1144 replies to this topic

#221 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:31 AM

I wouldn't say a staff would be suitable for Gildor, although a spear definatly would. The vanyar were famed for their skill with spears, so it seems likely that he'd wield one.

Were they? Where does it say that, I must have missed it.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#222 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:04 AM

In HoME somewhere, I forget where. I just come across a lot of information, and memorise the stuff like that, then forget where it's come from.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#223 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:47 PM

Gildor with a spear is a nice idea - something different than other Elven heroes. And spear is a bit more stealth weapon than sword, so it suits Gildor.

And I have one more idea. I'm not sure was something like this mentioned before, but: Rhovanion Elves are going to be stealth and bow-armed faction. What do you think about a new upgrade called "Mallorn Bows"? For Rhovanion Archers:

Cost: 1000 - 1200
Equipping cost: 350 - 450
Provides: +10% range, +10% attack speed, +10 attack.

Ghaladrim have actually full Palantir, so maybe give them very heavy armour like Royal Guards have and remove armour upgrade in case of adding this upgrade?

#224 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:11 PM

That's a good idea, except would the elves really cut down a Mallorn tree? <:)
Didn't think so :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#225 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:25 PM

That's a good idea, except would the elves really cut down a Mallorn tree? <:)
Didn't think so :p

they dont. they use twigs and sticks that are ground a some that are in the tree but small enough that it wont affect it. how else do you think any elf made their bows :ninja:
Posted Image

#226 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:12 PM

Cut down trees, duh <:)
Just not the mallorn :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#227 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:39 AM

Cut down trees, duh <:)
Just not the mallorn :p

nope not even that. elves have a huge respect twards nature. they will not destroy it. everything using wood they do like i said before about sticks and twigs
Posted Image

#228 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:44 AM

Or maybe they used the powers that were given to them to make the bows (like in Eragon II when the Elf Queen Islanzadi sung the bow from the trees, if any of you have read it).

Anyway, that is a pretty good idea from swan, but taking the heavy armour away from the Galadhrim I don't know about. I think everyone will agree when I say that they like both of the Galadhrim skins that Celeglin made, both armoured and unarmoured. Besides we saw both of those costumes in the films. If the Guard button were to be removed (I only use the shortcut nowadays) then it'll have room. That is if the upgrade is added.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#229 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:18 AM

How did they fuel fires then? with twigs and branches? How did they make fire hot enough to forge weapons? With twigs? No :p
You can't keep a fire going with twigs, they burn in seconds
Yes, they hugely respected nature, but they had to.
And in a room in rivendell, there was a fire all year long, can they do that with twigs?
<:)

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#230 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 04:33 AM

you can start a fire with twigs, and you keep it with coal. thats how most fires that must be kept for awhile are fueled. you just use wood if the flame is going down, because it starts it up some more <:)

Edited by adummy, 21 December 2006 - 04:33 AM.

Posted Image

#231 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:01 AM

Elves with coal <:)
I rest my case :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#232 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 05:03 AM

whats wrong with coal? it does not destroy nature (reminding you that global warming was not an issue when tolkein wrote this)
Posted Image

#233 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:13 AM

Whatever. They used bows henceforth used wood. So maybe now mallorn bows but longbows eh? Giving 25% range and such? <:)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#234 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 December 2006 - 06:55 AM

more then likly you have to mine deep to get coal and wood smells better when you burn it <:)

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#235 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:35 AM

You guys really know how to get off-topic, don't you. <:)
Posted Image

#236 swan

swan
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:03 PM

I thought that there will be another unit using the unarmoured Galadhrim skin. But I'm not sure.

+25% range is a bit to much. Elven archers would have bigger range than other unit's sight (which was something obvious in Middle-Earth, but it'd be overpowered in game).
Small range bonus and attack bonus are better.

But Celeglin will have a lot of problems with bows skins, I guess.

And IMO Elves used peat as a source of energy. And twigs or branches, of course.

#237 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:02 PM

Maybe make the Warriors have heavy armor already, and the marchwardens have the unarmored skin?
Peat is mostly found in swamps, and the only one I can think of is the dead marshes.....

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#238 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:11 AM

I thought that there will be another unit using the unarmoured Galadhrim skin. But I'm not sure.

+25% range is a bit to much. Elven archers would have bigger range than other unit's sight (which was something obvious in Middle-Earth, but it'd be overpowered in game).
Small range bonus and attack bonus are better.

Maybe lower the Galadhrim's range by 10-15% (that might be too much) and their attack slightly, then the Mallorn Bows give them 25% range and a medium boost in range attack.
Posted Image

#239 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:41 AM

My ideas for the mirkwoods, marchewardens, and Galadhrim Warriors

Mirkwood- fast attack speed, low attack power (what they are now)

Marchwardens- slow attack speed, high attack power, can't get heavy, use unamored skin

Warriors- heavy assult force <^_^ use the armor from the warrior in the barracks, then heavy armor

My ideas ;)

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#240 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:58 AM

That looks pretty much right.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users