Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#4641 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts
  •  Everyone dies....But not everyone truly LIVES

Posted 12 June 2019 - 11:03 AM

@LessplaymoreLearn the idea of a unit gaining stealth ability once it is fully promoted is very interesting. Could be played around to see what unit it matches with, but not at the expense of balance.

#4642 teztez

teztez
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:54 PM

I have some my ideas... How about make Clairvoyant a T1 unit just like a dog

That could work.

#4643 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 12 June 2019 - 07:01 PM

I have some my ideas... How about make Clairvoyant a T1 unit just like a dog, without infiltration ability, but with a higher speed (maybe 8) and a Stun weapon with damage (for example 60, so it takes two shots to kill a dog)? Its price should be lower too. Its anti-spy and sensor abilities will still remain the same. Afterwards, just a new spy unit should be added to Foehn, which can be just the same as spies of the other three factions.

This morning I suddenly have another idea in my mind: Is it possible to let Latin's motor ambush provide three elite motors, and make the motor an elite ability of cloak (EliteAbilities=CLOAK)? The reason is that motor ambush can hardly kill anything; three motors can be eliminated in a short time and they are not fast enough to escape from vehicles. Therefore, motor ambush should be buffed. The support motors should be more powerful than normal motors, but normal motors should not be overpowered, so I think of this way to make the support motors stronger. By the way, I don't agree with someone's opinion that this support power should be replaced with three Bomb Bikers, because this will destroy the uniqueness. Also, maybe motors can be faster (10?); now they are not as fast as dogs so their ability to catch up with tanks is not as good as dogs. Due to the ballistics, when two players click on enemy tanks, motor seems to easily miss the target because the target has been killed when their shell falls onto the ground (that's why they should be buffed, one possibility is with a faster speed, although it seems unrelevant).  

Since I have said something here, I would like to say some other ideas... I think Morales should be buffed, because now he requires a lot of actions but his damage is low due to the low rate of fire (high ROF). Without action, he can kill more friendly units than enemies. Maybe he should be cloaked when standing still, and he will not reveal himself when firing. Also make him attack vehicles automatically (maybe also add anti-air ability?). In this way, he is more like a sniper; the player can send him to somewhere on the way of enemy. 

Another one is arsonist. I think he should be cloaked, but he will reveal himself when firing. The reason is that, if a player send him to the enemy by vehicle, he is not as efficient as Evan. If a player just send him to the enemy by foot, he is very likely to be spotted in a high-level game. Only if he is cloaked can he walk to the enemy without being spotted too easily.

Something that can be ignored: maybe sniper and virus can be adjusted like Morales: cloak when standing still, and will not decloak when firing. I changed this in my own ini, where tanks are almost as important as in RA2, but maybe it is not suitable if infantry is still very important.

Regards to Charon tank, I think it should attack vehicles (maybe only medium and heavy armor) automatically and not attack other targets by its own (to avoid waste of damage). The reason is that it Charon is not suitable to be in the same team as Cavalier and Mirage, because it may kill a tank that has little HP. It is also not suitable to take no actions, for it will attack infantry in this case. I am strongly against adding Paladin to EA. This will destroy the uniqueness of this game, as I have said above. Mirage tank's range is enough to deal with other faction's T3 tanks.

Maybe the last thing that I said at this time is about China's iron curtain. China's vehicles are too slow to catch up with most enemies, so the iron curtain is more difficult to be effective. My opinion is to make the Irradiation support power have a 1.5 speedmultiplier, so that China can use iron curtain to battle with enemy. Also, maybe Nuwa can be faster with a speed of 4, I think. So that's all that I want to say this time...

Good idea ok but its too much work for new Foehn spy. Actually it can be very good. Foehn still OP for me but I cannot ignore this. Clairvoyant ok can go on sea, more speed when Spinblade is near and a robot unit(also detector) but who cares? Spies must be disguised or cloaked thats why they are called spy. If your enemy is not blind can see that 300 Clairvoyant coming into his base.

Quad Mortar is fine for me. Also a cloak ability when elite? It will be very different for his normal and veteran state. I think it will be OP.

About Motor Ambush ability. Why not? Bomb Bikers fit this ability perfectly. The game not using Bomb Bikers in Skirmish and Multiplayer why this killing uniqueness?Ok I know this will just make it like Bloatick Trap but Bloatick Trap still available.

