• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

Volkov's craving back Stalin's pants is gone too... :(

If you were serious about that, it's "I cry back to Stalin's times" :v

Wiki's going along well.

Amongst other things I've created a 'Third World War' page to chronicle Act 1 of the game. Its a good start.

Notes :

1. In the commanders table :

a. It's 'Proselyte', not 'Prosolyte'

b. Rashidi might be a valid addition as a 'Commander' in Epsilon's side, since he led the Scorpion Cell and all.

c. Does Carville exist here? We never see him in briefing or anything.

2. The only 'terrorist organizations' is Scorpion Cell, no one else afaik.

3. Outcome should be on the bottom

4. The next war should not be called 'Psychic Dominator War' (yet), there isn't even any mention about Psychic Dominator as far as campaign goes. For all we know, it might not be invented yet until Act 3.

5. 'Psicorps', not 'Psicorp' (on the text)

6. Replace EA with Euro Alliance, maybe keep US as it is, or retype it in full

Edited by Handepsilon, 03 January 2017 - 06:44 PM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#42 Solais

Solais

Conspiracy Theorist

• Members
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

Volkov's craving back Stalin's pants is gone too... :(

If you were serious about that, it's "I cry back to Stalin's times" :v

Yes, I know, but a lot of people misheard it, it became a meme, and I guess that's why it was removed. :V

Also, there's a Psychic Dominator in one of the new Epsilon Coop missions.

Edited by Solais, 03 January 2017 - 07:51 PM.

#43 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

Someone triggered me on Reznov and Krukov descriptions in "Characters"

-

Edit: Already fixed what was triggering me.

Edited by Black/Brunez, 03 January 2017 - 11:28 PM.

#44 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega APYR Wiki
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

All Allied units are done, now moving to structures. This will be a quite long effort.

#45 Black/Brunez

Black/Brunez

Title? What title?

• Project Team
  • 1,262 posts
  •  Mentalmeister - Random Annoying Guy

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

Oh, keep in mind that the Future Tank X-0 is not an old unit. It's still avaliable on the campaing

And the "X hero can die during X mission"... I don't think this is necessary at all. Without counting that the "die part" is a misinformation. They just get knocked out. 

#46 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

Oh, keep in mind that the Future Tank X-0 is not an old unit. It's still avaliable on the campaing

And the "X hero can die during X mission"... I don't think this is necessary at all. Without counting that the "die part" is a misinformation. They just get knocked out. 

Noted. About the hero, it was said that the hero "can die without compromising the mission" rather than "die during X mission"...

EDIT: All Allied structures and defenses are done except for Power Turbine as I haven't found the icon for it yet. Soon I'll move on to support powers.

More help, especially in making new pages and polishing existing ones, are needed and most appreciated.

Edited by nikitazero678, 07 January 2017 - 09:43 AM.

#47 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

Added quotes, overview, some trivia, top quote and removed the stub mark from Stormchild.

Spoiler

#48 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:43 PM

Finally, the entire Allied arsenal (minus the miscellanous objects and old units) are completed.

Before moving on to the Soviet arsenal, the Allied ones will have to be improved by completing the articles, so if anyone can give detailed explanation about them, your help is always welcome.

Edited by nikitazero678, 07 January 2017 - 04:06 PM.

#49 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

Finally, the entire Allied arsenal (minus the Power Turbine and miscellanous/old units) are completed.

Before moving on to the Soviet arsenal, the Allied ones will have to be improved by completing the articles, so if anyone can give detailed explanation about them, your help is always welcome.

Your orders, my ideas.

Spoiler

#50 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:12 PM

All Soviet infantry are done. Tomorrow I'll continue on the rest, starting from vehicles.

#51 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach

Supérior Caliburwielder

• Project Team
  • 2,187 posts
  • Projects:Infinty Engine modding, OpenHV, Attacque Supérior (sometimes)
  •  That guy you keep hearing the stories about.

