• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

#181 Mr. Painless

Mr. Painless
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  • Projects:Imperial Assault, The Sith War

Posted 27 September 2004 - 08:47 PM

Yeah I will clear some things up now. Okay, I know you all want a site that is 56k friendly, but fear. We actually have one near completion and should be uploading it and getting it working soon.

Okay this is the Nod Heavy Burrowing Tank:

Posted Image

It works in nearly the same fashion as the tick tank. But we have redone the Burrowing Animation so that it brings out a drill and actually drills the hole in the ground. It is quite cool. But basically consider it just a revamped tick tank.

Here is the link to the tanks animation video:

http://www.cnc-crims...d/TankTrans.zip

#182 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 28 September 2004 - 01:25 AM

... We've already seen in go back to like the 1st or 2nd page :grin:

There was a bit of an outrage about the physics about the tank, but maby the animation video will clear up any doubts about that...

#183 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 28 September 2004 - 12:13 PM

yeah that what I was asking about but seeing new angles is interesting. I guess it could work :grin:
Posted Image

#184 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:07 PM

holy shit its amazing.....is this a mod for generals? i really havnt bothered to look at this topic
My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#185 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:40 AM

Ok, I've got a question.

I don't know the exact polycounts, but you're units seem to have more than the usual Generals models. And you have some weird cloud layer, with a lot of Alpha Channel work. Doesn't that affect the performance on not up-to-date computers too much?
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#186 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:33 PM

Still from the time generals and zh was reliced a lot of new hardware and software are being used so i think it wil stil work fast enougth. utleast like zh.

#187 Guest_guest_Mr.Painless_*

Guest_guest_Mr.Painless_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2004 - 08:54 PM

Yes it is for ZH, and the unit poly count is possibly slightly higher than Generals models, but I dont think high enough to cause significant lag. Also, the cloud layer actually takes up less memory than 1 unit on the screen.

#188 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:01 PM

I havent watched the video of the animation mainly because I have nothing to play it in. Im presuming its the same animation video i've already seen though. Since we have an official Crimson Dawn person here now prehaps he can answer my question.

Mr Painless, how does that "Burrower" tank dig underground. For anyone who's ever used a power drill will know that the burrower tank cant possibly dig underground. Firstly, drills use a corkscrew shape, this is to transfer material from the head to the back. Its also used to reduce friction. Your drill is a cross shape, much like a phillips screwdriver. Now trying to make a hole using a phillips screwdriver is very hard. Thats why we use screws which are corkscrew shape.

Secondly, if you've ever used a power drill you'll notice you dont create a hole the size of the entire power drill, but only the size of the drill head. Your tank is in fact a power drill, albeit with a very poor drill head. Now when the drills cuts, it will make a hole the size of the maximum diameter of the screw. It will not magically cut a whole the whole size of the power drill. If you can indeed get a power drill to make a hole the size of the power drill i invite you to try. However, the only way to do this is to make multiple incisions which will take you several days to make a 1cm deep hole.

As i said before, the tank looks very nice, but in any world, past, present or future it hasnt got a hope in hell of making a hole for it to fit through. If you think it can, i advise you to go look at a power drill.

#189 Godwin

Godwin

title available

• Hosted
  • 491 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:21 PM

you cant dig a hole for the width of a tank using a powerdrill anyway... you'd need something like what the devil's tongue had, or maybe even a TBM...
Posted Image

#190 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:38 PM

Maybe it realy cant do a hole large enougth for a tank fastly but if talking about the drill head, when I think the cannons part (wich now is a drill) can move left and rigth. this doesnt means the hole will fit to the tank but if the drill can somehow move up and dawn i think it is possible to make a hole large enougth for a tank to be in.

btw i have seen much more stranger ways to create something in games than to creat a hole from this tank.

Edited by that?, 01 October 2004 - 03:38 PM.

#191 Verrückt

Verrückt

Hi Everybody!

• Project Team
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:RealAlert
  •  O-Bolt's Bitch, Wacky Forum Doctor.

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:11 PM

how much left is there till this mod is finished?
My heart goes out to Xeno.
Old Quotes:

@Mspencer : RoadReaction is calling everyone in your country a fascist invader who wants to invade Russia.
@Jeeves: Pie.

#192 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 11:03 PM

I am not a PR guy but I know the mod now is about ~35% finished and thats mean ~65% left.
if you asking about time then CD is planned to be released in winter 2005.

#193 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:21 PM

well, it seems noone has more Qabout CD so i just bive some info.
these is a screenshot of an EVA movie in CD:
Posted Image
quiet remainding the CNC3'S eva no?
Posted Image

Edited by that?, 21 November 2004 - 08:44 PM.

#194 Matrixnut42

Matrixnut42
  • New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 09:37 PM

and ive never seen generals mods making you download "gigs of files", heck generals itself is barely a gig!

i think it would come out to be just a couple of hundred megs, or even less

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although bear in mind that Generals didn't have CG Movies to tell the story, just the ingame ones, which are a fraction of the size.

Work on the mod is progressing, slowly but surely.
Here is the new Electronic Video Agent (EVA) interface:
Posted Image
Those of you with keen eyes will have spotted that it says "GDI" inplace of "UDI". This is because the GDI will become the UDI over the course of the story mode.

And here is the new UDI Force Field:
Posted Image
It has been designed, as with the cloud layer, not to take up too many system resources (both give the CPU the same load as one ingame tank). It will not constantly be this bright; it will flash pink when shot at, and the shot will create a "rippple" effect on the surface. The more enemy tanks shooting at it, the brighter it will become.