Morales is fine. His role is not destroy the enemy's T3. Just anti-hero(at least ground heros) and anti-structure and thats all. Cloak will make it too OP(even just cloaked when hold still).

Why you just want to cloak Latin Conferedation? Arsonist like a spy but slow and easy to detect by player. Just need a little speed buff(5>6) and his napalm charges must be not defusable.

Charon's self control can be good idea. Really sometimes he just using his ammo for a Conscript.

I just added Paladin to my own ini but like you said no need when Mirages around. Just a cool tank but still can used on a ability, somehow.

China's tanks are slow because they are more durable then the others. This is their weakness and thats all, can't make a tolerance for just China.

footer.jpg

#4644 LessPlayMoreLearn

LessPlayMoreLearn
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:13 AM

Yeah, I have anticipated the cloak buff can be considered OP. I have some sort of this feeling too. But on the other hand, Arsonist is not as effective as saboteur or Ivan, so I think of this buff... As to Motor, maybe elite ability of cloak is not necessary, but I am more sure that Motor Ambush needs some buff. One other way is to register a new unit "Ambush Motor" for Motor Ambush, which is cloaked but same as "common" motor in other perspectives. It cannot be built from barrack, only called from the support power. In this way the common motor will not be affected.

#4645 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:03 PM

Yeah, I have anticipated the cloak buff can be considered OP. I have some sort of this feeling too. But on the other hand, Arsonist is not as effective as saboteur or Ivan, so I think of this buff... As to Motor, maybe elite ability of cloak is not necessary, but I am more sure that Motor Ambush needs some buff. One other way is to register a new unit "Ambush Motor" for Motor Ambush, which is cloaked but same as "common" motor in other perspectives. It cannot be built from barrack, only called from the support power. In this way the common motor will not be affected.

"Ambush Motor" is if you said why not it seems good. But these is a problem, Latin Conferation haven't a cloak thing. How it can be? Smokescreen?

footer.jpg

#4646 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 14 June 2019 - 10:54 AM

Arsonist is not as effective as saboteur or Ivan

....wait what

Arsonists can actually destroy buildings with one single charge if left untended. Sure they can be disabled with engis but.... since when do players ever leave one or two engis in base before jets etc. kill them? (hell you can even strike them yourself with Foxtrots). They make absolutely no noise when placing their charges and no noise as well when they explode. Also, remember those Quads in Moltencore challenge? They uses Arsonist charges when hitting stuff. The amount of fire ranges about 10-20x more than any Ivan charges could ever muster. Do you even attempt to distract enemies when sending those Arsonists anyways?

If that is still not enough, then just steal some IFV with Morales and load in Arsonists, watch them as they throw their fire charges from distance. They can also fire past walls too this way.

As for Motor Ambush.... I dunno about you but it doesn't feel like it needs any buffs. Just look at the other 'reinforcement' support powers. Do they actually kill their targets all on their own? Well aside from Bloatick Trap this is. That support power is still annoying af and imo should be nerfed

Edited by Handepsilon, 14 June 2019 - 10:54 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#4647 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

Arsonist is not as effective as saboteur or Ivan

....wait what

Arsonists can actually destroy buildings with one single charge if left untended. Sure they can be disabled with engis but.... since when do players ever leave one or two engis in base before jets etc. kill them? (hell you can even strike them yourself with Foxtrots). They make absolutely no noise when placing their charges and no noise as well when they explode. Also, remember those Quads in Moltencore challenge? They uses Arsonist charges when hitting stuff. The amount of fire ranges about 10-20x more than any Ivan charges could ever muster. Do you even attempt to distract enemies when sending those Arsonists anyways?

If that is still not enough, then just steal some IFV with Morales and load in Arsonists, watch them as they throw their fire charges from distance. They can also fire past walls too this way.

As for Motor Ambush.... I dunno about you but it doesn't feel like it needs any buffs. Just look at the other 'reinforcement' support powers. Do they actually kill their targets all on their own? Well aside from Bloatick Trap this is. That support power is still annoying af and imo should be nerfed

TBH reinforcement type support powers should always have a method of delivery which can be destroyed before it reaches its destination. Speaking of which, is it just me, or are transport aircraft ridiculously tough compared to vanilla?

