1272 replies to this topic

#1061 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

Visual issue: Opus Tank's dual-cannon mode does't get its proper elite weapon. The weapon is implemented in rulesmo but not used.

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#1062 Zuphanaab

Zuphanaab
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:59 AM

Hello I'm trying to solve a problem for someone else.

Basically my brother has a weird problem like he can't build units\buildings below the sixth row.

It has something to do with the render.He had the same issue in 3.3.3. but got it working using TS-DDraw.

Now that 3.3.4 came out TS-DDraw dosen't work anymore (well it does but it runs at like 10 fps) and switching to TS-DDraw 2 the same issue reappears.

Trying different renders dosen't work either

I should note that its on WIN 10.

The game itself starts and runs smooth.

Gamemd,MentalOmegaClient and syringe all have W7 compatibility and admin rights

#1063 Polaris Starnor

Polaris Starnor
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

My best guess is use DDrawCompat if you haven’t tried it yet, most WIN 10 mo players seem to use it.

#1064 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

I just exist to whine about random stuff

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Various mods of various games
  •  Modder

Posted 01 November 2018 - 12:55 PM

Using the "No Spawn Preview" sometimes reveal the player at location 8.

This bug appeared on the map "Maelstrom", it seemed to work fine on other maps.

Currently playing the Touhou Series

You can use mission units in MO here

Spoiler

#1065 rwolf

rwolf
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:36 AM

When I play this game in 2K resolution, the side panel which should be on the right is gone, leaving black area.  And my cursor cannot move to this area.  But if I change the resolution back to 1080p, it works fine.  I tried all the render methods, but none could solve this problem.  What could the problem be?  Thanks!  Version:  3.3.4

#1066 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:43 AM

The problem is your 2k resolution. Red Alert 2 engine is not designed to handle it

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#1067 rwolf

rwolf
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:46 AM

But mental omega has the option of 2560*1440?

The problem is your 2k resolution. Red Alert 2 engine is not designed to handle it

#1068 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 06:07 AM

Yes, but that is really treading the rope. Not sure why they even allowed it really. See, resolution in Red Alert 2 actually makes you capable of seeing more map, and high resolution can break small maps, like Insomnia's initial phase.

The safest is probably on the 1366x768 or 1280x720, something like that. If you can use 1080p, that's fine I guess, but you really should stick with low res for this game. You won't achieve any HDness with high res. Your units will only get small af on screen

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1069 rwolf

rwolf
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 01:08 PM

I just want to match it with my desktop resolution because otherwise my system tray icons would disappear when I exit the game.

Yes, but that is really treading the rope. Not sure why they even allowed it really. See, resolution in Red Alert 2 actually makes you capable of seeing more map, and high resolution can break small maps, like Insomnia's initial phase.

The safest is probably on the 1366x768 or 1280x720, something like that. If you can use 1080p, that's fine I guess, but you really should stick with low res for this game. You won't achieve any HDness with high res. Your units will only get small af on screen

#1070 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:20 PM

I really can't see a way around it really, unless you're okay using windowed mode. Maybe some people that managed to run it in 2k can help, but even those who used 1k had some troubles. Not sure how you managed to make it work

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1071 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:54 PM

I think I might have found a bug in the AI file.

[YURNTT13-G]
TaskForce=YURITA029-G

No other matches for that task force in the file. But right underneath this team, there is this:

[YURTA029-G]

I suppose this is a typo?

Edited by Divine, 02 November 2018 - 02:56 PM.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1072 Wasabi

Wasabi
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:31 AM

Hello I'm trying to solve a problem for someone else.

Basically my brother has a weird problem like he can't build units\buildings below the sixth row.

It has something to do with the render.He had the same issue in 3.3.3. but got it working using TS-DDraw.

Now that 3.3.4 came out TS-DDraw dosen't work anymore (well it does but it runs at like 10 fps) and switching to TS-DDraw 2 the same issue reappears.

Trying different renders dosen't work either

I should note that its on WIN 10.

The game itself starts and runs smooth.

Gamemd,MentalOmegaClient and syringe all have W7 compatibility and admin rights

<UPDATE>  This issue seems to be resolved for me now as described two posts down.

