• Please log in to reply
1272 replies to this topic

#1101 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:31 PM

2 unit introduction bugs in campaign:

1. Charon Tank, Sunlight: introduction is triggered when the player builds Runway, rather than War Factory & Tech Center.
2. Dunerider, Memory Dealer: introduction won't out at all due to its trigger has an odd precondition: the player must train Epsilon Adept (unavailable to train adepts in this mission because elites replaced them) so that the introduction of Dunerider will active.

Will these be fixed?

#1102 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:07 AM

Also, sometimes (I only remember being able to see this on maps with a snowy setting, such as "Insomnia" or "Unthinkable") a large portion of the floor is darkened. Probably a renderer issue since it sometimes happens when I reload a savegame and/or minimize the screen.

If I remember correctly, this was due to the lighting changes (Time Freeze and the Unthinkable day/night transition seems to be the culprit)

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1103 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:58 PM

I caught an AI building a refinery in Bounty Hunt game mode. It also built miners from its war factory. I think it is caused by the AI not having enough money. 

Details:

I (team A) Played a Bounty Hunt game as Russia versus 2 hard AI without mental boost, both in the same team (B), also as Russia. The map was "(8) Xtreme Wealth", the AI started at positions 4 and 5, I started at 8. The AI at 5 built a Soviet Ore Refinery. It happened multiple times since then, with AI that was starved of resources.

Edited by Divine, 30 January 2019 - 11:28 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1104 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 04:10 PM

In Soviet Covert Op Archetype, the Allies will start inexplicably auto-attacking the Guard Towers everywhere on the map once the mission starts, cause the design "By entering the Guard Towers you will reveal the surrounding area and dangerous locations" becomes almost no use, since there will be few Guard Towers remaining after the Allies' "cruel weak point grabbing" finished.

Due to this, the task of avoiding Terror Drone in this mission is entirely depended on luck for now. In my view, this is really abnormal, rather than the design itself does so. It is obvious that the original design of the mission is, when Boris and Morales hear the sound of Terror Drone, they should look for the nearest Guard Towers to avoid. They will only die if no Guard Towers exist, not to mention the player cannot judge which direction the Terror Drone will come from.

Way to solve: change Guard Tower's armor type to "special".

Edited by TerumasaReal, 08 February 2019 - 02:50 AM.

#1105 SuperSnivy

SuperSnivy
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 09:57 PM

I noticed a few strange behaviors regarding Allied Covert Ops mission "Obstinate", regarding the defeat condition of losing all KI scientists.

Getting any of your KI scientists mind-controlled automatically counts as a defeat (and the message states that they were "killed" when they clearly weren't), regardless of whether you have any way to free them (think the "hidden" Epsilon Elites near the Pandora Hub) or whether you actually free them shortly afterwards.

That being said, this defeat condition does not trigger if the Scientists are inside a transport and it gets mind-controlled. Depending on where the transport gets mind-controlled (e.g. the Stallion is carrying the Scientists and it gets mind-controlled by a Mastermind while trying to free the Aircraft Carrier before infiltrating the Tech Center and Pandora Hub; it is way too far away to be freed) the mission essentially gets into an unwinnable state where the player does not lose but cannot go on (can we say it gets soft-locked?). A possible solution would be not letting the transports get mind-controlled, but that creates the same problem as the KI scientists (that you might have a way to kill the mind-controller).

Edited by SuperSnivy, 09 February 2019 - 10:05 PM.

#1106 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:08 PM

In mission Scrapyard gamefile, Tigr APC is set to be built from Stalin's Fist, but its RequiredHouses is not changed. Is it a bug or an abandoned setting?

Its not a bug I think, I was saw the old version of this mission they can be build from Stalin's Fist. 

footer.jpg

#1107 Opus Custom Tank

Opus Custom Tank
  • Members
  • 99 posts
  •  Hijacker

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:11 PM

Main battle tanks do not have Factory Owners because... well, the only way you can get factory with specific owner attribute is by capturing them from enemies.

Can't be give another wf for all sub-factions?

footer.jpg

#1108 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:01 PM

I noticed a few strange behaviors regarding Allied Covert Ops mission "Obstinate", regarding the defeat condition of losing all KI scientists.

Getting any of your KI scientists mind-controlled automatically counts as a defeat (and the message states that they were "killed" when they clearly weren't), regardless of whether you have any way to free them (think the "hidden" Epsilon Elites near the Pandora Hub) or whether you actually free them shortly afterwards.