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#4648 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 01:52 AM

Not sure, I guess they do.

Outside of Bloatick Trap and to a much lesser degree Tank Drop (they can blow buildings up if not destroyed immediately), none of reinforcement powers are extremely dangerous really, unlike in Vanilla where GIs can demolish buildings in seconds.

Also, unlike vanilla, each reinforcement powers need cash. That's why I understand if the stuff that gets delivered need to survive better.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#4649 Ebonight_5i8er

Ebonight_5i8er
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:21 AM

Just bumping up my few suggestions so they won't be obscure.

- The Soviet subfactions get a Commissar support power, deployable from a Field Bureau and able to be deployed once it has the Soviets respective tech centers constructed like the Drakuv. It would cost $2100 credits and would take 6 in-game minutes to have another Commissar ready. The Commissar can give a 12% firepower buff to Soviet infantry in it's radius of effect, like the SODAR Array but smaller for the sake of balance (unsure if the effect should be stackable like Syncronin and Syncronauts.) Especially effective against hordes of Epsilon and Foehn infantry, to allow the Soviets a fighting chance. The Commissar has no weapons, meaning he obviously must be supported.

Description: "Soviet infantry division's were largely effective during the beginning of the Third Great War, thanks to the use of urban combat preparations and auxiliary support. Together with powerful armor battalion's and naval armada, Soviet High Command placed a demand that all officers are to keep out of the frontlines, to give orders to their troops and render them safe from Allied covert assaults".

"The emergence of Yuri's Epsilon and their stealthy surprise attacks on Moscow, Stalington, and Zaragoza has rendered many high-ranking Soviet leaders dead, their military suffering numerous casualties. With the depleting morale of surviving Soviet troops, the desperation of the Soviet generals brought in the presence of commissars to bring order back to their forces".

"The presence of a Soviet Commissar sends an aura of confidence and inspiration for Soviet soldiers, making them fight harder and brutally for their people".

- Latin Confederation gets the Yak from Red Alert 1, replacing the Foxtrot. The Yak plane fires phosphorus bullets like the Gyrocopter, but more accurate and deadlier to infantry. A group of Yaks can also heavily damage lightly armored structures or destroy them, but they are not much against defensive structures or vehicles. They would cost $1450 for a single aircraft unit.

Description: "During the Second Great War, the Soviets dominated the air, terrorizing many Allied infantry with Yak fighter planes, fittingly nicknamed 'infantry erasers'. Many armada's of these planes would go on strafing runs, killing groups of Allied infantry and ripping apart lightly armored structures. Even with the Allies superior anti-aircraft means, they still were a huge threat towards their infantry squads. With the Allies victory over Stalin's regime, the Soviets air superiority, Yaks alongside them, were dismantled and abandoned to gather dust".

"It wasn't until the Soviets invasion of the United States of America and subsequent capturing of Allied air bases that their old jet aircraft were to be reinstated. While the Mig was reborn under it's designation Foxtrot, the Yak was disowned by it's Russian owners, considered obsolete compared to the superior weapons of the Foxtrot and the versatile Wolfhound. Recognizing the demand to bolster the firepower of their Confederation allies, the Russians sold the design for their benefits".

"The Confederation's engineers, instead of adding more armor to the antiquated jets, ignored all possible vulnerabilities, stripping them down and upgrading as much firepower as they can. The Yak is now outfitted with phosphorus bullets to set groups of infantry ablaze and shred light buildings, at a much faster rate than their older versions. It'll make it's status as 'infantry eraser' known once more".

- Have the Old Allied Phase Transport from Aftermath reappear as a campaign unit, where an Epsilon Covert Ops or Cooperative mission is set to obtain the vehicle and escape, giving Epsilon the inspiration to use cloaking technology, similar to how the Terror Drone was created by Chitzkoi's cyborg structure.

#4650 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:20 PM

Just bumping up my few suggestions so they won't be obscure.

- The Soviet subfactions get a Commissar support power, deployable from a Field Bureau and able to be deployed once it has the Soviets respective tech centers constructed like the Drakuv. It would cost $2100 credits and would take 6 in-game minutes to have another Commissar ready. The Commissar can give a 12% firepower buff to Soviet infantry in it's radius of effect, like the SODAR Array but smaller for the sake of balance (unsure if the effect should be stackable like Syncronin and Syncronauts.) Especially effective against hordes of Epsilon and Foehn infantry, to allow the Soviets a fighting chance. The Commissar has no weapons, meaning he obviously must be supported.

