dawn of war dark crusade mod realistic kapak realistix new mod 2020

130 replies to this topic

#41 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:35 PM

Second Tyranids

same problems of broken stat they are just invicible if you don't use a other broken faction

The spore mine doesn't expode when they are killed and ther's no animation effect when they expolde by themselves

I have to redo all the Tyranid stats because, as I said in the warning, I deleted some moded files without the intention to do it, and so the stats might be the original tyranid mod stat, so they are not balanced at all with the other factions.
Just ignore them for the moment

#42 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:08 PM

Ok so i do some game and here is my first report

First the Tau

The sats of all they uits are broken exemple a fire warrior stats are 40-300 dammage for close combet and 65-288 for ranged the drone make between 960 and 3520 dammage and only have 20hp wtf

The kroots units are all free the vespid and the stealth suits are also free

Many batiments can produce fire warrior including the first upgrade batiments and the vehicle one

There is two case for producing exo armor Crisis in the barracks

Tau use this weapon in melee : ""tau fire warrior rifle melee"" and its stats are : 20 - 150
So I don't why you see 40 - 300

I don't know if the value you see in the game depend entirely on the stats I have acces too in the mod studio

The drones :
They have two sorts of mini plasma shotguns that shoot really fast, but I can't make them as powerful as plasma guns because they shoot realy fast and this is the same weapon than the first weapon of the stealth suit, named burst canon. And stealth suit weapon shoot really really fast, so I can't make huge damages on each shot, they would be invincible, and in the game it doesn't look that powerfull.
SO,  I estimated his value :
200 - 650

The reload time is : 0.5 (two shots per second)

so I don't really know why you see the value you are seeing because It's note a multiple of the value I put in the mod studio.. I'll take a look at it

The drones have 20 HP but they are counted as vehicles by the game, so they're armour is really mor resistant than an infantry one, so they have less HP. Without their low HP they would be indestrctible by most of the basic weapons (like guard lazguns).

Unit costs :
Everything sould be free (in requisition and in energy) because the production gameplay is only based on the time cost for the moment

Unit production buildings :
Yes most of the buildings can produce fire warrior units, because of their fluff ability to redeploy they should be able in the game to have all the tau fire warrior units appearing at the same time on the screen.
And more ease to replace tau units on the terrain
You might have seen that you can also produce a devilfish with outposts, because of the fluff ability of the devilfish to be used as a "scout"

Maybe those are bad ideas, I don't know

The crisis Suits :
Their is two sort of Crisis suit units, one basic (that you can reinforce untill 3 suits in the unit)
One "hero" suit with better health and regeneration

Broadsides :
I can't make them reinforce because they have a "trench" ability (when they put their feet in the ground) and this is not compatible with the reinforcing, they can only be one in the unit.

I tried many times putting the heavy weapon team in the basic guard units, because normaly each guard unit could have a heavy weapon team, and I tried to put 3 heavy weapon teams together in one unit, like you can do in the codex, or attached to the command squad or I tried to make them attachable to any squad...
But each time I make them trench (put the weapon with the sandbags) the game crashes.
So for now this is not an option.

Stealth suits time cost :
As I understood in the fluff stealth suits are prototypes so I made them hard to replace. It's good for the gameplay too because they are fuckin powerfull when you upgrade their weapons into fusion weapons (and even before).
They are infiltrating, they can jump and they have fusion weapons, so killing machines, you have to take care of them when playing the tau, I though it would be a good I idea to add this issue for the tau users

When fully deployed and well organised the tau are really devastating so I can't make them all easy to produce

Tell me if you think they are good ideas and reasons or if you really don't like it or have other ideas

Anyway thank you very much for testing and participating !

