Photo

MO 3.3 // Feedback & Suggestions (Balance, New Features, Modifications etc.)

• Please log in to reply
5127 replies to this topic

#801 johnsmith6

johnsmith6
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:12 AM

It would been nice if in version 3.3.1 Epsilon could have their deviator again and Foehn could keep their irritator. I know it might seem redundant. I just love that purple color the deviator produces. If it was ever to be brought back I wonder what would be the best. To keep it's projectile purple or to have it so that it is the color of the house? If not, then that is also good.

Attached Thumbnails

• dev.jpg

Edited by johnsmith6, 22 February 2017 - 03:14 AM.

#802 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:29 AM

Well, originally I heard that the Deviator was converted to shoot acid before it was removed, so I wouldn't mind that. Isn't the purple smoke is now used by mutator bombs? Maybe the Deviator could mutate infantry, but it might be too OP that way.

#803 CLAlstar

CLAlstar

The one and only master of Scorpion Cell

• Members
  • 1,095 posts
  •  Worst MO Player

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:54 AM

Deviator was doing Virus's job while being more mobile and tanky. I dont think its good idea to bring it back.

#804 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:26 PM

At least the AI don't magically paradrop tons of infantry battalions right at the heart of your base in normal skirmish matches :p

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

#805 edumm

edumm
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

Idea to expand the Soviet naval fleet:

Helltongue (additional heavy battleship based on flame theme)

Cost: $2300
Speed: 3
Hitpoints: 1350
Armor Class: Heavy

Prerequisite: Soviet Naval Shipyard + Any Soviet Lab
Purpose: Long-range, Anti-Structure
Weapons: Drakon Flamethrower
Range: 15.5

Description:

A large battleship equipped with a powerful flamethrower capable of turning the enemy's shores into ashes; ideal for annihilating defenses and structures.

Additional comments:

It would work in conjunction with the Dreadnought in the siege, similar to the operation of Aircraft Carrier + Allied Battleship.

Edited by edumm, 22 February 2017 - 05:33 PM.

#806 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:26 PM

Idea to expand the Soviet naval fleet:

Helltongue (additional heavy battleship based on flame theme)
Cost: $2300
Armor Class: Heavy
Purpose: Long-range, Anti-Structure
Weapons: Drakon Flamethrower
Description:
A large battleship equipped with a powerful flamethrower capable of turning the enemy's shores into ashes; ideal for annihilating defenses and structures.

Additional comments:

It would work in conjunction with the Dreadnought in the siege, similar to the operation of Aircraft Carrier + Allied Battleship.

How long of a barrel would the flame thrower need to get a range of 15??? I mean, instead of a flame thrower, put on a miniature iron curtain device on board that would curtain a flame bomb similar to the arsonist's weapon or foxtrot missle that would be launched via onboard catapult. (This would totally explain the Foehn getting their catapult from the Soviet tech lab) There is no way to stop the projectile, but the bomb takes a bit to uncurtain and explode. At least this way, the ship wouldn't be totally useless against other ships.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#807 Dawbra

Dawbra
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:21 PM

But if Foxtrots get nerf , russian get some bombers too like usa?
Or buff on Kirovs?
Is there anyone that use kirovs in missions/scrimish ?

#808 edumm

edumm
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:30 PM

I like this idea; this is the changes: (name, cost and porpouse).

Hellfire Cruiser

Cost: $2500
Amor Class: Heavy
Porpouse: Long-range, Anti-Armor, Anti-Structure
Weapons: 'Eclipse' Thermobaric Rounds

A powerful ship equiped with a assault catapult and thermobaric rounds protected by 'iron curtain' invulnerability technology; when the projectile is near to the target it explodes releases heat and fire turning the enemy's shores into ashes; ideal to annihilating defenses, structures and a group of light units.

Addtional Information:

Minimum Range: 5
Cannot be hijacked.
Driver cannot be killed.
Automatically repair itself.

Edited by edumm, 22 February 2017 - 08:52 PM.

#809 War_Raven

War_Raven
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:09 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right topic to post this on but i've got an idea for a new tier 3 infantry unit for either the Wings of Coronia or Haihead Foehn subfaction, the Amazon.

Now don't go thinkin that this will be another bow an arrow infantry like Epsilon's archers are (unless you want them to be of course) but their weapon(s) will either fire a plasma beam similar to the one the Railgun towers use or fire Plasma Cutter beams that are stronger than the one used by the Neutralizers, with their weapon(s) (whatever they may be) instead of a one shot beam or one that constantly stays on the enemy until they are killed/destroyed they do a one-two punch with their weapon(s), have half the firepower that a Mastodon has, and has a firing rate similar to let's say the Allied GIs or the Soviet Flak Troopers have along with having an ability they can use when ordered to deploy (which I sadly haven't gotten around to yet)

When they are synced with the Nanofiber Sync then they turn into the Valkyrie, they will have wings which will appear and they'll immediately fly into the air if ordered to deploy so they are able to travel either on land or in the air depending on the order given to them, I haven't gotten around to their abilities or their attacks and their weapons and what kind of attacks they'll have either because it took quite a bit of time to come up with the Amazon alone and i'm still working on how they'll look and what type of weapon(s) they will be using to allow them to fire whatever projectile they will fire at their enemies (the Amazon will be an Anti-Vehicle and Anti-Air infantry for either Coronia or Haihead which means they are NOT meant for Anti-Structure purposes as they'll do mediocre damage to one at best) of course they will have couple of advantages that every Foehn infantry seems to have too like being able to heal in nanite clouds

I just thought that I'd put that idea forward as a new additional tier 3 infantry unit for either Haihead or Wings of Coronia for you guys to accompany either the Syncronins or Zorbtrotters so as to give a little bit of an increased variety with Foehn's infantry after watching Fin and Alize in action (my username for Mental Omega multiplayer is Reaper19 btw...)