Description: "Soviet infantry division's were largely effective during the beginning of the Third Great War, thanks to the use of urban combat preparations and auxiliary support. Together with powerful armor battalion's and naval armada, Soviet High Command placed a demand that all officers are to keep out of the frontlines, to give orders to their troops and render them safe from Allied covert assaults".

"The emergence of Yuri's Epsilon and their stealthy surprise attacks on Moscow, Stalington, and Zaragoza has rendered many high-ranking Soviet leaders dead, their military suffering numerous casualties. With the depleting morale of surviving Soviet troops, the desperation of the Soviet generals brought in the presence of commissars to bring order back to their forces".

"The presence of a Soviet Commissar sends an aura of confidence and inspiration for Soviet soldiers, making them fight harder and brutally for their people".

- Latin Confederation gets the Yak from Red Alert 1, replacing the Foxtrot. The Yak plane fires phosphorus bullets like the Gyrocopter, but more accurate and deadlier to infantry. A group of Yaks can also heavily damage lightly armored structures or destroy them, but they are not much against defensive structures or vehicles. They would cost $1450 for a single aircraft unit.

Description: "During the Second Great War, the Soviets dominated the air, terrorizing many Allied infantry with Yak fighter planes, fittingly nicknamed 'infantry erasers'. Many armada's of these planes would go on strafing runs, killing groups of Allied infantry and ripping apart lightly armored structures. Even with the Allies superior anti-aircraft means, they still were a huge threat towards their infantry squads. With the Allies victory over Stalin's regime, the Soviets air superiority, Yaks alongside them, were dismantled and abandoned to gather dust".

"It wasn't until the Soviets invasion of the United States of America and subsequent capturing of Allied air bases that their old jet aircraft were to be reinstated. While the Mig was reborn under it's designation Foxtrot, the Yak was disowned by it's Russian owners, considered obsolete compared to the superior weapons of the Foxtrot and the versatile Wolfhound. Recognizing the demand to bolster the firepower of their Confederation allies, the Russians sold the design for their benefits".

"The Confederation's engineers, instead of adding more armor to the antiquated jets, ignored all possible vulnerabilities, stripping them down and upgrading as much firepower as they can. The Yak is now outfitted with phosphorus bullets to set groups of infantry ablaze and shred light buildings, at a much faster rate than their older versions. It'll make it's status as 'infantry eraser' known once more".

- Have the Old Allied Phase Transport from Aftermath reappear as a campaign unit, where an Epsilon Covert Ops or Cooperative mission is set to obtain the vehicle and escape, giving Epsilon the inspiration to use cloaking technology, similar to how the Terror Drone was created by Chitzkoi's cyborg structure.

I saw the Commissar you talking about in a another Yuri's Revenge mod, this is all I can say. Foxtrot is a totaly Latin Conferedation plane come on firing napalm missiles and set the ground into flames, totally a anti inf and harasment unit. So I don't think Latin Conferedation need this plane, maybe other sub factions.

footer.jpg

#4651 kzy250

kzy250
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:03 AM

I‘m a Chinese Fan and I find several mistakes on the offical website.

First, this "DShK" HMG in Tigr APC description.

I don’t know if it is a recreation but shouldn't it be "DShK"?

You know that "D" and "Sh" stand for Degtyaryov and Shpagin, the two designers of the weapon.

If it's "DsHK", what does it stand for?

Dshk.PNG

Futher more, how soon could we get the description of IFV updated? Nowadays there's no such "powerful portable Mercury mode" in 3.3.4 version.

2.PNG

Addentionally, there is a significant embarrassing spelling mistake......

I had reported this mistake to the Chinese principal on Baidu Tieba(Baidu Post Bar)but had no answer...... May because Chinese Offical website doesn't has this mistake.

3.PNG

What does "nagivation" means? I have looked through all dictionaries I could find but found nothing.

That's the problem I've found at this time. IF I HAVE ANY mistake on grammar or politeness......that's my faults, I'm poor on English and have got too used to exam compositions.

"Please forgive me."