#43 Guest_Kasrkin_*

Guest_Kasrkin_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

I think ther's something you don't understand for the stats the tau and the tyrranids pulverized everything with only the base troops the stats of the other faction seems normal so they don't even have a chance

I mean a fire warrior is stronger in close combat than a grey knight and the resistance or hp of the other faction don't seems affected so they turn into ash with a single hit

#44 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:44 PM

I think ther's something you don't understand for the stats the tau and the tyrranids pulverized everything with only the base troops the stats of the other faction seems normal so they don't even have a chance

I mean a fire warrior is stronger in close combat than a grey knight and the resistance or hp of the other faction don't seems affected so they turn into ash with a single hit

That is not what I have in my mod version, damn what happened ?

I think I have an idea, but if it's true man I have to redo everything...

I have a question that would help to know if my idea is true : Do the weapons can shoot through terrain when you play ?

And my idea is difficult to explain.
When I made my mod and my maps I runned the mod studio as normal (not as administrator), but we have established that the files of my map were stocked in a hidden fil wich I don't have access to.
Maybe the files of the mod were stocked in a hidden file too... and so that would explain why we don't have the same version, it's because when I copied the mod to share it the hidden files were not copied and so you don't have a complete version of the mod... Maybe it could be that..

So tell me, do the weapons can shoot through terrain (not objects or walls, just terrain) ?

#45 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:58 PM

Google "show hidden files and folders windows 10'"

So I followed instructions from various sites and I think I tried all the possible ways to show the hidden files, I searched everywhere, including in the \virtualstore\ but nothing (and windows still says the virtual store doesn't exist)...

Now there is another problem, wich is that when I did my mod, I didn't run the mod studio as admin at any moment,so maybe my mod files are lost as well as the maps are for the moment.

So if you tried the mod, tell me if it matches with the stats I listed in te previous posts or if it matches what mister Kasrkin have said about tau fire warriors ?
And are the weapons able to shoot through terrain ?

I fear I have to redo all the mod...

#46 Guest_Kasrkin_*

Guest_Kasrkin_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:00 PM

What do you mean by "shoot through terrain" ?

#47 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:18 PM

What do you mean by "shoot through terrain" ?

I'll explain in french

Est ce que les unités peuvent tirer à travers le sol en gros, à travers les collines, les dunes, les montagnes. Genre les armes de base comme les fusils lazers, si tu vois que ça peut traverser les reliefs du terrain dis le moi.
A travers les murs des décors urbains ou de n'importe quel objet ça c'est normal, on peut pas le modifier, mais dans mon mod j'ai fais en sorte qu'aucune arme (à part l'artillerie) ne puisse tirer à travers le relief/terrain/sol/montagnes etc, donc si dans ta version tu peux ça confirmerait que tu n'as vraiment presqu'aucun si ce n'est aucun fichier de mon mod.
Ce qui voudrais dire que j'aurais tout à refaire... à moins de trouver ces foutus fichiers cachés

#48 Guest_Kasrkin_*

Guest_Kasrkin_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:56 PM

J'ai bien peur que ce soit la cas sauf avec les tau et les tyrannids qui sont apparemment les seuls a avoir subis les modifications de ton mods

(ps j'avis pas fais attention mais certain bâtiment des tau sont gratuit aussi)

#49 Guest_Kasrkin_*

Guest_Kasrkin_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:57 PM

Des sniper eldar on tirée a travers les arbres la première carte alors que les guerrier de feu tau ne pouvais pas

#50 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:41 PM

Merde alors... je crois bien que c'est ça

merci pour ces infos ! Sans toi j'aurais continué à moder dans le vide ^^

Je me prépare déjà à refaire le mod sur d'autres bases,
j'aimerais le refaire sur la base du mod de mister Moreartillery, il a réussi à inclure pas mal de nouvelles unités et de nouvelles armées et je sais pas faire ça.
Je vais lui demander s'il me le permet, ça rendrait le mod encore plus intéressant.

Je pense aussi à écrire les stats des unités sur des tableaux et vous envoyer les photos, comme ça vous pourrez me dire votre avis plus précis sur les modifications à apporter.

