Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:47 AM

also its "fighting" not figthening

so why go to the extent of no CD required to play! advertising.

exe, wow thats fine

The main CNC websites condone such actions because it isn't right. You are using the SAGE engine, the actions which control your units and the enviroment are owned and licensed by EA, command and conquer and the logo's are licensed. We all know they did a slack job when texturing and programming but still its there work.

EA until recently just ignored consumer modifications to there games (they are "providing" support in future)

Look at Blizzard being noobs and closing down several mods related to any other there games

"But I'm working with them not against them and unless I cost them money or actully do something illegal they would never come after me since it would cost them thousands to go to court" :laugh: :dry: :alien: <^_^

Hello uh they a multi-billion $ corporate company, a think a company of 1000 would be like me spending 1p on sweets or something.

Also look at the frigging music industry.
Posted Image

#202 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:41 PM

I dont see the point of what u said - you mostly reply to gideons words than putting real facts.
EA may react in one way or another and may not react at all.
I dunno exactly but it looks that this whole issue is to track EA's attention to CD.
b.t.w. if EA waned to sue mods they would just sue them. till now i seen nothing- wich means they dont care and in the RA3 anouncment you can see they even support and thank to the modding community.
if they will sue mods they will put a mark on their games mod's wich will cause fear amnong moderers. this why i dont think this gonna happend.

secondly EA's bigest interest is money. if they see CD can bring them lots of money then they would think about it.

I however see the risk: an open door for evryone who can, to creat games but this already happened.
Moreover CD looks promising don't u agree?

Edited by that?, 10 January 2005 - 12:50 PM.

#203 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 12:59 PM

Yes, I read the CNC Den comments, I read them everyday. What he doesnt realise is that EA IS NOT going to allow him to make his own exe and run all his graphics through the sage engine. Professional companies pay millions of pounds to use an engine from another company. We'd all love to use the Half Life 2 engine to create our own game from, but it isnt going to happen. Hell even a lot of professional companies would like to do it and the only way they can is by forking out the cash. Somehow I dont think Gideon has that much cash lying around to fork out a license for the Sage engine. I somehow even doubt the marketing men at EA would actually sell it.

I highly doubt he's "working with them", we can all send EA an e-mail, it doesnt however get through to someone of any real importance or knowledge on the subject. I can pretty much guess how the e-mail conversation went in that Gideon sent an e-mail saying he's making a game using C&C Zero Hour and they said yes he can, probably of the basis that he's making a TC. I highly doubt any specifics of what he's actually doing has gone to someone who actually knows what is going on.

If he's coded this entirely from scratch, which I highly doubt he has, its very good work, but I really doubt he has. They will no doubt be a large portion of the code structure from Generals being used. If its his own game why isnt he using the improved Sage engine from BFME? I'm not fighting Crimson Dawn, I'm just trying to point out what he thinks he can do, and what he can do are two vastly different things.

And you that? obviously didnt read the comments on CNC Den, it wasnt exactly the rosiest of comment responses on the subject. Prehaps the CD Marketing Team and Gideon should actually make clear what they are doing before they go around every forum copy and pasting the exact same information.

If he's making his own game, the EA law suit will drop faster than you can imagine once released. Gideon will most likely be spending years in an american jail for it. If he's making a TC, start actually calling it that rather than making yourself sound better than everyone. This is why you get negative comments, because you speak down to the community. Speak to us, rather than down and you'll get a lot better response from people.

Oh, and before I forget, you're already breaking copyright by using the Command & Conquer logo. Probably should remove that before someone at EA finds out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CD is a TC as of now.

#204 spider-man_2099

spider-man_2099

title available

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:05 PM

Moreover CD looks promising don't u agree?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!
CD looks like shit, I don't know how it plays, but if something looks like that, I wouldn't even care to try how it plays :laugh:
Posted Image

#205 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:14 PM

okay that is pretty harsh spiderman_2099 for the features they have added and graphical flare it is actually quite impressive.

Also spiderman_2099 I am unaware of any of your generals graphical work, you may own in TS/RA2 graphical skill but as for generals who knows? I know a lot of people don't mod it cos they don't like the actual game but don't be so harsh huh? I'm sensing some sacrastic humour :laugh:

We can argue for millions of years on the physics of the unit and the storyline but the talent of the team is good.

We just got all annoyed when you revered to the modification as a GAME.

Now that we have FINALLY sorted this out, perhaps the postive feedback u want can be announced.

Also remember, you that? you don't have to make a post about it, just PM, send a email to the admin/moderator of the site.

Edited by Allied General, 10 January 2005 - 05:31 PM.

Posted Image

#206 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:47 PM

Good speach Allied General.
I may do this later, hopefuly the administrat/moderator wont be such negative.

#207 spider-man_2099

spider-man_2099

title available

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:49 PM

actually not really, the graphics are really really bad.
Posted Image

#208 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 10 January 2005 - 08:59 PM

Couldn't agree more. It's just that the overall shitiness of the community makes anything that's not copy-pasted looks good...
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#209 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2005 - 10:33 PM

I would love to see you to create something like that. :grin:

#210 spider-man_2099

spider-man_2099

title available

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:01 AM

Too bad you won't, it's too shitty to make something like it. Generals never interested me as a modding platform in any case.
Posted Image

#211 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:37 PM

So you stay with the super interesting newdated ra2 and ts???

#212 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:20 PM

more mods and resources for ra2 avaliable ...
Posted Image

#213 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:42 PM

Just that generals sage is so poorly optimized game engine to build on :huh:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#214 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 11 January 2005 - 04:43 PM

the rules is messy :huh:

also general unfairness like multiple superweapon usage and instant kill all occupants with toxins, flame, flashbangs

Edited by Allied General, 11 January 2005 - 04:44 PM.

Posted Image

#215 spider-man_2099

spider-man_2099

title available

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:53 PM

So you stay with the super interesting newdated ra2 and ts???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not making what I make for you to enjoy, it's for me, I couldn't care less about your opinion of what I do.
Posted Image

#216 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:21 PM

Yes the sage isnt god enougth engne I agree but it can always be chenged.
who knows how ra3 would look like???

I dunno but EA dissapointed me with generals. it is good game compared but they gonna continue with it's engine???
There are lots of games in the market using old engines and still looking great.
sometimes it is not the engine wich is the desisive part of the game value.
generals had good engine for it's time but the gameplay sucked. ZH was little better but still not enougth.
I just think CD would be better than them both.

Edited by that?, 11 January 2005 - 08:26 PM.

#217 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:25 PM

As crap, just a bit better.. But using SAGE, it will be crap... updated crap, but still crap.
Petroglyph's SW project looks nice though :huh:

#218 that?

that?
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:27 PM

Yeh, where can i find screenshots exept the magazines itself?

#219 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:52 PM

They were on PCNC, but they got removed due to copyright stuff

#220 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 11 January 2005 - 08:57 PM

That's odd. I would think something like that would fall under fair use.
:huh:
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users