Edited by kzy250, 18 June 2019 - 07:20 AM.

#4652 Malver170

Malver170
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:47 PM

I also found some mistakes:

The obvious one: Gnarial is still carry 2 Knightframes. But has 3 passenger slots.

There is also a bunch of tiny mistakes:

The Wormqueen is "siege" unit and "good" against structures. In 3.3.1 it's damage against all buildings has been reduced.

Uragan has "Plate" armor. I read at Wiki, that he actually has the same armor as Norio, which is Flak.

Edited by Malver170, 18 June 2019 - 07:49 PM.

#4653 Malver170

Malver170
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:11 PM

I have the suggestion: How about add minimum attack range to Colossus, maybe similar to Catastrophe. Sometimes i meet the situation when closest-to-enemy-unit-Colossus was destroyed by other Colossi.

And another thing. Why the Syckle has no EMP immunity when the Speeder Trike has? Is it because the Syckle has its Mobile Iron Curtain inside, or what?

Edited by Malver170, 18 June 2019 - 08:13 PM.

#4654 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:42 PM

I have the suggestion: How about add minimum attack range to Colossus, maybe similar to Catastrophe. Sometimes i meet the situation when closest-to-enemy-unit-Colossus was destroyed by other colossi

Brilliant suggestion to counter the friendly fite of Colossus, must have for the next update ^ ^

#4655 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:50 PM

I've been suggesting this for the LONGEST TIME (well 3rd time)

Please make a skirmish and multiplayer option to that enables SUPPORT superweapons (Chronosphere, Iron Curtain, etc) but not Attack Superweapons (Nuke, Dominator, etc)

I believe the main reason alot of people turn superweapons off in multiplayer, is because nobody wants to get nuked every 10 in game minutes. But would love to use a Chronosphere at the same time.

Thanks!

Can i hear anyones opinions on this proposal?

#4656 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:51 PM

Please make a skirmish and multiplayer option to that enables SUPPORT superweapons (Chronosphere, Iron Curtain, etc) but not Attack Superweapons (Nuke, Dominator, etc)

I believe the main reason alot of people turn superweapons off in multiplayer, is because nobody wants to get nuked every 10 in game minutes. But would love to use a Chronosphere at the same time.

Thanks!

Allies will send 3x3 things into your base and make you crazy. Soviet make his demolotion trucks(maybe bomb buggies) immortal and will watch the fun. Epsilon... Spam inf and hope things work? Foehn sit back, build anywhere blast-walls and will wait until defeated...

footer.jpg

#4657 Zharakov

Zharakov
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:01 PM

Thanks!

Allies will send 3x3 things into your base and make you crazy. Soviet make his demolotion trucks(maybe bomb buggies) immortal and will watch the fun. Epsilon... Spam inf and hope things work? Foehn sit back, build anywhere blast-walls and will wait until defeated...

Sounds better than getting nuked, lightning stormed, dominated, or tempested

#4658 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:46 PM

It's just a mode for people to play SimCity with.
Not important.

And another thing. Why the Syckle has no EMP immunity when the Speeder Trike has? Is it because the Syckle has its Mobile Iron Curtain inside, or what?

It's mostly just for gameplay reasons rather than anything else.

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

8QTUrX0.png

#4659 kzy250

kzy250
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 03:39 AM

I have the suggestion: How about add minimum attack range to Colossus, maybe similar to Catastrophe. Sometimes i meet the situation when closest-to-enemy-unit-Colossus was destroyed by other Colossi.

Just because Speeder is "What's a piece of junk". Although they may look the same as each other as well as fine and cool in game, they're acturally  composed of waste mentals/metrials or something else what we usually called "rubbish"(I was poor on English!), according to scorpion cell subfaction infoHave you ever saw EMP effect bicycles? While Syckles are equipped with the most advanced Iron Curtain device and Radiation Cannon, which must consume a lot of electicity. You know EMP is the short of Electro Magnetic Pulse. How could it effect on something even not using electricity?That's why.

I think......

Edited by kzy250, 21 June 2019 - 03:50 AM.

#4660 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:17 AM

That leads to another question tho

How can it move faster than anything other than Syckle if it's just a trike without any electricity? I'm not sure if I'll be convinced if you say that they're pedaling that thing in such an incredible speed

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users