Edited by Wasabi, 05 November 2018 - 04:31 AM.

#1073 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:33 PM

About Epsilon Co-op Retaliation: This coop still has the bug that appears in many missions: the subfaction-exclusive basic units obtained after attacking the enemy base are wrong. When I captured the American base, I got Cavalier and Harrier.

#1074 Wasabi

Wasabi
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:46 PM

<UPDATE> The following issue I was having seems to be resolved by running in-game display settings at 1680x1050.  I tried another setting a bit lower (can't remember exact setting), which resolved the sidebar issue however, there was a dead/unclickable space on the map just to the middle left of the sidebar.  So far, I haven't found any dead/unclickable areas using 1680x1050.   ----The following was the issue I was having.  I hope this helps anyone that is experiencing a similar situation.

Okay, this seems to be only on 3.3.4  Anyway,  about half way down on the sidebar (row 6 or 7), I can't build anything that is in those boxes.  Cannot click on them, like it's a dead area.  This affects all 4 pages of the build sidebar.  I re-downloaded the 3.3.0 files and made a separate RA2YR folder.  Extracted the 3.3.0 files to that folder and played the game.  Under 3.3.0, the build sidebar functions flawlessly, but as soon as I update to 3.3.4, it is broken half way down again.  Have tried downloading 3.3.4 using the launcher and by manually extracting files downloaded from the site.  Neither seems to fix the issue.  Also have tried a few of the popular xxx-draw.dll's (TS-DDRAW, DDWraper to be specific), but they don't fix the issue either.

On a side note, I'm also having the same issue with the latest version of Red Resurrection, not sure if it shares some new files with Mental Omega or not.  If anyone else has run into this and found a fix, please share :)

P.S.  I'm running 3.3.4 in Win 7 Comparability and as Administrator.  3.3.0 runs fine for me without using compatibility or admin mode on win 10 (ie, no fatal errors).  First time trying to launch a skirmish game with 3.3.4 I got a fatal error, which was fixed by running it in Win 7 Comp. and as Admin.

<EDIT> seems to be related to higher resolution (display settings) - I'm running at 1920x1080 both for window display settings and Mental Omega in-game settings.  1920x1080 is the recommended setting for my monitor.  Any work around or am I stuck using lower display settings for in-game?

Also, have the Launcher Fixes and Display Resolution fixes installed as I have the Origin version of RA2YR.

Edited by Wasabi, 05 November 2018 - 04:26 AM.

#1075 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:38 AM

Could just be a limitation of old programs. Keep in mind MO is all new and shiny, but it still has the skeleton of an 18 year old game. 

#1076 OfficialLolicon

OfficialLolicon

I just exist to whine about random stuff

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Projects:Various mods of various games
  •  Modder

Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:51 PM

1) The Stormchild's Anti-Infantry lasers actually deals delayed damage, the damage is only applied after the lasers are gone. This must be a bug since all US laser weapons deal instant damage,

2) Good Old Times will continue even after Tanya dies.

Edited by OfficialLolicon, 06 November 2018 - 04:51 PM.

Currently playing the Touhou Series

You can use mission units in MO here

Spoiler

#1077 Divine

Divine

NGL, I was kinda drunk when I registered with this name.

• Members
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:07 PM

I've noticed that sometimes support powers that are supposed to spawn units don't work at all. I try to use the support power, the countdown resets, and nothing happends. So far it has happened with Scout Raven, Bloatick Ambush, and Magnetic Beam.

Some unofficial stuff I made for Mental Omega

Sidebar icons for normally not buildable stuff: Yuri Prime, Space CommandoAllied Jackal (obsolete)Gravitron
Skirmish Map: (2) Commietopia

Feedback and showcase thread

#1078 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:01 AM

Happens even more often with structure spawning tbh

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

#1079 Meyerm

Meyerm

Commisar

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:47 AM

Does anyone else have a problem with repair vehicles not wanting to auto-target nearby damaged vehicles? 

#1080 Polaris Starnor

Polaris Starnor
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 06:35 AM

There’s nothing that can really be done about that, best you can do is give your repair vehicles a guard command and hope for the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users