#51 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:43 PM

Des sniper eldar on tirée a travers les arbres la première carte alors que les guerrier de feu tau ne pouvais pas

Tout ça est étrange, je me demande pourquoi les modif ont tenues uniquement sur les taus... enfin bref, avant que je trouve un moyen de trouver ces hidden files, je pense que j'aurais le temps de refaire un mod ^^

Edited by KebaxKapak, 30 June 2020 - 09:43 PM.

#52 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:50 PM

Man, as I can't find the hidden files and folders, and as I know now from Kasrkin that it happens the same for the mod than for the maps.
You probably noticed that the tau fire warrior were super strenght and that weapons can shoot through terrain, and that's really not the mod I made. But when I copied it to share it the hidden files didn't follow, so most of the mod files are ""hidden"" and still no way to find them.

So as this shit is happening I would ask you if I can start a new mod based on your Cinematic Mod, sure I will credit you as the ceator of the mod and me as the mod moder of it. Would you allow me ?

Because you managed to put new factions and squads in it and I'm not able to do it, and your mod is pretty much well done, I have nothing negative to say about it, so it's a good starting point for me to apply my ideas.

Thanks you anyway for all your advices !

Edited by KebaxKapak, 01 July 2020 - 12:36 AM.

#53 Moreartillery

Moreartillery
  • Members
  • 246 posts
  • Projects:Cinematic Battles

Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:19 AM

Man, as I can't find the hidden files and folders, and as I know now from Kasrkin that it happens the same for the mod than for the maps.
You probably noticed that the tau fire warrior were super strenght and that weapons can shoot through terrain, and that's really not the mod I made. But when I copied it to share it the hidden files didn't follow, so most of the mod files are ""hidden"" and still no way to find them.

So as this shit is happening I would ask you if I can start a new mod based on your Cinematic Mod, sure I will credit you as the ceator of the mod and me as the mod moder of it. Would you allow me ?

Because you managed to put new factions and squads in it and I'm not able to do it, and your mod is pretty much well done, I have nothing negative to say about it, so it's a good starting point for me to apply my ideas.

Thanks you anyway for all your advices !

Why not just help with me with my mod? Your goals are very similar to mine and I've already done all the corsix stuff. You'll need to learn 3ds max/OE, fx coding, sound, or image editing but I can help you with that.

I posted a detailed summery of what my mod does in its thread.

https://forums.revor...ematic-battles/

This is my to do list, if you know how to do any of these things let me know.

FX:
add new multi melta fx
make chaos autocannon fx
make vanquisher cannon fx
zoeys and hivetyrant need a shield fx,
fix deathspitter tracer

Balance:
standardise sight range,
standardise morale
remove power cost from lps,
nerf multi meltas, partly done
revist guard cover bonus

3ds max/OE:
fix thunderfire tracks,
sm vindicator tracks go backwards
stalker and rhino tracks don't move
dark eldar vehicles need jump and fire rate OE code
add death anim for night bringer
give lord of change a firing animation,
striking scorpions need a burrow animation,
seperate scout sentinal from armored sentinal,
add fire rate mod to hivetyrant and remove adrenal gland - 3ds max crashes when trying to fix hivetyrant skin,
add lights to hydra, wyvern, marauder, lighting, and stormsword
add new railgun fx and remove entrenchment from tau broadside

Textures:
hh_chaos_space_marine has some grey areas on the .rsh

UI:
fix ork population ui,
some tyranid abilitys don't have unique icons
terminator chain fist needs description

New Content:
get new ork vehicles,
add vox caster to generals squad.
add tau breachers
add sisters relics and new acts of faith
add ard boys to ork honor guard
add frag missiles to all missile launchers
customize main menu

Other:
new races music doesn't play
finish 4p_bloodbath
add epic thunder sounds

Edited by Moreartillery, 01 July 2020 - 04:21 AM.

Developer of the Cinematic Battles mod.

https://www.moddb.co...nematic-battles

#54 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:39 AM

Why not just help with me with my mod? Your goals are very similar to mine and I've already done all the corsix stuff. You'll need to learn 3ds max/OE, fx coding, sound, or image editing but I can help you with that.

