#201 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,798 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega Almost Perfect Yuri's Revenge
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 03 January 2019 - 10:31 AM

AI doesn't build the Blast Furnace because it doesn't know how to use it properly.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#202 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Mapper and Mix Hacker

• Members
  • 2,063 posts
  •  No, I don't main PsiCorps. I suck at it.

Posted 03 January 2019 - 11:56 AM

You will rarely see it in Multi as well. Your money is better spent on more tanks than Blasticide really

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

(Sorry for any double posts, my mobile browser is messed up atm)

#203 J23k4z

J23k4z
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

Lionheart can be dreadful against armored unit clusters. Having an EMP effect on it means that it is also good as a support bomber and can instantly kill hovercrafts if they are on water thanks to the EMP. It's definitely not the easiest to use stolen tech, it might be niche in most cases, but buffing it might result it being overshot ( like in the case of Tyrants people actually asked for :) )

Pretty sure hovercrafts are immune to EMP in 3.3.4. Lionheart and Dragonfly won't instantly sink them now!

My list based from my multiplayer experience:

• Syncronins / Syncronauts - Underused. I almost never seen them, maybe once in 20 games. Megalodons can raze buildings decently without syncro support.
  • Hijackers - Underused. Probably too situational & too difficult to use them.
  • Dybbuk-Attackers - Underused. They are not useless but a bit too specialized in anti-armor.
  • Toxic Strike - Underused. Rarely used because I rarely build Aerodomes for SC.
  • Draco Tank - Underused. Supercool tank but the tank's base speed, hp and damage is underwhelming. I prefer to use Jackal Racers + Lancers + Minermites combo. I'm surprised Jackals can kill buildings rather quickly by the way (even faster than foehn MBTs).
  • Tarchia Cannon - Underused. Excellent damage output but too sluggish.
  • Kappa Tank - Underused. Simply mediocre.
  • Warhawk - Underused. Mass rocketeers are better.

• Tyrants - Overused. Too good in 3.3.4, wreck bases.
  • Bloatick Traps - Overused. Infantry deleter. (most of the time)
  • 1 tile defenses - Overused. Tanky and difficult to kill.

#204 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Mapper and Mix Hacker

• Members
  • 2,063 posts
  •  No, I don't main PsiCorps. I suck at it.

Posted 03 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

Either Petya was referring to all hover units (which ain't a lot of units to begin with) or he never actually paid attention to patch changes :shiftee:.

Syncronin is a meme though, being that you can use them to make blackout missiles actually destroy stuff. Also nice support too

The rest, yeah

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

(Sorry for any double posts, my mobile browser is messed up atm)

#205 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

New unused voiceline found: Cavalier has a move voice "We'll hold that position". Is this voice forgotten to add, or abandoned for some reason? If it is the latter, what are the reasons?

#206 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  Is okay at Foehn

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:56 PM

On the subject of Draco Tanks, buffing their turret drones would make them more relevant.

Draco feels like a tank that has no special abilities.

Abilities that rely on T1+ tech have turned either to be completely unused (Bison's increased Nanocharge repair rate, Kappa's old increased healing from backwarp) or annoying with no counterplay (rhino's IC duration).

Draco tank is the former. And only the drone is ever used in a MP match. Jaguars have a similar death mechanic but it's infinitely more potent. I'm not saying buffing Draco drone to Jaguar-levels, but adding more damage to drones against anything except infantry might be a good start.

Edited by Tathmesh, 08 February 2019 - 11:57 PM.

#207 JackoDerp

JackoDerp
  • Members
  • 150 posts
  • Projects:Doing dumb shit to Red Alert 1
  •  Arrogant arsehole with questionable sanity.

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:06 AM

Abilities that rely on T1+ tech have turned either to be completely unused (Bison's increased Nanocharge repair rate, Kappa's old increased healing from backwarp) or annoying with no counterplay (rhino's IC duration).

Bison's repair rate has no effect because who has Bison at that time
Kappa thing idgaf
and Rhino's IC thing was removed before it got added.

Dracos are just weak MBTs in general. Why make them when you can make obnoxious Roadrunners or spam OP Minermites anyway?

Everyone seems to be arguing over how Yunru came into such a position of power,

yet nobody is willing to explain how Rahn's weapon is able to teleport a pair of shorts.

#208 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 296 posts
  •  Is okay at Foehn

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:29 AM

Bison's repair rate has no effect because who has Bison at that time
Kappa thing idgaf
and Rhino's IC thing was removed before it got added.

Dracos are just weak MBTs in general. Why make them when you can make obnoxious Roadrunners or spam OP Minermites anyway?
Didn't see the IC removal and never bothered to double check that. But evidently it was removed because it was going to be annoying as fuck.

I agree with all the above.

Edited by Tathmesh, 09 February 2019 - 12:32 AM.

#209 TerumasaReal

TerumasaReal
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:28 PM

New unused voiceline found: Cavalier has a move voice "We'll hold that position". Is this voice forgotten to add, or abandoned for some reason? If it is the latter, what are the reasons?

Oh, there's others: "For the Russian glory" for Stalin's Fist and "Precisely" for Quetzal: the latter had incorrect name typo in soundfile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users