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:25 PM

Regarding the VO script someone linked: what are stored there are the scripts. What were implemented are what the VAs provided and were acceptable. I remember MQ losing a line when implemented as well due to this. While sometimes the VAs improv additional lines - see the Oxidizer - in more of the cases lines are getting dropped/cropped during getting them ingame (my favourite example here is the Wolfhound's "Ah, the sound of my blades" line which lost the aaah part and got into the wierd Sound of my blades! or Catastrophe's Missiles are go! line which got cropped down due to the VA's phone ringing(!) - said VA was a random guy Speeder found in the studio he was recording Tyrant/Volkov at and they did Cata in one run afaik).

Oh btw for some reason I still have the masters of these voices. :D
kuuHd4s.png6pDXsCS.png
n0J1wqE.pngIX8pBXZ.png

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2

ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

#52 Allied Commander ???

Allied Commander ???

Tweaks INI and MIX files

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

I'm off the grid for a while. But I think I will be back to expand those Arsenal pages whenever I'm free. Good job for those who help created a big picture for the wiki.

#53 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:32 AM

Alright, it's looking good, all Soviet vehicles and aircraft are done. Soon I'll move on to the rest, starting from ships.

EDIT: All Soviet structures are completed. Only defenses and support powers that remain.

Edited by nikitazero678, 08 January 2017 - 09:32 AM.

#54 Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelbythetriagularsquare

Shelby

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:30 PM

I can add the pros and cons to those units later, along with the quotes and overview.

Spoiler

#55 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:51 PM

The entire Soviet arsenal is finished now.

Now I'll move on to the Epsilon arsenal. Once everything is finished I can start polishing the pages. The fact that only few that helps in the wiki development made things difficult too.

Edited by nikitazero678, 09 January 2017 - 07:05 AM.

#56 Eric

Eric

Mental Strategist

• Members
  • 195 posts
  •  Robot In Grease, BURRRAH

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:29 AM

I'll try to handle the Hero Units for a category page. I already edited the Game Modes page.

#57 HTD

HTD
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Projects:MO TV Tropes

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

For one thing, I don't see the value of having separate 'X' and 'X (support power)' pages (where X is any unit or building that is deployed via support power). Or separate 'Tactical Nuke' and 'Nuke Silo' pages, or separate 'Boidmachine' and 'Boid Blitz'.

Edited by HTD, 09 January 2017 - 09:21 AM.

#58 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

For one thing, I don't see the value of having separate 'X' and 'X (support power)' pages (where X is any unit or building that is deployed via support power). Or separate 'Tactical Nuke' and 'Nuke Silo' pages, or separate 'Boidmachine' and 'Boid Blitz'.

Units/structures and support powers are separate entities, so I think both should be separated for the sake of convenience. In case of units and structures available only through support powers, the unit/structure should be put together in the support power itself.

Anyway, now I'll work to finish Epsilon and Foehn articles.

#59 HTD

HTD
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • Projects:MO TV Tropes

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

Units/structures and support powers are separate entities, so I think both should be separated for the sake of convenience.

I'm not so sure of that; the connection between the SWs and the respective buildings is too 'strong' to separate them into two pages (with the building's one and only purpose being providing the SW except the Chronosphere and Iron Curtain). It's like having separate pages for the Scud and its missiles, the Destroyer and its Osprey, or the Resheph and its energy balls; it doesn't feel right. The CNC Wiki doesn't do it either.

On another note, why are the Drakuv and Repair Drone listed in the vehicles section of the arsenal template, but not the Libra Clone in the infantry section?

#60 nikitazero678

nikitazero678
  • Members
  • 116 posts
  •  Observer and Watcher

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:23 AM

The CnC wiki actually did separate structures and its corresponding support powers (though not all) for several games like CnC3 and CnC4. In case of the Scud and Resheph, it is mentioned in the notes that the projectile can be shot down, while the Osprey's stats is added into the Destroyer's.

The Libra Clone's stats is unknown, so it is not listed as an infantry. In Drakuv and Repair Drone's case, if I have admin rights for the wiki, I would have merged both pages - for now I'll leave it as it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users