I posted a detailed summery of what my mod does in its thread.

https://forums.revor...ematic-battles/

This is my to do list, if you know how to do any of these things let me know.

FX:
add new multi melta fx
make chaos autocannon fx
make vanquisher cannon fx
zoeys and hivetyrant need a shield fx,
fix deathspitter tracer

Balance:
standardise sight range,
standardise morale
remove power cost from lps,
nerf multi meltas, partly done
revist guard cover bonus

3ds max/OE:
fix thunderfire tracks,
sm vindicator tracks go backwards
stalker and rhino tracks don't move
dark eldar vehicles need jump and fire rate OE code
add death anim for night bringer
give lord of change a firing animation,
striking scorpions need a burrow animation,
seperate scout sentinal from armored sentinal,
add fire rate mod to hivetyrant and remove adrenal gland - 3ds max crashes when trying to fix hivetyrant skin,
add lights to hydra, wyvern, marauder, lighting, and stormsword
add new railgun fx and remove entrenchment from tau broadside

Textures:
hh_chaos_space_marine has some grey areas on the .rsh

UI:
fix ork population ui,
some tyranid abilitys don't have unique icons
terminator chain fist needs description

New Content:
get new ork vehicles,
add vox caster to generals squad.
add tau breachers
add sisters relics and new acts of faith
add ard boys to ork honor guard
add frag missiles to all missile launchers
customize main menu

Other:
new races music doesn't play
finish 4p_bloodbath
add epic thunder sounds

So cool, thank you man.

I don't know much of the things you listed, and some I even don't understand.
But I would be glad to learn and help you !
I'll take a look at the link, thanks

I have suggestion for your mod : why not adding all the already existing material such as the black templars, imperial fists, blood angels, all the marines chapters people have made faction of, or deamons, or steel legion, you know, there are a few factions that are already made. It would be so cool to have a ultimate mod with all the available content, ruled in a realistic gameplay

Edited by KebaxKapak, 01 July 2020 - 08:40 AM.

#55 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:17 AM

Bon je pense que tu va plus avoir besoin de moi avant un moment.

Je viendrait jeter un coup d'oeil de temps en temps si t'a besoin de test poste une demande je ferais en sorte d'y répondre.

En attendant bon courage pour ce projet et puisse le dieu empereur être avec toi.

FOR THE IMPERIUM!!

#56 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 07:24 PM

Bon je pense que tu va plus avoir besoin de moi avant un moment.

Je viendrait jeter un coup d'oeil de temps en temps si t'a besoin de test poste une demande je ferais en sorte d'y répondre.

En attendant bon courage pour ce projet et puisse le dieu empereur être avec toi.

FOR THE IMPERIUM!!

Ca marche l'ami
La je bosse sur ma version du cinematic mod où je rééquilibre les dégâts et les PV pour donner ce sentiment de réalisme que je recherche.
J'ai déjà fait les Guardes, le Chaos, les Orks, les Marines et bientôt les Eldars.
Dès que j'ai finis les Eldars et réglé deux trois trucs je vous envoie une version basique (attention, ça sera vraiment pas abouti, mais c'est juste pour vous donner un aperçu du type de gameplay que je recherche, très agressif, très stratégique et risqué où ton armée peut être désintégrée si elle est mal engagée, où il faut planifier une attaque etc (à part si tu joues Ork^^ quoi que)).
Je pense que ça sera prêt en début de semaine prochaine.