That being said, this defeat condition does not trigger if the Scientists are inside a transport and it gets mind-controlled. Depending on where the transport gets mind-controlled (e.g. the Stallion is carrying the Scientists and it gets mind-controlled by a Mastermind while trying to free the Aircraft Carrier before infiltrating the Tech Center and Pandora Hub; it is way too far away to be freed) the mission essentially gets into an unwinnable state where the player does not lose but cannot go on (can we say it gets soft-locked?). A possible solution would be not letting the transports get mind-controlled, but that creates the same problem as the KI scientists (that you might have a way to kill the mind-controller).

It's likely that the mission was coded in a way that one of the conditions regarding the KI scientists, works only if they are on your side, therefore losing them, even temporarily, can cause the mission to fail. The transport and the passengers are treated different entities by the game, so even though the transport belongs to the enemy via mind control, the passengers practically still belong to your house. For the last part: well it is a design flaw, the designer didn't really think about such scenarios.

Edited by Petya, 09 February 2019 - 11:02 PM.

#1109 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:06 AM

Game option "Mental AI" changes the basic build speed defined in [General] (.6 => .55). Is this intentional?

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1110 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:54 AM

Yes.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#1111 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

Main battle tanks do not have Factory Owners because... well, the only way you can get factory with specific owner attribute is by capturing them from enemies.

If every subfactions have their own WF, you'll end up with duplicates if you capture same faction of different Sub, and then you wouldn't be able to tell which is which. It's inadequate for such small nitpick

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1112 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:28 PM

If every subfactions have their own WF, you'll end up with duplicates if you capture same faction of different Sub, and then you wouldn't be able to tell which is which. It's inadequate for such small nitpick

Though I don't consider having multiple WF's an ideal solution either, it should be noted that Ares allows forbidden prerequisites, so duplicate units could be avoided, if that's what you mean.

Edited by Divine, 14 February 2019 - 06:30 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1113 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:18 AM

Yeah, but that then disallows training of other subfactions' MBT, so even if we do that, we're just back where we started

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1114 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:06 AM

Something i noticed is that when duplicants kill dogs or spooks they don't form new duplicants which im assuming isn't intentional.

#1115 SuperSnivy

SuperSnivy
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:36 AM

While playing "Blood Rage", sometimes the Colossi the player has may suddenly explode when ordered to deploy. This particularly happened to me in the irregular terrain that leads to both the first chinese base and where the Field Bureau is located, so I presume that's the cause - it's ordered to deploy where it can't, so it kills itself.

I had to make sure they deployed on flat terrain so they wouldn't explode. And it wasn't an EMP mine as it even happened when they were at full health and when Heroic, so it's pretty much impossible for them to be one-shot; besides, I checked with the Stingers and there weren't any mines after reloading.

#1116 CrimsonRaider

CrimsonRaider
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:11 AM

Probably ther're flying over the slope and actually fall down.
Lot of times it happens with hovering vehichles too, when they go downhill, AA-only stuff (I like grumbles raping poor young - ehmm sorry - robot tanks :D ) can shoot them down, but if not, they do not die, because they are hovering.(?)

#1117 Glioper

Glioper
  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Projects:Stream
  •  Just a Initiate

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:38 PM

While playing Act One A05 Bad Apple one of my transports suddenly disappears...

Can anybody tell me why?

https://clips.twitch...OtterKappaPride

#1118 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 05:01 AM

Something i noticed is that when duplicants kill dogs or spooks they don't form new duplicants which im assuming isn't intentional.

It is intentional. Dogs, spooks and cyborgs has a 'Not Human' tag that prevents them from using varying death animation infantries have. Duplicant uses brute transform logic to work, which relies on death animation. Obviously on things that aren't human, the weapon won't work

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1119 Petya

Petya

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

While playing Act One A05 Bad Apple one of my transports suddenly disappears...

Can anybody tell me why?

https://clips.twitch...OtterKappaPride

It seems to be a scripted event. It's been a while since I played that mission, but as I recall that Transport was supposed to automatically unload the troops and then just simply vanish. Though I'm not 100% certain of this.

Nice profile picture by the way. :)

#1120 flack

flack
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 04:38 PM

In the kill the messenger (foehn origin mission 2), if we were to prematurely kill the psychic beacon and then survive the rush, the enemy becomes brain dead. Both the Chinese and Yuri forces stop producing any units and structures. Not sure if this is intended.

Edited by flack, 11 March 2019 - 04:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users