Thank you for your time,
Matrixnut42, Crimson Dawn Public Relations

#195 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 January 2005 - 10:30 PM

CD has been apdated with tons of new information about the game.
it has now cabal (v.2) and the GDI SpaceStation walkway to the new EVA wich u can see dawn here.
it is importaint to say that YOUR opinion counts in the creation of CD as for example the GDI SpaceStation walkway to the new EVA wich isn't ready yet and can be updated by your ideas and sujestions. write eny ideas or sujestions to the forum of CD:http://forum.cnc-crimsondawn.com/index.php
Posted Image
Posted Image
and here is the EXE:

Posted Image

and gideon's words:
"What Does this mean?
1.)I completly control the game with only the fare extents of the sage engine holding me down.

2.)No CD needed anymore (Now that have my own exe no cd will be required, please note: depending on my permissions I may have to make a cd requirment or make it dependant on a new CD)

New Features:
1.) Built in World Editor (go strait to the world builder for the exe)
2.) Cheat Menu (you will have to beat the game to unlock it)
3.) Exe uses DirectX9.0C and comes with a DirectX 9 installer
4.) Movie Viewer (which will allow you to watch the moves from the game, also only unlocked after the game is beaten)
5.) Auto updater (under the options menu the exe can auto update it self if a new version is out.)
6.) Music JukeBox (this will allow you to listen to all of CD's new music I may even include the old sound tracks for the other CnC)

7.) Anything else the communty may want if you have a good idea let me know. "

for more info check this adress:
http://forum.cnc-cri...p?t=294&start=0

Edited by that?, 09 January 2005 - 10:32 PM.

#196 spider-man_2099

spider-man_2099

title available

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 05:05 AM

I see
So it still sucks? good work.
Posted Image

#197 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:33 AM

and gideon's words:
"What Does this mean?
2.)No CD needed anymore (Now that have my own exe no cd will be required, please note: depending on my permissions I may have to make a cd requirment or make it dependant on a new CD)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gideon really needs to realise that this is completely illegal and EA will be banging at his door with a 6 figure lawsuit at least, probably even 7. It's a sure fire way to ending your entire chance of ever earning any money. EA isnt going to let someone use their engine to release a free game into the open market. Its just not good business sense. I've spent millions of dollars making this engine, now i'm going to distribute it to the world, for free, I think not.

He needs to get out of his little cloud in the sky and realise he can only make a TC. I don't understand how someone clever enough to be able to make all that, is dumb enough to think he can do it.

#198 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:43 AM

Hmm. I really don't see why this isn't viewed as a TC as AGT says. That is all it is , after all.

Edited by Major_Gilbear, 10 January 2005 - 08:46 AM.

#199 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 09:54 AM

I was informed that here are going to be negative reactions.
howhever in other places such new were posted it wasnt so negativ as in here.

please read gideons words from cncden (and btw it seems you arnt interested in CD just figthening it):
"I did not modyfy the sage the exe is programed from scratch by me the sage is nothing more then the physic engine so I did not have to modify a thing to make this exe nor did I reverse enginer any complied code. Plus I own the copy writes to the exe so there is nothing I can get sued on. All I do is use the sage to push the gaphics through thats all and that is the only reason why I would need to get permission from EA otherwise I could do whatever I want since the graphics, code, textures, sounds, and music are copywrited by me or the composers for Crimson Dawn music. The only thing EA has is the engine."

"But I'm working with them not against them and unless I cost them money or actully do something illegal they would never come after me since it would cost them thousands to go to court but I will abide by anything they want I'm just trying to make a game like I have always wanted to do its been one of my dreams and I have the ability to and a small time in my life that I can so why not. Mod or game it still something I get to creat and that is my joy in it and other can enjoy it too. I'm no better then any other modder out there, I'm sure plenty of people are better them me a just about everything. So I'm not competing I just want people to enjoy what I'm making "

Edited by that?, 10 January 2005 - 10:09 AM.

#200 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:43 AM

Yes, I read the CNC Den comments, I read them everyday. What he doesnt realise is that EA IS NOT going to allow him to make his own exe and run all his graphics through the sage engine. Professional companies pay millions of pounds to use an engine from another company. We'd all love to use the Half Life 2 engine to create our own game from, but it isnt going to happen. Hell even a lot of professional companies would like to do it and the only way they can is by forking out the cash. Somehow I dont think Gideon has that much cash lying around to fork out a license for the Sage engine. I somehow even doubt the marketing men at EA would actually sell it.

I highly doubt he's "working with them", we can all send EA an e-mail, it doesnt however get through to someone of any real importance or knowledge on the subject. I can pretty much guess how the e-mail conversation went in that Gideon sent an e-mail saying he's making a game using C&C Zero Hour and they said yes he can, probably of the basis that he's making a TC. I highly doubt any specifics of what he's actually doing has gone to someone who actually knows what is going on.

If he's coded this entirely from scratch, which I highly doubt he has, its very good work, but I really doubt he has. They will no doubt be a large portion of the code structure from Generals being used. If its his own game why isnt he using the improved Sage engine from BFME? I'm not fighting Crimson Dawn, I'm just trying to point out what he thinks he can do, and what he can do are two vastly different things.

And you that? obviously didnt read the comments on CNC Den, it wasnt exactly the rosiest of comment responses on the subject. Prehaps the CD Marketing Team and Gideon should actually make clear what they are doing before they go around every forum copy and pasting the exact same information.

If he's making his own game, the EA law suit will drop faster than you can imagine once released. Gideon will most likely be spending years in an american jail for it. If he's making a TC, start actually calling it that rather than making yourself sound better than everyone. This is why you get negative comments, because you speak down to the community. Speak to us, rather than down and you'll get a lot better response from people.

Oh, and before I forget, you're already breaking copyright by using the Command & Conquer logo. Probably should remove that before someone at EA finds out.

Edited by AdmiralGT, 10 January 2005 - 11:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users