Edited by Donald Pentland, 23 February 2017 - 12:46 AM.

#810 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

Just outta curiosity, but has anyone tried the LAN feature yet, if they work properly or not? I know the prompt says WIP, but guys in CNCNet says that the LAN feature works fine

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#811 0freeicecream

0freeicecream
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

I have, works pretty well for the most part.  Me and my friend have been doing it for a while, with only a few minor hiccups (it's not as good by WiFi).

#812 codyfun123

codyfun123

Veteran Idea Person

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Projects:Nerf this!
  •  Insufficient fun

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:56 AM

The most trivial website complaint of them all!:
Foehn infantry such as the Knightframe have the compact listing "Vulnerable to EMP and magnetic weapons." in additional information
Clairvoyant, however, accidentally has this separated into two lines "Vulnerable to EMP." and "Vulnerable to magnetic weapons."

#813 FELITH

FELITH
  • Members
  • 165 posts
  •  Gimme some smacks

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:31 AM

just tested for some units vs. (same cost and waypoint attack)

18 qilins vs 19 rhinos = 9 qilin left

16 qilins vs 16 bisons = 9 qilin left

16 qilins vs 16 cyclops(close range) = 6 qlins left

15 qilins vs 19 bulldogs = 3 bulldogs left < This surprise me.

#814 Damfoos

Damfoos

When world domination haven't cured the emptiness inside

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • Projects:Translation of various cool C&C mods.
  •  Mental Omega Russian Translator

Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:58 AM

Probably that's because of their not-so-flashbang grenades which damage tanks too for whatever reason :D

I suggest making the weapon of Tech Cannon Bunker do not auto-aquire infantry: it is useless against infantry anyway and has too loong reload to waste shots on some dog or conscript.

I also suggest making conscripts 1.5x more effective vs infantry while making them 1.5x more expensive to compensate. Just do the math: cost-wise you need 8 conscripts for one Knightframe, and for 10 of those you need 80 conscripts, which will take MUCH longer to build than those 10 knightframes. No, I'm not saying Conscripts are the only counter to infantry and thats why they should be buffed out of all other things, but atm you need a REALLY huge horde to reliable kill infantry with those (while 10 GIs in MG mode are already a threat, and Initiates are just good), and I'm sure killing infantry is still one of the roles of basic T1 infantry. And by the time you get this horde, the enemy already has anti-infantry vehicles, not to mention your barracks que has to be busy all the time. Such a huge horde takes space, and due to weapon range they can't all fire at the same target. With this price/damage change, their firepower will be more concentrated while the "human wave" theme will still be kept, and conscripts will be more useful on open ground instead of being just a thing you buy to put in a building or to scout the map faster.

Edited by Damfoos, 24 February 2017 - 10:08 AM.

#815 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

I wonder, if it's possible to have specific infantry unit be trained in pairs like in Generals. Conscripts would greatly benefit from this.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#816 GuardianGI

GuardianGI
  • Members
  • 214 posts
  •  Just a warmongering peacekeeper...

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:51 AM

In pairs? Imagine having the cloning vat and 5+ barracks. You will break the game pretty quickly :p

Don't mind me, I'm just pretty broke nowadays...

Spoiler

#817 X1Destroy

X1Destroy

title available

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

There is a limit to how fast you can train a unit even with multiple barracks bonus. Conscripts have already reached that limit due to having a cost of only 50$. It will always be easier to get 4 Knightframe than 20 conscripts.

And no, really they aren't worth using lategame. Theirs current stats are fine but it hurts your finger to click the button for 1000 times only to see them getting blasted to oblivion by a Mercury strike. If anything this will greatly help the player and make cheap units become an interesting choice again.

In ROTR we have Red Guards trained in groups of 4, and that didn't break the game in anyway.

Edited by X1Destroy, 24 February 2017 - 12:38 PM.

"Protecting the land of the Free."
efXH1rz.png

#818 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:21 PM

i've sayed this from ever.. soviet tier 1 troops are terrible and need some sort of buff. The training time is one point against them. In 1v1 matches or small maps, you really need infantry. Their biggest problem is that you need to envolve your enemy so you can have a chance to deliver damage. But conscripts are not faster neither have bigger range so that means if the enemy have a mouse they should be able to avoid them.

Edited by TeslaCruiser, 24 February 2017 - 02:24 PM.

#819 Destroyencio

Destroyencio

Black Snow

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Projects:Mapper for RA2 mods.

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

Nah, just spam more foxtrots

#820 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:33 PM

just tested for some units vs. (same cost and waypoint attack)
18 qilins vs 19 rhinos = 9 qilin left
16 qilins vs 16 bisons = 9 qilin left
16 qilins vs 16 cyclops(close range) = 6 qlins left
15 qilins vs 19 bulldogs = 3 bulldogs left < This surprise me.

Flashbangs in this world are actually made out of chrono Vortexes that disentigrate people. Case and point, Riot troopers. So they will have some sort of effect on heavy tanks.

P.s I would help if you are doing further testing with mbts, maybe we can make a definitive ranking for the best basic tank.

Edited by NorthFireZ, 24 February 2017 - 05:34 PM.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users