Merci pour ton aide jusque là, ne serait-ce que psychologiquement ça compte pour avoir de la motivation.
Si tu veux t'amuser sur le mod de notre ami MoreArtillery en attendant et découvrir son travail voilà son topic, il me semble qu'il y a un ou deux liens de download dedans :
https://forums.revor...tles/?p=1109573

(Translation : If you want to have fun on our friend MoreAtillery's mod and discover his work here is his topic, there is a download link in it)

#57 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:24 AM

So my actual issues with the mod are :

1) How to change unit scales ?
Because I find the orks really too big, next to a guard a slugga looks like a troll or a giant, or hulk, and they are not the biggest orks.
Also if you compare a renegade to a cultist the cultist looks like uber human, really too big

2) How to find my maps hidden files ?
This issue is explained in the previous posts. I have a cool and big map, I edited it running the map editor not as administrator and now I can't access the files, I can play the maps but no way to copy the files to share them.

3) How to add a faction/race to the mod like the steel legion, or all the races mods that are already made, to unite them in one mod ?

4) How to make an FPS option in the skirmish as I explain it here : https://forums.revor...e/#entry1110118

5) I made some command squad for the chapter chaplain/commander but they make the game crash when I select the unit in the game (when the unit is built the game keeps on running, but when I click on the chaplain to use it the game crashes). I know they are meant to be "solo" characters, but I removed the attachable_ext in the ebps and added the squad_attach_receive, I added the "squad_reinforce_ext" and the ""squad_leader_ext"", everything seems to be written wright, so I don't understand what is wrong and makes the game crashes.

I have a few more issues, but I don't have them in mind right now.
If we can resolve that it would be awesome already.

I'll post a link to download a ""preview"" version of the mod in the next days.
I basically changed the units health and the weapon dammages but it's enough to give you some idea of what I'm looking for in terms of gameplay and visual sensation.

#58 Gambit

Gambit

title available

• Members
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

Hello brother KebaxKapak.

1) How to change unit scales ?

Each model comes with a .lua file that has the same name as the model.

Is is a TEXT file, so you can edit it via notepad.

What you need to change is the following values to match your need:

vis_scale_min            = 1.00,    
    vis_scale_max            = 1.00,   

In Unification, we have not touched the infantry sizes (but we DID add shadows). On the other hand we scaled up all vehicles to better match the expected proportions.

3) How to add a faction/race to the mod like the steel legion, or all the races mods that are already made, to unite them in one mod ?

One word: Unification!

Do not do it by yourself. You will encounter MANY issues.

I have done that already in Unification.

5) I made some command squad for the chapter chaplain/commander but they make the game crash when I select the unit in the game (when the unit is built the game keeps on running, but when I click on the chaplain to use it the game crashes). I know they are meant to be "solo" characters, but I removed the attachable_ext in the ebps and added the squad_attach_receive, I added the "squad_reinforce_ext" and the ""squad_leader_ext"", everything seems to be written wright, so I don't understand what is wrong and makes the game crashes.

This is an UI limitation. "Poor" AE coding usually end up giving those issues.

I do not have the time to help you further, but this issue CAN DEFINITELY be addressed.

-In search of Papasmurf...

#59 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:24 PM

Hey

1) I saw those values in the Corsix Mod studio and I tried to change them a few times but the result is that when it's done nothing changes in the game and then I can't access to the LUA file anyomore.
    Saw I'll doo as you said with the note pad

3) Damn I did'nt know there is already a mod with all races, thank you so much for your work ! I'll try to find this unification mod !

5) Well, I think those commanders will be fine without their command squad for now, I have so much other things to do ^^ I can't code, but I'll learn little by little I guess

Thank you very much man, may the Emperor bless you

#60 KebaxKapak

KebaxKapak
  • Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:38 PM

Hello brother KebaxKapak.

One word: Unification!

Do not do it by yourself. You will encounter MANY issues.

I have done that already in Unification.

I found a unification mod for Soulstorm, not for Dark Crusade, but it's allright I can redo my modifications on Soulstorm (btw, does a Dark Crusade map can be played in Soulstorm ?)

So I have two questions :
1) Is there a dark crusade version ? 
2) Do you have a link to the latest version ?

The most recent I have been able to find is that one, but as I understood it's a not a definitive version and all the races are not playable :
https://www.moddb.co...f-war-soulstorm

Edited by KebaxKapak, 08 July 2020 - 11:41 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users