#361 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:58 AM

I think the Mastodon is good where it is, it's a support tank with a shit ton of raw range. Also, nanocharge is too good with a giant's bane army. 

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#362 EtherealDark

EtherealDark
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:41 AM

Another issue with pteras is their ability to fire while on the move. This, coupled with their speed, allows players to eliminate entire entire armor blobs or an epic unit by just casually passing through. Removing their ability to fire on the move should force players to actively engage their targets and strategically position their pteras.

#363 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  Degenerate Haihead Main

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

Another issue with pteras is their ability to fire while on the move. This, coupled with their speed, allows players to eliminate entire entire armor blobs or an epic unit by just casually passing through. Removing their ability to fire on the move should force players to actively engage their targets and strategically position their pteras.

I thought that was the point of Pteranodon tho :V

That thing had its armour nerfed and now it will die from a couple slingshot pellets, I don't think it's designed to be a direct assault unit.

You're suppose to dip in and out with the Pteranodon, like Abrams Tanks.

Maybe some anti-Aircraft units should have their speed buffed, like Aeroblaze.

#364 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:08 PM

Aeroblaze is the last AA unit that needs buffs, it's possibly the best AA unit in the game.

besides, pteranodons can dip in without having to dip out because they'll annihilate any AA vehicle with just the AoE (and if you micro you are sure to get all of them) AA infantry's numbers can be reduced significantly with just 1 devourer (and if you're really good you can bait him into position with pteras) and then there are also zorbs who yes, are getting nerfed but will still be a danger to your infantries.

Edited by StolenTech, 28 June 2017 - 02:10 PM.

#365 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

Good to hear that support pads will be added. What reinforcements will it provide in infantry-only mode?

Coronian drop-pods containing t1 infantry could be a good idea.

I also suggest a regular (2-5 minutes) drop of one single Cyborg Vanguard lol

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#366 DarkEmblem

DarkEmblem

MO Balance's Nemesis

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:45 AM

Since Foehn is apparently having trouble getting nerfed, I propose a non-Foehn option. Foehn literally makes some maps unplayable. (bad weather bottom vs bottom for example)

#367 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

no why

just ban maps or something

#368 Thesilver

Thesilver
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Maps are all over the place in this mod, there are bound to be bad ones when you have over a hundred of them making sure they are different. Although to be honest, i see so much complaining about foehn camping when if you ask me epsilon players jerking behind chimera cores are far more frustrating to deal with then a plasmerizer. Since only the sodar array can detect further then an adepts range this makes attacking a defensive epsilon very faction specific in how difficult it can be. Haihead can break and stomp defensive epsilon effortlessly though. Megalodon's counter all of the epsilon's tricks they can pull with a chimera.

#369 DarkEmblem

DarkEmblem

MO Balance's Nemesis

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

no why

just ban maps or something

Ban maps because a faction makes some maps unplayable. Sure. xD

Edited by DarkEmblem, 04 July 2017 - 07:31 PM.

#370 StolenTech

StolenTech

title available

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:59 PM

so you'd rather ban an entire faction which took 3 or more years to make ? :v 

for real though, a no-Foehn button would be nice.

#371 DarkEmblem

DarkEmblem

MO Balance's Nemesis

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:31 PM

so you'd rather ban an entire faction which took 3 or more years to make ? :v 

for real though, a no-Foehn button would be nice.

3 years to make, another 3 years to balance as long as suggestions aren't being tried out :v

#372 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:02 AM

Well with the whole jackals being early amphibious.

But oil initials are getting nerfed too so...

PS : you never talk about balance and Haihead at the same time. They're contradicting terms.

:p

Edited by Handepsilon, 05 July 2017 - 12:03 AM.

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#373 DarkEmblem

DarkEmblem

MO Balance's Nemesis

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:26 AM

Well with the whole jackals being early amphibious.

But oil initials are getting nerfed too so...

PS : you never talk about balance and Haihead at the same time. They're contradicting terms.

:p

Just making sure that foehn gets LESS of an advantage than it already did isn't exactly the right nerf though. xD That's like saying.
"Hey, here is a cure for that pain you have there." " But you still have aids"

Edited by DarkEmblem, 05 July 2017 - 01:27 AM.

#374 Handepsilon

Handepsilon

Firestorm Gnome

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Renegade X: Firestorm
  •  *intensely rolls around*

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:47 AM

That's why I trailed off there. I do that when I'm less than 100% sure about stuff :D

And yep I see your point

I like gnomes

YunruThinkEmoji.png

Visit us in Totem Arts site
(Firestorm is still SoonTM)

#375 PACER

PACER

RTS Lorewalker

• Members
  • 547 posts
  •  Much to babble about

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

If we balance factions, then maps can't possibly be perfectly balanced at the same time. And vice versa.

