of Iron Curtain and especially Chronosphere (teleporting enemy units that is) would be removed.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#4607 teztez

teztez
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

I dont think making boidmachines a single piece artillery will break game balance.I am not saying to make it op,i am just saying to make it like nuke cannon or what ever you can think as balanced.In generals china can built lots of nuke cannon and has access to most powerful tanks.

in mental omega china has centurian artillery and powerful tanks.Now that didnt break game balance right?

As for Harbinger coronia can get an exclusive airfield for this unit.Make it less durable but controllable.Its not going to revamp their tech tree.Just remove the tower and add an airfield.

And for eureka i suggest she  gets two types of attack.one for vehicles and one for infantry.deploying her changes her attack style.her green wave is lethal to vehicles and red wave is lethal to infantry.Also Pteranodons and eureka unlock at tier 3 so she cant be substitute for Pteranodon's.Removing her speed buff will be good too.She cant get speed buff without wind turbines and those can be easily destroyed wasting money.She should be a heavy unit who moves slowly deals heavy damage and have high health.Making her hit and run unit seems odd.  

#4608 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 02:18 PM

The difference is Centurion is China's only artillery... and imo their real Hero. Yunru is just an addon to said Centurion. Last Bastion has fuckton of options already even without Boidmachine. They do not need a super unit in addition to their already powerful arsenal. It has a hero that's already one of the most powerful of all heroes, a nigh immortal long range tank that can also heal other units with the support power, a nearly completely immune-to-hazard transport that comes with knights, and of course, the tough af Banes

On the other hand, what kind of special stuff China has? Nuwa's great and all, but they're not that tough and can be flattened by T1 AT infantries. Sentinel's a great AA, yeah sure. Centy's nothing without Yunru and Erads. Gyro's pretty cool too I guess. You can pretty much forget about Armadillo, which is just a fatter Borillo. They're all great, but nothing compared to LB's arsenal.

Boid's just a cherry on top, and that's fine. Last Bastion doesn't need anything super powerful to add more to their already powerful arsenal. Besides, they're a defensive faction. Having a harrassment tool stationed in their base shooting at enemy tank blobs (for free(!)) is actually quite fitting for them. If I wanted to dish lots and lots of damage I would've picked Haihead to begin with.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4609 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 28 May 2019 - 03:57 PM

On the other hand, what kind of special stuff China has? Nuwa's great and all, but they're not that tough and can be flattened by T1 AT infantries.

Are you sure about that?

Nuwas are counterable by most factions, but definitely not with those.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#4610 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 08:15 PM

On the Boidmachine topic, IMHO it having practically infinite range is cheesy AF. Point, click, delete units with 0 risk. Give the damn thing actual range. Make it very long, but still short enough so that it can't stay in the base and reach everywhere on most maps.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4611 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:20 PM

On the Boidmachine topic, IMHO it having practically infinite range is cheesy AF. Point, click, delete units with 0 risk. Give the damn thing actual range. Make it very long, but still short enough so that it can't stay in the base and reach everywhere on most maps.

The activation sound is loud enough to be heard and there is indicator for where it's being fired. Most of time in your forces, so just move them away. There is also one more thing - being even 1/4 heigh above boidmachine completely screws up[ its targetting. High ground for the win!

Here is an example of how badly Boid can miss in mentioned before scenario:https://youtu.be/QZJgK6LnvBQ?t=1521

Leave Boid alone. It's as good as it is.

#4612 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 09:25 PM

On the other hand, what kind of special stuff China has? Nuwa's great and all, but they're not that tough and can be flattened by T1 AT infantries.

Are you sure about that?

Nuwas are counterable by most factions, but definitely not with those.
I mean... okay, yeah. That was a terrible example

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4613 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 28 May 2019 - 11:57 PM

I agree.

footer.jpg

#4614 Nox667

Nox667
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  noone interesting

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:58 AM

I dont think making boidmachines a single piece artillery will break game balance.I am not saying to make it op,i am just saying to make it like nuke cannon or what ever you can think as balanced.In generals china can built lots of nuke cannon and has access to most powerful tanks.

in mental omega china has centurian artillery and powerful tanks.Now that didnt break game balance right?

As for Harbinger coronia can get an exclusive airfield for this unit.Make it less durable but controllable.Its not going to revamp their tech tree.Just remove the tower and add an airfield.

And for eureka i suggest she  gets two types of attack.one for vehicles and one for infantry.deploying her changes her attack style.her green wave is lethal to vehicles and red wave is lethal to infantry.Also Pteranodons and eureka unlock at tier 3 so she cant be substitute for Pteranodon's.Removing her speed buff will be good too.She cant get speed buff without wind turbines and those can be easily destroyed wasting money.She should be a heavy unit who moves slowly deals heavy damage and have high health.Making her hit and run unit seems odd.  

Like the other people who posted here, i dont see the point in making every Foehn subfaction having a directly in battle controllable epic unit. Harb and Boid are fine as is, both are really powerful yet not just another epic unit like the centurion that you run on the frontlines. They are arguably more interesting than Centy (ok, maybe not the harb). Neitehr Boid nor Harb need changes imo.