The only viable choice seems to keep the factions balanced, and try to create the best maps possible.

In more formal tournaments, we could always use the ban-pick mechanism to keep the game fair, either on maps or on factions. Just like Red Alert 3, Starcraft, or even Dota. 

In-game speed vs real life speed?   
Malver in Obisidian Sands?   
Strength-Agility-Intellect subfactions?    

#376 DarkEmblem

DarkEmblem

MO Balance's Nemesis

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

If we balance factions, then maps can't possibly be perfectly balanced at the same time. And vice versa.

The only viable choice seems to keep the factions balanced, and try to create the best maps possible.

In more formal tournaments, we could always use the ban-pick mechanism to keep the game fair, either on maps or on factions. Just like Red Alert 3, Starcraft, or even Dota. 

This may be correct in a slight manner, but the way that foehn has an advantage in MANY maps and not even slightly, but significantly, makes a lot of maps unfair. This while Foehn is already OP without having a map advantage.

#377 NorthFireZ

NorthFireZ

MO Caster, Community Ghost

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • Projects:MO Faction Guides
  •  Random Asshole

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:24 PM

Well here goes. 

Dear Speeder. 

This message is primarily directed at you and the overabundance of stuff you're introducing to patch 3.3.2. Simply put, it's too much. The development team is great, they're putting hard work in trying to finish all the missions, model replacements, and maps. Yet, when they are nearing the end point, you keep adding more to the list. Everyone was extremely excited when the 3.3.2 proposed changelog was announced back in may, but now most people are disheartened by set back after set back. People are less likely to suggest things on the forums if they can't see the fruits of their endeavors. You can see this already happening where people wait restlessly for the next patch. Even discussions about gameplay/balance in the Discord Channel has slowed down significantly. The constant addition of more content is incredibly ambitious and I applaud you for having a vision of where you want to be with the mod, but for the rest of the player base, it's just more time until the much-needed balancing changes come to light. I play a MO multiplayer match almost every day ever since 3.3.0 came out. Games no longer become fun when you realize faults, but the fix is nowhere in sight. There's always this disdainful taste when finishing a game where nothing fair was done by the opponent, but they won anyway due to the incredible abuses one can take advantage of. Most of which, are already highlighted by the community. Some of which aren't even going to be fixed in the next patch. Another thing is patch 3.3.2 is twice as large as the previous patch and contains even MORE needed changes proposed by the community. I do appreciate the work you and everyone else on your team put out for us all. MO has been an amazing experience so far and if I didn't enjoy the mod I wouldn't be playing it every day. Delaying 3.3.2 even more will be a mistake, I hope you stick to what's here already and set a release date. 

-Sincerely NorthFireZ

P.S, Pteranodons absolutely do need that speed nerf.

I have a year-long Writer's block @ https://www.fanficti...1/At-Mind-s-End But youtube is doing well! https://www.youtube....ser/andywong545

#378 TeslaCruiser

TeslaCruiser

Elitist condescending prick, Arrogant cunt

• Members
  • 324 posts
  •  mp bot

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:02 AM

Oh boi

I feel you north

Can we have a patch with the consolidated balance changes and then a proper 3.3.2 patch when all is ready? Maybe?

Some fixes are needed so hard :(

#379 Destroyencio

Destroyencio

Black Snow

• Members
  • 286 posts
  • Projects:Mapper for RA2 mods.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:39 AM

NorthFireZ is right. This game is becoming too much an "abuse that to win".

Basically there are plenty of things that are really abusable and countering them is an annoyance more than a feature. 

For example: 8 Stormchildren/BEagles destroying your tech like nothing and with minimal loses (1 or 2 loses and sometimes not even that). Even if it's surrounded by AA. Why? First cause AA in this game is really weak. Flaks/Gatts do piss damage on planes, and Patriots/Shrikes just miss the target all the time. Second: cause Black Widow increases armor of jets and also DECREASES AA's armor. Seriously, why? This is really unfair. 

At least things like Zorbs got nerfed and they're in a good state now. But seriously, now with Pteranodons, the nerf that they had before IT'S needed. No way a Heavy Aircraft with 850 HP and heavy armor do hit 'n run attacks without almost taking dmg because AAs are either weak or slow af. 

Hope this post is not ignored, cause right now and for quite some time already Allied jets and air units in general have been too overwhelming in general.

Edited by Destroyencio, 07 July 2017 - 02:07 AM.

#380 Tathmesh

Tathmesh

title available

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:58 AM

I'm not entirely familiar with how RA2 programming works, but a few number tweaks every so often wouldn't hurt. I'm assuming it's just changing a few variables but I'm not entirely sure. Big patches like 3.3.2 can be saved for more game-changing updates like missions, new units, or reworks. 

Personally, I have good patience, especially when it came with Foehn's release, but waiting a few months for some number changes might be too much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users