Boid hits vehicles really hard with infinite range and manual firing, too bad elevation differences screw up the targeting, thats the only issue i have with the unit. Harb gives all players a big timer telling em when the thing arrives, goes around like 8 times wiping out everything below itself if it doesnt get shot down. Its hella tanky to boot, but each call in costs 3k.

Coronia is the subversive of the Foehn subfactions, they are meant to be hit n run and focus mobility over armor. What you baiscally suggest here is a ground based Uragan for Eurekas role which simply does not fit in with Coronias doctrine.

Though to be fair, neither does Tarchia, even with spinblade boost the thing is slow af. It also the most tanky out of the arty units, not considering epic units. Still hoping for some change there, maybe burst of 2 instead of three shots at 2/3 of the current lock on time, with maybe less damage per shot to balance out the much higher reliability of it?

The idea of making Eureka a mobile spinblade sounds intriguing, esp given how all Coronia unique units are either flying or spinblade boostable. Cant deny, atm Eureka is the most disappionting out of all the heroes, and she did already recive quite a few buffs since 3.3.0. This is more because the other heroes are so overpowered rather than Eureka being weak however.

Infinite are: the universe and human stupidity. Im not quite sure about the universe. - *supposedly* Albert Einstein

#4615 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 02:13 PM

The activation sound is loud enough to be heard and there is indicator for where it's being fired. Most of time in your forces, so just move them away. There is also one more thing - being even 1/4 heigh above boidmachine completely screws up[ its targetting. High ground for the win!

Here is an example of how badly Boid can miss in mentioned before scenario:https://youtu.be/QZJgK6LnvBQ?t=1521

Leave Boid alone. It's as good as it is.

Can't we fix the targeting issues, then give the thing shorter range? I was aware of this weakness, but it is a bug rather than a feature, balance shouldn't revolve around it. I agree about the activation sound, it gives a warning fairly in due time, however, the fact that in its current state the Boidmachine is yet another point-click-delete-enemies weapon with 0 risk involved in its use is lame regardless. 

Edited by Divine, 30 May 2019 - 02:13 PM.

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron

#4616 teztez

teztez
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 06:52 AM

What you basically suggest here is a ground based Uragan for Eurekas role which simply does not fit in with Coronias doctrine

Eureka has plate armor,high health and low speed thats make her heavy unit.And spinblade can be destroyed easily so its boost is not effective.As i said before Pteranodons  are better tank destroyer then her,and she is useless against infantry,mediocre against buildings.anything she does other coronian units do it better.

at least increasing her attack speed 30-40% will make her useful against vehicles.Make infantry and  building immune to her attack for balance purpose. 

#4617 Nox667

Nox667
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  •  noone interesting

Posted 31 May 2019 - 03:58 PM

If your argument against spinblade is that its destructible, might just aswell go with that to the end and say *everything* is useless due to its destructability :v

The speed boost is not only *very* noticeable, its also pretty long lasting. Plus you can plop the spinblade wherever the hell you want cause its spawned via support power.

The problem i see is that Eureka will either be a letdown or be utterly ridiculously OP with her design, theres no real in between. The curse of large AoE units :/
Maybe she could use a higher base speed, would make hit n running easier, maybe allow her to shoot more often, dunno.
Still find the idea of her being a mobile spinblade cool, unique and pretty useful (consider zorbs and roadrunners), dunno how practicable that is though.

Edited by Nox667, 31 May 2019 - 03:59 PM.

Infinite are: the universe and human stupidity. Im not quite sure about the universe. - *supposedly* Albert Einstein

#4618 Cerberus108

Cerberus108
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 07:42 PM

What if Eureka was redesigned as a support unit rather than a direct combat unit? She could have the unique ability to repair flying units and serve as a mobile spinblade. Seems like it would fit with Coronia very nicely.

Now admittedly I am fairly new to Mental Omega and so far am only a PVE player. (Too afraid to try online PVP) I have completed every single player campaign and covert mission available, (on normal) and am in the process of getting a gold star an every single challenge mission, but I realize my opinion on balancing might be off.

On an unrelated note, as an Epsilon Psicore main, I have one single desired feature above all else, the ability to stop Gehenna platforms from moving. I don't care if it is with a tank bunker or some kind of change to them, I just really really want them to stop driving off whenever a plane goes anywhere near them.

And it is nice to meet everyone by the way!   :smile2ap: Mental Omega is outstanding, one of the best games I have ever played.

Edited by Cerberus108, 01 June 2019 - 08:02 PM.

#4619 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 03 June 2019 - 06:47 AM

Why don't we just make Eureka FLY...

But prevent her from attacking air units

#4620 Divine

Divine

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:01 AM

Srsly why the hell everyone wants to mess with Eureka is beyond me... She can't 1v1 for shit, that's true. She's devastating nevertheless. I was amongst the first to ask for a buff when she was actually useless, but she is not anymore. She might not be on the level of Volkov or Rahn, or even Libra, but the rest of her faction more than makes up for this.

Edited by Divine, 04 June 2019 - 12:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users